[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come although people say INTJs are the edgelords, INTPs are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: 1566541684894.jpg (97 KB, 433x433) Image search: [Google]
1566541684894.jpg
97 KB, 433x433
How come although people say INTJs are the edgelords, INTPs are more obnoxious and completely overestimate themselves?
>>
because INTPs are by default fedora tippers
>>
>>28978310
INTPs usually do that out of sarcasm and ebin banter xDDD

I'm good friends with an INTP in my classes and all he does is make fun out of people for being stupid, however upon getting to know him better he revealed that he hates himself more than anyone else and has a massive anxiety of failure. INTPs aren't very good at expressing their feelings.

That being said, while all N types, especially NT types are very capable of developing edgelord philosophies, INTJs and to a lesser extent INFJs are the only ones really ready to act on them. Just look at Ayn Rand, Anders Breivik (both INTJs) and Hitler (INFJ). There are few "dark" INTPs in comparison.
>>
>>28978662
And? There are a lot of INTJs and INFJs who've done positive things. Not to mention, what's wrong with Ayn Rand..?
Your friend and all the other INTPs are sad people who spread negativity. Doesn't matter that he has problems, we all do. Doesn't give him the right to shit on others like a child.
>>
File: 1458951545389.jpg (68 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
1458951545389.jpg
68 KB, 410x410
>intp overestimating themselves
>implying

Intps are very little self aware, not enough to have an ego strong enough for what you're talking about.

I'm an intp and sometimes I plainly forget that I exist as a person, rather than just an observing consciousness.

Intj are edgelords because they care only about their ass and how to make it sit on the comfiest seat
>>
>>28978662
so what you're saying is that Ps are cucks and Js are alpha
>>
>>28978758
>they care only about their ass and how to make it sit on the comfiest seat
Newsflash: All people do that except for doormats
>>
>>28978900
Nuh uh, that's a shittyass mindset anon. Not everyone is desperatly trying to be on the top of everything and I despise those who do.

>that one fat cunt that has to be the first on every activity
>that one shittyass fuck that always try to speak louder than everyone
>that autistuc shit that always want to be on the front seat of the car

Worst is that they'd get angry over these shallow things. Abslolutely no depth. While INTJs can be able to think right, they still mostly act like kids.
>>
>>28978736
You're missing the point. It's not about what type is overall the best people. It's about what type has the most edgy people, which INTJs win by a long shot.

There's nothing wrong with Ayn Rand, but it's undeniable that she has an edgy "dark philosopher" reputation in the minds of many people.

I'm also not saying that my friend has a "right" to slob around and talk about killing himself all day (the concept of a right is ludicrous desu). I'm simply answering your question by explaining why INTPs are as a pathetic as they seem.

>>28978771
xSxPs>xSxJs

Hell, even NFPs are more alpha than NFJs when you consider that NFJs are submissive doormats: the type, whereas NFPs are usually more whiny than anything else.

J doesn't exist. Learn cognitive functions already.
>>
>>28978997
You will probably not get or ignore this but all people who aren't weak and passive do that. The people you spoke of are the people who get their way in life and all of life in general works like this. Hate to break it to you. Doesn't matter if you don't like it. If you aren't pushy you won't make it in the real world.
>>
>>28979008
>your loser friend represents all intp

I know artists, musicians and bookworms that are doing real great right now while being intps.

You can be from a certain type of personality and still suffer from troubles of the everyday life, that has not much to do with the personality type itself.
>>
>>28978310
Intps are dreamers
>>
>>28978900
Edgy

way to prove his point
>>
>>28978310
Because people confuse "idea guys" for INTPs.
>>
File: 1464126498333.jpg (62 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
1464126498333.jpg
62 KB, 421x421
>>28979108
I'm well aware of how domination and other primal aspects of our society works anon. Human beings are still primates in the end. But I'd rather go around the problem so that it doesn't arise at all than be pushing myself and act out of character.

For example, even tho I've never been beefy or aggressive looking, I've never had troubles with bullies or people pushing me around, either by inspiring some kind of friendly respect to them, speaking few but witty words or plainly letting them unconsciously know that fucking with me means having your ass kicked on levels other than just physical.

There's no such a thing as being inherently weak or strong. Just situations. Each situations have their own way to resolve them. Not all of them has to be being a loud or violent bitch. But some do, it's true.
>>
>>28979120
I agree.

