[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost in Dungeon Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: Dungeon1.png (20 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon1.png
20 KB, 474x397
You are an adventure for hire. You have recently been hired to find a magical ring inside a dungeon. You accepted the request. Unfortunately when you were exploring the dungeon, a monster tore half of your map off, and ate it. On the torn half of the map was your location, so you are now lost. You come to a dead end of the dungeon.
Your current inventory(Backpack) consists of:
1. Half of the dungeon´s map
2. A lighter
3. A bread
4. Three healing potions
5. Two empty bottles
6. A flask of water
You have equipped a Torch, a pair of Goggles, a Blade, a Backpack, and your usual Clothes.
What do?
>>
>>40631
So is this first to respond?
Dice roll?
Dubs?
>>
>>40631
Knock on walls to find a secret passage!
>>
>>40640
Ah, i completely forgot about that, sorry, but i guess dice roll is the best choice.
>>
>>40631
Seconding >>40642.
>>
>>40642
>>40668

You guys are morons. You're never going to find anything by knocking on walls randomly. You need to go and find that monster and get the map back or you'll have no hope of ever finding the ring.
>>
>>40665
Inspect the walls for anything significant.
>>
>>40688
Forgot to roll.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>40692
Wtf roll dammit.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

Go back to where you saw the monster and make a lot of noise to lure it towards you
>>
File: Dungeon2.png (23 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon2.png
23 KB, 474x397
>>40642
>>40668
>>40688
You knock on the walls, no secret passage found, but a brick falls down from the ceiling.
You inspect the walls. They are just regular walls.
What do you do?
>>
Rolled 41 (1d1000)

>>40725
The secret door mus be in the ceiling! Quick, climb through!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>40725
Pick up the brick; we might need it to weigh down a trap's / puzzle's pressure plate.

Look at the hole in the ceiling - is there anything strange up there?

If there's nothing strange there, walk back down the passage the way we came.
>>
>>40734
How? You don´t have rope, or something similar
>>
File: Dungeon3.png (14 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon3.png
14 KB, 474x397
>>40740
You pick up the brick, it is now inside your backpack. You look at the hole in the ceiling. Hardened sand-ice, nothing new for you.
You proceed to walk back down the passage where you came from.
(Sorry for being late, computer restarted while drawing was not saved.)
>>
>>40800
No worries.

Are we at another decision point?
>>
>>40631
>>40800
use healing potion on sand-ice
>>
File: Dungeon4.png (24 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon4.png
24 KB, 474x397
On your way, a silhouette wolf ambushes you!
What do you do?

>>40816
(Sorry, you can always re-enter your command later)
>>
>>40846
Advance slowly towards it with our torch held aggressively in front of us.
>>
File: Dungeon5.png (17 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon5.png
17 KB, 474x397
>>40857
You aggressively hold torch towards the wolf and advance slowly to it. It looks like it´s backing away, scared of the torch.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>40904
Hm I guess we could throw the brick at it and hope it will run away.

Otherwise thinking we keep pushing it back till we can down another path.
>>
>>40904
Start walking faster and faster towards it so it doesn't get used to the torch.

Don't throw the brick.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>41071
>>40904
>>
>>41071
Fair. I'm just not sure what else to do to scare it away. I feel if it's hungry fire alone will not stop it.
>>
>>41098
That might be the case, but I don't want us to throw the brick and have the noise attract a stronger monster.

If this doesn't work then maybe we should throw the brick or use the lighter somehow.
>>
>>40915
>>41071
>>41084
>>41098
>>41112
Shit, sorry, i was updating another thread and i forgot about this one. So the final decision is just to aggressively hold the torch to the wolf?
>>
>>41154
But to throw the brick at it if things go south.
>>
>>41167
>>41154
Yup.

Also what other thread? I may as well check it out.
>>
File: Dungeon6.png (25 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon6.png
25 KB, 474x397
>>41167
>>41188
You continue to harass the wolf with the torch, but suddenly it vanishes. When you look down, you catch a glimpse of the wolf´s shadow escaping. He turns left, and disappears from your sight. You get a feeling you are less safe than before.
What do you do?

(The other thread is dead most of the time, and it´s my first thread on /qst/ so it´s pretty shitty, there are lots of more quality quests on this board.)
>>
>>41237
Continue exploring the dungeon. Keep our sword ready.

(Well, I think this quest is better than most of the quests on this board; but as pretty much none of the /tg/ quests moved over to /qst/, that doesn't say much.)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>41237
Check behind us if nothing. Listen for anything that could stand out.

If most of the people/players on here are form the states it's going to be dead. No worries, you are at least trying.
>>
File: Dungeon7.gif (27 KB, 474x397) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon7.gif
27 KB, 474x397
>>41292
>>41298
You checked if something was behind you, but there was only wall. You head the opposite way the shadow wolf went, just to be safe, and you keep your sword ready. You come to a hole in the path. It looks like the hole is deep, but not deep enough that jumping in could kill you. As you listen, you hear some rustling from the hole.

(Sorry that it´s black and white, it was faster. I had to some work, and after a short break i still have to finish it.)
(Could you link me some of the best /tg/ quests in your opinion? I´d like to read them)
>>
Fiddle with my pecker.
>>
>>41692
Running at the moment:

>Girls Und Panzer: Lafayette Girls Academy Quest 2
A Girls und Panzer quest.

>Sleeping Gods Quest
A fantasy quest, like a grimmer Touhou. The MC solves supernatural problems in 19th-century not-Japan.

I won't plug my own quest here, because it was pretty awful and I don't know whether I'll pick it up again.
>>
>>41692
It's all good, take your breaks as needed. You wouldn't be the only quest runner who does that.

I say we wait a sec to see if something comes out. Then move in to peek down.
>>
>>41692
Seconding >>41896.
>>
>>41692
Yo I just found this thread is OP gone?
>You asked for links to quests, here's a newer one, the author is really good and usually on everyday
>>
Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

this is a test
>>
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/16448#bottom
>forgot to post the link
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK