[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How different are Japanese hikikomori when compared to Western
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: hiki2.jpg (247 KB, 1085x768) Image search: [Google]
hiki2.jpg
247 KB, 1085x768
How different are Japanese hikikomori when compared to Western NEETs anyway?
>>
>>28859920
hikikomori have potential but japanese girls are whores for the bwc, western neets don't have potential
>>
>>28859920
Hikikomori tend to retreat inside of their rooms out of a sense of deep shame to inflict their person on anyone else. Also general social anxiety.

Western NEETs have more sadness / apathy, or sometimes hatred against the outside world afaik.
>>
The NEET life is not defined by boredom, but by an ever-encroaching sense of anxiety that you can't get rid of. The feeling that you SHOULD be doing something, but aren't. And the longer it lasts, the worse it gets. If you already have depression, its going to get worse. If you have hallucinations, then be prepared for them to intensify. You can drown yourself in anime, vidya, shitposting, and whatever else you can find, but eventually escapism will start to lose its luster and you will find yourself right back to where you started. You'll develop chronic conditions and mental illnesses from isolating yourself and sitting on your ass all day. Be prepared for that.
>>
>>28860934
God dammit. It's happening and I know it's happening. I suppose from that standpoint I'm prepared for it, but it's still not what I wanted my life to become.
>>
>>28859920
I feel you're better off comparing hikikomori's with shut ins. NEETs don't have to sit in their room all day or neglect all social contact.
>>
>>28861242
>NEETs don't have to sit in their room all day or neglect all social contact.
Aside from spoiled rich kids, the large majority of NEETs do, though.
>>
>>28861278
I don't think you realize how many young NEETs there really are in the world
>>
>>28861551
There are a LOT of NEETs if you count people who are temporarily unemployed but otherwise normal. The ever-decreasing labor force participation rate shows that clearly.

But I think the point of this thread and what people here mean when they refer to NEETs are long-term NEETs, and I really think most long-term NEETs are such because of mental/social issues, and such people also tend to be shut-ins.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.