[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All your problems could be solved, simply by lifting. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: enhanced-31502-1440175661-2.jpg (18 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-31502-1440175661-2.jpg
18 KB, 500x366
All your problems could be solved, simply by lifting.
What are you waiting for you losers?
>>
File: Back 2013.jpg (119 KB, 492x540) Image search: [Google]
Back 2013.jpg
119 KB, 492x540
Like being bald? Or just lacking human intimacy?

Source:
>>
File: enough.jpg (104 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
104 KB, 803x688
I got a membership for YMCA in december planning to do stronglifts 5x5.

>enter weight room
>use smith machine for squats because I had no idea what I was doing
>awkwardly grab the bar from a bench and start doing deadlifts with almost no weight
>a girl is lifting more than me
>guy smirks at me
>leave

I was sore as fuck for the next two days even after that pathetic attempt, and I never returned
>>
File: skelly wojak.png (17 KB, 633x772) Image search: [Google]
skelly wojak.png
17 KB, 633x772
>all your problems are solved by lifting
>have condition that causes progressive damage to the nervous system
>can't lift
FUCK THIS GAY FUCKING EARTH
>>
File: 1455669165743.png (551 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1455669165743.png
551 KB, 919x720
ive been lifting for about 4 years now

while i havent been consistent the whole time and didnt watch my diet for the first 2-3 years, it's still a long time to lift and still look like shit.

i dont know why i still do it

habit i guess
>>
>Start doing pull ups every day
>Eat kebab and other fast food trash every day
>"Gosh anon, which gym do you lift?"
>>
>>28797129
>All your problems could be solved, simply by lifting.
Fuck off anon

I've been lifting for years, can OHP 2 plates and can squat 4, look pretty great, and it doesn't solve everything, if anything it makes people more confused to see an "aesthetic" physique housing a robotic personality.
>>
>>28797228

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

Sorry, I could not resist.
>>
i don't have the food or the equipment for it

food is expensive where i live
>>
I'm probably a top weightlifter here and my penis never entered a vagina at 24. Though it clearly helped my confidence to be 6'1 muscular and strong.
>>
>>28797228
>use smith machine for squats because I had no idea what I was doing

You know there's nothing wrong with using the smith machine for squats right? The gym I'm at now doesn't have much equipment so its pretty common to have to use the smith machine for squats.
>>
>>28797999
It forces you into an unnatural position and doesn't allow you to functionally train your muscles.
>>
>>28798058
For sure the free weight version is a lot better, but I'm just saying it isn't unusual to use the smith machine for squats.
>>
>>28797228
Yes, it's going to be hard, and no, you're not going to see results right away. But you have to have faith anon. It'll be worth it in the end.
>>
Not motivated enough, senpai. Like everything else, I'll start and stop soon after.

I can't commit and complete anything.
>>
>>28797129
>lifting can make me smarter
>>
>>28797808
Where you live, Africa? lol stop making excusing and start lifting!
>>
>>28798940
Start going to /fit/ instead of this shithole. Keeps me motivated. Also the fact that i've lost like 10 kgs in 4 months without exercise.
>>
File: 20160116_202845.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160116_202845.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>28799149
Wow sucking cock sure burns calories
>>
>>28799008
ok i lied, i can get beans, rice, tuna and wheat which should be fine

but, my mental illness and inability to get actual equipment will make it impossible. you need a clear mind and be able to get a good nights sleep in order to build muscle.
>>
>>28797129
>lifting will somehow pay off my $25k debt

Oh thats right, the only problem in your guys life is not getting laid.
>>
>be me
>fall for the gym meme 3 years ago
>today I see progress, look better and stronger
>feeling more pathetic than ever
>more symptoms of different mental illnesses
>social isolation
>no gf
>addicted to lifting
>>
>>28797129
All my problems would be solved if I grew 5 inches, had a better jawline and my dick grew 3 inches
>>
>>28797206
>>28797587
>>28797769
>>28798949
>>28799214
>>28799285
these all desu

it also won't fix my barely working thyroids, my hiatal hernia, bad eyesight or my BPD

fuck off >>28797129 and never come back again
>>
>>28799285
I feel you man..
>tfw 6'4 tall..
>tfw 7 inch dick..
>tfw nice face..
life sucks man
>>
>>28799720
kys you fucking normie scum
>>
>>28797587
Had a back injure 5 years ago. Can't lift. Have hernia also.
To be honest, I don't care even if I stay virgin my whole life because of this stupid thing. It's not what makes girls fall for you, anyways.

Sadly, money and self confidence does... Even if you have money and lack self confidence you are not going to have fun times, cause in a important moments you won't be able to express this thing that you have money in a right way. At least, my opinion.

We, robots, have no chance in this cruel 21 century world.
>>
>>28797129

There's no universal cure to all problems. It won't fix all their problems magically. It can be a boost to confidence for some of them but so could be a nice haircut and new clothes.

>>28798949

This one is true, in a way. Someone who eats well, sleep enough and do sport has a more efficient brain than his evil twin who watches TV all night and drinks soda all day.

Don't expect miracles, anyway. There's no universal cure to all problems.
>>
>>28799214
>being stupid enough to get into debt in the first place
>>
>>28799720
What's ailing you anon?
For me, those were things that just snowballed into a bunch of other issues.
>>
Like having a small dick and a 5/10 face?
>>
If your a skinny robot, its really easy to go to a gym.

What you do is you go in and you DONT MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH ANY ONE.

You just go in and do your workout everyday, you dont look at the big guys or grills because neither will be a thing for you and only make u want to quit.

