[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GENERIC RPG QUEST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: dungeon.jpg (100 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.jpg
100 KB, 900x600
You wake up in a tower's prison. After a quick examination of the outside, you find your bones would be paste when you hit the ground, so you don't bother. The front of your cell has rusting iron bars covering it, abandoned by any guards. You have to get out, you know this. But... who are you?

This will be a multiplayer RPG quest, with a party of four!
I will be posting race and class lists, along with the character sheet. Sit tight!
>>
File: races.png (613 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
races.png
613 KB, 800x1000
If you have any questions about races and classes, just ask and I will post their abilities and stats, etc.
>>
File: classes.png (636 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
classes.png
636 KB, 800x1000
>>
File: character sheet.png (29 KB, 1716x1574) Image search: [Google]
character sheet.png
29 KB, 1716x1574
There will be a shared team inventory of gold, and a mutual EXP pool based off however many monsters you killed.

Every time you kill an enemy or complete a quest, you will get an amount of experience that corresponds with how hard the enemy was, and will include any possible bonuses that may be because of potion effects or gear passives. Your team shares the experience you get,and this pool has a certain cap at which you will level up. Every 3 levels, each party member will get to pick from a pool of traits, as well as allocate 5 stat points as you see fit every level.
>>
>>33524
>goblin!
>pyromancer
>>
>>33524
>>33536
Cyclops paladin.
>>
>>33524
>>33536
>Golem Paladin
>>
>>33826
Pyromancer: Gets +2 INT and +1 AGI permanently: Equips staves and flames.
BLINK-Evade the next instance of damage taken. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
CONE OF FLAME-Deal damage to the target enemy equal to your INT, and then damage equal to your AGI to another target enemy. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
FIREBALL-Deal damage to target enemy equal to half of your INT. COOLDOWN: 1 TURN
FLAME SWATHE-Deal damage to all enemies equal to your INT plus half of your AGI, and then take damage equal to half of your max HP. COOLDOWN: 5 TURNS
WARMTH-Heal two players of your party equal to half of your INT. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS

Goblin:
1 STR
5 AGI
1 INT
Can use PICKPOCKET to roll for two numbers between 1-5 to steal gold from target non-combat NPC. If the NPC is in a group or faction, and you fail, they will also become aggressive.

>>33869
Cyclops:
5 STR
1 AGI
1 INT
Can use SMASH to instantly kill target non-boss enemy in combat every 5 fights (victories); you cannot loot the body of the enemy killed. Cyclopes are one eyed and one horned, massive and stupid humanoids.

Paladin: Gets +2 STR and +1 INT permanently: Equips shields, hammers and swords
SHIELD-Take a quarter less of damage dealt on the next instance of damage taken. COOLDOWN: 1 TURN
POUND-Deal damage to target enemy equal to half of your STR. COOLDOWN: 1 TURN
FLASH OF LIGHT- Target enemy is unable to attack next turn. COOLDOWN: 2 TURNS
BATTLE SHOUT: PALADIN-If target enemy casts a healing spell on its next turn, deal damage equal to what it would have healed to it. If it were to damage an ally, heal targeted ally for half of what the damage would have been. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
RESONANT HOLY ORB-Damage target enemy equal to your INT, and heal target ally equal to your INT. COOLDOWN: 4 TURNS

>>33886
Golem:
3 STR
2 AGI
2 INT
Can use ENERGETIC SALVO to deal damage equal to your level times 2 to a target enemy every 3 fights. Golems are masses of stone loosely floating together to form a humanoid body, laced with colorful plasma that fills in the gaps.

See the above for paladin details.

To lock in, fill out your character sheet. Remember: Along with base stats, you have 5 extra skill points to allocate at your level (1)
>>
>>33921
No equipment to start off with, right?
>>
OP do you count as a player? If not can I join as a Human Sorcerer?
>>
>>33966
Nope.
>>
>>33989
Nope, go ahead.

Human:
2 STR
1 AGI
4 INT
Can use CRAFTSMANSHIP to utilize material in the group inventory to repair damaged armor/weapon for themselves and other allies. You know what humans look like, right?

Sorcerer: Gets +3 INT permanently: Equips tomes and orbs.
ARCANE VOLLEY-Deal damage to target enemy equal to half of your INT, and then the same amount of damage dealt to the enemy again at the start of your next turn. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
FROSTFIRE BLAST-Deal damage equal to three quarters of your INT to target enemy, and choose one: Cause the enemy to deal three quarters of its full damage on its next attack, or deal extra damage equal to one quarter of your INT stat. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
LEVITATE-Out combat, allows you to float across crevasses and such. Use in combat to dodge the next instance of damage. COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
POLYMORPH-Prevent target enemy from acting on its next turn. COOLDOWN: 4 TURNS
ARCANE MISSILE-Deal damage to target enemy equal to half of your INT. COOLDOWN: 1 TURN
>>
File: character sheet 1.jpg (282 KB, 1716x1574) Image search: [Google]
character sheet 1.jpg
282 KB, 1716x1574
Thanks, does this look alright?
>>
>>34103
Yea, looks good.
>>
Are others filling in their sheets or what?
>>
File: Hal Omnia.png (380 KB, 1716x1574) Image search: [Google]
Hal Omnia.png
380 KB, 1716x1574
Bad name, I know. Made the shit up on the fly.
>>
Ogre paladin here. Sorry I'm being so long. Is CHR charisma?
>>
>>34195
That's fine.
>>34197
Yep!
>>
File: skrdpatient.png (270 KB, 1201x1102) Image search: [Google]
skrdpatient.png
270 KB, 1201x1102
Here we go. Sorry about the wait. Picture's not perfect either but I just grabbed something quickly.
>>
In lieu of >muh balance, I'm going to change skill points gotten each level from 5 -> 2, so that people don't immediately max their stuff.
>>
Want us to take 3 away now or just for the future?
>>
>>34295
Good choice.
>>
>>34316
It's for the future, it's alright at level one.
>>
>>34335
Alright thanks
>>
File: charsheet.png (237 KB, 1716x1574) Image search: [Google]
charsheet.png
237 KB, 1716x1574
Here's mine, let me know if I fucked up the stats
>>
>>34386
Kanine:
2 STR
4 AGI
1 INT
Can use SPRINT to attack twice during combat every 2 fights (victories). Kanine are anthropomorphic dogs, and commonly have short snouts; they are often overzealous.

