[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it feel like being in a relationship? Be as detailed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: 1459362207242.png (530 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1459362207242.png
530 KB, 800x900
What does it feel like being in a relationship? Be as detailed as possible. Since there are plenty of normalfags here make yourself useful and help me out.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1080x808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1080x808
>>28813746
There are good relationships and there are bad ones.

Good ones:
>You can't stop thinking about them
>You daydream your future together
>You love going out and holding hands with them
>Even just laying around on the couch together not saying a word is enjoyable because it's doing something together
>You get to share holidays (even number year Christmas is at my house with my family and dessert at his, odd number years it switches)
>Looking back on old photos together and seeing how much they got older

Then there are bad relationships:
>Feel like you're trapped in jail
>You cringe when you kiss them
>Arguing is easily done
>You hate thinking about them
>You just want it to end but don't know how
>>
Aside from the regular fucking and other gay shit, your partner's problem is your problem too.

She can't pass her Trigo subject, your problem.
She can't get over her fear of masturbating during the day, your problem.
etc
>>
>>28813746
Good relationships usually turn into bad relationships with enough time. You get tired of having to account for another person all the time and want to be able to chill out and do your own thing
>>
When you are really truly in love with the person you're with?

It's the greatest thing.
It feels like walking on air.
Literally being apart from them is painful.
Sleeping apart is so uncomfortable and weird.

And my feelings for her fading away might be literally the worst, most painful, heart wrenching thing I've ever felt.
>>
>>28813746
One day ill finally get to see her panties close up
>>
>doesn't pull her skirt down when I click on the image

Fucking worthless slut taking yet another chunk of joy out of my worthless day
>>
>>28813848
>You can't stop thinking about them
>You daydream your future together
>You love going out and holding hands with them
>Even just laying around on the couch together not saying a word is enjoyable because it's doing something together
>You get to share holidays (even number year Christmas is at my house with my family and dessert at his, odd number years it switches)

Wheres the part where it falls apart even while married, ect, and you slowly grow to inwardly resent one another as the years add on and only really stick together out of a sense of comfort and obligations (kids, ect) after a certain point?
>>
>>28813848
Those good ones are a sign of obsession, which is bad. Co-dependency is very unhealthy.
>>
>>28815215
True, a lot of relationships have a honeymoon period after which it falls flat. The first cycle is 6 months. The second cycle is 6 years.

Source: my ass.
>>
>>28815267
How is Co-dependency bad?
Humans are social creatures, we desire being with others and depending on them and being depended upon.
>>
File: yeah_ok.jpg (118 KB, 745x743) Image search: [Google]
yeah_ok.jpg
118 KB, 745x743
>>28813746
Make a decision that will mostly affect you.

Now imagine someone else coming in and demanding you take their comfort into account for this decision.

Basically...
>>
>>28813746
It's stressful constantly worrying about the other person.
But after a while of thinking that way it becomes second nature.
It's nice having someone to talk to and not feeling the crippling loneliness.
But if you're in a relationship where you dont feel comfortable communicating with the other person either get out or kill yourself
>>
>>28815419
Not that anon, but, co-dependency is literally classified as a dysfunctional relationship type.

The reason co-dependency is bad is because it makes you become compulsive to your partner's feelings and needs, and you both usually wind up deteriorating without even realizing it by supporting unhealthy habits and limiting communication out of a fear of shutting down one another. Your mood and behaviors become a completely reflection of your partners for better and worse, you will be constantly tangled in your relationship, and you'll never really have healthy relationship at the end of it.

Plus this anon >>28816002
>>
>>28813746
First few weeks to a month seem great. They aren't really, but your brain is fucked up at this point so it seems like it.

You give up your hobbies, your free time, your sleep, your friends, your money, your work, etc in order to spend all of those resources on the girl. Every single problem she has, becomes your problem. Every problem you have, stays yours, but you sort of cope with it because that's what men are expected to do. And trust me, having been with 5 women in my life, they have a lot of problems. Computer problems, emotional imbalance issues with friends, family, dog, work, etc each happen every single day.

