[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/'s Writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14
File: Sagrada Familia.jpg (2 MB, 3464x4618) Image search: [Google]
Sagrada Familia.jpg
2 MB, 3464x4618
I've read a lot of interesting ideas of fantasies or worlds robots have created in their minds, and I've been wondering why they haven't written a book about it or anything.

I'd be really interested to read some of your ideas/fantasies or, even better, if you've actually written a book (or a few notes) on it then please share.
>>
>>28741693

I wrote a 200ish word joke short story, someone else told me it was terrible and I agreed. I also tried writing something slightly longer. I don't have any talent it's kinda depressing.
>>
>>28741783
I'm not concerned about the talent, I'm just really interested by the ideas and the world created.

I've also written parts of some stories, then after reading it a few months/years later I realised they were complete trash and deleted them.
>>
>>28741827

None of them are really fantasy; all based on real life.

One of the ideas was to have a phrama company working on a drug that caused monkeys to kill themselves. There was supposed to be something to do with the death penalty in Singapore...

As bad as this is going to sound I kinda wanted to write something in a Murakami surrealist style if that makes sense.

Also borrowing from "New Games Journalism TM" I wanted to write a video game review that turns into a love story were the protagonist ends it by publicly asking for forgiveness.

What kinda worlds you made ?
>>
>>28741942
One of my ideas was based on a dream I had; being able to pause time for a while, except my body would be frozen too- basically having some time to think about the next step.
It was going to have an organisation trying to kill me, and having to use the power to somehow survive.

Another one, which I prefer more, was based in a fantasy like world (basically RPG setting). It involved me making a new life for myself and becoming highly respected among the locals for my inventions.
Wasn't really too exciting, just based on an ideal life with no stress.

As you can see they're self-insert fantasies for my personal escapism. I wouldn't be able to write one without making it into a shitty LN with a self-insert MC, among dozens of LNs with the same concept.
>>
>>28742108

I thought that you were a writer who needs new ideas.

>One of my ideas was based on a dream I had; being able to pause time for a while, except my body would be frozen too- basically having some time to think about the next step.
>It was going to have an organisation trying to kill me, and having to use the power to somehow survive.

I actually really like that for some reason.
>>
>>28741693
My life story is so unbelievable that I've been told by every single person who's ever heard it that I must write a book about it. I've sketched out outlines and tried writing some chapters but it all reads terribly so I always delete everything. I suspect I'll be well into my old age by the time I have the balls to write and publish something.

I also am forced by my psychologist to write out my intrusive thoughts in explicit detail, and people who enjoy reading about very violent, sexually explicit and psychologically disturbing things have told me that they're interesting or enjoyable.

I'm self-taught so I have no idea how far behind my writing abilities are compared to someone my age with any sort of formal education. I don't want to pretend that I'm very good, I'm just going off of what other people have told me.
>>
>>28742155
It would definitely be interesting to take a robot's idea and write about it, and I'd love to do it. Unfortunately I neither have the experience/ability to make a semi-decent piece of writing, or time (at least not until the summer holiday).

>>28742179
I've gotten the same 'creator's block' for both writing and drawing in the past. Even with an idea, I can't seem to be satisfied with it no matter what. I try to redraw something 10-20 times and when I look at it a week later I throw it away because it looks like shit. I edit a piece of writing I've done every few weeks, and every few weeks I realise how bad it is.

I would love to read some of your work though, if you'd be willing to share it.
>>
File: 1357353820528.jpg (13 KB, 317x379) Image search: [Google]
1357353820528.jpg
13 KB, 317x379
>>28742264
I'm writing up this week's shit for my psychologist. If you're willing to wait, say, half an hour for me to finish, I'll put it up in pastebin or something.

