[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Want to learn how to draw >Every-time I go to attempt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1395254896318.jpg (46 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1395254896318.jpg
46 KB, 680x684
>Want to learn how to draw
>Every-time I go to attempt it I feel disgusted with myself for some reason
>>
IKTF, I usually just end up drawing vaginas. I had to stop doing that because I was at work a lot.
>>
>I used to draw a lot as a kid
>I was never very good, but it was fun and a good way to pass time in school
>In middleschool, I had a crush on this girl
>We both liked Inuyasha, so to impress her I drew Inuyasha
>It was shit and she told me it was shit
>Talked about Douchebag McEmo who she rides the bus with and is able to draw Inuyasha perfectly
>Told me she had a crush on him
>Never drew again
>>
>>28737512
literally anything else would have been cooler than inuyasha
>>
>>28737530
Inuyasha was what she was into, and I also had shit taste in anime back then.
>>
>>28737463
Keep drawing, anon. Your drawings will always look like shit to you. To other people, however, they'll look better and better the more you practice. Just remember that each and every drawing you produce will make you a better artist.
>>
>>28737463
am art/design student

hi
best way to start is to
>determine what you want to draw
>determine the medium of art, as in what you use to draw.
>be it pen, pencil, paint or whatever you may think of, it helps you narrow down what to improve.

if you can give me these two things, i can give you more detailed advice, being the ideal artstyle for you.

eg1
>im a product design student
>we learn how to design items like maybe vacuum cleaners or headphones to maybe furniture.
>therefore we use more realistic and efficient artstyle to showcase our work
>google: product design concept sketches

eg2
>i draw people (fine art)
>i draw portraits
>so we tend to use more realistic artstyle
>focusing more on shadows and lighting, etc
>google: fine art portrait drawing

so it really depends on
>intended subject (what you wanna draw)
>intended medium (what you'll use to draw)
>intended style (it would be inaccurate to compare it to fonts.)

good luck anon. reply if you want more help.
drawfag out.
>>
>>28737635
Lewd sexy-sexy anime babes
Either through a wacom tablet I recently bought or mechanical pencils because I can get rotring ones free every so often
>>
File: 004.jpg (221 KB, 971x1400) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
221 KB, 971x1400
>>28738048
anatomy it is then.
by pencil/wacom.

personally i recommend that you use pencils first.

copy anime chicks. you want lewd? go try tracing them hentai chicks and learn anatomy at the same time, then figure out how everything fits together.
art is theft-picasso

from black and white, you can slowly transition to color, using markers/ color pencils. do learn shading and hatching patterns. will be very useful and relevant for anime sketching, especially shadowing.

after you got the hang of it, then use your wacom, and try to get used to the system. dont use it first, or else you'll get lazy and reliant on the convenience of the tablet and wont be able to do as well on paper.

cheers nigger
>>
>>28738180
Thank you drawfag
>>
File: 015.jpg (279 KB, 971x1400) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
279 KB, 971x1400
>>28738321
you r a welcum
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.