If you have to pretend in ur mind u are on drugs and paranoid and that you dont want any one to know.

tHE GYM RATS WILL respect you for actually doing the work in there, the jacked guys are not really pricks, what the big guys HATE is guys who go in there and act vain in front of the mirror, hit on girls, take too long, dont wipe down the machines.

If the big guys look at you, 99 percent of the time they are thinking in their own mind, I remember when i was that small and they will look at mirror and be proud of their progress.

No one is really going to give a fuck about you in there as long as you wipe down the machines and dont fuck around.

I was a scrawny small teen who used to go in there and had zero problems. Be polite, when you go to use a machine, quickly ask if any one is using it and say thanks to whoever anwsers you, do your work, clean it off, and move on to next.

ALSO WORD TO WISE, Take care of you core or you will blow out your back and you will be forever fucked.

t. 28 year old with herniated disc.

FUN FACT- despite being scrawny, we were polite would work out hard, asked for spots politely and gave thanks, and we even made people laugh by playing dragon ball z with medicine balls and pretending they were spirit bombs after we befriended everyone which made all the jacked guys laugh their asses off with us not at us.

Just dont be a cunt.

The only thing that may hurt you is your own thoughts, grills are not gonna think oh hes scrawny or what a loser, they are just gonna not think about you.

There is typically one headcase in gym all the time, he may look at u oddly or whatever, but hes generally just a cool guy who had a bad childhood and doesnt let his guard down
>>
Same poster as above with all that text...

You would do your self a solid by doing 10 pushups a day and 10 situps and running one measly mile a day.

You can increase sit ups and pushups every day if you feel up for it.

You dont need to waste money on protein powders or workout pumps.

Just eat good quality food and lots of water and get proper sleep.

You should have a solid core before you start working out to help recovery time and PREVENT INJURY.

DEAD LIFTS ARE A GREAT WAY TO BLOW OUT YOUR BACK IF YOU ARE A NEWB, DONT DO IT.

Start off with curls, bench, calfs, and thighs.

if some one is polite to you, show it back, no one is really interested in the the inner politics of the gym so dont feed into that.

Lifting will change your life.

Junkies who quit drugs typically turn their lifes around by becoming gym rats, nerds can grow confidence and turn their lives around.

The only thing that matters is how you approach it.

The real qustion is why are u not lifting to get ready to enlist.

The military is full of oddballs, nerds, problem children, and its a great way to build up a nest egg and get some scratch for college in only 4 years.... It will also get you out of your parents house and you will be forced to change your life.
>>
File: 1656804098.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1656804098.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
I try to get myself to the gym at least once a month but I just end up wandering around outside of it. It's too hard, too intimidating. On my last attempt someone made gorilla noises at me and laughed.
>>
I spent a month in a mental hospital (just got out) afer I tried to overdose at a park with a speedball and a bottle of vodka and a bottle of xanax (wanted to die under the stars) and the cops picked me up at some point after I had passed out (was in a coma in a regular hospital for 3 days; not trying to blog, just preemptive answers).
One of the patients was a 6'8" professional bodybuilder (no one famous and I won't name names out of respect). He tried to blow his brains out, and had already been there 3 months and had just been let back into general after spending most of his time in a private observation because every time they let him out, he'd nigger rig suicide attempts like a depressed MacGyver.
We hung a lot as I had finished my first cut and wanted bulking and lifting advice and we worked out doing all kinds of routines to make up for lack of weight. He gave me my first noob gains.
He was sad because he never had any friends, abusive family growing up, no money because bodybuilders rarely make it rich and he felt way past his prime at 45 ("I don't know why I even still try") he said a lot, and was still a virgin ("I want to save it for marriage but the only girl I dated 20 years ago didn't want to marry and cheated after a month"). Again, huge dude, jacked, giant beard and he would break down and sob at least once a day. H told me I was the first person to be his friend and we hugged it out.
We exchanged numbers and I was let out 3 days ago. I called the patient line my first night out, no answer at all and that only happens when something is happening, techs are wrasslin a crazy or something. Yesterday I called and called and finally a tech answered and "sadly, he managed to (suspension) hang himself in the shower with his pants. I've been trying to deal but then I see this thread and the stupidity of the OP has me sobbing with anger along with sadness.
I'm going to get swole for the only friend I ever had and then I am going to join him in Valhalla.
>>
Because there are people in the gym no matter what time you go.
Because I can't afford $400 in food every month because I won't eat rice and tuna and other poorfag shit that I don't like just for muh gainz.
Because I can't afford a home gym and don't have any doors in my apartment besides the front one with no room for a pullup bar.
>>
>>28797129
Maybe not lifting, maybe not every problem, but the strenuous physical exercise meme is real.

My posture is better, I've lost weight, I'm more confident in social situations, I have more energy and procrastinate less.
>>
>>28804584
>Because there are people in the gym no matter what time you go.
It sucks. As part of my reconnaissance I discovered there are people inside even as it opens at 5am.
>>
>>28797206
I'm already balding. I might as well start pinning test. Maybe it would make me less of a pussy.
>>
>picking up heavy objects over and over ends corruption, suffering and injustice
>>
File: chewyouhavisfaction.png (354 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
chewyouhavisfaction.png
354 KB, 760x572
>>28797129
>All your problems could be solved, simply by lifting.
>>
>>28797707
this. you retards dont even have to lift. you just need $10 for a pullup bar and cashflow for junk food. how stupid can you kids get?
>>
>>28797129
I'd rather do cardio and yoga and shit like that. I don't want to risk getting too big for my heart to keep up with like some bodybuilders do.
>>
>>28804856
> pull ups somehow work your legs.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.