Fair warning, though, it's supposed to be a recording of an intrusive thought/scenario, as unfiltered as possible, so the content is pretty cringe-inducing.
>>
>>28742973
I'm okay with that. I'll be on this thread waiting for you to finish writing it.
Hopefully thread won't die
>>
Shameless bump to keep thread alive.
I'm plagued with having a shit imagination, so when I read threads of anons creating entire worlds in their minds I get a bit envious.
It's a bit like when you want to draw something, but instead you stare at a blank piece of paper without any ideas of what to draw; creating my own imaginary world is just staring at a blank canvas with no idea what to draw, or being at a crossroads and not knowing what path to choose.
>>
I've talked about it all across 4chan a few times before, but I just finished my novel a few weeks ago, and I'm writing some short stories set in the same universe to get my name out there since nobody wants to read a book by some unknown cornfed hick
>>
>>28741783
One day ill write a boom about my life I don't think anyone will believe it
>>
>>28743475
Link me to your novel and short stories, I'll definitely give them a read.
>>
I've created a really large fantasy world, but it's based off the works of other people (Jordan, Tolkein, etc).
>>
I've had a couple ideas for longer novels. One is far more lewd than the other.
The tame idea is a novel about a rock band and the story would basically follow the lead singer/guitarist from around the final year of secondary school until some point in the story where it feels natural to end it.
I had a few ideas for lyrics already, and kind of figured out the major points in the story.
One set of lyrics is this
>Raise my head,
>Make my spirit soar
>And love, love, love,
>Will show my heart it's worth
And then
>Calling out your name,
>My heavy heart will lay you down.
>What can I do to make this right?
>Cuz I will feel this guilt forever,
>Everywhere I go reminds me
>That you are truly gone now.
I'll post the more lewd idea if there is interest.
>>
>>28743501
Alright famalam. I only have one short story done so I'll link that and if you like what you read I can send you the novel
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBcNOIKkT2BXKxXkqSqoqpQhXOo-TSSKuw8afgcxJF8/edit?usp=docslist_api
>>
File: 1442783386083.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [Google]
1442783386083.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>>28743594
Give me your lewdest lewd idea senpai
>>
>>28743005
Here it is. For context, I have intrusive thoughts about homicide and necrophilia, and this exposure therapy is supposed to help reduce my anxiety by exposing me to what makes me the most anxious over time. This scenario is one that I get frequently, and is meant to reflect the absolute worst-case scenario that intrudes on my thoughts/my compulsions tell me to do. I have to share this with my therapist twice a week. Obviously I have no intent to do any of this and it's all for the sake of getting better.

pastebin.com/dqr99jsV
>>
>>28743594
>Raise my hands
>Paint my spirit gold
>And bow my head
>Keep my heart slow

You fucking talentless copycat, copying off faggot poser hipster trash. Kill yourself
>>
File: mumford-and-sons.jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mumford-and-sons.jpg
420 KB, 1920x1080
>>28743594
topkekm80

oregaos commentt
>>
>>28743718
>>28743688
Fuck. Well, that's one idea for that out the window, at least it wasn't already done
>>
I'll share a chapter of something

It's a second draft
Heading south, to the swamps, Dying trees and an enshrouding fog that swallowed the stars told him he was getting closer to the next beast. Movement and a dim shadow caught his attention. He halted his pace and saw the figure of a elderly women shambling towards him from the murky moss
"I lust for what brings me that slow dark death... heh, I'm dope sicking and drug seeking boy, I need that rush, gimmie that rush...Side of the rock, hit me up I'll suck ya..." sputtered the women with dead and insane eyes. Knowing it was far too late to do anything to help the women, Righteousness saw no reason to speak and proceeded past her. The trail disappeared. Another mountain came into view. Glancing around for an entrance, Moving his gaze he found a cave on the side of the mountain. In the vast darkness his path was clear, Making his way to the cave, he smelled the pungent smell of decayed flesh, The cave's breath was that of fresh and old death, The sounds of wheezing, coughing and shrieks halted his steps. Men, Women of varying ages lay against rocks.
Some of them were seizing, others were stiff, Unable to bare looking at the deaths in motion. Righteousness closed his eyes and navigated the pathway,
A sickly voice called out to him. "You must be lost, come sit down and take part in our great feast, A feast for fiends and I am your host and I am called The beast of Addiction." Righteousness opened his eyes, gazing upon the beast if Addiction sitting at the top of 12 steps sitting on a throne of tin foil and syringes and raised his spear,
"I am Righteousness, I have come to put an end to your lust for intoxication. Your existence hastens the deaths of countless innocents. You high crashes here"
Righteousness roared. Standing up from his throne of tin foil and syringes.
The beast coughed and winced at the spear wielding hero.
>>
>>28743638
I'd actually forgotten about this idea until last night when some robot was writing some little bits about having a futa mommy.
I have two ideas for the same story, but they would be super different scenes if I pick one over the other
Basically is starts with a pretty normal dude meeting this older woman. He's probably 20ish, and the woman is about 35-40. They go on a few dates and everything and this is where the story can take a huge turn
Option A: woman turns out to be a very attractive, very passable chick with a dick. I don't particularly like this one because it's so unrealistic
Option B: it comes up that she has a super dominant personality and wants the dude to be her fuckboi.
Whichever one I choose, I want there to be scenes where she forces him to give her oral in public. Maybe we spend a good bit of time watching her break his resolve and gets him to dress as a sissy gurl, complete with chastity belt to keep his secret safe, and when they go shopping, she forces him to give her oral in a changing room.
I'd also like to have a scene with a strap on. Quite a few scenes actually, and I'd also like to have her invite a few of her male friends over to teach him how to please a dude.
Overall, I'm thinking the tone of her character would be very affectionate, but her dominant personality shines more throughout
>>
>>28743682
The ending paragraph was amazing, reminded me of the last few lines from The Great Gatsby.

>>28743682
Not the most convenient fetish, but the quality of writing is certainly great. The compliments you received weren't empty words.
>>
>>28744109
Thank you very much. Not sure if you meant to quote me twice, but either way that's very flattering. Do you have any constructive criticism? Since I'm sharing this with other people I'm always looking for ways to improve.
>>
>>28743634
>>28744109
First quote meant for this anon.

>>28744180
You tend to repeat 'it' too much. Maybe you should try extending sentences to avoid repeating 'it' each time?

Also the flow doesn't feel that smooth, its like events are just being listed with brief connections between them. Sorry, I'm not too not sure how to help you out with improving the flow
>>
File: Mushishi.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mushishi.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>>28743634
Getting a major Mushishi vibe from this. I would suggest making some changes to distance yourself from that or just switch to writing fan fiction.

Try to use chuckled and sighed as sparingly as possible.
>>
>>28744459
Never seen this, what kind of changes would you suggest?
Yeah I really hated using chuckled and sighed but I wanted to be done with this one quick so I could go on to the next one.
>>28744429
Thanks for the read, anon! I'm glad you enjoyed!
>>
>>28744429
Thanks, I'll try lengthening my sentences in the future. Not entirely sure how to improve the flow either but I'll work on it.
>>
bumping one of the only original threads on r9k right now
>>
>>28745204
Just gotta keep it bumped till everyone comes back. I'm digging this
>>
>>28741693
there is a big diference between coming up with a cool idea and actually being capablen of writing it.
Its like going to a restaurant and making a delicious meal, anyone can do the first one
>>
>guy with 4 friends travel to different world
>guy travels around, gets his arm chopped off, grows a new one with ancient technology he found in a temple
>now has superpowers
>saves a kingdom
>steals an airship
>goes on more adventures
>finds his dead gf
>teams up with other friends occasionally
>fights one of his old friends who's turned bad and gotten the same powers but turned insane
>meets the guys who built the tech on the moon who give him a mission
>meanwhile hes trying to find out what the source of their power is
>also trying to solve the mystery of the portals that brought him there
>goes apeshit with someone else like hes known over the series and blows up the moon, his friend dies but he survuves
>a giant creature those ancient guys trapped in the moon was actually the source
>now he has to fight that
>gf dies again
>along with almost everyone else he's met
>he dies too sacrificing himself to save both worlds
>tease a continuation with his son

this would easily be about 50 books. I've written the first actually, but college got in the way of sequel
>>
>>28745369
Link to the book senpai
>>
>>28745297
But just like cooking a delicious meal, anyone can do it with enough practice, coaching and diligence.
>>
>>28745392
as if senpai, someone once stole an idea of mine, I won't get fooled again
also studying i got an exam tommorrow, keep doing these threads I might pop up again and give some exerpts
>>
>>28745408
Just give an excerpt now you faggot, no one knows if another thread like this will pop up with the transient nature of 4chan.
>>
>>28745488
You're a needy little faggot aren't you
Grayson thought about it. "He did mention something about our prophet. He might've been a fuser. No clue on what that is, but from what he described, I think the woman we met back in the college might have been one too." Drake took on a questioning face. "Really? That's a big claim. That means-" "That those fusers seem to be very interested in our future. Maybe they're keen on seeing that prophecy of theirs full-filled." Talia was confused, and asked: "What woman?" Grayson remembered she hadn't been there, and explained: "Some random chick that promised to show the future. I was the only one who tried it, and let me tell you, that bitch had some bizarre crap going on. Come to think of it, it'd make sense if she was one of those fusers." "Well shit, of course. You're the only one that lab coat guy interviewed, the only one who saw the future, it's starting to get obvious that you're the idiot who's going to save the universe! Besides, what did you see?" Grayson thought about this. It'd make the most sense, but did he really want to do that? Save the universe? It'd probably be a lot of work. He wanted to help people, sure, but the universe? That might be a little high-reaching for him. "I saw a moon on fire, my arm disappearing and regrowing, and a giant ocean. Funnily enough, I also saw the portal."
Goddamn this could use some work
>>
>>28745399
exactly
wich is why trying to brute force your way into writing a story is such a bad idea.
You cant write with dedication alone, you will burn yourself fast if your lucky and turn into chris chan if you are not.
You need actual study
>>
>>28745576
It could use some work. Especially with the name- Grayson is one of Batman's sidekicks and it's impossible to not make the connection.

