[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do normies doublethink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: thatfeelwhennocleverfilename.png (13 KB, 197x239) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwhennocleverfilename.png
13 KB, 197x239
How do normies hold contradictory opinions?

Is it work, or does it come naturally to them?

And, what about just using personal attacks against people they disagree with, rather than trying to come to an understanding? Is this something you have to work at, or does it come naturally?

Answers from normies much appreciated.
>>
>Contradictory opinions are work.
They're always at odds because you know theres no way to ever know if you're 100% right or not. They aren't work as long as you don't try and reconcile them. You just gotta accept that subjective issues will always make two or more of your values clash.

>Personal attacks
Comes very natural. If we're having a debate, and both of us realize that there's a debate to be had, personal attacks are held back. But some guy outside a bar yelling at some girl your with gets a swift "Fuck off dipshit." Because he doesn't care about coming to an understanding.

Its second nature. You know when someone doesn't care about a compromise so it just becomes "whos gonna hurt who more."
>>
>>28934287
>How do normies hold contradictory opinions?

Same way you do. Confirmation bias, ego defense, and an unwarranted sense of exceptionalism.
>>
>>28934629

>Same way you do.

But I actively try not to and when I find that I do it almost becomes physically painful and I have to go somewhere quiet and think.
>>
>>28934718
Like I said: exceptionalism. Everyone believes they're self-aware and capable of regulating themselves.
>>
>>28934798
Just like you. You're no different.
>>
>>28934822
Yep; I'm just as guilty of the same basic, human, flaws in perception and awareness. Just like you, and w/e other group of arbitrarily defined people.
>>
>>28934798

>Everyone believes they're self-aware and capable of regulating themselves.

But I don't believe in free will, so I don't think I'm "self-regulating". I think my opinions are caused by physical phenomena in my head.
>>
>>28934916
Well you should punish yourself then
>>
>>28934951
Even hardline determinism doesn't discount self-regulation. Phenomena like feedback loop control occur in natural systems all the time.

>>28934973
Why?
>>
>>28935152
Because you want to punish others
>>
>>28935283
How did you arrive to that conclusion?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.