[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is college better than high school? Or does your social status
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 960x710) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 960x710
Is college better than high school? Or does your social status just get worst?
>>
Well I thought highschool was bad, but then I went to college and my hairline receded really bad in less than a year
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 684x576
>you can't repeat high school
>>
Nothing changes for the better. It only gets worse.
>still get group projects
>people have massive egos there about who's smarter
>somehow stupid and annoying people will there to amaze you how retarded they are
>the smart people will cheat with their groups of friends and you will realize why it seems like there are so many "geniuses" from that college
>you will either gain weight or lose it, whichever one you don't want to happen
>you will go many days without sleep
>you will be poor as fucked
>everyone who said college is easy either lied or got a retard major
>liberal feminists and shit everywhere
>you won't get a gf or invitations to parties
>>
>>28957481
Your social status probably won't get better or worse unless you change yourself in a major way or go to a college in a much different environment than your high school. The good news is that people tend to care less about social status in college.
>>
The social part is worse your first two years as >>28957629 suggests, but it pretty much goes away when you start taking upper-level classes in your major. At that point, people are more concerned about just doing the work, and most of the idiots have been filtered out. When this happens, rather than having a low social status, you have social detachment. That is, you'll have no social interaction at all outside of group projects and no one will give you shit for it or anything else you do or don't do.

This is my experience in an engineering major, so it may be different elsewhere.
>>
the potential and chance for many things are a lot better HOWEVER a lot of times robots just can't catch a break and have everything against them so they never go anywhere
>>
It's about the same. The popular kids with lots of friends will become popular and have lots of friends. Losers who are always alone will be losers who are always alone. I guess the bright side is that you won't get bullied or anything because no will know you exist
>>
>Go for STEM
>expect something better
>it gets worse
how?
why are normies in stem colleges?
>>
Nobody will be actively cruel to yo, but it's much much easier to be alone.
>>
Yes and no. I found that women are more friendlier but harder to approach in a dating sense. Also you will see people from all over the world.
>>
>>28957629
welp, at least the last two aren't true
>>
>>28957935
this boggles my mind as well
>doing aerospace engy
>thought i finally might find some friends
>at least one person somewhat robotish like me

nope, all normies and chads
I couldn't believe there'd be that many chads
>>
>>28957629
>a retard major
finishing up my Bsc in Chem this semester, uni was a joke so far.
>>
>>28957935
>>28958061
Because chads are actually smarter than they let on in high school. My old roomie was a football star amd one of the smartest fuckers I ever met
>>
>>28957481
College was better for me. It was easier to find people with similar interests and worldview among 10k persons vs. 350 in High School. Plus school was much better because there was so much less busy work.
>>
>>28958145
I guess you just can't win
>>
>>28957481
It's a lot better
>>
>>28957481
Way way better
>>
>>28958061
how is aerospace engy?
do you get to fly planes (serious question)
or is it just the theory babble
im going to uni next year to do an aerospace course. the grades fit so i took the offer but i dont really know what i signed up for
>>
>>28958309
What do you think?
Why do you even have to ask this question?
>>
>>28958309
I think you have the wrong idea about aerospace engineers. We don't fly the planes that's the job of a pilot. What we do is projecting and designing planes.
>>
>>28958340
So I get to fly planes?

Fuck man that shit is scary, I don't think I want to study that shit
>>
>>28958309
You won't fly planes
If you want to fly planes you have to become a pilot
Becoming a pilot outside the air force is shit
>>
>>28958459
thats next level cuckoldry, backseat gaming tier episode
>be mechanic
>fix cars
>dont drive cars
>>
>>28957870
this about the same

>stacey will be with chads
>robots will be lonely
>>
>>28958555
An aerospace engineer is not a mechanic.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.