[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The older I get, the more it seems that life basically ends around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: pepeskull.jpg (65 KB, 793x820) Image search: [Google]
pepeskull.jpg
65 KB, 793x820
The older I get, the more it seems that life basically ends around age 22.

Anyone follow me?
>>
>>28897982
It doesn't end there, but it's basically where the curve of "probability of getting life back on track" peaks and starts to go back down.
>>
>>28897982
What are you talking about? Life is a meme, it never began and it will never happen. When you're a kid people tell you real life comes later, and when you're an adult you reminisce about being a kid. It's the only way we tolerate life being shit; we pretend the other times are better.
>>
>>28898071
22 is the last age where your age opens doors, rather than closes them.

It is the last age you can socially get away with stupid shit like tripping acid in public.

It is the last age at which you can date a perfect young 18 year old chick and not be seen as the creepy older guy taking advantage of her naivety.

For most normalfags, it's the end of college, after this age they will never again be so surrounded by people of the same age and similar interests, and they will never again have the overall opportunities to make friends and social connections as everyone becomes focused on their careers and relationships.n

If you're going to experience the greatest highs in life, you'll either need to have achieved them then, or be well on the path. Serious artists or athletes, future nobel prize winning scientists, they will have laid the groundwork for their achievements at this point. They'll build on this and do their greatest work in their mid-20s. Someone who starts out later will most likely never be able to compete, or at least have a markedly short career.
>>
>>28898337
All of these things relate to other people. Is that really what you define your life by? The opinions of other people?
>>
>>28898337
fuck you this sucks. I'm not OP, but this has been the night where I feel like I actually want to kill myself. Not for attention or love anymore but because it's gone. There are so many fucking people in the world and it's not going to stop spinning so some 22 pseudoneet asshole can catch up.

>>28898419
he's not talking about opinions, he's talking about professional connections and relationships
>>
>>28898556
hey, I feel kinda bad now, desu I was just trolling. It's just really effective trolling cause it comes from the heart.

I'm 28 and was a shut in until around age 21ish, my life's not bad, but I missed out on a lot of things and I get depressed about it sometimes, and I think shit like this in my darkest moments. But life doesn't end at 22. Actually, I would say the best years of my life so far have probably been when I was 23 to 25. You have almost your whole 20s ahead of you! Put yourself out there as much as you can, the one piece of advice I can give you is not to allow your life to become stagnant again. When you get more connected, land a job a relationship etc., it's very easy to just "settle" especially if you're a late bloomer cause you lack perspective, but if you do that you will regret it in your late 20s! You didn't get out and live as a teenager but your middle 20s are actually going to be one of the better opportunities you have for that if you play your cards right.

The main reason my late 20s have been shitty is because I'm basically working all the time, and I definitely regret not fucking my way through my 20s instead of spending them in an ultimately failed relationship. But that's one up to me, and thankfully I don't have any kids yet, I'm busy all the time because I'm trying to get into grad school, working, and holding myself to a very strict fitness routine. When I pay off some of my debt I'm going to start taking kickboxing lessons. All the hard work I'm putting in now will pay off in the long run.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.