[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My rat got out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: where_did_you_go_bert.jpg (186 KB, 796x1260) Image search: [Google]
where_did_you_go_bert.jpg
186 KB, 796x1260
Was missing for a good hour or so, then wandered back into view. It was my fault, I left his cage open after feeding him.

Had a bit of an adventure in the flat, I imagine.
>>
>>28923316
Is your rat's name Bert? If so that's pretty cute
>>
That's a cute dog you have OP.

I'm glad he is safe.
>>
>>28923506
We ended up calling him that. Different people called him by different names before we got him.

He spent the majority of his his time in a 20 gallon fish tank before we adopted him. We bought him a big wire cage he can climb around in. He was depressed in the tank, but in the cage he started to feel better.

After about a week he became playful and would seek out our attention.

We let him run around in one room for at least an hour or so most days. He actually likes to play and loves to be tickled.

Don't keep rats in a fish tank, robots. They get sad.
>>
O.P. here. I though I'd link to the old comic about rats and addiction..

h-tee-tee-p://www.stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/rat-park/
>>
Rats are pretty smart. I'd leave my cage open so they could run around and when they got tired they'd just go back in their cage again.
>>
>>28924018
That is exactly what happened. He came back to get some food, greedy little poop machine that he is.
>>
>>28924101
One time one of my girls (Scrambles) was having a great time running around but suddenly disappeared. It wasn't like her at all to just vanish and not come back on her own accord. I eventually found her hiding inside the back of the fridge.

Funny thing is that I had a vets appointment that day to have her put down because she had a big tumour. It's like she knew.
>>
>>28924228
Cancer. What a sad way to go. I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>28924397
It's pretty much the same way all of my rats have gone, it's sadly just so common for them. I cried in the vets room when they confirmed it was cancer, I'm such a fanny.
>>
>tfw ratto is more productive than you
>>
>>28924711
It's okay man, I hope it all gets better for you and your buddies
>>
File: Norvegi_quest_1.png (478 KB, 1003x3686) Image search: [Google]
Norvegi_quest_1.png
478 KB, 1003x3686
>>28923316
I don't know if anyone will care about this, but I'm going to post it anyway.
>>
File: Norvegi_quest_2.png (459 KB, 1003x3894) Image search: [Google]
Norvegi_quest_2.png
459 KB, 1003x3894
And the post cooldown timer does drop when you attach a picture. Cool.
>>
File: Norvegi_quest_3.png (444 KB, 1003x3960) Image search: [Google]
Norvegi_quest_3.png
444 KB, 1003x3960
By an entire thirty seconds. And yet a non-gibberish comment to go with the picture would take a minute for a normal typist to input. Hardly worth bothering to make that a feature.
>>
File: Norvegi_quest_4.png (426 KB, 1002x3874) Image search: [Google]
Norvegi_quest_4.png
426 KB, 1002x3874
If anyone wants the full pictures, they're going to have to locate the /qst/ archive. I have them, of course, so feel free to curse me. I'm not going to be back to this thread today.
>>
File: Norvegi_quest_5.png (484 KB, 1003x3339) Image search: [Google]
Norvegi_quest_5.png
484 KB, 1003x3339
And this is the final image. If you liked it, maybe go over to /qst/ and participate. Or go over to /wsr/ and help someone.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.