[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some robot friendly travel destinations? Some place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 900x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 900x644
What are some robot friendly travel destinations? Some place where I can travel to alone and not be bothered by anyone else. The less normie the better so Ibiza and shit like that is out of the question.
>>
>>28997859
>What are some robot friendly travel destinations?
Alaska & New England
>>
>>28997859
I would prefer to travel far away from the U.S. as possible
>>
>>28997859

Quite a few places. Though it depends what you mean by 'not be bothered'. I went to Vietnam and loved it, though it's horrifically corrupt and crowded. You can be a shade in the crowds there, and enjoy the good food and little differences. Though if you want to see Halong Bay beware, most operators expect Westerners who want the party atmosphere or are very high priced. Shanghai is crowded, dirty, and rude, but similar elements exist there as well as long as you don't mind a lack of personal space. Cambodia likewise can be pleasant to be lost in and messy at the same time. South America I would generally advise against, though there's a pleasantness to Peru I think is worth experiencing, especially in the highlands.
>>
japan and switzerland, plenty of places there
>>
>>28997942
Cambodia looks right up my alley. My only thing is how feasible is it really for someone from r9k to navigate through the country by themselves? I've got a lot of experience traveling but have only traveled completely alone once and that was to Singapore. Quite a drastic change but I'm open to it.
>>
>>28997943
Japan is on my list but I save that for the future. Switzerland is an intriguing one though. What can I do there?
>>
Every travel destination is good if you're rich and shit if you're poor.
>>
>>28997995

I haven't been to Singapore, but it sounds functional and clean, though very crowded. Cambodia shares the crowds but not the other two. I went through Phnom Penh and then Siem Reap (town next to Angkor Wat). Plenty of people speak functional English in these places. And you'd be surprised how much can be communicated with pantomime in any country. Rural, more out of the way Cambodia always seemed interesting to me. I have only ever traveled alone, occasionally signing on with groups as needs dictated. You can easily see Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples alone. Cambodia is very cheap to stay in. Just avoid the seedy side, even as someone who never was interested it was obvious how common that was. Lots of NGO presence in Phnom Penh as well, not that they do much. Oh, and for God's sake avoid Angkor Wat during the Chinese New Year. One of the Pirate Bay fellows lived in Phnom Penh until the Swiss got him arrested.
>>
Sweden I've heard
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.