[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/'s Writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Sagrada Familia.jpg (2 MB, 3464x4618) Image search: [Google]
Sagrada Familia.jpg
2 MB, 3464x4618
Robots usually have a lot of free time, and I know that some of them write poetry, books, or just fantasies during that time.
Share your writing in this thread, whether it's a poem, short story, or a 700 page book you've been writing.

Don't be scared to share your work, even if you think its terrible, I'd love to read it.

A few robots liked the last thread I made, so I decided to make a new one though really I'm just doing it since I enjoy them myself.
>>
>>28949940
I once was one of the very few anons in a /r9k/ poetry thread to bother with syllabic patterns and etymologically unrelated rhymes.

That isn't about any talent though, it was about willingness to give effort for the end product's quality.
>>
>>28949971
I was never great at poetry, but I can relate to putting effort into the end product's quality.

I'd rewrite the same paragraph 3-4 times, and even then I wouldn't be satisfied with the result. Having talent would make life so much easier.
>>
>>28950010
I can relate in the sense of being highly attached to parallelisms at some point. It has gone away a bit, but I would feel like a mess if the paragraph didn't contain an enumeration, corresponding suffixes, or at least an alliteration. I blame my minor programming background for making me expect visual symmetry or otherwise similarity between my lines.

I'm thankful for it though; symbolic, 'non-prose' so to say texts are often scientific; dislike for running prose might have turned me away from the 'soft sciences' a bit. Not that I actively dislike literature.
>>
>>28949940
Are you guys less mean than /lit/?
>>
File: 1460073682818.jpg (789 KB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
1460073682818.jpg
789 KB, 2322x4128
Holy fuck man, not related to this topic, but I almost shat my pants when I saw OP pic. I took the same exact picture when I went to la Sagrada Familia and I just thought for a second that I had my pictures stolen somehow...
>>
>>28950618
We're not mean at all, I'll read it even if it's bad.

>>28951111
Small world
>>
I've written a few chapters of stories featuring a private detective who works on a space colony. the world is more detailed than any of the stories have been desu. I should knuckle down and finish one of them but I can never feel the motivation necessary.
>>
>life without a girl
>is like a nigger without
>a watermelon

haiku
>>
>>28951521
haikus
are crap
>>
>>28949940
Ill never share my writing, but im glad that threads like these exist.
>>
>>28951537
>spelling 'I'm' 'im'

I'm not particularly glad that threads like these exist, but I'm glad you'll never share your writing.
>>
>>28950618
lol fucking pussy. if you suck at writing either get better and accept the criticism or give up and find another hobby
>>
File: 123ei123e+.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
123ei123e+.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
English isn't my first language, A guy in another thread just told me I am fun to read because I write in a different way.

I kind if felt nice, bad because he found out so easy, but happy that he found it cute nonetheless
>>
>>28951557
>>28951618
Holy shit stop samefagging. Also
>. if
Maybe you shouldnt share your writing either.
>>
I posted this at the end of the last thread and got a bit of feedback, I'd appreciate it if any anons would take a look at it and maybe give me a few pointers.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBcNOIKkT2BXKxXkqSqoqpQhXOo-TSSKuw8afgcxJF8/edit?usp=docslist_api
I finished my novel about a month ago, and I had to start writing short stories using the same main character as in the book to try and generate some interest from publishing agents. This is the first of a few I'm working on but it's the only one I'd consider done. I kind of rushed it because I want to be done with the short stories so I know they could use some work.
>>
>>28951695
First, I'm not >>28951618, second, I don't write, third, if I did I wouldn't share.
>>
>>28951719
What's wrong with pastebins? Too much of a faggot to give up formatting?
>>
>>28951750
I think I'm just lazy. Never really thought about doing pastebins before.
Sorry for being a massive faggot
>>
File: 1464120243010.gif (83 KB, 492x465) Image search: [Google]
1464120243010.gif
83 KB, 492x465
http://wreckedgreg.tumblr.com
Normally I just shitpost on /lit
>>
>>28951796
I'm not going to download and run a complete small operating system's worth of JavaScript just to read something that could just be posted as a .txt.
>>
>>28951829
Is lit a decent place to get some feedback or a critique? I've looked on there once before but it seemed to be a bunch of faggots circlejerking about how much they hate Murakami
>>
>>28951846
Yeah, critique threads can be pretty good. Met some people there. Avoid all the meme threads though.
>>
tfw you write in your native language and none one will read your work Feels badd man
>>
I write some of my thoughts down and try to make it aesthetic. But when I read them afterwards my writings seem melodramatic, futile and overwrought. Also they're in french. Even if they weren't I'd still be embarassed to post them here, anonymous or not.
>>
>>28951842
To elaborate: my FF debugger says the JavaScript of that Google Doc totals 12 documents weighing 4,196,710 kB. Divided by 1.44 MB, this gives 2.91 ~= 3 floppies. Googling >"Linux" "three|3 floppy|floppies" returns e.g. [1]. As you can see, it contains network tools, editors, archivers, etc.

[1] http://www.giannone.ch/rescue/current/
>>
>>28952071
Yeah I hate it too when I write something and it comes out in french.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.