[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do for a living? Can you live comfortably and independently?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14
File: zKTCRKM.jpg (337 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
zKTCRKM.jpg
337 KB, 1280x1280
What do you do for a living? Can you live comfortably and independently? How hard was it to get with training, certifications, education, etc.?
>>
>>28879374

Retail management.

Yes.

Extremely easy. Putting in any kind of effort as a low level employee is so incredibly rare these days that you will be immediately recognized and shot up the ladder. I was hired for my first job as a cashier at a gas station. Two years later I was assistant manager. One year after that, I used my assistant manager title to apply for general manager jobs elsewhere and got one rather quickly.

It's also a excellent way to de-robot yourself, or at least learn how to pretend that you have. I was incredibly, cringefully awkward for years but eventually you're forced to interact with people enough that you learn to fake it. Today I'm social and outgoing at work and nobody would suspect that I have no friends and spend my free time alone at home in front of the pc.
>>
File: 1390054902322.png (477 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1390054902322.png
477 KB, 768x768
>>28879564
>retail
I might kms or someone else tbhee. Also, going up the ladder isn't always an option if they want to keep you as a bitchboi or you don't "look" like management material or someone else is closer to the higher ups socially.
>>
I carry a few hundred plasterboards into a house and up the stairs about 120 days a year, the other 120 working days I place said plasterboards onto my head and fix them to ceilings or fix them to walls. I get paid per square meter with an additional 20 pence per meter for the labour of carrying, it works out to 5.10 GBP per full board approximately. My training was minimal I spent 3 years only carrying boards then I took 9 months to learn the fixing side of things, my qualifications to allow me to work was simple it is a basic health and safety test to stop people who are mentally retarded or do not know English. My wages are around 30k GBP per year I stay at home with my mother and my younger brother to save up for my house, my existence costs me 15 GBP a day the rest is for savings and investment to build passive income. I left formal education at 14 and was a NEET for 5 years, now I am 24 years of age.
>>
>>28879374
>What do you do for a living?
I am a machinist, helper in a factory.
>How hard was it to get?
Just got there and worked, basically.
>Can you live comfortably and independently?
No, my grandpa happily pays everything for me, so I can save my money to make myself a nest egg.
>>
brofessional cleavage nspector
>>
>>28879919
How much do you save monthly? Wish I could do that so I don't have to waste money on rent
>>
I'm a java programmer

I live pretty comfortable and save about 30% of my monthly income
>>
Arborist

yea pretty much

well if your afraid of hard work and working in the pouring rain its not a job for you
>>
>>28879942
304 dollars, which is my salary.
Maybe I should tell you: I am brazilian, prices are lower here, but salaries are even lower, making it a harder place to live. I'd need 600 dollars to live on my own (renting, water, electricity, internet...) without worrying, but without bigger expenses, like eating sushi or in an Outback, as well.
Our minimum monthly wage is 250 dollars.
>>
Camming.
Yeah, the pay is amazing.
No need for any of that, just gotta be decente looking.
>>
I manage a transportation logistics company. I primarily earn commission, which is great except for when it's not. The industry is in a bit of a depression right now, so there isn't a whole lot I can do to boost my income. Regardless, as a college student still living at home, I make more than enough to do what I want. I didn't have to get any certificates. I also work for friends and frequently take long vacations overseas on school breaks.
>>
File: 2GsOgp6.jpg (80 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
2GsOgp6.jpg
80 KB, 625x626
>>28880175
nice try m8
originalo
>>
>>28879374
Working in the oil and gas industry, just received my monthly paycheck of 5.5k hehehe suck it NEETS fags.
>>
>>28880689
forgot to add. im only 22 yrs old :D
>>
>>28880689
>>28880712

My girlfriend got a meme advertising degree and is earning $70k. She just turned 23.

Do you need a degree to work in that industry? If I broke up with my girlfriend, I wouldn't mind doing some shit like that to help pay down my student debts.
>>
I'm another retail fag. Assistant manager, was offered a store manager position but I hate it so much that I turned it down. I want to leave so bad but I'm afraid of quitting.
>>
>>28879374
Translator.

Depends on the clients and my own non-robotiness. I calculated that by working 9 months a year (but every day), I can do about 24K a year. Which is far above average pay over here.
>>
>>28879967
I'm one too, it's a good life
>>
>>28880175
where do I go for this?
>>
>>28879967
>>28880934
yeah except not having friends or a girlfriend or anything
>>
>>28880767
What advertising bullshit is she doing?

I was gonna say she probably got it because of her looks but she's dating an r9ker so she has to be pretty ugly
>>
>>28879374
Eighth-grade ELA teacher.

I live quite comfortably on my salary. It helps that I'm unmarried and don't have kids. You don't have to make a ton as a single guy to live well.

Training was kind of a bitch. The worst part about getting my degree was having to do loads of hours of observations and, of course, student teaching. The coursework was a breeze, though.
>>
>>28880767
>it's another "not only is everyone on r9k young and making a ton of money, but their girlfriends do even with "meme degrees"" thread
>>
>>28881801
Keep thinking that
>>
I'm a waitress, I make like 400 dollars a night and work three nights a week so that is pretty swell.

I guess I could live comfortably on that especially if I worked a full 40 hours a week.

It's pretty easy to get with zero experience.
>>
French military

>Can you live comfortably and independently
The military pays for almost everything so my wage is pretty much pocket money.

>How hard was it to get with training, certifications, education, etc.?
Training wasn't that hard though I guess it's not for everybody. The hardest part was to get a masters degree to get a good contract in the military.
>>
File: 1450886399758.jpg (167 KB, 673x486) Image search: [Google]
1450886399758.jpg
167 KB, 673x486
>>28879374
BIG BOOBIES IN MY FACE MAKES CUMMIES.
>>
File: 1448117060383.png (492 KB, 1000x488) Image search: [Google]
1448117060383.png
492 KB, 1000x488
>>28881940
But I'm a guy, and I'm sure that makes people have less sympathy for me or they don't want to bang me, so less tips. Did you ever try stuffing your bra to see if it gets you more money? I heard it works.
>>
What do you do for a living?
Engineer for highway construction.
Hard to get into?
Yes, you need to know someone to get with the company I'm with, once people get a job it's usually fo lyfe.
The reason is prevailing wage, 51$ an hour.
And you only work from March to thanksgiving then sit at home all Winter and collect fat unemployment checks
>>
>>28881940
>$400 a night for a zero skill job
>works less than 40hrs per week

why do I always hear waiters/waitresses bitching about their jobs and pay and bad tippers if the job is this good? Are they just being entitled cunts?
>>
>>28879374
Product management for an IT company.
I can easily and comfortably make a normalfag living, and if I had Facebook or Instagram I could litter it with normalfag photos of mid-range restaurants, economy class flights and cheap hotel rooms, to seem like I am somebody.
I spent 5 years in engineering school studying 60 hours per week, it wasn't necessarily hard but I had to put in a lot of time.
>>
Software dev, $70k / year. Money isn't a problem. Crippling depression is.

I have a 2 year technical diploma and a 4 year CompSci degree.

Of my classes, about 4-5 were actually difficult.
>>
>>28879937

underage ban please
>>
I work in a bakery where I produce pastries.
No, I receive about 5.5 euro an hour which means I'd have to work atleast 60hours a week to maintain my own apartment. So I still live at home, trying to get into college.
>How hard was it to get with training, certifications, education, etc.
It is minimum wageslavery that not many people want to do due to the boring nature of the work, so it was very easy to get into.
>>
>>28879374
Work in a hospital lab. I analyze patient samples for potentiel pathogens.
I live very comfortably on my own in an apartment close to my job, so dont need a car.
its a 3,5 year education, but you can get through pretty easily, and jobs pretty much falls on you after you get your diploma
>>
I manage a pizza place. I make $590 a week. It's enough to live comfortably on, but my standards for comfort are pretty low.
It didn't take any special training or anything, I just started out at minimum wage and worked my ass off for a couple years.
>>
File: stf155_sliver.jpg (116 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
stf155_sliver.jpg
116 KB, 620x451
Watching this thread with slivers of hope. I've been a NEET for years and think about suicide or selling boipussy everyday.
>>
File: 1-cisco-ios.jpg (36 KB, 671x426) Image search: [Google]
1-cisco-ios.jpg
36 KB, 671x426
>>28879374
I work in IT for a local city doing network administration, desktop support, and system administration.
That's a tough question. The short answer is "no." I'm not single and my partner doesn't make a whole lot of money (student debt). I make $44K a year, which is ridiculously for the area and state that I live in. If I were single I could probably live comfortably on that amount of money. It would take me 10 years to meet the max payout for my position, which is $56K. It's a pretty shitty setup to be honest.
> How hard was it to get with training, certifications, education, etc.?
The IT field can be tough to get into because if don't have experience. Experience is always greater than education in this field. Even if you have a college degree (which I do) you won't be making good money until you have a lot of experience. This is the case for most people in the field but not all.
>>
unemployed with a masters in mycology

i dont even know why i picked it tbf, let alone go back to finish my masters. considering growing drugs
>>
>>28881857
Do you get a lot of satisfaction from your job? What kind of traits/what kind of person do you need to be for the job? What kind of person should NOT have this job?
>>
sauce_on_Op_photo?_Those_tits_are_glorious
>>
>>28882473
How much do you work? 9-5, 5 days a week?
Stressful?

Is there any way to work less than the 9-5 hassle, and still have a CS/programming related job?
>>
>>28882776
http://i.imgur.com/zKTCRKM.jpg
>>
I don't rly work but I've recently started doing PA work on tv shows and stuff.

It pays pretty good I make like $150 a day that I work. It's just like 12 hour days. But I also get meals, and it's not very hard.

So I can live off that pretty easily, it just means working long days for part of the month and then relaxing for part of the month.

I don't know how hard it was to get into. I used to work at an ad agency for a few years as a bottom of the totem pole wage slave but I got some experience working on shoots and stuff. Then I just asked around if anyone had sets I could work on, got some work, met some directors and assistant directors, and now here we are. I met a guy who was an extra one day, he started helping out, and they asked him the next day if he wanted to be a PA for that shoot. So I think it's pretty easy.
>>
>>28882762
>Do you get a lot of satisfaction from your job?
Somewhat. I'm not one of these idealistic teachers who feels like he's changing the world. I enjoy being in front of a classroom and teaching, but when you teach middle school it's more about managing a classroom than sharing your knowledge, to be honest. That was a bit of a disappointing revelation, but building relationships with students does make the job fairly rewarding nevertheless.
>What kind of traits/what kind of person do you need to be for the job?
You need to be even-keeled enough that typical middle-school fuckery doesn't drive you crazy. You also need to be able to relate to your kids on some level, while also being enough of a disciplinarian so they won't try to take advantage of you.
>What kind of person should NOT have this job?
People who hate kids.
>>
>>28882603
Same here NEETbro. I desperately want to escape this hellish existence.
>>
10 euroes an hour plus free livingdo about 45 hours a week
>>
File: 1464409781274.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464409781274.png
1 MB, 1280x720
There's a bro that posts wastewater threads, he seems pretty happy and successful. Also, it was the top answer in a reddit thread today about decent paying jobs that aren't hard to get into, but the pay varied widely, from 40-100,000. I'll still try to call the local shitwater plants after the weekend. NEETlife is comfy but depressing.
>>
printer, but currently NEET due to economical changes
Yep
>How hard was it to get with training, certifications, education, etc.?
Apprenticeship of 4 years, but could be done in 3, it's not that hard
>>
File: uberpay.png (29 KB, 1181x517) Image search: [Google]
uberpay.png
29 KB, 1181x517
>>28879374

I drive for Uber. This was my last week's paycheck.

I literally just happened to have a car. They barely check to make sure you're legal to drive.
>>
>>28879374
I want to live in that cleavage, please
>>
File: 1460924217272.png (44 KB, 658x662) Image search: [Google]
1460924217272.png
44 KB, 658x662
>>28879739
>look at managers at retail job
>theres about 6 of them
>literally every single one of them is at least 6'2" and well built
>tfw realizing I literally won't even be considered because I'm 5'11" and not well built
>>
>>28879374
>What do you do?
Nothing
No and no
> How hard was it to get with training, certifications, education, etc.?
What? It was normal. I just have no job and can't find one, i don't know what i want to do and i am 26.
>>
Internet tech support
Independently? Probably. Comfortably? Questionable

By the way whose titties are those
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
44 KB, 300x300
>>28885133
Milena Velba. Niggas need to get gud at Google.
>>
>>28880494

I just got into transportation and logistics, 6 months in. So far it feels great having a normal job after overnight shelfstocking.

Can you give me some tips ? What skills can help me out ?
>>
File: 1464324074341.jpg (157 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
1464324074341.jpg
157 KB, 500x596
>>28884900
I'd do it but my car is old as fuck and I might end up shanking/shooting someone if they tried to pull some taco bell ceo bullshit or whatever the fuck
>>
i think i know the chick in the op
will deliver a vid she sent me lmao
>>
>>28885275
Really? It doesn't look like her
>>
Tourism and translation on the side, pay is alright and it's mostly comfy.
>>
File: wtf am i reading quaddafi.jpg (128 KB, 456x337) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading quaddafi.jpg
128 KB, 456x337
>>28885473
>taco bell ceo bullshit
>>
>>28885836
some taco bell official or whatever assaulted his uber driver after the driver got tired of his drunken belligerence.
>>
Web developer and graphic designer
Yes zero albeit sometimes wish I made more money
Moderately difficult, bachelor's degree
>>
>>28881801
Even better. Fucken normies
>>
>>28885883
oh, that.

I have done 5,500 rides and I have had very few incidents where a passenger got angry. I dealt with them all without issue.

The worst thing that ever happened to me was one guy ordered a shared ride (you can only bring 2 passengers) and he brought 3. He wouldn't cancel the ride or get out of the car and I get to get pretty aggressive with him to get them out, and he punched my car as I was leaving, but it only cleaned the dirt off the spot he puncehed.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.