[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't we had any comfy Silent Hill autism threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11
File: whereyouatnigga.jpg (556 KB, 656x1212) Image search: [Google]
whereyouatnigga.jpg
556 KB, 656x1212
Why haven't we had any comfy Silent Hill autism threads lately? Not the usual OP so I don't have the usual OP post and links to download the games, but can we have a Silent Hill lore thread?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLunpxbXZGHBdSsHndJst1s0FXfW6vYOy-
>>
You missed it by two days m8.
>>
>>28871086
;-; I just want to talk about Silent Hill and sperg out with my robot brethren.
>>
File: 1458514968324.gif (281 KB, 1469x535) Image search: [Google]
1458514968324.gif
281 KB, 1469x535
Hey man it's me, LF. I didn't expect my threads to catch on like they did, honestly. But I'm glad to see other people find it comfy like me. Currently working on episode 5. I've been awake a very long time but I need to finish this episode tonight.

Here are some download links, email me at [email protected] if you need technical help.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like PowerIso to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)

Pic related are emulator settings
>>
>>28871111
I'll talk about it with you, m8. I'm not Lying Figure, but my SH2 autism is at least in the 80th percentile
>>
File: Angela Face.png (259 KB, 618x630) Image search: [Google]
Angela Face.png
259 KB, 618x630
>>28871111
Nice quads

By the way, I just want to say my videos are not monetized. A couple have ads because Konami autodetected their cutscenes and added them, nothing I can do about it. Please use adblock so as to not give them money.
>>
File: 1463505365214.jpg (37 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
1463505365214.jpg
37 KB, 615x409
>>28871153
hey maen nice videos, quite comfy indeed. i'm on episode 12 of the sh2 lore play. keep up the good work
>>
File: James Gets A Shotgun.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
James Gets A Shotgun.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>28871275
Thank you very, very much, I always appreciate the kind words!
If you have any interest in playing the games yourself, make sure to at least save these links.
>>
>>28871305
Oh shit it's LF
Your autism has inspired me to create senpai, I used to try my hand at Sims 1 modding back when I was younger. I found a copy of the game and now I want to make a maid/servo that looks like a Bobblehead nurse, or maybe even one that looks like Mary. What do you think?
>>
>>28871153
LF, why is Angela the seductress? Always found that as one of the most disturbing aspects of the game tbqh.
>>
File: Nurse Model.png (872 KB, 1351x718) Image search: [Google]
Nurse Model.png
872 KB, 1351x718
>>28871397
Kek, my autism. I like that term.
I think that's a good idea. Bubblehead Nurse might be really tough since they have so many tiny details, and different ones have different faces, and there's an Otherworld version too. But if you want a good basis for the Bubble Head Nurse, here's a close up render of the average model. Unfortunately I don't have one yet for Mary, but she might be a bit easier to do since she's not as full of details, more of a normal human. I say go for it, and I'd love to see the end result if you do get around to it and want to share!
>>
File: 1464295090979.jpg (219 KB, 1242x950) Image search: [Google]
1464295090979.jpg
219 KB, 1242x950
>>28871305
seems like too much of a hassle, to be sincere. i'd rather watch playthroughs like your's. i'm too lazy to play the game but i love the lore, which makes your style perfect.
>>
>>28871467
dam niga is that what the mouth really looks like
>>
>>28871153
End my life meme man
>>
File: Toluca Prison.png (89 KB, 259x226) Image search: [Google]
Toluca Prison.png
89 KB, 259x226
>>28871456
Well, two reasons:
1. the Book of Lost Memories briefly touches on it and states that she was made an unwilling seductress. However, the true nature of the "seduction" is revealed by the fact you find it in the prison shower- what do you think of when the words "prison shower" enter your mind? Rape of course. This is a detail I forgot to mention in my lore-play, as I actually just noticed it recently while rereading the Book of Lost Memories and
2. The three plates actually also have a different meaning besides symbolizing the three main characters- They all symbolize James. He is the Gluttonous Pig due to his sexual frustration and powerful desires/needs, The Oppressor because of what he has done to Mary, and the Seductress represents the part of James that projected onto Silent Hill creating Maria, the seductress. Being that she is a part of James's mind really, the seductress is representative of her.

I found it odd, too, until I saw the whole "unwilling seductress" part and that makes it click a bit more.
>>28871473
Fair enough, that's a perfectly fine way to be. Lots of people don't like the gameplay of these games, and that's fine.
>>
>>28871558
The gameplay in the first is abysmal tbqh familia. Any plans to touch on Shattered Memories?
>>
File: Brookhaven Battery Wall.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven Battery Wall.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>28871489
On some models, on many it just appears to be blank with no mouth. It is intentionally done as an odd rectangle instead of an actually textured/polygonal mouth on the model, which is that the devs just think that's really scary for some reason. It's meant to be a picture mimicking human beings, just like all the pictures in SH3 of big smiling mouths everywhere.
>>
File: Labyrinth Ladders.png (603 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinth Ladders.png
603 KB, 1280x720
>>28871594
I disagree, I've been playing it lately and really enjoying. Somewhat difficult in a few parts, but not abysmal. The combat was intentionally designed to feel clunky and odd, as the developers wanted you to project yourself onto Harry as just a normal guy, and just a normal guy wouldn't have much experience with fighting utilizing all these weapons.

Although it is heavily improved in SH2 and SH3, I agree.

Also yes, I plan to play it at some point, probably after I play 3 since then 1/3 is fresh in the mind. I won't be doing a lore-play though as I would just be restating most of the SH1 lore-play, I will just give it a normal playthrough and point out the bigger callbacks/pieces of lore along the way. I'll still have notes to make sure I don't miss anything but I'm not going to spend hours researching the lore when it's mostly the same as SH1 and all explained very straightforwardly in the game really.
>>
>>28871656
I don't know anon, I always felt like that the Silent Hill games were great experiences but kind of mediocre games. Compare the pacing and level design of the first RE game to the first SH game if you don't know what I mean.
>>
File: Labyrinth Francis Bacon Room.png (329 KB, 604x395) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinth Francis Bacon Room.png
329 KB, 604x395
>>28871713
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Silent Hill 1 actually allows you to move while shooting, a feature RE did not have for a very long time. The pacing of SH1, SH2, and SH3 are perfect in my eyes, with each big level taking up the same amount of time roughly and following a pattern in terms of where you see what character, and what you are told to do next, and so on. The level design has always been superior in SH in my eyes as well, it's one of my favorite things about the game is how much detail and meaning there is in every single room. RE has memorable rooms and sequences, but there was never much beyond that in terms of depth. I also dislike the strict inventory management in RE. I love survival horror but I'm more in to conserving supplies and playing strategically than the tedious "drop this herb here so I can pick up this key then come back for it later" as it adds very little to the game in terms of survival horror other than making you backtrack.

However I still love the RE franchise very much, I just have a few gripes with it. However, I understand how we view these might be entirely subjective so I don't blame you or think you're wrong for thinking otherwise friend.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.