You shouldn't have that much CHR or LCK, considering you allocated your five already. So, remove the orange CHR and LCK and you should be fine. Also don't forget the extra paladin stats.

I'll let you go instead of the goblin guy, I don't wanna wait all day.

Ah, yes, that's who you were. As soon as your self-reflection ends, you hear the clacking of bones down the hallway, and spot a GUARD SKELETON patrolling through. Seeing this as your chance, you make a leap and grab him through the bars...

BATTLE BEGIN

Guard Skeleton - 30 HP, 2 DEF, 2 ATK
vs.
Runners - 6/6 HP, 0 DEF
Skurd - 18/18 HP, 0 DEF
Hal - 14/14 HP, 0 DEF
Glaneus - 4/4 HP, 0 DEF

Each player gets to use one ability each turn. After the team's turn, the skeleton take's its turn attacking something. It's DEF mitigates that much damage from each attack.

HP is calculated by STR*2
>>
>>34495
Going to POUND that skellig.
>>
>>34495
Hal pounds the fuck out of him.
>>
>>34495
I use Arcane Missile.
>>
Waiting on Runners.
>>
Skurd POUNDS the Skeleton, dealing 3 damage.
Hal POUNDS the Skeleton, dealing 2 damage.
Glaneus casts ARCANE MISSILE, shocking the Skeleton for 3 damage.

Guard Skeleton slashes GLANEUS for 2 damage.

Guard Skeleton - 13/20 HP, 2 DEF, 2 ATK
vs.
Skurd - 18/18 HP, 0 DEF
Hal - 14/14 HP, 0 DEF
Glaneus - 2/4 HP, 0 DEF

After calculating it all out, I've realized I should bring down the max HP on the enemy.
What the enemy attacks is determined by random chance @ random.org
I'm factoring Runners out for now.
>>
>>34765
I use Polymorph to deny the Guard Skeleton acting on its next turn.
>>
Holy fuck Glaneus, hide or some shit.
(Quick question, cooldown means I can't use that move for that time or I can't do anything for that time?)
>>
>>34806
Just the move.
>>
>>34765
Hal Pounds the Skeleton harshly for hurting Glaneus.
>>
>>34765
Going to POUND him again!
>>
Hal POUNDS the Skeleton, dealing 2 damage.
Glaneus POLYMORPHS the Skeleton, turning it into a sheep this turn.

Guard Skeleton says "baaa".

Guard Skeleton - 7/20 HP, 2 DEF, 2 ATK
vs.
Skurd - 18/18 HP, 0 DEF
Hal - 14/14 HP, 0 DEF
Glaneus - 2/4 HP, 0 DEF
>>
>>34915
Hal uses Resonant Holy Orb to heal Glaneus and then damage Guard.
>>
>>34915
Using a final Arcane Missle, hoping to finish it.
>>
>>34942
Thank you, Hal
>>
>>34962
Its all or nothing here Glaneus, and I doubt we can save you if you get mortally wounded considering we are still inside this prison.
>>
>>34995
You're right, I need to be more careful, but I just want to get out of here.
>>
>>35035
Damn right you do. And we'll make it. Otherwise, I'm gonna haunt the fuck out of this place. Won't be able to rest until I get back home.
>>
>>35080
Yeah, you're restless. Guess it comes with being a Golem? You do live a long time, correct?
>>
File: team inv.png (21 KB, 1372x535) Image search: [Google]
team inv.png
21 KB, 1372x535
Hal casts a RESONANT HOLY ORB, burning the Skeleton for 2 damage, and healing Glaneus for 2 HP
Glaneus casts ARCANE MISSILE, shocking the Skeleton for 3 damage.

Guard Skeleton collapsing, dropping a helm, a hammer, and a staff. You also absorb 2 EXP.

Guard Skeleton - 2/20 HP, 2 DEF, 2 ATK
vs.
Skurd - 18/18 HP, 0 DEF
Hal - 14/14 HP, 0 DEF
Glaneus - 4/4 HP, 0 DEF

For any lurkers, there is still the 4th slot.
I'm going to assume Skurd to be pounding.
>>
>>35146
Bit of time, yeah. My old man still lives, and he's up around...143, I think. I'm only 89. From what I'm seeing from you, Glaneus, and you, Skurd, it will be a fun life.
And nice job in finishing him, you two. Now, who gets the helm and hammer?
>>
You know what, this was a bad time for a quest -- too late at night. Most euros are asleep, too. So I'll be starting a new one tomorrow.
People are dropping. Sorry.
>>
>>35238
What time and whats your timezone?
>>
>>35238
We should probably just do this during the weekends, not weekdays. Fewer people, otherwise.
We should have some way to communicate outside of here though. Discord?
>>
>>35320
yeah I got discord
ID: hugheseuan
>>
>>35558
Need the number after the ID, according to Discord. Sorry for the late reply, had to reinstall it.
>>
>>35735
hugheseuan and ID is #7544
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK