[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> multiple trees in our backyard that we've had for over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: teres.jpg (51 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
teres.jpg
51 KB, 424x283
> multiple trees in our backyard that we've had for over 20 years
> they attract all sorts of beautiful birds, provide shade in the summer, and make nice rustling sounds outside my window when i'm sleeping at night
> dad is now CUTTING THEM ALL DOWN so that we can get 1% extra energy out of our fucking solar panels for the 2 hours of the day where they slightly block the sunlight

i don't know why but this is actually making me want to kill myself. the backyard is now going to be silent and completely devoid of birds. there's going to be no nice rustling sounds at night time for me to go to sleep to. when i look outside, it will be nothing but grass and cement.

does anyone else live with people who do stupid fucking things like this? how do you deal with it?
>>
We had a tree in our backyard that had this great overhang over our deck

It was great, it provided shade and shrouded the surrounding view. Kept us kind of hidden from the neighbors and vice-versa. The neighborhood hired some fucks to cut down basically half of it for us without even asking us.

I felt the same way for a long time after that. It still isn't the same out there. Fucking hate normalfags and their lack of hesitancy when it comes to destroying trees for no reason. There are only a few things that piss me off as much. Now I'm acutely aware of damaged trees, I scan for them almost. Yup, that one's been pruned and has been irreparably damaged, that one's been topped and is going to grow out shitty branch with weak ass leaves out of desperation for sunlight soon, yup. Mutilated bodies everywhere, but nobody cares because they aren't human.

It emulates the lack of concern that we have for mutilating each other for the sake of simple convenience nonetheless.
>>
File: 1464217330405.png (201 KB, 322x395) Image search: [Google]
1464217330405.png
201 KB, 322x395
>>28895581
>Grew up on a military base that was originally just empty farm land
>>Became a forest over time
>Have pictures of my backyard that was just a field now overfilled with silver trees

At least feel good knowing trees are growing somewhere else anon.
>>
File: 3e9.png (698 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
3e9.png
698 KB, 600x640
>never had a backyard
City life just epic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMCGzqgnbJ4

Yeah I do. I couldn't say shit about it because I'm not the one paying the bills, and I know he doesn't give a shit about the pleasant shade they provide or how nice they are to look at or the pretty fauna they attract.
I think that's part of why the suburbs are as disgusting as they are, there's no trees, like rural areas, and there's no significant architecture, like cities. I can't wait to get the fuck out of here.
>>
Yes mom got one of those electricity smart meters.
>>
>>28895581
to all my tree loving friends,
how long would it take for me to reforest half an acre of land? and i dont mean just planting them, i want to know how much id have to wait until the trees are fully matured.
>>
Why do dads do things like this? Its like he sees you happy and he gets jealous of it cus he didnt get to happy so you can't either.
>>
>>28895654
why did the neighbourhood cut down the tree without permission? sounds like a strange thing to do
>>
>>28895787
almost like circumsicion :`^(
>>
>>28895753
10+ years.

You'll be an entirely different person by then
>>
>>28895753
75-100 years minimum senpai.

>>28895799
>he doesn't know about Homeowner Associations
>>
>>28895958
Pretty much this.
They just do shit without asking you all day erryday.
It's almost like it's not your property.
>>
>>28895753
I don't know about half an acre, but if you're desperate I'm willing to bet you could transplant fully grown trees. Would probably be expensive, though. Not even sure it's a thing but it seems feasible enough.
>>
>>28895581
Tell him he's going to spend more energy on cooling without the trees to shade the house than he'd generate by removing them. Assuming you don't live some place cold, but if you do then why the hell do you have solar panels.
>>
>>28896006
If you have Homeowner's Association, you're pretty much cucked.
>>
>>28896108
Normally I don't understand the cuck meme, but in this case, yeah. You're pretty much spot on.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.