[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone redpill me on wageslaving.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 15
File: 145710.png (60 KB, 365x336) Image search: [Google]
145710.png
60 KB, 365x336
Someone redpill me on wageslaving.
>>
File: 1462157705194.jpg (41 KB, 499x319) Image search: [Google]
1462157705194.jpg
41 KB, 499x319
>>28722256
Humans weren't ever meant to do it
>>
>>28722256
>2016
>still no basic income
>humans have to excuse their existence by putting in countless ours of "labour" that is underpaid and overworked
>the job center is literally called HUMAN RESOURCES

i'm not against work, i'm just sick of being a slave to a system that exploits the shit out of every hour of this shitty life

It's not freedom, you don't have a choice. if you want to live in a somewhat civilized neighbourhood you need money that can only be acquired through labor

and not everyone has money for college.

it's just a system set up to confine and make sure people stay in line

Neet life is not the best but i would rather spend my time the way i choose than having to punch in a card 6 days a week for years

it sucks the life out of me

i hate this

i want to die
>>
File: cap.jpg (168 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
168 KB, 500x596
>>28722256
>Someone redpill me on wageslaving

just read this book
>>
95% people will center their life around a job they don't particularly care for, or even hate, because they can't afford not to work. They don't even know what they'd do with their lives if they didn't have to spend most of their energy and thoughts on just scraping by.
5% will somehow escape the hamster-wheel, making enough money that they can actually pursue their dreams, and 'what would you do if you had $1 million dollars' becomes a serious question for them.
>>
>>28722924
Basic Income will not happen for at least 50 years, and I would not be surprised if it was 100

Some of your arguments are dumb as shit. "Human resources" Yes, people are resources to achieving a goal. Go figure.

Who would do the jobs if nobody had to work? What kind of people would they be? Look at kids who had everything handed to them and never worked for anything. They turn out to be lazy, entitled, shitheads. (Look at the new /r9k/)

I don't believe everything will be automated for a long time. Bankers, Police Officers, Therapists, Doctors, Teachers, Child Carers, Executive Chefs, etc. it's going to take a very long time to replace these people and what kind of world would we live in? I don't want my future children or grandchildren taught by robots or taken care of by a robot.

I'm not rich by any means. But I'm working my ass off to go to school because I love learning and I want to build a better future. The system isn't perfect and it never will be, the drive to improve is human. Those who would rather sit around on their asses until they die, deserve an early death.
>>
>>28723434
oh believe me if my parents were not alive i would already be gone.

I don't want things handed to me, i want a choice, not an obligation

good for you
>>
File: smugmises.jpg (15 KB, 246x328) Image search: [Google]
smugmises.jpg
15 KB, 246x328
>>28722962
>marxfag

Not surprised considering most of y'all robots are pathetic parasites, either way I'm united with y'all thanks to tfw no gf.

>tfw cyborg minarchist libertarian

pic sorta related
>>
>>28722730
I would say a working salary is the least offensive of things humans are currently doing that they shouldn't be doing.
>>
>>28723488
>I don't want things handed to me!
>but I want "free" money handed to me so I can "choose" to not have to work
>>
>>28724054

>freedom
>6 days work week
>10 hours
>only 1200 euros

yeah i'm pretty sure i don't want that either

A handout is different from an enabling choice, i'm not asking for money because i don't want to work, i'm asking for money because there's no other way to survive.

Work should not be an obligation

But a choice

i didn't ask for 3 mansions and a luxury car i'm asking for a small cell with decent internet

I want to be able to go out and train my dog

and not come home and feel like a zombie, already thinking about the dread of the next day

But what ever, we have different point's of view, basic income liberates people, the system that is in place now only blocks people from doing something other than excusing their existence through labor. Only because that allows them to buy food and nothing else.

there's plenty of examples , colonies of people living in the woods by farming etc, but that still has required them to toil for years.

Live and work to acquire your freedom slave

god i wish to die
>>
>>28724156
> i'm not asking for money because i don't want to work
>i'm asking for money because there's no other way to survive.