>>28745580
That's exactly what I'm saying m8. What would you recommend, though, for self-study or formal education?
>>
>15 views on a page and 1 post about it
I don't know what to think
>>
File: 1358878225296.jpg (127 KB, 680x846) Image search: [Google]
1358878225296.jpg
127 KB, 680x846
>>28746042
>17

this comment was too low in content
>>
>>28741693
I have an entire space opera setting where humans have colonised the Galaxy, creating a number of competing alliances and empires. That all goes to hell when they get attacked by a mysterious alien race that turns out to be descended from early humans who built spaceships thousands of years ago to escape a catastrophe that eradicated all trace of their existence
>>
>>28746478
Sounds like a neat combination of Legends of the Galactic Empire and Battlestar Galactica. Care to share any more?
>>
>>28746606
Galactic Heroes*
I'm drunk and have no business posting
>>
>>28745735
actual classes and note i not telling you to go top college. Look for anyone teaching near you for free or cheap, doesnt matter if it is a group thing
>>
>>28747359
sound advice m8, wish I had something to expand on it with
>>
givin this thread the ol natty bumperoo
>>
One more discreet and completely original bump
>>
this was something i wrote on my okcupid profile
i'm not a native speaker btw

If you ever seen upclose a freight train rushing along the railway to get to elsewhere fast, then you must remember a feeling of utter powerlessness witnessing its speed and weight, and noise, as the very idea of unstoppable strength was being materialized in front of you. That's how I feel about life, it rips your hands off when you try grabbing hold of it. The best thing to do is still to turn your back on it and erect sandcastles, it is thus that the empires of the world are born.

While it is true that what people of vision do is to a certain extent at the same time dead and dying when looking at the possibilities of destruction and the certain knowledge that in the end nothing remains, even in a state of peace lasting for thousands of years, for peace doesn't suit man nor woman and when overstaying its welcome kills as surely as war, while it is true, what is done exists, is imprinted and sparks reactions from what is around it who is there to see it. It may be worthless, because it isn't lasting, but we are resigned to find worth in what won't last since all that we are and do and write about and think of is made of the same cloth that tears and hollows before time's chafing. It is heartbreaking and funny that worth, even in the present, for things that exist while we speak, comes from our awareness that when it will disappear, as it shall, some might remember it, calling out that it was, that it existed, that it was done, and make great racket while hitting their hands in the mountain of dust which remained silent and still until then, now exploding in puffs of smoke from which the people of this time long in the future will gorge themselves, and from it take great courage and set forth to great accomplishements, so people in their future will dance in dust and nothingness, saying that what they did, was.
>>
>>28750312
We may be as trees, rooted too deeply in the moments, tasting the earth of each passing seconds, unable to look up and see the space above our head, and that space reveal in its vastness the vastness of time, extending in all directions, that we have been taken from the instant we were born in its incessant roaring, being carried towards our own individual waterfalls so that nothing else ceases when we finally plummet. We have no roots, and even lying down are still being moved. It is no wonder then that we found ourselves something outside of time to look at, something the great war waged by death and decay doesn't touch, something that stays pure, and beautiful, and perfect. Something that is a tree, with roots in the everlasting, nearing the waterfall but deaf to its wordless utterance, something we wish we would be, and some might believe that in fact, this is what we are, but trapped temporarily where everything moves, eroding itself and all into shapelessness.

