[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caravan Quest: Get Rich or Die Trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: trader_tradesman.jpg (234 KB, 404x900) Image search: [Google]
trader_tradesman.jpg
234 KB, 404x900
Welcome to New Realm, in terms of history these a lands are yet untamed, having only been discovered by the dwarves two centuries hence, barely any time for the long lived races. New Realm has since been carved up into kingdoms forged by the major races, but there is still unclaimed lands ripe for the taking. That is the business of adventurers and conquers, but they are nothing without supplies. And where there is supply and demand there is money to be made.

You are the leader of a caravan, with greed in your heart and eyes for scrutiny you know you can make it big. You start off with only yourself and your wagon for now but that won't stop you. Who are you exactly, anyway?

I am an:

Orc of the Forgotten Sands:
+Appraisal skills in: Orc craft, Exotic weapons, Melee weapons, survival gear
+Starting favor with: Orcs, Half-orcs, mercenaries, and people of the desert

Elf of Briaroak:
+Appraisal skills in: Elven craft, Long Range Weapons, enchanted items
+Starting favor with: Elves, Humans, Mages, and Rangers

Ratfolk of Briaroak:
+Apprasial skills in: Ratfolk craft, Common items, scrap, and cleaning supplies
+Starting favor with: Ratfolk, Humans, Traders, and those in servitude

Human of Steelgate:
+Appraisal skills in: Human craft, Common Weapons, crops, and rare items
+Starting Favor with: Humans, Ratfolk, Elves, and Dwarves

Dwarf of New Home Mountain:
+Appraisal skills in: Dwarven Craft, gems, metals, and all blacksmith craft
+Starting Favor with: Dwarves, Humans, Blacksmiths, and expert craftsman

Free willed Skeleton of The Forest of Scars:
+Appraisal skills in: Artifacts, Enchanted items, Cursed items, Books (including spell books), and Rare items
+Starting Favor: None

(First to three votes decides, map and more lore in next post)
>>
>>26256
Skeleton
>>
>>26289
Voted
>>
>>26289
This
>>
>>26305
Nvm, disregard the second vote.
>>
>>26289
SPOOKY +1 vote for skeleton
>>
SKELETOR

MASTER OF THE SECRETS OF CASTLE GREYSKULL
>>
>>26366
GREYSKULL KEEP SENPAI
>>
File: PiEQ2.png (379 KB, 1295x920) Image search: [Google]
PiEQ2.png
379 KB, 1295x920
>>26293
>>26289
>>26323
(Why am I not surprised)

You know this won't be an easy journey, people already didn't trust undead, especially dwarves after the lich, the King of Ivory, had for a short time captured the dwarven capital. He was destroyed with the combined forces of humans, dwarves, orc mercenaries, and the paladins of the Angelic Church. However even with him gone some of the land he conquered was left stained by necrotic magic, The Forest of Scars. Any who die there risk turning undead, and you were one of the lucky ones, able to keep your personality and intellect, but at the price of any flesh however.

You hitch your wagon to an undead mule, though the only evidence of that is a few exposed ribs and a missing eye. Funny enough his collar says Lucky on it.

You open your map, you won't make much of anything here in the Forest of Scars ( The area in purplish gray) the dead rarely have money, and when they do it's quickly looted by grave robbers. He could go
>north to New Home Mountain (The Tower in the brown area)
> west to a mining camp (Pickaxe in brown area)
> West to a Dwarven village near the Briaroak border (The small houses below the purple area)
Or
>East to a village bordering the Emerald Woods (Small houses east of purple area)
>>
Fuck that

Loot the Forest of Scars

No looters would've ravaged this place because cursed land but we're already undead so we'll be safe

To be honest fuck it lets set up a base of operation in Forest of Scars
>>
>>26483
>East to a village bordering the Emerald Woods (Small houses east of purple area)
I remember that map. Its from princess of exile quest.
>>
>>26610
Surprised to see someone remembers that quest, it was quite some time ago. Glad to see it left a good impression. Had gotten board with questing after that but wanted to try QMing again what with this new board for it.
>>
>>26483
Won't be here long but I am intrigued.
>East to a villiage bordering the Emerald Woods
>>
If we don't get another vote in five minutes, east wins the vote.
>>
>>26538
my votes on this
>>
So we're tied for going east to a border town, or saying fuck it and setting up shop here while crossing our fingers you find something worth selling.
>>
so how do we break the tie
>>
Roll to break tie?
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>26726
leggo east
>>
File: 1375978488708.jpg (332 KB, 1864x3263) Image search: [Google]
1375978488708.jpg
332 KB, 1864x3263
>>26747
>>26640
>>26610

Eastward ho!

(Give me moment to write the next post)
>>
>>26764
so while you write that post would you also be inclined to throw in some minor details about the skeleton like name or previous profession
>>
You pack your ledger and note book into your jackets breast pocket, and count what gold you have, 56 gold, some which you died with, others from surrounding corpses. It's not much but enough to work with.
>>26775

As you ride east you think on how you got into this position. You were in life a trader like you're striving to be now, you specialized in trading only the rarest and most magical of items. It was good business, but only if you could find the right customers for the price. Thinking back now you recall that you were actually on your way to New Home Mountain, word of the lich's invasion had not spread yet and you were caught unawares by skeleton warriors and wolves covered in rotting flesh. When you awoke the invasion had been sqaushed but it seemed all your inventory was looted by the enthralled undead. All you were left with was your cart and your trust mule, Lucky.

After a day's travel you finally arrival at the border village. It seems rather cosmopolitan despite being in dwavern land. Then again the Emerald Woods was always a safe haven for bandits, rogues, heretics, and the unwanted. So it's not surprising the population of a town on it's borders is so mixed.

Before you can make money however, you're going to need some inventory.

>Head to the General Store
>The Black smith
>The Apothecary
>Set up cart as an appraisal stand
>Other?
>>
>>26775
OH, also you recall your name Osmon Darrow.
>>
>>26853
>Head to the General Store
>>
>>26877
i would like to say that you are amazing at this and that we should head to the general store but cover our face as best we can because of how the past was i don't think many would want to use our stand if they knew we was undead
>>
>>26892
whoops meant to say speak with us not use our stand was redoing what i initially wanted to write
>>
>>26853
APPRAISAL STAND
>>
>>26853
General store but cover our face
>>
>>26853
Appraisal Stand.
>>
File: 1.jpg (88 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
88 KB, 500x596
( >mfw secretly glad they chose skeleton because I have a whole folder of skele's)
>>26914
>>26877
>>26892

You put on your top hat, hoping people ignore the mud stains and moth holes, and procceed to undo your ruffle scarf and tie it about your face covering all but the eyes. You pull your hat down so as to cover that as best as you can without blinding yourself. You walk into the store. A human shop keeper greets you. "Hello! Haven't had many travelers come as of late. How can I help you?"

>Ask about the lack of travelers
>Ask about goods for sale
>Ask about the state of the markets
>Ask about trade routes
>Other?
>>
>>26978
>>Ask about the state of the markets

We need to see what goods are worth sellin
>>
>>26978
Ask about goods for sale, making sure to keep the cover on face up.
>>
i second this opinion
>>
>>27020
Which opinion?
>>
>>27020
>>27002
this one
>>
>>27020
I second his decision to second that opinion
>>
>>27002
Guess I'll flip mine as well.
>>
>>27054
>>27020
>>27002

You clear your throat a moment, and speak "Well, I am trying to get back into the caravan business but I could use some info on the state of the markets as of late."

He scratches his chin a moment. "Well, well with lich invasion over the price of weapons has gone down again, food's gone up though since so many dwarven above ground farms were destroyed. Let's see what else...magic items are up since the dwarves supply of them were looted, the paladins used up a lot of their limited use holy weapons...most craft labor is stable, the price of dwarven craft is way up though. Other then that, well...you'd have to find out yourself. Is there anything else I can do for you? Perhaps some rations? You're as thin as a post."

>Buy something
>Ask another question
>Leave
>Other
>>
>>27114
>Ask to view wares
>>
>>27114
>ask about the lack of travelers, surely business must be down because of the lack of potential customers.
>>
>>27133
this
>>
>>27114
Ask if there are any dungeons to find magical artifacts

Also

"no thanks I am naturally a bony man"
>>
>>27114
is there some way for me to get the rest of what happens from you bout to leave to go play dark souls 3 but i still want this story to try and create my own more in depth look at the journey Osmon has
>>
File: image_by_sethkearsley-d6skfyc.jpg (180 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image_by_sethkearsley-d6skfyc.jpg
180 KB, 720x720
>>27183
Well, I actually need to get some sleep to, I'm afraid I started this quest way to late at night. I will be posting again tomorrow. Will make a new thread tommorow called Skeleton Caravan Quest and start it a few hours earlier if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. I hope you are enjoying it so far.
>>
>>27211
I want to see this do well. I am super stoked for economy quest featuring a man with all the time in the world to get rich and find a way to enjoy luxury.

>captcha wants pictures of storefronts.
>>
i'll be in this thread tomorrow OP, that's for darned sure
>>
Are we getting any more of this?
>>
>>34945
Wanting more OP, pls respond.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK