[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wageslave/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 1455964505641.gif (455 KB, 275x207) Image search: [Google]
1455964505641.gif
455 KB, 275x207
Hello again fellow wageslaves, it's time for a thread about us.

You can bitch about your job here, boast etc.
>>
Wow, 5PM on a sunday already? Where did that time go? If you were unemployed like me, every day would be 5PM on a sunday, I just hope this doesn't upset you too much
>>
File: 1439997909219.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1439997909219.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>work in Jew York City
>make shit pay
>working there for 6 months
>everything is great for first 3 months
>Boss unexpectantly leaves the company
>Get new boss who is a total cunt
>She's constantly hounding me for no reason
>I write copy most of the day, so often or not it goes through some rounds of edits.
>Tells me "Everyone makes mistake. Nobody is perfect."
>Next week she pulls me into a conference room
>Tells me that I cannot make another mistake, or else I'm fired
>Makes me sign some form giving her consent to do that
>Comments on my posture, my hands, my feet movement, my face looking lethargic etc.
>Gives me a literal ADHD quiz taken off a psychology testing website, but changes the title
>Getting physically sick from dealing with them, stressed out, depression coming back tenfold
>Go to HR
>they turn me away because "They're just trying to make me a better employee, and most likely I'm the one with the problem."
>Nothing happens
>They continue to yell at me, sigh really loudly when I speak in meetings or can't figure something out
>Live at home, want to quit and switch careers, parents said they would disown me if I did that
>Getting rejected left and right from other jobs I apply to
>Never wanted to die so much in my life
>Stuck with two thundercunts for the rest of time

Life is truly suffering.
>>
>>28748820
At work right now. I'm doing my boss's job while he's with his 8 months pregnant wife, but I'm paid far, far less.
>The kicker is that my girlfriend of a few years just texted me that she cheated on me and that we're over today while I've been working, so it's hard to hold back the tears. It would've been avoided had I not left her alone yesterday with a Chad while I was at work on a day I normally have off.

Th-thanks, life
>>
>>28749334

your story makes me so happy. blox
>>
>>28749334
Ouch.

I'm sorry Anon.
>>
>>28749018
Why doesn't HR help?
>>
File: 1463781710217.jpg (49 KB, 645x623) Image search: [Google]
1463781710217.jpg
49 KB, 645x623
>>28749553
I'm glad someone is.
>>
>assembler in a freezer assembling plant
>do 10 hour shifts 4 days a week
>started last week
>physically intensive as fuck, these are the freezers for grocery stores
>its a massive pain in the ass to lift all the doors
>everyone speaks spanish, the only guy I can chat with is like 50
>temp to hire, probably won't get hired at the end of the summer but thats fine
at least it pays well
>>
>>28748820
My job's fine

What kills me is the fucking commute
I'm stuck 3 hours out of each weekday travelling or waiting to travel on the train

Good thing the government subsidises my fare so I'm only paying $2.50 for a whole day's travel
>>
>>28750326
What do you do?

>>28750255
How much do they pay you? At least it's a good workout.
>>
>>28750647
>How much do they pay you?
$10 an hour starting, which is good for where I live
>>
>>28750669
What state/country are you in?
>>
>>28750647
I'm a sewing machinist
But all I do add hooks and pack curtains all day
It's boring work, but almost no pressure
>>
>>28750702
waukesha WI, $10 is pretty low in the grand scheme of things but my last job was $8 and I'm entry level
>>
I used to wash dishes for shit pay but now im a movie extra for the same pay. Its easy shit and theres always catering id reccomend it to any anons in a big city
>>
>>28748820
I wish I could stay and spend more time here but I have to get up in 7 hours so I'm going to go to bed. Good night.
>>
>>28750326

Your commute could be worse, anon. Mine's 40 minutes in one direction Monday through Friday. I like my job, though. So there's that. The commute is low on traffic as well, so the time isn't as awful as it would be if I was just stuck in headache-inducing traffic.
>>
>>28750939
Damn, I thought your town has a lot of higher paying jobs.

>>28750908
No pressure job is best job.

>>28750982
What movies have been in?

>>28750995
Goodnight, anon.
>>
>>28751013
Trying going into Jew York everyday from Central Jersey.

2 hours because of a fuckton of traffic. Fridays take me 3 hours because my bus is always an hour late going into the Port Authority.
>>
>>28751017
Arrow Flash the 100, mostly shit cw shows. Fear the walking dead. I dont watch any of the shows but the food is always good. Plus it usually ten hour shifts and you make time and a half after8 hours
>>
>>28751046

Which part of Jersey? I'm in Middlesex (Spotswood).

My previous job had me driving in the city during daytime hours and holy shit that made me want to end it all.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 640x960
>>28748820
SENPAITACHI

SHOULD I DO A 2 YEAR AAS IN NETWORK ADMINISTRATION?

OR IS THE INFMRATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD JUST ANOTHER ROBOT LIE?
>>
>>28749018
Kek sue the cunt and the HR for emotional suffering. They'll be forced to fire her.

I'm serious
>>
>>28749018
>>Makes me sign some form giving her consent to do that

Never EVER sign anything HR gives you that admits wrong doing. You just gave them written acknowledgement of your faults, which can be used to deny you unemployment when they do fire you.
>>
>>28749018
Perfect example of why NEET life is God mode.
>>
>>28751161
This degree isn't bad but it needs to be paired up with some specific industry wide certification like CCNA or MCITP. Otherwise you're going to be working at BestBuy helping senior citizens send their faxes.

And if you want to advance in your career, you will at some point need to get your bachelors
>>
>>28748820
>tfw sleeping away the entire weekend
>now is Sunday night and I'm going to stay up way too late and start my week tired regardless
>>
>>28751115
I'm your neighbor, I'm in Old Bridge.

I want to die.
>>
>>28751207
Wish I could.

>>28751356
It wasn't from HR, it was from my boss I later learned. They made it fancy, but HR said the paper wasn't from them.

>>28751387
I wish I could live the NEET life. I've never had a break from wageslavery since I was 18.
>>
>>28751888
>It wasn't from HR, it was from my boss I later learned

Even worse. That means your boss is actively making a case against you.

Take the first job you can get and get out of there. Don't even bother giving 2 weeks notice. They're never going to give you a good reference anyway.
>>
>>28751115

hey you're a 20 min drive from me

wanna dress up as girls and suck each others dicks
>>
>>28751940
I know that.

I'm bailing ASAP. I got an interview with a well-known internet company Wednesday so we'll see.
>>
Im tired of working in customer service in a callcenter for a cellphone company nationwide, not a single male "friend".
They assign numbers to us, we have 20 mins breaks and tell us when we can take them.
I never have the breaks with people who i can talk, always women women women, all fucking ugly and stupid shits, they all have some kind of issue or desperation for working here, just like me. Yet i have to listen to them about "shopping", how "not good looking" are men in the floor, how they wish there was "hot guys" in the floor, right to my face when they are all ugly and fat shits, how they overdress to work in a cubicle and talk shit over people who wear the same clothes the next day.
GOD LORD, i fucking despise them so much. I know they know i hate them, if i show my powerlevel seriously they shut the fuck up. They day i did show my power level i was scared a whole week they would snitch me to HR. They wouldn't stop repeating what i said.
Im also a fucking law student, Humanities are full of women, abortions yes, muh human rights, muh animal rights, muh vegetarianism, muh political correctness. ALL THE TIMES A BIG FUCKING YES

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK
I UNDERSTAND SHOOTERS
>>
>>28749334
Get out normie
Original contenterino
>>
>>28749018
Thats called mobbing

Also when you sign a paper giving consent to something, it's not valid if you did sign without "Will" (if you sign something about X and it turns to be Y without being your fault, if what they made you sign it's illicit or under force or intimidation)

So if i were you i would start recording shit, asking for signed copies, and keep appealing to HR.

