[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of buying a top hat, but I'm afraid it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Sabo.png (1 MB, 1062x1599) Image search: [Google]
Sabo.png
1 MB, 1062x1599
I'm thinking of buying a top hat, but I'm afraid it's like the super version of a fedora and looks even worse. Also I know they are out of style, you really don't see people wearing them either.

I just really like the way they look, but I also see more people in the Steampunk community wearing top hats for their cosplay and outfits.
>>
>>28780222
You can buy a top hat, just don't wear it unless you're 100% sure many others will be there in a top hat as well. There is nothing you can wear in mixed company that will make a top hat work.
>>
>>28780418
Well fuck that, I wanted to wear it out in public like with just normal attire. And I'm aware how autistic that is because top hat's were suppose to be designed for formal wear, I mean what if I wore formal attire everyday in public? I guess that makes it more autistic to walk around in a suit or some shit, it's no different than the beta fedora wears who dress up everyday for no reason.

Well fuck it, I'm already a 23 year old virgin who has shitty luck with women. I don't have much to lose, people will probably just laugh at me and shit but whatever.
>>
Quality pussy repellent.
>>
>>28780222
Wear it in your house, when you are alone
>>
>>28780469
That defeats the purpose of why I want to buy it, I want to buy it so I can wear it in public. What's the point of wearing a hat in private? It servers no purpose, it's like people who buy fedoras and don't wear them in public. I personally had a fedora but stopped wearing it years ago when I learned that it's taboo and basically makes a huge statement about you as a person, I didn't want people associating me with the brony crowd and shit like that.

Sadly I'm sure a top hat will make it even worse, I'm sure I'll be associated with bronies, weeaboos, autism, etc.
>>
Get into cosplay or things like that. A top hat won't look good outside of a costume party, Halloween, in private among friends who don't care or at cosplay type events
>>
Buy some goggles while you're at it OP. And make sure you wear them both at once.
>>
>>28780911
Even I think the goggles is pushing it, I'd understand if I was cosplaying as Sabo but I'm not. I just think the top hat looks nice.
>>
>>28780937
Do whatever the fuck you want OP.

There is nothing more alpha than being able to wear whatever you want out in public and not giving a single shit if someone stares.
>>
File: image.png (573 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
573 KB, 750x1334
>>28780460
Noooooo don't wear it with normal attire.
That is like... I don't even know what to say.
You're wearing it because you like the way it looks and the image that it creates, right? It's not going to successfully give off that image if you half ass it.
If you groom yourself well and wear additional formalwear, people will not judge you as much because even though you'll look like you are in the wrong century, you'll also be dressed nicely. It'll give off more of a "quirky" vibe than an autistic serial killer vibe.

Do NOT wear with normal clothes
>>
>>28780508
>what's the point of wearing a hat in private? It serves no purpose

True, but what is your goal here? If you're trying to look dapper or edgy or unique, this hat will give you the OPPOSITE look. Wearing it in private at least you could play out your fantasies in your head. If you wear it in public you WILL be judged and stared at in a bad freak show type of way
>>
>>28781181
Fuck man, I guess I'll go back to my fedora, that is if I ever work up the confidence to actually put it on without feeling a wave of shame and humiliation wash over me.

It's just, fuck man, the fedora has so many negative stigma's attached to it. Deep down I really want to fucking wear it but I also don't want to be fucking associated with bronies and shit like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 236x354
>you will never have a qt redhead to wear top hats with
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 750x922) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 750x922
>>28781255
Fedoras are honestly just as bad as top hats, they can just be worn with everyday stuff. It's like a casual top hat.

Maybe consider investing in a different type of hat? Newsboy hats and beanies are pretty socially acceptable and even encouraged
>>
I saw a guy at my university wearing a top hat with plain clothes, needless to say it looked like a super fedora.
>>
It doesn't matter what you wear, you will always be a disgusting piece of shit and nobody will ever like you.
>>
>>28781181
>Noooooo
>....
>caps for emphasis
>>>/out/
>>
>>28781658
>Projecting

Who hurt you anon? Who hurt you?
>>
Get a newsboys cap. They look nice tbqh, I wish more people would wear them.
>>
>>28781736
>I know you, but what am I?
I'm regularly called a Chad by people that see my picture and random whores ask me for my non-existent phone number every time I go to buy food.

Stay mad, failed normalfag.
>>
>>28780222
you can't look natural in a top hat because they are part of a set of clothes made for people of a different social class.

if you want to wear one though, then you might as well. there are advantages to looking weird and out of place, you tend to meet more interesting people that way.

what boring people think about you is unimportant (but that doesn't excuse being a brony)
>>
>>28781255
If you're so bad that you legitimately think a fedora looks good enough to wear, you're already too far gone. Just wear it already, it suits you.
>>
>>28781796
Why are you so upset? I'm sorry you have issues in life.
>>
If you are a bald dude (shaven head) and wear a hat, does it look like you're trying to hide it? I mean it would be plainly obvious my head was shaven so idk how would normies feel about this?

thinking about a newsboy.
>>
>>28782752
Can you grow a little stubble?
I think bald with newsboy with Stubble would look good
>>
>>28783068

yeah I have a short beard that has pretty good thickness (one of the only pluses of losing your hair seems to be that you also get a decent beard)
>>
>>28782004
a fedora does look good
on 60 year old men
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.