At some point, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, you start to figure out that she's the only one winning in the relationship. Your mutual money really goes to her. Your time, to her. She's *always* the one who needs help with whatever, still on a daily basis. And even sex is something you work your ass off for, while she just lays still, passing off the occasional moan or a stroke of hand, while later again letting you know how great that sex was, and how she told you she was good in bed (yes, *every* woman thinks they're good in bed, because they know how to lie still and let the guy do all the work). So you do all the work, she reaps all the benefits.

There's two ways it ends. Either she dumps you before you even truly get to the above. Or you do get to the above, start to lose interest in her, and again she dumps you because she's no longer the sole beneficiary of that relationship. And once, just once, I was with a woman with whom the while thing just died off, and she still figured everything was ok. Neither of us did anything for the other, and she just figured what's the problem?

This, I feel, is the sole reason robots are robots. You expect women to love you, the way you love them. Here's the secret: women don't love the way men do. Women aren't romantic, men are. Women don't work hard for their love, men do.
>>
This image freaks me out every time I see it.
>>
>>28816257
(...cont)
So robots... if you want someone to love you. Someone to be close to you, hug you, and take care of you. Someone to make you feel you're wanted and you matter. Someone to snuggle with you and spoon with you as you go to sleep... If you want all of that, then what you want is a man. Because women don't give that. They're too busy worrying about what they want, to give a flying fuck about what you want.

The one thing separating normie men from robots and random other virgin-like ppl I know IRL, is that normies are ready and willing to go through a fucking insane amount of work and effort, to get to work for a woman, just to get to that pussy, and to get that status boost that comes with not being alone. Robots are not.

Most of you robots probably don't even realize this. You think women just don't want you because of some personal flaws. But look around, you can see some magnificently autistic, ugly ass inbred fucks who still have families. MOST ugly as fuck people have loved ones. And that's precisely because they are literally willing to sacrifice everything about their lives, to get that.
>>
>>28813746
Don't really know but it sounds pretty horrible. Like get up and be controlled by someone who get increasingly sick of you bit by bit everyday until they full on resent you completely and you'd rather die just so you can be alone.
>>
>>28816034
It's funny how recovering addicts are always discouraged from dating anyone in their support group and it's seen as being a weakling trying to escape from your problems and yet this magically doesn't apply to the rest of the population who just swing from person to person like monkeys.
>>
>>28816257
>>28816412
This man speaks the truth.

Personally I've made an insane amount of personal improvement and I get very friendly looks on the street and flirted to by attractive women on a daily basis.

The problem is that I've lost trust in all women and I'm not sure what to do next besides improving myself until I figure out what I should do.
>>
>>28816412
yep can't do it.

can't pretend to want to be a dad

can't pretend to care about birthdays and anniversaries

can't pretend to care about in-laws and relatives
>>
>>28816516
I'm the same. What are your plans for the future?
>>
>>28813746
Only been in one relationship, in early highschool.
She was a cheerleader and I basically worshiped her. I only got to get with her because I was friends with one preppy guy, but only secretly. And I wanted to be accepted by all the preps, so I cut my hair, started lifting weights and bought basically all Abercrombie & Fitch clothes. It surprisingly worked for a while.
>>
>>28816561
I don't really know, I'm just kind of glad my parents are very aware of how miserable all my married relatives are despite the fact that they have more money than most people. At least they don't press me about it.
>>
>>28816257
>And even sex is something you work your ass off for, while she just lays still, passing off the occasional moan or a stroke of hand

I don't know why guys put up with this, sometimes I can't believe people actually fuck this way
>>
Daily reminder to all you normies ITT that "true love" is just your brain's way of getting you to reproduce and stay with the mother so that you will provide for the offspring.
>>
>>28816412
>>28816257
Phenomenal post, anon. Screencapped for future use.
>>
i'm about six months into my relationship, so i'll tell you what it's like to be here now

i'll start with the bad, though. there isn't much:
we just get on each other's nerves a little bit. normally at this point in relationships for me is when this takes a bad turn. my partners in the past have been shitty at communication. but my partner and i just tell each other we're being fucking annoying for xyz and work it out, and it's fine. we really don't fight a lot.

