[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
define normie in two sentences. then explain in which ways you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: RiErcRW.jpg (412 KB, 1800x1030) Image search: [Google]
RiErcRW.jpg
412 KB, 1800x1030
define normie in two sentences. then explain in which ways you are not a normie simply and with clarity in three. I will then respond to you with one sentence, the intent of which I will not know until I read your attempt at communication.

Go on. Feed me your delusions of victimhood. Prove the assumption you assume I have wrong. Or do nothing and waste away, never having experienced satisfaction in your thoughts and actions.

This is your way out
>>
shut the fuck up comrade.
>>
>>29010959

but how come tho
>>
>>29010853
Normie: Someone that has or is able to achieve social and reproductive success and maintain it. Additionally, they lack a great number of negative distinguishable traits, allowing them to blend into the herd very naturally or with some degree of ease.

I am not a normie because I am schizoid and I value my own, strange interests over those of most people. Additionally, despite a conscious effort to improve my social skills and making myself externally appear normal, I am still obviously strange enough that others are totally uninterested in me and are generally content leaving me alone. I largely don't mind being alone, either, since other people generally don't add to my happiness or contribute to my life much.
>>
>>29010853
Normalfag - A well adjusted individual who has or is able to obtain a gf. Another sign of a normalfag is someone who wants to force their "normal" opinions on what they deem abnormal ie /b/ and cringe threads.

How am I not a normalfag

>ugly as all hell
>still a kv despite at 22 (turning 23 later this year)
>heavy into weeb stuff (anime VNs manga ect.)
>Uniroincally prefer 2D over 3D
>Super paranoid about most things.
>Constant self loathing, feel like I don't belong anywhere.

I'm not trying to play the victim though, I know most of my failings are my own fault.
>>
>>29012049
You dont have to be a lonely girlfriendless faggot to not be a normalfag. Ive been married for almost 4 years, lost my virginity when i was 14. My wife is hot af btw. And im the farthest thing from a dull fucking norman. Afterall, im here arent i?
>>
>>29011821

I believe it would surprise you to know how many herd individuals value their own interests which they would also claim to be strange; falling in line with the largest amount of people isn't exactly success (although some delusional members of the herd - it takes a certain delusion to *want* to fit in so strongly - feel that blending *is* success). Being alone is good for you, don't let anyone have you think otherwise, but do not allow it to define you.

I added another sentence because I enjoy you
>>
>normie
Someone who's likes, goals and desires fit within those generally accepted by polite society, eg. having friends, a wife and kids etc.
Plus they have the will and ability to achieve at least some form of those desires.

My goals do involve having real friends, a wife and kids etc. (as well as other, less normal things) however I lack the willpower and ability to make good on any of those goals.
I live alone, with minimal contact with other people apart from a small selection of internet friends and doing lots of drugs.
I'm 2 years into a university course that I'm failing, and will most likely kill myself upon failing at the end.

>bonus sentence

I'm not actually a virgin, but that's only down to drug-induced chance.
>>
>>29012049

No truly well-adjusted person would want to force their opinions (if they were really wholesome they would realize that everyone is entitled to their own) on another person; remember that being unattractive is not purely physical and enjoying forms of entertainment that others look down on is not a reason to look down on yourself. I suggest that instead of actively seeking to belong elsewhere, you find that kind of peace within yourself; define your own belonging and you will never feel out of place.

I added another sentence because I didn't want to be restricted by myself.
>>
>>29012481
>No truly well-adjusted person would want to force their opinions

Then I guess no ones truly well adjusted then, its human nature to put other people down for enjoying things you don't. Are you saying bullys aren't normalfags? are you saying the people who come to 4chan and try to change the culture because it doesen't fit their standards or is "cringy" aren't normalfags?
>>
>>29012476

In my experience drugs intensify feelings of self-loathing and are a key factor in dissolving willpower; I think that you should immediately quit using and utilize the more clear state of mind it grants you. Do you want to keep falling down? Soon it will be difficult to get back up.

I added another sentence because I recognize the immediacy of your specific set of problems.
>>
>>29012604
>I think that you should immediately quit

So do I anon, but I'm not going to
>>
>>29010853
Normie: someone who has bought into mainstream culture. who they are is shaped by those around them rather than their own interests and pursuits and are Not limited by social awkwardness.

I hate most aspects of mainstream culture. I couldn't shape myself by those around me if I tried. No friends or gf due to social retardation.
>>
>>29012540

I've met several people who are so confident in their own enjoyments that they do not even think about trying to change another person's interests. This is maturity.

I am saying that one cannot call another person normal based on the way they present themselves to the world. But to answer your immediate questions, yes I would say that most bullies would not consider themselves normal or else why would they feel the need to exercise their insecurities? As for the second question, I cannot comment because of the extent of people that visit 4chan. And I would suggest that you do not generalize so fiercely either.
>>
>>29012623

not with that attitude anon. I have faith in you. Not expectation, but faith. Allow yourself to feel that.
>>
>>29012695
>I've met several people who are so confident in their own enjoyments that they do not even think about trying to change another person's interests. This is maturity.

That's true, but maturity most certainly isn't normal.

>yes I would say that most bullies would not consider themselves normal

I don't think anyone really considers themselves normal?
>>
>>29010853

Normans are well adjusted human beings who are suited to existing in modern western society. They often enjoy their day to day lives, or have developed coping mechanisms to help them get by as a functioning member of society.

I don't consider myself a norman because I am not well adjusted and I have difficulty relating to and understanding peers. I feel like there should be something else, or something more to life than the current average existence in western society. I don't believe that I am somehow greater or entitled to a better life, I just have a constant feeling of being outside of the norm.
>>
File: 1387952455845.png (417 KB, 1246x724) Image search: [Google]
1387952455845.png
417 KB, 1246x724
>>29012695
Well maybe I should clarify what I meant by my post about normalfags.

The first sentence is more of a modern /r9k/ definition ie someone with no issues and has a gf not a virgin ect.

The second sentence pertains to the original definition which was basically people who try to force normalcy on people, the people that would come to 4chan and complain about the sites culture ie my god how can you virgin losers fap to cartoons ect.

Normalfag hasn't always meant normal person, it was just someone who wanted to force normalcy on people and for them to be normal. even a robot could fit the original definition if he came here and complained about all the "weird" stuff that your average 4chan user likes.
>>
>>29012731
>not with that attitude anon.

exactly

>I have faith in you.

as have lots of people
>>
>>29012661

I like your definition of normal as it implies that someone who is 'normal' does not have a good idea of what kind of person they are, and so they look to mainstream culture for help; why waste energy on hating culture when you can work on yourself instead? I'm interested in being your friend based on what you just said to me, I think that you have a really cool outlook on things.

I added another sentence because I was really interested in what you had to say.
>>
>>29012744

>I don't think anyone really considers themselves normal?

Good point. This makes me wonder why there is such an obsession with labeling things as normal.
>>
>>29012791

I like that you reference western society, and I want to make it very clear to you that the something else that you believe should exist does indeed exist; it is up to you to find it. Begin your search anon, do not wait one more day.

I added another sentence because I am very excited for the prospect of your journey.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.