[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /lost or losing their best friend/ here? We barely contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: fall-of-rome_2184860b.jpg (67 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
fall-of-rome_2184860b.jpg
67 KB, 620x388
Who else /lost or losing their best friend/ here? We barely contact each other anymore. I'm just going through our texts and noticing they're a month or two apart. What the hell happened?

Getting older in your 20s sucks. I expected friends to drift away but not so much my best friend.

If you're still young and have a best friend, make sure you keep that relationship intact. Don't lose touch and drift apart.
>>
>>28830784

eh, all things come to an end. better to let it end gracefully and naturally than drag it on in a strange, forced way.
>>
>>28830810
Yeah it just sucks because we've known each other since we were 6. We're both 24 now. Everything felt so much better when we were kids or in our teens. Even early adulthood.

Mid 20s, it just seemed to die.
>>
I flat out ghosted my former best friend. He was a normie, a stupid filthy normie who I thought was just like me. He is going to live a somewhat normal life, he is fucking ugly but he makes up by being very social, I was really his only "best friend" he knew a lot of dudes who can do him favors and all, but I was the one he talked to about his problems and all.

I did it because friendships are too draining, even after a text message to him I feel like I need to recover for a day or two. Seeing him in person also did this, I also have no job/car or anything and him and his friends are all getting those. It's bad because we are all the slow ones and now they are getting their shit together. I do plan on an heroing soon, so I guess it wont matter to him in the long run. Still writing my note out too him.

I feel so pathetic, I can't even find the courage to keep a friend
>>
I fear I'm on the verge of losing my best friend.

We've known each other since high school, and even though we lived in different states, we were able to keep in touch playing vidya.

After he finished college, he got a job, and then eventually he got a girlfriend. I dropped out of college and have never touched a girl.

His girlfriend is nice, and according to him she has huge tits and a tight body, but she definitely tries to interrupt our time together.

They got married last month, and I've barely heard from him this year. Since Overwatch came out I've been seeing a lot more of him, but I'm sure that'll fade when the hype dies down.

Soon they'll start having kids, and I'm sure that when the first kid is born that'll be the final nail in the coffin of our friendship.

I know it's greedy of me to be upset over this, because he's living a real life and I'm not, but it still bugs me.
>>
>>28830784
My only friend still in town wouldn't respond to my texts, so I stopped by his house and left a note on his door.
He never responded.
A year later I stopped by again and caught him at home, but he just laid on the couch with the lights off like he had a hangover or something so I suggested we hang out sometime, told him that I didn't want us to drift apart and left.
That was two years ago.

Now I just avoid everyone because I don't want them to ask me what I've been up to.
Not that any of them have ever tried to contact me anyway.
>>
>>28830887
OP here, I know that feel too. I'm not the most social person compared to my best friend either. Don't an hero anon. I get suicidal thoughts too but you can learn how to ignore them or stop thinking them completely. It took me a good amount of practice but I was able to do it.

>>28830938
Similar kind of situation with me. He's been going out with this girl for 3 years. They plan on getting a house and I'm sure an engagement isn't too far off. Once they're finally settled it's basically a nail in the coffin for me too.
>>
>>28831003
Damn that just sounds terrible. Someone purposely ignoring you like that definitely hurts.
>>
>>28831011
Just wait until they start getting ready for marriage.

Even with a marriage planner, you'll never see the guy they'll be so busy.
>>
>>28831011
Thanks but an heroing is really the best option for me, can't work without very severe thoughts of lashing out, no desire to make friend and as it is my hobbies are bleak, When I work my hobbies don't see the light of day. A whole lot of other shit too, sure you've heard it all before but it's not important. I am an heroing regardless.

I wish i could find it in me to message him now but I know I will only ditch him again for months and months, even years. I don't want to play with his emotions like that. I am sure I have some sort of mental illness, it's not right what i'm doing and I can't stop myself. I want to do what I know what will help me but I go and ruin it weeks after I reached out. The cycle has to end somewhere, that's why i'm killing myself
>>
>>28831306
Don't give up anon. Sounds like work causes you a lot of stress. Can you try getting a new job somewhere?

You can try getting help somewhere too. It took me about 8 years before I decided to get professional help. I wished I had done so a lot sooner. Getting professional help didn't make me feel 100% better but it was definitely a learning experience and I learned how to better manage my thoughts. Check for some clinics or community centers in your area.

Thinking about the effects of suicide would have on people I cared about is one of the main reasons why I don't do it. It really is a selfish act.
>>
I lost my best friend when I was around 16 years old. We knew each other since we were 7. We could talk about anything, jokes were always had, I was there for him when he was coming out, and yet he abandoned me for the cooler crowd.

I also had another very good friend at the same time who also left me shortly after. He kept lying to me and making excuses.

They were the only two people I ever felt connected to and now years later every one is an acquaintance
>>
Anyone else /losing 'em/?
>>
>>28830784
I lost my first friend in middle school. T'was pretty weird.
>been friends since 1st grade
>ride the same bus
>join band together with other friend in 5th
>we're like the three muskytears
>have a fun day on the last day of 8th grade
>I have a broken arm
>we're playing dodgeball/hide&seek with some friends of friends in the gym
>one guy chases me very aggressively, like he's gonna throw as hard as he can.
>I freak and squall time-out cause I'm afraid he's gonna hurt my arm.
>he agrees to tone-it-down and we resume
>as the game ends I can't find my bestie and aggro-guy
>see them walking together in the lobby
>call out but they don't answer
>end of the day so we grab our stuff and hop on the bus
>sit next to friend and ask where he disappeared to
>he doesn't answer
>ask if he's mad at me
>no answer
>tell him I'm sorry for whatever I did and I'll listen whenever he gets ready to talk
>no answer
>ride home in silence
>9th grade starts and he continues to ignore me
>his younger brother joins band and becomes my friend independently
>bestie never did reconcile
>only communicates when necessary
>always felt too awkward to ask his brother if he knew anything about it
>later his other younger brother joined band and became my friend
>13 years later still don't know why he gave me the cold shoulder
I thought only women could hold grudges like that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.