we both do whatever we want as long as it respects the parameters of our relationship. so no fucking other people, no flirting, that kind of shit. i have no impulse to mistrust my partner.

we seem to think about each other a lot, but we don't spend every day together. i haven't seen him in a few weeks because he went to hike. i'll be going to europe in a month so we won't see each other then, either, but we both want each other to do what the other wants while still putting in time for each other. when we're both around, we'll spend 3-4 days together during the week. not even the whole day, but like 5 hours. we do spend nights together sometimes too.
we have sex every time we're together, and it's really nice.

we're close friends and listen to each other always. that's about it.
>>
>>28816893
>i haven't seen him in a few weeks because he went to hike.
>we have sex every time we're together, and it's really nice.
So which of you two gays is the bottom?
>>
>>28816257
This is the truest shit I've ever read.
>>
>>28813746

Its alright I guess.

Peaks and troughs senpai, peaks and troughs.
>>
>>28813746
Honestly, anon, my bf has saved my life. I felt so ostracized before I met him. We both get autismobux, so we're just chillin at home together all day every day. I suffer from chronical depression, and he knows when I'm sad and does everything to brighten my day. He has taught me the chemical benefits of snuggling, so we snuggle a lot, sometimes we just lay down in bed in the middle of the day for a snuggle break. He's honestly the most amazing person I can imagine, and I never want to be with anyone else, ever. I would literally die if he left me, but I think the dependency is mutual.
>>
>>28816257

The working hard for love thing is so fucking true I've literally broken down in tears from emotional fucking exhaustion on two occasions because it's just so much WORK to put up with a woman, they are emotional leeches that need so much from you, I mean if you love them it's almost worth it but fucking hell I wish I'd been warned.
>>
>>28813746
The best metaphor I've read is it's like eating your favourite ice cream... today, tomorrow, the day after that... for months... for every meal.
>>
>>28813975
>And my feelings for her fading away might be literally the worst, most painful, heart wrenching thing I've ever felt.

This feel, this is a feel I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention.

It's souldestroying.
>>
>>28816609

And he didn't even get up to the actual setting up of the sex where you are like a fucking junkie begging for change on the street because she literally controls the sex supply and it'll only happen if SHE wants it to.

You're horny but shes not in the mood? Enjoy your furtive wank on the toilet later that night with an ear cocked so you can hear her approach and stop becuse she'll get mad that you're wanking.

And when she wants it you better want it because it'll be a hysterics session if you don't put out boyo "YOU THINK I'M UGLY/FAT" "WHAT AN I NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE I BET YOU JUST CAN'T GET IT UP I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING" etcetera.
>>
i've never had experiences with a "real" relationship but i can tell you that LDRs are not worth it and fail every single time
>>
>>28813746
It's dumb. Don't do it. You're better off investing that time in yourself
>>
>>28817928

Yeah but you can put it in the ice cream's bum sometimes
>>
If it's your first or you're like most people then:
>Being around them makes you happy
>Not being around them makes you think of them
>You spend too much time with them
>One of you becomes needy
>You start thinking they're special because they happen to be with you but in reality there are so many other people existing that it isn't true
>You "love" them though in reality it could have been any person and you yourself are generating that feeling from within
>One of you becomea visibly needy or controlling
>The other becomes unsatisfied even if they don't understand why
>Breakup and think only of her
It could have been anyone, You could have been anyone to them.
>>
>>28813746
normie here. Here is the very honest answer of what it is like to be in a healthy, adult relationship:

When you first meet, it is very exciting but nerve racking. When you are first dating and getting to know each other, you'll think about each other non-stop, become jealous very easily and are generally infatuated with the idea of who you think this person is that you have in your mind. In my experience, sex at this point is good, but because you don't know each others bodies yet, its mostly good because its new and exciting.

A few months to a year in will still be a honeymoon period. You're still learning about each other, doing things together and there'll be a lot of firsts. The first time you meet their friends, the first time you meet their parents, the first time you go away on vacation together, etc. Sex is fantastic in this stage in the relationship. You generally fuck like crazy and learn what the other person likes. Its great.

