[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm just so tired of it all /r9k/ I work for an NGO that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Mick Jagger TuyayG 8x10in .png (209 KB, 822x658) Image search: [Google]
Mick Jagger TuyayG 8x10in .png
209 KB, 822x658
I'm just so tired of it all /r9k/

I work for an NGO that deals with drug policy reform. At the start, we seemed to be doing pretty well, you can see changes in how we are treated and some government agencies even talk and partner with us.

But now, we're getting a new president who is vehemently anti-drugs. Also, he wants to kill anyone who defends drug-users and such. And the social climate regarding drugs here in my country is seemingly anti-us.

I, personally, am trying to give two fucks about this but it just gets so hard.

tl;dr NGO worker; starting to give up. what do?
>>
Are you a Filipino?
>>
>>28760254
Its so depressing when you work for/with a group who are being legislated against more and more, and you see the vacuum of need it creates. More people coming to your organisation for help, but you don't receive funding that inflates at the same rate as the need. Government continuously expect voluntary sector organisations to cope with the responsibilities they are shrugging off, but don't want to provide the extra funding to deal with it.

Bit different to your organisation if you deal with the reform as opposed to with the people, i guess, but kinda the same in principle.

I feel those feels op
>>
>>28760254
quit your job before you get killed lmao
how is this not the obvious choice

you can probably find employment in the newly formed death squads
>>
>>28760329
Yes, I am. #ChangeisComing
>>
>>28760351
I wish it were easy, but jobs aren't that easy to find. Plus I have only been with this NGO for about a year, I don't want to look like a job-hopper.

>>28760349
We do both reform and with the people with substance abuse. It just sucks that people around us hate what we do and actively try to persecute us. We are just helping and shit. I dunno, fuck the world.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.