They want you to quit your job
>>
Got a disciplinary for something I didn't even do.
I'm appealing it but it's getting ridiculous in retail.
All it takes is one assholes complaint and they are on you like a fucking spanish inquisition.

I hold my hands up anytime I fuck up. I admit my service hasn't been too great lately. My managers keep letting me down, and my dad has been in hospital a lot after a botched operation. I was working real hard to get around it. I've been smiling and being friendly to everyone. Something I'm not naturally good at. I was improving, yet the complaints keep coming, and the support I need from my managers keeps getting dropped. I did work shadowing the other week then they tell me, "hey good work. BTW there is no job for you doing this so you've wasted your time so back to square one".
That's hard to swallow but i kept on trying. I just kept my head down and tried to let all this shit blow over but now that they've thrown a written warning at me at something I literally didnt do. I have no recollection of this event. Or of the customers in question. I told them that but they don't care. I am not even rude. I'm just not always chatty.

I've had falling outs with the managers lately, over things like being abandoned in the middle of a task with no actual equipment to do what they want me to do and I'm confronting them about it trying to get it sorted. And asshole managers flying off the handle over some customer who couldn't wait for my team leader to finish a sentence and runs off to complain. A team leader who was just doing her job explaining something to me that was important to the job, that was almost wrapped up. In a non busy time of day surrounded by other people ready to serve.
They threaten and coerce me just because I stood up for her because she was too afraid to.

This is pathetic now. They're trying to bully me out of a job I've worked for eight years. I'm not letting them do it. I'm taking this as far as I can go. I want CTV footage. Actual physical proof.
>>
I'm trapped in a shitty job because I am a low competency codemonkey who was lucky to get it. I'm being fucked in it and it's because they probably realise this.
>>
>Work in a warehouse
>can't call in sick
>they give you 20 hours unpaid every three months
>7 and a half hours paid time each month
>3 hours vacation time a month (requires atleast 24 hour notice before use)
>sounds like a lot, but I work 10 hours a day 4-5 days a week
>They just recently took away doctor's notes as a reason for missing work, no matter the reason
>You could get hit by a bus on your way to work, wake up the next day and they'll ask you if you have the time to cover it

>last week
>Had a stomach ache
>decide to take a pepto bismal during second break to see if I feel better
>intense burning
>use my remaining time to leave early (haven't been here long and had to use time for a funeral service the week prior)
>writhe in pain the whole night
>emergency room costs too much
>time to get ready for work and can't stand up without the room spinning
>call them for personal leave
>assured I can have it
>they call back a day later and say I can't
>have to do medical leave
>had bad pain for 4 days then it dies down
>worried that it was nothing and I'll be fired

I was miserable there, but at least it payed well and I didn't have to socialize. I don't want to lose my job.
>>
>>28752354
>>3 hours vacation time a month (requires atleast 24 hour notice before use)
>>sounds like a lot

>SOUNDS LIKE A LOT

wagecucks, everyone!
>>
>>28752354
This sounds very illegal.

Don't you have a union you can turn to? Or a government body? This is close to slavery, rather than employment
>>
>>28752435
>This is close to slavery, rather than employment
literally all jobs are like that. it's slavery with a bit of sprinkles on top
>>
>>28752416
>20 hours unpaid
>7 hours paid
>3 hours vacation time

Just to clarify I meant all of it together.
Not all of us have families willing to support us well into adulthood.
>>
>>28752472
Clearly you've never had a good job before
>>
>>28752435
That's what my coworkers and I are thinking. I don't think we can form a union given that we work for Amazon. Anyone would jump at chance for the opportunity to work for them. Recently my department that works out in the bins has had dangerous conditions.
>>
>>28749334
>avoided
You seriously want to stay with a whore who cheats on you, regardless of if you let it happen?