Humanity doesn't suffer from being led too much by emotion. If anything, it is led by indifference, cattle uncomprehending of what alterity means, seeing objects to be acted upon in place of people. Objectification is what we do. We don't have the mental processing capability to fully understand what all those lives mean and function in society at the same time. This may be our biggest flaw, and it explains why people choke on their own blood while others watch. As a specie, we made rules to circumvent our abjection, holding any individual who didn't follow them as an undesirable pariah, holding them up for the whole community to see as a genetical dead end, someone incapable of sacrifice. Slighting even the smallest rule meaning you were liable to fail following the more important ones.
>>
>>28750312
Despite this, and this is becoming more visible as we thrive and hunger is eradicated and shelter is provided for those of us who didn't draw the short straw, being a wolf looking out for his own well being isn't looked down upon anymore, because each individual doing his part to improve the community he/she/xe/jzdj lives in isn't as vital as it used to be, not to mention that the worldwide economy is based on stomping as hard as you can on the next fellow's foot. There's not as much hatred and love combined in the world as there is indifference. And indifference kills more. Who cares.
>>
>>28750312
>>28750332
>>28750363
What is your native language? Your ideas are pretty solid but because this is a second language for you your execution is harsh at best.
>>
File: 1463607548950.gif (1 MB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1463607548950.gif
1 MB, 500x558
>>28750312
>>28750332
>>28750363
This is something I'd expect to read at the end of a great novel- not on ok cupid.
>>
>>28750563
Am french, i'm pretty sure my writing in french is way more chaotic and 'experimental' (its both that i like it that way and that i'm too lazy for editing i think). The particular ideas of these paragraphs aren't original, style and subject matter are both emulating things i've read in the Malazan books of the fallen serie.

Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>28750658
Boy do I wish I didn't drop French in middle school, I really would have loved to read some of your work. Doesn't really matter if your ideas aren't original, what matters is your execution.

Happy to give some feedback, hope it can help.
>>
>>28750749
it's never too late but you shouldn't bother
i'm have a relative level of proefficience in english but still can't read infinite jest without reaching for a dictionnary which infuriates me and i refuses to do (nothing more annoying than to get in the bath and get out of it a thousand times over)
i can read other books but i feel like if you aren't learning lists of vocabulary by heart every night there comes a point you just stop progressing altogether
>>
File: 239852578.png (264 KB, 621x373) Image search: [Google]
239852578.png
264 KB, 621x373
I wrote a Fantasy novel but it sucked ass so I'll tell you about my Cyberpunk book idea instead

Setting
>some sort of medicine has been developed which doubles the human lifespan
>microchip implants are common, and in order to get a job at an important firm they're often necessary
>the corporations force you to take the medicine too, so they don't have to worry as often about hiring new workers
>there have been two major world wars since our time: one over oil, one over copper.

Story
>guy working at one of these huge corporations is a "Patcher," who interviews new employees and tries to weed out spies, tech thieves, saboteurs etc. sent by their rival company
>depressed as fuck, he's a total robot with very few friends
>his biochips detect his low dopamine levels or whatever the fuck depression looks like biochemically, and much of the conflict of the story is the Patcher trying to keep his job, because the people at the company know he's depressed and are thinking of replacing him
>losing your job is basically a death sentence in this city since there's 100 normies lining up to replace you, and being fired from such a prestigious corporation is terrible for your reputation
>Patcher dude has to fake being a normie basically in a world where his very biology is controlled, Deus Ex style, by implants and chemicals and stuff
>also, there's a death-cult that is encouraging people to commit suicide as a form of protest against this overwhelming totalitarianism; the leader of this cult will allude very strongly, both physically and linguistically, to Kierkegaard and his concept of the "leap of faith"
>>
>>28751418
really depends on how it is written desu
it's a bit of a redundancy on the brave new world theme but it could work and be interesting nonetheless
>>
>>28751517
For most of the book the dude would be trying to keep his job, and basically he'd be stuck in the system. Eventually he realizes that what his fucking boss thinks doesn't matter, his "friends" don't matter, he should be living only for himself and just be doing what makes him happy.