Two years in, things will start to calm down. You'll start to know this person better. You'll share your good days and bad days with each other and you'll have some arguments along the way. The excitement and intoxication will die down and turn into long-term love. There'll be more exciting times that you will share, like moving in together and stuff. There's a lot of long term planning your lives together. There is a really nice feeling of stability at this point. The sex (in a healthy relationship) is still great, but it takes some work and compromise to remain that way. You know each others bodies, turn ons and so on.

From this point on, things are usually pretty nice. You learn how to talk to each other, how to argue with each other in a constructive way and how to please each other. There is nothing I love more than seeing my partner after a hard day and hugging them. I love that no matter what, I always have someone to turn to to talk about anything and a soft place to fall.
>>
>>28818043
I think a relationship automatically comes with the mutual responsibility for the other person's sexual needs. Marital rape is a load of bs. If my bf is horny but I for some reason don't feel like it, I'll give him a bj, a handjob or offer him to wank on my tits. It's not that big of a hassle, and I want him to be happy.
>>
>>28818227
This describes it down to a fucking T
>>
File: 1444704310813.gif (198 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1444704310813.gif
198 KB, 640x360
>>28818227
God, I feel like throwing up after reading that
>>
>>28818314
That's because you're a victim of the patriarchy. If you don't feel like it then you shouldn't. You shouldn't let him control your life for you.
>>
>>28816257
>>28816412
I feel like I've just been given the key to unlocking the mysteries of the known universe.
>>
File: tumblr_mfg7lsWrRf1qkudkfo1_500.gif (657 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfg7lsWrRf1qkudkfo1_500.gif
657 KB, 500x281
>>28813746
Chad here.

I've been in great relationships and some scary one's.

Scary
>doesn't let you talk to other girls
>doesn't let you have other friends
>stalks you on social media and in real life
>questions/ interrogates you
>abuses you
>is bipolar

Good
>both are nervous about what the other thinks
>slow relationship, starting with hand holding, dinners, movies, kissing (girls love this shit).
>meet parents
>becomes a part of your family or your best friend
>tell each other secrets
>picnics
>fucking

hope this helped anon
>>
>>28817315
this is a straight relationship
>>
>>28820091
how is it abusive to not want your bf to talk to other girls? girls are horrible slutty evil monsters who will shit on everything you love and try to cuck you

>tumblr filename
then again annoying stupid men like you would LOVE attention from slutty females behind your gfs back "chad"

remember femanons, lots of female friends = he's fucking half of them behind your back, and the other half are constantly hitting on him and waiting to cuck you

99.99999% (if not 100%) of men are no-good cheating sluts that constantly complain about their lack of female friends. if you have male friends wtf do you need to talk to other women for??? oh thats right, you're a little slut who needs slutty female attention to be able to function in life. get wreckt faggot
>>
You know that smug feeling that you can't possible be a cuck because you are not in a relationship?

Imagine the exact opposite of that
>>
File: zUwqrhM.png (513 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zUwqrhM.png
513 KB, 1280x720
>>28820091
>Chad here
>posts anime girl gif
>>
>>28821902
This same exact logic applies to women as well. If the majority of their friends are guys, they aren't fully committed to you and will leave you any chance they get if a better opportunity comes up.
>>
>>28813975
>>28817952
Give us more information please.

I assumed people just moved on like it was no big deal.
>>
>>28822462
agreed!! but robots are super stupid and dumb
>>
>>28813746
Good.

I've been with my current gf for close to a year now. It's the first serious relationship I've been in (I'm 22, not 16 sadly). I'm enjoying it. A friend once said that having a gf is like having a second mother, which is true in a way. A gf is basically like a second mother that you can have sex with. Mine cooks for me, cleans for me, and generally takes care of me kind of like a mom would. It's very comfy.
>>
File: 1387887439263.png (353 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1387887439263.png
353 KB, 300x300
How do i not fuck a relationship up?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.