Pathetic normalfag
>>
>>28752628

nah, i let you guys slave away while you fund my lavish lifestyle. thanks tho
>>
Work on roof
>Tfw high pay
>Tfw terrible on body
>Tfw terrible quality of life
>Tfw rain or shine
>Tfw 12 hour days
>>
>>28752665
Is there a government mandate you can turn to? Worst case scenario would be to sue them or make a complaint under work safety etc

On the other hand how about quitting and looking for something similar with better working conditions? It may pay well now but this won't work out for you in the long run
>>
>>28752200
I recorded everything, I'm going back to HR tomorrow.

This is what I get for working with female bosses from China and India.
>>
>>28752774
Not sure I'll have to look it up.

I have been thinking about getting a new job, I have been applying to multiple jobs this past week (with the fear of being fired). The more I think about it, the more okay I am with possibly losing this job.
>>
Work 3 days a week as a dishwasher
Not that bad but i hate working
>>
File: 980983409284098230948.jpg (506 KB, 1902x3000) Image search: [Google]
980983409284098230948.jpg
506 KB, 1902x3000
>start new job in January
>start talking to shy girl
>we get along very well, she laughs at the stuff i say
>gets me drinks once in a while
>she asks me to hang out a couple weeks to do a common hobby we enjoy
>last weekend we even get food afterwards
>this week arrives
>she gets cold and distant
>tells me how she is sick of dealing with people
>i get a little overeager and try starting convos with her
>we were planning all week to play cards yesterday, even as of Friday AM
>she sends me a text yesterday saying she is tired and isn't going
>I have no idea what to do now

I have to work with her tomorrow and sit by her. Should I just not make any effort to talk to her?
>>
>>28753305
I wouldn't, anon.
>>
>>28753339

wouldn't what? so I shouldn't try speaking to her?
>>
>>28753305
fambam she may be on her period

Women always change, and period's make a woman want to kill everyone and everything. It only last 1-2 weeks and she should be back to normal or she isn't interested in you anymore.
Its either 1 of the 2.
>>
File: 1456031890718.jpg (106 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1456031890718.jpg
106 KB, 960x731
>>28753339
this as well anon

if she didn't make any effort to talk to you then do the same and don't even acknowledge her. It will definitely make her come crawling back to you after she realizes she was being a bitch
>>
>>28753362
To be honest anon, I wouldn't. I'm judging based on previous experiences. I've had women that were interested, then just get cold and distant. Reason is because they're not interested. Don't bother.

Just my two cents.
>>
>Work in equipment rentals
>work outside in the warehouse
>Slow most days
>Just sit around on 4chan listening out for the manager's keys jingling

Pretty solid gig except for being out in the heat all day.
>>
>>28753367
>>28753393
>>28753402

well shit. i thought this could maybe be salvaged. i guess not. tomorrow is going to be misery
>>
>>28752035
i wish u bery good luck anon
i hope thing turn out ok <3
>>
>>28753573
dank ju :DDDD
>>
File: 1462414553955.png (96 KB, 539x488) Image search: [Google]
1462414553955.png
96 KB, 539x488
>work in the food service industry (not fast food but a kitchen none the less)
>pretty kush
>short shifts because we aren't open late
>everyone tells me im doing great which has the opposite which makes me feel like shit because robot feels
>staff is 90% women
>id rather kill myself than go into work because anxiety
Help
>>
> throat is sore as fuck (ur moms dick is p big)
> can't talk
> job is based around talking to people
> just called off so I'm hoping they dismiss me
Will they let me go, or will they let me whisper like a retard at everyone all day?
>>
>>28753828
They will keep you on for a few weeks/months hoping you get better, only to make some lame excuse to let you go later on
>>
>>28753841
I'm already at that stage family, but I wasn't being clear. Will they let me go home for the day if they can't make out what I'm saying?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.