Memelords will compare it to the wagecuck becoming glorious NEET, but I'd compare it to becoming The Modern Diogenes, totally free of the system which judges people by rich or poor, popular or lonely, successful or failed. Either he'll be happy at the end as a ramshackle vagrant bum living in the poor district, or he'll join the deathcult and the last scene will be his televised suicide.
>>
Original original bump
>>
File: schooldays1.jpg (1 MB, 1343x5722) Image search: [Google]
schooldays1.jpg
1 MB, 1343x5722
Oh here's a free-writing ADC story I did on /b/ a while back. I had one more, but I can't find it. I was gonna do a continuation of this but decided fuck it.
>>
File: schooldays2.jpg (1 MB, 1345x7321) Image search: [Google]
schooldays2.jpg
1 MB, 1345x7321
Part 2. Sorry for the shitty names of he characters. I was winging it the entire time.
>>
File: schooldays3.jpg (621 KB, 1005x4116) Image search: [Google]
schooldays3.jpg
621 KB, 1005x4116
>>28753843

Whoops, I meant ABC. One day I'd like to go back to it, refine it, and make it a little lengthier.
>>
File: schooldays4.jpg (328 KB, 1006x2483) Image search: [Google]
schooldays4.jpg
328 KB, 1006x2483
>>28753885

This is the last part
>>
>>28753843
It reads like some John Green
i'm sorry anon
>>
File: 1455246690820.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1455246690820.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>28741693
Here's a poem:

###Roll Me One
I'm pretty good at rolling.
I was trained.
"Roll me one,"
She asked the kid who didn't smoke.
"Roll me one."
The first few times, it was a request, until that nuclear winter of a woman set in.
"Roll me one."
She stopped asking.
"Roll me one,"
She repeated, dismissing the ugly, the bent, the limp, the loose, the tight, the ones who
burn
too fast, too slow, and especially the ones with paper sticking out over the filter.
"Roll me one,"
She said, throwing the deficient ones at my face with a flick of the wrist, like a small-
calibre slap,
the bitter fruit scattered on my oily face.
"Roll me one,"
She said through her teeth while I smoked the rejected, having been told not to waste her--
our tobacco.
"Roll me one,"
She said in bed, smiling, staring at me in a language I didn't speak.
"Roll me one,"
She said, giggling, while I fumbled with the papers.
"Roll me one,"
she said, inspecting the firmness
of the cigarette, her head tilted to the side,
disappointed in my hands.
"Roll me one,"
She ordered between sobs, and again, and again, until the smoke detectors died.
"Roll me one,"
She whispers, waking me up from my spiteful sleep in the hallway with a poke of her
pink-socked foot. But after all these years, after the thousands of cigarettes, I have grown
something like a spine (or maybe just a tumor).
"Why don't you roll your own?"
She purses her lip for half a second, making sure I notice, and deploys the answer like a
precision strike, having long hoped for a night to come when affection could be
weaponized.
"Because I like watching you roll for me,"
she says.
I was trained, like a dog, by a bitch.
And I woofed, and I rolled.
>>
>>28754022

I was kind of going for that young love anime-ish thing.
>>
>>28754120
well then that's a success tbf
>>
I do a lot of freelance writing but don't have the motivation to put together anything on my own.

I do have one idea I've been floating around for ages, but it's sufficiently complex that I don't know where to even begin.
>>
>>28754621
my advice is 'anywhere'
don't write it as a beginning, a middle or and ending
just put it down
don't be too worried about what it looks like
>>
>>28754666

Nice trips.

I've already written an introduction for it, but I'm afraid it might be too wordy or over the top. Most people who know me are blown away by my writing, but they're also foreigners who don't speak English as a native language. I'm just enough of a perfectionist that I feel like I'll never slap together something worth publishing or tossing around.

I do like writing, though - just not enough to get started without an immediate payoff at the end.
>>
>>28754788
>I do like writing, though - just not enough to get started without an immediate payoff at the end.

i feel ya
of all the arts i feel this is the most unrewarding even in the long term
musicians get to perform in gigs
painters have a result they can embrace with a short look and show easily to others
scultpors too have something to show for thermselves
dancers can dance in front of people
actors can act in front of people

a writer is doomed to be alone and work his ass off to put together something when there's nobody to see or care about the writing process
and there's no real payout, be it financially or fame-wise
>>
I have written down probably hundreds of ideas over the years, but I don't think I'll ever get around to actually writing something. I am a good analytical writer, but I can't tell a story for shit. Even my 4chan posts are awkwardly-worded.
>>
I've been keeping a journal for 2 years since I was 17. Is this what you were looking for? This is my first note:

My new boss at work is a cunt so far. I have only spoken to her formally and for about 10 sentances collectively but somehow she managed to make such an impression in that time. I must have made some impression somehow because from day one, she seemed to assume I was fresh off the boat, green, unlearned in practical things. She gave me a mentor her first week in even though I've been working at the pool for six months already and have never had a mentor before. I haven't had any trouble at work and all my reviews and evaluations have come out with no problems. The classes I'm being "mentored" for, I've already taught several times. My "mentor" doesn't actually do anything. She herself, Hailey, I believe her name is, is weak. She's small, frail, and afraid of confrontation. She cannot make eye contact, looks out to the side when speaking, and turns her body away. She doesn't know how to command respect for whatever experience she has. She likely has only aabout 4 or 5 more months experience than I do because I don't find it especially likely she's past grade 12. She's another one of those people who's unable to or is afraid of admitting they don't know something or explaining something without doing so like a pedant. She, as so many others are, seems to feel the need to impress others and be more than real, better than a common person trying to get through it all only to meet an imaginary standard, not to be pompous. Anyway, I lost track of what I was going to write about; my boss. She's a cunt alright. She has twice told me to ask others for help as though I were a new hire. Is it because I look young? For the summer session, she was apparently only able to give 24 of the 31 instructors hours and guess who was one of the 7 people short changed, this guy.

pls no hate me. I never intended to share this but this is anonymous so...

1/2
>>
>>28755424
I asked her to contact other pools to see if they had any hours for me but she hasn't responded yet. A few weeks ago, she insisted I was late getting my summer commitent form in even though I still had a week to get it in. She emailed me, phoned my house, and told at least 8 people according to one of those people to come up to me at work and remind me that my form is late. This tarnished whatever reputation of anything but lazy and procrastinant I had before. It doesn't actually matter, I understand that. I understand that people are a lot more forgiving that my gut reaction says and that they legitemately don't care the vast majority of the time but still, it was either intentional or negligent on her part.

2/2
>>
i write books as a hobby

wrote a play
novel
number of short stories
a few articles and essays
half way through a second novel
have two more planned and notes written

currently in the process of refining and trying to get them published

with explain ideas and post samples if requested
>>
>>28756245
post sample plox
>>
I help build a machine that allows people to share dreams. The machine makes us all agressive and have sociopathic tendencies. However, it also makes us expendentaily smarter because, we our opening more brain pathways by sharing each other REM brain functions.
I aways feared if I shared my fantasy it will never happen or someone would steat my idea. It's okay, I might kill myself soon. Subconscious, I been collecting drugs to kill myself with. I just noticed a few days ago. I noticed that I have drugs that can kill me, I have been collecting them without real noticing. I'm not sure if it's a contingent plan If the next few month go well or I been planing it for years. Either way I know, my dream will live on for a few seconds in your guys minds. My other post are just about Nitchize and Jung...... I'd hope to make a friend here but, everyone here just wants to be a lone or pussy. Hopefully I'll make a friend in IRD soon...
>>
I write awful, high school - tier poetry. If anyone wants to read it I'll post some. it's pretty bad stuff desu, but it's just about the only thing that keeps me sane these days.
>>
All right, I'll just post something I wrote

It's a hot summer night. The windows are open. Lights flash, cars drive by outside. The bed's too hot to sleep in. All the blankets are piled in the corner. As the AC blows into the room, the possibility of sleep becomes increasingly remote.

Now it's two in the morning. Open the window. Look out. Try to find unconsciousness somewhere in the blurry city lights and the constant line of cars rushing like veins towards hearts unknown and unseen.

On the street below, there's a shuffling movement. Streetlights turn a man orange under their glow. He's wearing a suit and tie, holds a briefcase, seems asleep or sleepwalking. Behind him is a woman, mid thirties, a housewife maybe, or a schoolteacher. Behind her, another. The line of people marches past like army ants on their way to an anthill from some distant piece of food or drop of water.

Where are they going? What are they doing? The sight of them brings unease, maybe, or longing.

There's a faint aftertaste of loneliness in these questions. Could you follow them? Perhaps you could. Perhaps you could go with them, towards their unseen destination. Perhaps.

But not tonight. Close the window. Crawl into the now-cold bed, draw the blankets near. The line of people marches past the darkness of the room, now, and paints scenes of ancient battle and intrigue on the walls. Eyes close. The line marches through closed lids, and into the land of myth, fable, dreamtime.

The vision through the window chases you far into the morning, riding on the sunlight slanting through the window, long after the night has ended and the shadows have departed and all mysteries appear solved and forgotten.
>>
bump. this is one of the better threads on r9k right now, I hope it doesn't die.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.