[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else a total weirdo due to their upbringing? I was homeschooled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: asdf.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
101 KB, 500x366
Anyone else a total weirdo due to their upbringing?

I was homeschooled and socially isolated growing up and now I'm a total weirdo, It's like I've got autism

I'm trying to correct it and be normal but it's hard. This is the one life I get and my parents fuck it up for me.
>>
I inherited a lot of the social beta characteristics of my father, but after I got older I grew out of it.

>tfw more alpha than my father
>>
>>28729164

dont worry once you get to college it works out. it's almost like the more eccentric you are, the cooler you are.
>>
Yes. I was also homeschooled and had to learn to socialize when they sent me to a public high school. Got bullied for the first year, eventually the non-stop human contact helped me unfuck myself and I made friends and got a gf. It's still difficult a decade later, I have to force myself into as much social contact as possible, preferably with touching (dance, massage), or I revert back into a homebody introvert autist. It still comes out if I'm not very careful with my words, just last weekend at a dinner party I drank too much said some aspie stuff and I probably won't be invited back around those people. Whatever, it's a muscle, gotta keep working on it and see the losses as practice.
>>
>>28729164
I understand that basic feel. My parents were old school and believed in obedience above all else: I was a great kid in the way people consider a dog to be a good dog; always doing what it's told and staying quiet and out of the way. Now I have to constantly make conscientious efforts to not get stepped on and taken advantage of by literally everybody I have to interact with...shit sucks man.

I also have this super shitty hipster-tier need to be original as possible, even to a fault because I wasn't allowed to believe I had my own thoughts as a kid either: "You only think/said that because _________ said that."

My parents really meant well, but I don't think they forsaw that backfiring like it did.

I just have to deal with it I guess.
>>
I was severely obese as a child, it kind of fucked me up during education.
>>
>>28729250
I've noticed that.

[Not original]
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.