[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you other neets do all day? This lifestyle is cancer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1459983445559.jpg (54 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
1459983445559.jpg
54 KB, 571x448
What do you other neets do all day?

This lifestyle is cancer. Sleep 2-4 hours a day, play the same games, watch the same shows, eat the same shitty food, drink the same shitty drinks. I don't think of suicide as an if anymore, it's just a matter of when.

What do you neets do to make life worth it? Anything..?
>>
why not to become junkie then? life is over anyway
>>
just find a game u enjoy u nigger

u have unlimited F R E E T I M E and a STRESSFREE lifestyle u fucking downie

just find some shit u enjoy and do a lot of it. anime, vidya, whatever. something u can go full autism on. and just live in a fantasy land

and suicide is stupid because in like 15 years we will have full robot artificial inteligence and the whole world is going to change so dramatically, and there is a very real chance that robots will kill all humans

so just chill the fuck out, enjoy your stress free life, do psychedelics to cure depression google that shit u nigger, and just wait for the roboapocalypse
>>
File: 1443735421385.gif (1 MB, 368x392) Image search: [Google]
1443735421385.gif
1 MB, 368x392
I play games, watch anime, do some programming.
>>
>>28861910
Junkie? You're implying I have money to do that

>>28861918
I have ~300 games in my steam library, probably ~20,000+ hours logged. Games aren't fun they're the only thing that makes time go by.

>Freetime
>stressfree

I've got medical problems through the roof and crippling debt. There's rare moments that are stress free and it usually involves getting blackout drunk.

And psychedelics made my life substantially worse... promoting the idea that they actually make it better is beyond autistic.
>>
Same shows?

Not looking forward to any games in the future?

There's always something worth consuming. Binge anime. Binge movies and western shows. Play long rpgs. Go for max rank in a multiplayer game. All that shit takes days. And theres a lot to go through.
>>
>>28862057
Yea, same shows. Can't afford cable and just leech off netflix.. Usually watch futurama, family guy, american dad, orange is new black, breaking bad, house of cards, bates motel, always sunny, 70s show, louie, drugs inc, the office, I can keep going. And all the shows I listed I've probably watched every episode of every season 5+ times, some more than others.

Only game I'm looking forward too is civ 6. Doom and ds3 were the only games I was hyped for and both were disappointing in the replayability.

I've played skyrim, oblivion, morrowind, ds1-3, fallout 2-4, all the dragon ages, bioshock (more an fps but still similar), runescape (all 99s, sold account for $300, started another one months ago and quit after the shitty updates), etc...

Only multiplayer game I liked was csgo and at supreme it's cancer.

Not into anime.

Any show/game recommendations aside from what I said?
>>
>>28862208
Watch the MCU shows. Thats what I'm on now. I'm still going through DS3 for covenant rewards and a platinum trophy.

I still recommend anime and JRPGs. I'm looking forward to persona 5, final fantasy 15, and kingdom hearts 3. Plus E3 is happening soon. I'll find something to look forward to from that.

I also watch lets plays.

It sounds like you're somewhat limited, and I'm somewhat open. Sorry if I'm not as helpful as I tried to be.
>>
File: 1461621522432.jpg (188 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1461621522432.jpg
188 KB, 1080x1920
I studied programming, since there's unlimited free resources out there for self development.

However, tons of neets claim to be able to "program", when in reality all they've done is a few pathetic scripting language tutorials and called it a day so that they can brag about it.

I took it a step further and started studying the full development stack

>systems analytics
>UML diagrams and planning
>Relational database design and implementation
>Actual programming languages, not kiddie shit
>Object oriented concepts, good programming practices
>Design patterns, everything from Observer to MVC
>Version control systems, command line Git, TFS, etc.
>Built a few full N-tier architecture systems for practice

And so on. Along the way I used what I had been learning to do some odd jobs for people (local church wanted a new site, some couple getting married wanted a wedding web page, etc.) and used the money to buy myself some more detailed technical manuals.

Now I work as an independent contractor for a larger company.

>Make my own hours
>Income is untaxed
>Can and have quit whenever I wanted, can go back or to another company whenever I want
>Still living the NEET lifestyle while also finding fulfilment in life through solving peoples problems and building shit with my hard earned skills

Feels good man.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.