Think about what you're saying. Dear God you're painfully stupid. Yes, there is a way to live. Work. That is called a choice. And you choose not to work. No, you don't have to work six hours a week, for 10 hours shift. You choose to limit your views to excuse yourself from work. Think of all the opportunities. It is a big fucking world. You choose not not to work and find them.

Yes, people work so that they can survive. That is literally the culmination of all life and evolution. If you don't like the normal work week, you go and live off the land. Except you don't want to do that either, because it's effort. (Work)

You don't really wish to die. If you did, you'd have already done it. You're just a lazy piece of garbage.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 409x409
>>28722256
Look at this smug frog's face. Just look at it, really study it. That's all the redpill you need
>>
It's fucking awful but I really don't know what else to do

Honestly I'll probably kill myself by 30, my job is shit and I'm only barely above the poverty line.
>>
>>28723434
He never said no one should have to work.

He implied that we work excessively like slaves you fucking funny k.

(Phone auto'd that. Just gonna leave it.)
>>
>>28724565
no my parents are still alive i can't bring that shame to them

Reading about suicide it destroys the family members and they never recover, i have to wait a couple of years for them to go, then i'll be finally free from this shit

Believe it or not

it's not a choice, i don't have one, i'm trying to save money, but with my dad's heart problems getting worse it's hard to stay behind the bills.

Work is the only way this society excuses existence, it's an obligation

Basic income should be a concept easy to understand, having the freedom not to work doesn't mean people won't work.

It's a safenet.

But i guess you know better

Some have the luxury of living in nice countries and having government help, some are less lucky and have to toil away until death.

While for some it's a choice believe it or not i can't go away from this job and move somewhere else because i don't have a safety net, there's nothing that prevents me from falling into a spiral of money problems.

But let's see these new and shiny green arrows, i'm curious.

What are you gonna study?

what do you hope to achieve?
>>
File: 1452896136624.jpg (75 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
1452896136624.jpg
75 KB, 440x660
>>28724594
every time

mute the fuck outta me
>>
>>28722256
>In the morning when thou risest unwillingly, let this thought be present-I am rising to the work of a human being. Why then am I dissatisfied ifI am going to do the things for which I exist and for which I was broughtinto the world? Or have I been made for this, to lie in the bed-clothesand keep myself warm?- But this is more pleasant.- Dost thou exist thento take thy pleasure, and not at all for action or exertion? Dost thounot see the little plants, the little birds, the ants, the spiders, thebees working together to put in order their several parts of the universe?"

That's from Marcus Aurelius. The truest red pill of all is that it's only wage slavery if you think of it as slavery. You should work, for yourself and only yourself. Either way don't be a little bitch and make sour grapes excuses, just admit you're lazy.
>>
>>28722256
>wtf

Trade unions might be what you're looking for.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>28724594
This is all the redpill you need.
>>
>>28724787
But you don't work for yourself, you work for megacorps and people above you, they figuratively own you.

And thinking that is not slavery is telling yourself a lie.

You have a choice not to work, but that comes not only with the burden of being called a lazy fuck because you are not excusing your existence through labor but also with the detrimental hardships of not having the currency to get yourself food.

you could live off of land and animals etc, but then again all the land is private or state owned.

so you first need to get the money to get the land to live off of easily.

There is no choice and that is the problem, there's only the illusion of choice
>>
>>28724914

Well then why don't you just kill yourself if it's so hard to be a human being that's a part of the human race? It's not your fault or anyone's fault that we're social creatures who must rely on one another for survival.

Nobodies fault, but that's simply how it is. Its like getting mad that the sun is bright and it hurts to look at. It simply is a reality, and trying to pretend you're rejecting it by not working is a lie. You're simply relying on the good nature of others to get by, which is pathetic. Especially because you're not being honest about it, that you're just lazy.
>>
>>28722256

Look, it's really simple. wageslaving is shameful and awful, but it's not that bad of a life most of the time.