What I was trying to say was that INTPs naturally suffer from a lack of emotional skills. They often come off as arrogant when they mean to be playful and stoic when they mean to be considerate.

This is an undeniable truth for INTPs, as they have repressed Fe which is directly responsible for skills mentioned above. Whereas someone like an ENFJ or even an ENTP can respond to other peoples emotions with the delicacy of a seismograph, without considerable trial and effort, INTPs hit like a mace instead of pin.

Besides, INTPs are also prone to laziness and procrastination thanks to their function stack. Obviously this can be improved on but don't count on a naturally lazy person to have the motivation to learn how to stop being lazy.

Don't take the skills you as an INTJ (I'm assuming anyway) have for granted. It's something I always see xxTJs do and it's infuriating every time. INTJs are nearly always more competent than INTPs at everything, some types are just stronger than others, and in the INTPs case it's because of their apathy.
>>
>>28978310
>overestimate
if anything, we underestimate ourselves. inferiority complex is very much alive, due to social retardation and being a loser to begin with.
>>
>>28979414
Well, there is a good reason why INTPs are the personality types that earn on average the least and are also the unhappiest.
>>
>>28979397
>arrogant when they mean to be playfull

Ah I get what you mean. To some people just te way we express ourselves is annoying as shit. All grandiloquant and condescendant sometimes. However I'm aware of that and try to consider everyone as my equal and not sound like a pedant asshole.

Being the way we are is a thing, realizing our flaws and trying to overcome them is something different. How do you guys personally try to beat the fate and gain more flexibility ?
>>
>>28979559
Whoa man that's scary. Got sauce on that ?
>>
>ebin type thread
>ISTP is never brought up despite being the best type

fucking fags
>>
>>28978529

How? Explain without using your vague Internet memes please.
>>
>>28979698
I'm not sure if I'm an INTP myself (stuck between INFJ and INTP) but I mostly try to focus on the end goal and my reasons for doing something in the first place. I tell myself that guilt and shame is permanent but laziness and apathy is not. I try visualize myself after I've achieved my goal and make myself fall in love with a future version of myself.
>>
>>28979397
Let me guess, you're an INTJ? You sound insufferable to be around.
>>
>>28979941
I'm not sure what my type is. I think I'm either an INFJ or an INTP.

Just out of curiosity why do I come of as insufferable?
>>
>>28979559
yeah, well we always find good reasons why not to try hard.
>>
Holy fuck you guys over analyze a Facebook tier quiz so much. Not saying it's not a valid test but everyone answers the questions to fit a certain image they have that's why fedora tippers always end up intp
>>
>>28979800
>http://similarminds.com/jung/istp.html
>"best"

>>28979898
You sound more infj than intp. The simple fact that you deeply care about the person you'll be tomorow is showing me that. I personally can't plan shits but live in the now. I'm cultivating that along with sensibility, just observing, never rushing to conclusions, and at least having some fun while observing, finding beauty, and all that buddhist bullshit that's completly overlooked today.

I get my motivation out of stimuli, so when I'm being a lazy piece of crap I just go out or listen to some music that'll surely bring me some new ideas as to what I could do.

>>28980065
Not the anon you're asking that but the way you develop your post, you give no chance for possibilities and sound way too sure of yourself. I mean yeah, the whole mbti thing is based on somewhat scientific thinking and logic but using expressions like "undeniable truth", "obviously" and "are/is" (rather than "could be considered as" or "may") is really making it sound as if no one had flexibility and just having a fout lettered acronym over your head determined your fate with no chance to ever change.

Like man I've had an intj gf (one and only girl I've had, pls no bully) and she was like nothing you described that type.
>>
>>28980168
I'm professionaly diagnosed, along with schizophrenic tendencies nigga.

But I get what you mean, it's really tempting to think of yourself as an intp when the major traits are just being a lonely piece of crap that believes in muh science.
>>
>>28979201
What are "idea guys" if not INTP
>>
File: 1334091913073.png (191 KB, 326x289) Image search: [Google]
1334091913073.png
191 KB, 326x289
>>28980494
Pretty much anyone that seeks more and more knowledge, points of views and always try to go deeper down the rabbithole is an idea guy. But then it's what intps do best.

The problem is that by the argumentative nature of this website, lots of folk here are intps. So don't be surprised to see that this place is full of fedora tippers.

On another subjects, how many of you intps are believers to some extent ? Not particularly religious, but believers ?
>>
>>28980682
>anyone that seeks more and more knowledge, points of views and always try to go deeper down the rabbithole
But isn't that the definition of INTP? Just absorbing knowledge and facts?
>>
>>28980707
It's also called curiosity and everbody has that to some extent
>>
>>28980882
Yeah sure but it's the defining trait of the INTx types.
>>
File: 1464427749651-r9k.jpg (137 KB, 1439x1079) Image search: [Google]
1464427749651-r9k.jpg
137 KB, 1439x1079
>>28979334
>But I'd rather go around the problem so that it doesn't arise at all than be pushing myself and act out of character.
My nigg
>>
>>28978310
>INTPs are more obnoxious and completely overestimate themselves

Oh please, I'm very well aware that I'm worthless and human garbage. Sure I do have above average IQ, but I'm completely unable to actually do anything with it.
>>
File: 1423301477516s.jpg (4 KB, 185x224) Image search: [Google]
1423301477516s.jpg
4 KB, 185x224
>>28978310

Because people are fucking retarded.

That's basically why.

And so are *all* of you for spending time masturbating over this.

>HURRR MUH EM BEE TEEE EYE

Please proceed to kill yourselves in an calm and orderly fashion.
>>
>tfw INTP but i dont overestimate my abilities
>>
>>28978310
INTPs are usually just not serious and overly sarcastic because they usually don't really take life seriously either. INTPs are the the type of people who tend to become cynics rather than convinced atheists who think they can change the world simply by shouting that they're smarter than the rest louder than everyone else does.

In a way, they're both pretty edgy, but INTJ's are overly obnoxious, completely delusional and actually believe they are more intelligent than the rest, making them extremely obnoxious and arrogant, while INTP's are overly self-critical, yet extremely self-aware, which is why they often ridicule everyone and everything, including themselves.

So, basically, INTJ's are annoying and INTP's are relaxed. INTJ's are smart-asses and delusional, INTP's are passive and too self-aware. Both are autists, but in very different ways.
>>
>>28981407
What about INFP, ISTP and ISTJ? How's the autism for those?
>>
>>28981442
INFP's are not really autists from what I can see, but just emotional wreckage. They're usually those hippies that try to stand up for that one really corny topic and blindly defend groups like greenpeace or mindlessly support some ideology (usually a humanitarian, one that is strongly related to some sense of morality), which makes them the type that usually 'loses hope in humanity' simply because most other types just don't give a shit anyways. I'd much rather describe INFPs as pathetic than autistic.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with ISTP's, so I can't really give you much of my personal view on them, but from what I have seen so far, they don't seem very bothersome at all.

As for ISTJ's, they might be what most people associate with autistic behaviour. Love for routine, no abstract thinking skills at all, mindlessly reciting facts, having great memory, being very uncomfortable to change and generally lacking any form of flexibility in combination with strong lack of empathy. Nevertheless, they are one of my favorite types as I grew up with an ISTJ mother and there's one thing I can tell you, they are extremely reliable and great people if you tolerate their lack of flexibility. You basically just have to understand that their mind works like this: security >>> all. ALWAYS and in every situation.
>>
>>28981691
That makes it clearer, thanks.
>>
The sphere of superiority is just there to deviate peoples thoughts from our flaws to our obnoxity, which in turn makes the crowd stay away from us, so they don't find out our deficiencies.

t.INTJ
>>
File: 1449501585082.gif (199 KB, 336x468) Image search: [Google]
1449501585082.gif
199 KB, 336x468
>>28981774
you shouldn't really take what i say as fact though, it's just my personal view

and you're welcome
>>
I posted this in another thread to no avail

Is there some kind of chart of real-life, practical examples of how each type would react to a particular situation?
>>
>>28982309
There probably are some, but there's a big chance those are overly generalized and simplified, which kind of makes them defeat their own purpose.
>>
>>28982456
This. However we could make our own, but anona would need to play the honesty card and considering the popullation of this board it's gonna be a shitty thing anyway
>>
>>28982456
>>28982523
I'd like to help making one, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to MBTI.

I think it could be a good resource for anons who aren't sure about their types or just don't want to use the websites (which are pretty unreliable).
>>
>>28982764
But then a psychologist can make things clearer for you. And in the end it's just an acronym, basing your life based on that is silly.

You're supposed to know yourself more and than an infographic does anon
>>
>>28983035
Sure I'm not saying it's magic or that it should be taken 100% seriously but it'd still be neat to have that kind of infographic, don't you think?
>>
>>28983055
Well for one thing we'd need to know a lil bit more about the mbti than just what the websites say for it to make it reliable. Or we could turn it into a joke and base it on memes, like with intp being the fedora tippers and so on
>>
>>28983116
Well, we'd need to base ourselves on the general descriptions + the cognitive functions, I think.

>base it on memes
I suppose that would be easier.
>>
>>28978758
What are you talking about? INTPs are the most self aware.
>>
>>28982764
The problem with understanding MBTI, and I have experienced this for myself, is that once you feel related to one of the types, you start reasoning differently. Instead of looking for clues that might go against what your type does, you start reasoning or rationalizing your decision in a way that fits the type again. If you notice a bad side or negative aspect, you reason that 'it's just the way that type works' instead of trying to improve or fix the situation/issue.

Basically, MBTI is counterproductive information if used wrongly. Nowadays, I have distanced myself a lot from it and I can tell you that I consider myself to be much more individual than back in the days.

Nevertheless, I guess, some infographics could be made, but preferably by somebody who actually understands the basic gist of all the types to some extend. It is absolutely important to note that types are only distinguishable based off of tendencies. Some types just tend to do some things in a certain way more so than others. 'Type-functions' is just a big meme trying to rationalize those tendencies, which should be avoided at all costs. It might help you get a basic idea as to why some types tend to do things in a certain way, but using it as a general principle to explain every aspect of a type is completely bullshit.
>>
>>28983190
he probably confused self-awareness with self-confidence
>>
>>28983208
I've experienced that as well but I've actually made an effort to be detached and continuously re-assess myself so that I don't start acting like my type says I should. But I completely agree, some people might feel compelled to act unnaturally because of MBTI.

>distinguishable based off of tendencies
What you mean is that there's a large error margin, and that trying to define behavioral patterns based on MBTI is impossible?
>Some types just tend to do some things in a certain way more so than others
So, the only thing MBTI does is provide a somewhat consistent method to describe people, but nothing more?
>>
>>28979334
>know that fucking with me means having your ass kicked on levels other than just physical.

*Pssshhhh nothing personal kid*
>>
>>28983377
>What you mean is that there's a large error margin, and that trying to define behavioral patterns based on MBTI is impossible?
Well, to some extend, yes, that is what I was saying. To give an example in order to illustrate better what I meant: ExTJ's are said to have a strong lack of empathy. Cognitive-function based models even go as far as saying that their so-called 'Fe' (impression of emotions; sense for harmony; empathy) is their weakest function (because it's placed on 8th position, within the so-called shadow personality). And yet, you can not predict with certainty that when given the chance to decide, the ExTJ will chose the purely rational possibility while completely ignoring the empathetic one.

>So, the only thing MBTI does is provide a somewhat consistent method to describe people, but nothing more?
Think of it this way: It's nothing more that a classification of people based off of some simple traits. It's the same with gender; I can divide the whole population into 3 categories: male, female and everything in-between. Why can I do that? Because I associate certain traits to a certain category and group all of the people with those traits together. Obviously this doesn't mean that each male person is the same, but they do share those same specified traits. And it's pretty much the same with MBTI. No surprise that so many people finally feel 'understood' because they HAVE to fit in at least one of the 16 categories to some extend. If I tell you that you're either rich or poor, you will probably be able to relate to one of those more than to the other one. And still, this doesn't really mean anything because people with the same type are far from being the same. Like, really far. They can have pretty conflicting personalities.
>>
File: tonyandtim.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
tonyandtim.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>>28978736
>needing a right to shit on people
Found the F type
>>
>Tfw ENTJ
How the hell is this arrangement rare
>>
File: 56h5656hhh.jpg (26 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
56h5656hhh.jpg
26 KB, 313x286
>>28979334
>know that fucking with me means having your ass kicked on levels other than just physical.

What does this even mean? You're going to fuck with him spiritually?
>>
>>28985622
I meant ENFJ, I still don't understand how I can fit that personality type and still be on this board
>>
File: 1230821383213.jpg (108 KB, 726x960) Image search: [Google]
1230821383213.jpg
108 KB, 726x960
Ask A Badass ISTP Anything
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.