[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I reply to insults?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: kymmeme.png (82 KB, 600x392) Image search: [Google]
kymmeme.png
82 KB, 600x392
I never try to start fights or arguings and being the friendly person I am, I always try to avoid them unless it's needed but what I hate is that when I get insulted (for any reason) I don't know how to reply. I usually laugh or act indifferent.
Can anyone give me some advice on this, please?
>>
>>28773258

This is a classic case of someone who is an intelligent human being feeling like a fraud-- because of the boorish behaviour of others. Maybe your subconscious is telling you something? Like, it's not worth the trouble (I can confirm that, having tried both avenues thousands of times.)

But you're right to ask.

You need to be able to exert a little bit of social pressure, and oftentimes that can come in the form of conflict, banter, or insults.

So how do you do this?

well, you get used to it, for one.

Secondly, try to be friendly if you're arguing, don't take it personal.

Thirdly, if you're going to do things that are against your nature, be careful. You have no litmus by which to gauge it.
>>
>>28773258
Just stare blankly at them anon, show no emotion.
>>
>>28773435

And so, that's it, OP?

You're going to start a thread and not participate in it?

Thanks for wasting my time.

If all you needed to do was shed a tear for yourself, you could've looked in the mirror and saved me the effort.
>>
>>28773435
I completely agree with you, but still I feel like an idiot when I'm just listening to their insults and not replying
>>
>>28773258
maybe people insult you for a reason?
>>
>>28773934
If someone insults you in front of your face,and you don't do anything,you're a pussy and it will cause you regrets later.

If someone insults you, you insult him back,and if he try to fight you,then you fight him.
>>
>>28773934

It's ok.

I've already orchestrated a minor argument for us >>28773909

Oftentimes it's nothing personal with other people-- just kneejerk reactions and impulses. You need to accept that it may get unpleasant, no matter how much silk you throw over the iron gauntlet.

I know it's unsavory, but you don't have to make a stand for everything, all the time.

You just have to speak up when it counts.
>>
Do you typically know the person? Just hit them where it hurts if you know their insecurities. Nothing is off limits. Just don't yell or scream insults, deliver them in a matter-of-fact kind of way.

If the other person is screaming or yelling, just give them the bored blank face. It really pisses those types of people off when they aren't getting a reaction.
>>
>>28773258
Nearly the only time I get a malicious (You) now is when I know I've said something controversial, in which case I was expecting it and have a response ready. If you're getting this a lot, you might want to consider not being quite so edgy with your posts, or just hardening up to it. You should probably shoot back with some kind of retort, but don't get into a protracted flame war with anyone. It's pointless, and also be aware that some people's egos dictate that they MUST have the last word. At some point, you should just leave and go find a more interesting thread. It's an anonymous forum, so there's no reason you should feel obligated to reply to someone obnoxious or slanderous most of the time.
>>
>>28773990
that's the kind of thinking that lead to suicide and depression anon.

>>28774012
only good answer. You think it's "not worth the trouble" or that "you're too intelligent for answering" but in the end, all you will do is make people think you're a weak coward.
>>
>>28774106
>>28774092
>bored blank face
>you don't have to make a stand for everything
>you need to accept that

at my school we call you "pussy ass bitches".
>>
>>28773258
You don't know how to handle confrontation. You can still be friendly, but also not be a doormat when people harass you. There are plenty of people who know more than me that have written about assertiveness and confrontation, so I recommend seeking out websites/books on the subject.
>>
>>28774228
I'm assuming OP isn't in high school anymore, faggot.
>>
>>28774228
"I'm such a cock sucking faggot that I need to let the world know that normie insults affect me."
>>
>>28774257
In any place and at any age, a passive attitude when being insulted will only make people mock you more. unless it's friends bantz.
>>
>>28774228

It was only a matter a time before someone came in puffing his chest, assuring us what a BIG, TOUGH guy he is.
>>
>>28774313
You're either underage or trash.
>>
Assuming your tumblr garbage that gets triggered by anything, heres a tip

KYS you cunt
>>
Just do what normies do

Project your own insecurities onto them.
>>
>>28774487

>>28774487

I wouldn't get too worked up about him. He's just some kid talking out of his ass.

Nothing noteworthy or new, I wouldn't take it personally.
>>
>>28773258
>arguings

lmao wat
>>
Your intelligence is not relevant to wether you should answer or not. There are a thousand ways in which you could answer back to someone insulting you. Now, you claim to be someone trying to be a genuinely nice guy. That's fantastic. But, you can't deny negative feelings exist in you too.

You can be nice and still shit down the throats of those who try to slander you. I'm not telling you to turn into an asshole, I'm telling you to use the contempt you feel for those people against them.

And if you don't feel any disregard for people directly insulting you, then I guess you'd be better off going into the mountains and becoming a monk. This is not a meme answer either, I'm serious.
>>
File: 1459515976809.jpg (438 KB, 1083x634) Image search: [Google]
1459515976809.jpg
438 KB, 1083x634
>6'2
>when anyone does this shit I say 'take it easy little guy'
>they get MAD AS FUCK

especially if women are around
>>
>>28774559
>>28774487
Nice samefag

also he's right. you don't earn the respect of people by going "shh i'm too sophisticated to talk back,kid"
>>
File: 128977.jpg (5 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
128977.jpg
5 KB, 206x244
>>28774597

>whether.

FTFY

I'm helping.
>>
>>28774228
Exactly. Because you're a fucking child.
>>
>>28774674

Thanks, really. The words we use shape us, and define us. If I'm gonna try to speak english I might aswell do it right.
>>
>>28773258
>caring about what normies think
i usually just raise my eyebrows n look amused. i do think normie displays of aggression are funny though
>>
File: 2715528-250px_lucifer16.jpg (25 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
2715528-250px_lucifer16.jpg
25 KB, 250x375
>>28774656

Different people.

I tend to ignore kids from highschool, because they usually have no idea what the fuck's up.

I Iove how you have this thing inside your head where I'm wearing a monocle, tophat-- frowning down upon people who use conflict to resolve things for being barbaric.

I think whats really happening here is I know a teenager pumped up with hormones when I see them. Too predictable by half.
>>
I tend to go for the quizzical.
And be like
>that's clearly not the case
and they be like:
>No it's an insult you git I told it to make you mad
and i be like:
>well that's kinda lame dude
and they get upset and go like:
>go fuck yourself no-game
And i be like
>whatever mate, nice hot air you're blowing at me but I got better things to do.
And I don't talk like i presented this post obviously.
And always bail when it goes sexual. Just fucking bail
>>
>>28774791

That form of delusion keeps you sane while you dig deeper into the pit of neetdom. Somewhere within, you know they're right when they call you fat/nerd/loser, but you'd rather take shelter in some kind of "i'm better than those normies" meme-attitude than confront reality.

I've been doing that for 5 years now, that's how I know. My aim is not to offend you or be confrontational either, I get nothing from that.
>>
>>28774146
>that's the kind of thinking that lead to suicide and depression anon.
No FUCK YOU. That's making light of depression.
>>
Well, you should stand your ground against someone who totally wrong-headed in their opinion and being rude about it, but when it all stops being a debate and is reduced to petty bickering with insults replacing actual points of view, then words have failed and roasting each other all day is pointless. In real life you might actually fight the other person if it's important enough, or just go your separate ways. Online, you go to another thread but in any case there comes a point where talk has reached its natural conclusion, when it is clear that those involved are simply enraged and will never agree.
Bottom line: Choose your battles. It's worth fighting, sometimes. But try not to lose your head about things either.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.