There are 2 major things to consider:

1. you're paid a hilariously small amount of money to piss your life away. The rich get richer and mock you for being their slaves. It is a low and shameful life and it is the definition of how humanity is evil to humanity.

2. in the modern world, a lot of jobs you can get if you're not a total retard allow you to live in a warm, safe home, eat healthy food, and have leisure time/entertianment. in terms of how people have usually lived in the past, that's not that bad.

So the red pill truth is that you're a tool being used and a slave to people who hate you and think of you as a wrom, the same way that you think of homeless drug addicts, but also you get to eat cheese and drink beers and sleep in a bed with warm sheets and that can be pretty okay compared to being a complete loser.
>>
>>28724991
i already said it multiple times, i have to wait for my parents to die first, then i can be free.

I can't do that to them

Also it's not about getting mad, it's about the truth and the reality of it, we have the resources, but the ruling class does not care for it's people, it's veiled slavery, and again the lazy stigma is something that it's being brought up every time, i wish to go skiing and climb some small mountain wall, i wish to train my dog to Sieg Heil, i wish to learn milling and metal working, but i don't have that freedom, i am forced to schedule my life around a "job" that is supposed to be what makes man, man. It's just ridiculous.
>>
>>28725112

We have the resources and those things you want to do because of the efforts of other people to create them. Do you think a ski resort just looked that way naturally? Do you think dogs started off fluffy and willing to learn how to praise Hitler? Who do you think created that rock wall, that forge? 'Wageslaves' did.

And you too could contribute to that amazing unified human society which gives us such fun things, taking your reward duly for your level of effort. True, you won't have all the free time that you like but there would be free time. Giving you the ability to value it all the more.

You seem to want the benefits of a society others have built without acknowledging the effort it took to create it. Not only lazy, but ungrateful
>>
>>28725510
A society has been built, there is only to maintain it.

You seem to think i don't value what we have, the infrastructures the roads the hospitals, the sanitation systems, clean water. i do very much so i am grateful to it, but that's not the point, i don't want to exploit it, i want everyone to be able to chose . whether to spend time with their kids or punching hours at the office, or spending time with loved ones instead of working overtime because you need the money so you can spend some more than deserved holidays with your gf

There is no purpose for humans to work anymore we could free ourselves from that, but like i said, we don't live in the human society you depict , in this glorious and magnificent place, we live in a world where the ruling class values the working class as cattle.

I would be glad to work and do it for the good of a community which values it, but i don't want to do it AND BE FORCED to by giant corps that have nothing but profit margins in head.

Sorry but reality is that we are cattle, comply and enter the butchering willingly or you will be butchered whether you want it or not

When i listed the things i wanted to do i didn't mean for them to fall into my lap, i just said these are things i can't do because my time is scheduled around something i have no choice over, and to have fun i have to first gain the currency that gains me access to the fun.

The single most precious resources we have it's time, and it's spent having 40 hours of freedom per week (well atleast for me) out of which 16 are spent sleeping because i need to , everyone sleeps.

cont...
>>
>>28725510
cont...

And i'm already dreading monday with every bit of my soul.

The fundamental issue i want to bring up again is, there is no choice, only the illusion of that, and yeah sure the lazy stigma comes up because, HOW DARE YOU NOT WANTING TO WORK, what else are you gonna do?

I honestly can't wait to be killed on my way to work, i need to improve my odds and buy a bicycle and not have proper lighting at night, maybe some drunk headed fuck can hit me on saturday.

That would be great

Another statistic for next year data research on drivers and the dangers of alcohol

One can only dream
>>
Damn working sucks I had to wake up at 5:30 today
>>
>>28724596
Not quite suicidal myself but feel similar about work. Stupid thing is that I know from past experience that if I wasn't working, I'd just vegitate in my flat, do fuck all, eat unhealthily, gain weight again and turn into a complete fucking sad sack. Work's almost like a bastard gym/forced interaction centre where you have to get out there and do shit for your cash.

I dunno. Can't help but think it must have been easier thousands of years ago when you just made fires, went out and killed shit, ate it and fucked the nearest cavewoman when you fancied it.
>>
Only way to win is to be your own boss somehow, other than that you're somebodies bitch.
>>
>>28725827
>nobody works anymore
>power goes out, nobody works power plants
>water isn't being made potable by sewage plants
>roads fall apart
>nothing in grocery stores anymore, no more farmers
>no more transportation
>no law enforcement, people just steal and kill as they please
>no more new clothing, just use whats already been made

So we would have to grow our own food and hunt, create shelter, find usable water sources, create our own clothing etc etc... which is all, you know, work.

Yeah, your shitty job for some corporation selling bullshit doesn't seem important, but there is no such thing as not working if there is no semblance of government structure and other people working. They don't just print NEETbux out of nowhere to keep you at home without burdening the rest of society with taxes.
>>
>>28727710
We have all the means to automatize every bit of our society.

Sounds crazy but with enough research and if companies like ibm and google could fuse we could have the first robotic industrial revolution.

There would be no need for money because there is no need for a job.

Everything could be grown in sized quantities and not overgrown and thrown away like it is now, finally meat would stop being harvested the way it is, we could stop every single wrong there is in the world by simply liberating ourselves.

Human touch would be still required but it would be extremely minimal, overtime robots could learn to fix themselves and we can finally start developing prolonged stasis and start space exploration.
>>
>>28722256
Dead end jobs are just that.
If you don't want to be a slave you have to commit yourself to a job with opportunity to advance
For me it was roofing
Shitty job that nobody wants to do but I'm making good money and will one day be my own boss and have my own wageslaves
>>
>>28727982
every body needs a roof
>>
>>28722256
>redpill me on wageslaving.
The term explains itself
>>
>>28727828

You're delusional and still shifting the goal posts. Because you know what all that full automation would take? Fucking work. And sure you and I aren't smart enough or interested enough in designing the miracle robots but we can contribute to the society that's rapidly approaching the singularity.

You can bitch and complain but ironically you and other complainers and NEETs are the ones holding human progress back. You have your role to play in the human story and you'd rather mope and play video games and jerk off to anime. Your self defeatist attitude is an excuse nothing more.

Our world has only approached this utopian singularity on the labor of hard workers. Who busted their ass and were rewarded for it. Not as much as we'd always like, but it's anything but slavery.
>>
File: Podracing.png (548 KB, 1159x763) Image search: [Google]
Podracing.png
548 KB, 1159x763
>>28722256
most people scrolling through this thread will only read the responses that have images that catch their attention

and no one is going to change their opinions based on anything written here

no one is going to read or learn anything here that they havent already learned or read before
>>
>>28728119
> you and other complainers and NEETs are the ones holding human progress back.

yeah totally, not the ruling class pushing absurd law and treating workers like dogshit, making people work endless hours and getting paid the same, i'm sure you can still find it very heroic for people to work under a form of government that is completely unnecessary and antiquate.

What you fail to grasp is that i don't have anything against those who work, but against those who people work for.

and your endless stream of insults doesn't help.
>>
File: 1456616323645.jpg (179 KB, 2020x1322) Image search: [Google]
1456616323645.jpg
179 KB, 2020x1322
>>28728225
but since it's saturday night and this is r9k we might aswell argue.

it's not like we have anything better to do.
>>
File: Goodtimes.png (880 KB, 820x483) Image search: [Google]
Goodtimes.png
880 KB, 820x483
>>28728307
thats true

im not gonna accomplish anything better
>>
>complaining about working to be able to afford living like a king in a first world country
>>
File: 800px-Nietzsche187a.jpg (188 KB, 800x1085) Image search: [Google]
800px-Nietzsche187a.jpg
188 KB, 800x1085
"Every profession man undertakes is initially a means to an end. Over time the profession becomes an end onto itself and the man a means to it"
>>
File: 1462658390774.jpg (40 KB, 363x302) Image search: [Google]
1462658390774.jpg
40 KB, 363x302
>>28728384
keeps the typing skills sharp

>>28728402
yeah we should work in a first world and move to a shithole

that sounds great
>>
>>28723434
its not about productivity question, its how replaceable a worker is nowadays, labor is getting cheaper every second because of birthrates
>>
work is the thing i hate most. some of you rats got lucky and have a "job" that pays high and expects little of you. in fact this crooked system relies on there being enough of those to keep enough of the population happy.

the truth is though the real productive jobs are usually the lowest compensated and the only people stuck doing them are those in desperate situations or who don't know any better. if you've done one of those jobs i don't need to redpill you on work, you know how horrible it is and you know you would do anything to get out.

most of you don't do work though, you just bowed and scraped or sucked enough dick to get your place on the distribution line making $11 an hour to be your bosses servant. i have very little respect for those people.

i mean i really don't know what to tell you. if you aren't averse to working already i've got news for you: you haven't done any real work. if you have an easy job where you're compensated well, i hope the ennui drives you insane and that hell is a real place where they torture whores forever and the people who were slaves in life can rest peacefully.
>>
File: 1462649676513.jpg (41 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1462649676513.jpg
41 KB, 500x544
>>28728967
i share your pain

and get muted for it
>>
File: 1460482784812.jpg (145 KB, 624x950) Image search: [Google]
1460482784812.jpg
145 KB, 624x950
>>28723434
Kek
What are you, like 15?
>>
>>28728967
>the truth is though the real productive jobs are usually the lowest compensated

this is simply untrue
>>
>>28722924
>It's not freedom, you don't have a choice.

What time period are you comparing this to?
At no time in history have you had as much choice about where you want to work and for how long, than today

>I don't want to contribute to society, my toilet flushing doesn't require labor at the other end, my running tap just runs doesn't it? Electricity is just magic right?

You're living better than the kings of 1100AD and you actually think you're trapped.

>I'm a simple farmer from 500AD and my potato's are wilting, guess I die now

basic income is the most moronic selfish thing I can think of, you deserve money because why? what did you do to deserve money?
>>
File: 1435764168523.jpg (7 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
1435764168523.jpg
7 KB, 276x183
>>28722256
It exists solely to take away any and all time you could be using to enjoy your short time on this planet.
>>
>>28724156
>Work should not be an obligation

>But a choice

So in your fantasy civilisation, nobody wants to work sewage because they get enough money not to.
So the demand for sewage workers goes up and the starting wage for a sewage worker has to go up to entice more people to work there.
The cost of sewage goes up, now basic income can't pay for your water bill.
better increase basic income to account for that, now people don't have to work in sewage any more because basic income went up.
and repeat.

How do you not understand that it's lazy shits like you who can't appreciate the basic things in life like a fucking running tap, that shit wasn't around 500 years ago.

>6 days work week
>10 hours
>only 1200 euros

holy shit that's a lot of money, I live great on 1/4 of that.
wtf is this shit? I work 4-5 days a week for 8 hours a day. If you're tired and dread working all the time, your diet is probably shit.

>i'm asking for a small cell with decent internet

What makes you think this is the line that will be drawn? Why wouldn't people just take more and more? atm you can do nothing, and you will have nothing, access to water is already a fundamental right so the only thing you have to worry about is acquiring food, and you're living in a place and time where that is easier than ever before, so what's the matter?
>>
>>28724752
>Basic income should be a concept easy to understand, having the freedom not to work doesn't mean people won't work.

Yes, it does, you're a prime example. If basic income existed, you wouldn't be working, many people like yourself wouldn't be working, the economy would crash so damn fast.
>>
>>28725112
>we have the resources

No, we don't, where are your stats for that?

>i wish to go skiing and climb some small mountain wall, i wish to train my dog to Sieg Heil, i wish to learn milling and metal working
They're called hobbies and everyone but you partakes in them.
I do similar things, work 40-45 hours a week, but that's because I live by myself and not with my ill parents like you. You're not representative of society. Stop saying the ruling class is keep us all down, it's simply not true
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.