[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shallow Waters Evo Game, Chapter 2: Part 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 29
File: Totalstart2.png (49 KB, 1280x726) Image search: [Google]
Totalstart2.png
49 KB, 1280x726
You are a supreme being on a young and fresh world. You are undetectable, yet you possess a specific set of powers: You can add mutations to the creatures that inhabit it.

The world itself is a simple one, a rock globe covered in a shallow sea, with the deepest point being twenty meters (60ft) under water, and the shallowest half a meter (1-2 ft). Due to geological disasters, about 15% of the world has become permanently emerged form the water, and other, more temporary, islands and banks emerge, move and dissapear in the seas. Many creatures inhabit this world, yet you will only change these four, and their offspring. Will you make them thrive? Or will you make them shrivel? It is all up to you, and your friends.

Welcome to the Shallow Waters Evo game, Chapter 2!
Rules/How to play:
>Take the art of a creature already existing, be it a basic one, or one already modified by another user. How many times it has been modified already does not matter, but make sure you are not the last person who modified it.
>Open MS Paint, or any other drawing program
>Add a small, semi-realistic mutation to the creature. That means, a thicker shell, spikes, functionless and small appendages, etc.
>Post it in the thread, with a small description of what changes you made.
>To work to something greater, like functional wings, multiple steps need to be made (eg. Minor appendage -> Big appendage -> Feathers for gliding -> Functioning wing)
>Once every while, an extinction event will take place. Any affected creature that does not adapt before it takes place, will go extinct. Extinct creatures can no longer evolve.

DO's and DON'T's
>Do participate, no matter how bad your art is. Most people are shit at MS Paint here, so never be ashamed
>Do completely change the art of a creature, if you're okay/good at art and stuff, and if you feel a creature needs it, because it's getting too full or something.
>Do work on other branches, and the creatures of others
>Do be a nice guy

>Don't complain when your OC Waifu and its entire branch goes extinct
>Don't add mutations that are too complex (eg. fully functioning eyes, incredible wings etc). Realism of the mutations themselves doesn't really matter, as long as it can be semi-scientifically explained, and again, are not too complex at once. (DO : Fire breathing because gas from the creature's gas bags are released and ignited by a small spark in the creature's throat. DONT : This creature conjures fire when breathing)
>Don't add a mutation to a creature whose last addition was also by you. This can be forgiven when no one within ~2-3 hours / 50 posts has mutated them, or they are about to go extinct.
>Don't devolve mutations made to your own creature because you dislike them or have other plans with the creature.

I will make a regularly updated evolution tree, in which all mutations/species are listed, and if they're extinct or not.
Posting separate art of the organisms for editing after this post.
>>
File: Chloros.png (13 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
Chloros.png
13 KB, 528x344
Chloros
>>
File: Delex.png (13 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
Delex.png
13 KB, 528x344
>>246558
Delex
>>
File: Larodd.png (12 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
Larodd.png
12 KB, 528x344
>>246565
Larodd
>>
File: Lurrik.png (12 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
Lurrik.png
12 KB, 528x344
>>246569
Lurrik
>>
>>246576
And that's all basic forms for now. Here's some other tips:

>Do not hesitate to post. If your post contains something too ridiculous or against the rules, I'll just tell you and there won't be any hard feelings.
>Don't make your images too big. Something like 500 x 500 is ideal.
>Post your images with a white background. Transparent ones turn black, and if I have to recolour those, the often interfere with the outlines of the creature too.
>Be nice to others
>Don't imply there are things that I haven't actually confirmed exist. For the Chloros, you can imply there's pollinators, but you can't imply there's gas bubbles or acid spitting plants.
>Your art quality really doesn't matter. My art is shit, and most of the participant's art isn't that good either. Yet sometimes a good drawfag (god bless 'em) passes by and decides to make things look very cool, so your art will basically be fixed.

Now go ahead and post!
>>
>>246576
if only i was at home and could draw, but here goes nothing if some drawfag decides to appear.
>lurrik's eyes split into two (so a total of 4 eyes) for better sensing its surroundings and locating prey.
>>
>>246576
The Lurriks grow small tails for balance
>>
File: lurrik.jpg (5 KB, 169x81) Image search: [Google]
lurrik.jpg
5 KB, 169x81
>>246632
sorry forgot picture
>>
File: lurrik.jpg (5 KB, 169x81) Image search: [Google]
lurrik.jpg
5 KB, 169x81
>>246631
I drew this for you
>>
>>246666
Thanks, mega-satan!
>>
>>246641
>>246666
Satanic quads checked.

You're doing god's work anon, but please do not save the thumbnail, this makes shit all kinds of small and stuff and ruins the quality for the trees D:
>>
File: Delex.png (15 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
Delex.png
15 KB, 528x344
>>246565
The delex's shell gains bright markings that make predators think its poisonous alsoits small nub arms become bony pincers
>>
Goodbye terrax you were my favorite and i'll miss evolving you ;-;
>>
>>246795
RIP in pepsi terrax
>>
File: flower power.png (13 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
flower power.png
13 KB, 528x344
>>246558
More flowers for more reproduction power.
>>
File: TASTE THE RAINBOW.png (87 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
TASTE THE RAINBOW.png
87 KB, 528x344
>>248669
Weeee
>>
So, for the fellows who want to see again their fish waifu or for the new people who want to look what we did before, here is a massive tree accumulating all the species of the first chapter and, by the way, explaining all the story of our splashy planet:
http://pastebin.com/rk5ft1CM
I used the dates of the publications of the massive extinctions (the red lines) by the OP to make it like a real goelogical frieze.
1Hour=10MillionYears (cuz I find the result pretty accurate)
Also, I apologize in case I made horrible mistakes, because my native language is not english Really
>>
File: dnbjkdssdfnjl.png (11 KB, 569x344) Image search: [Google]
dnbjkdssdfnjl.png
11 KB, 569x344
>>246569
Larodd grows a bulb on it's back, to alert and attract at a staggering 360 degrees! And also, another eye apperently because it came with the cut and paste of the bulb. Let's say it's for looking in 360 degrees too, for knowing who behind them they're alerting/attracting.
>>
File: rainbow island.png (334 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rainbow island.png
334 KB, 500x500
>>248798
With the addition of multiple flowers per plant the chloros cluster rapidly spread around the planet like an out of control weed. It is now not uncommon to encounter islands filled to the brim with these plants.
>>
File: more.png (11 KB, 516x385) Image search: [Google]
more.png
11 KB, 516x385
>>249041
More bulbs for the bulb throne.
It's now using the bulbs both as an ear and a biological drum for auditory communication. Usually for attracting mates or warning its own kind of incoming danger. The vibrations are subtle enough that only the most sensitive of ears can hear it such as themselves. Because of this they are unable to hear and "talk" at the same time. To compensate for this they usually use one or two bulb for communication while using the remaining bulbs for hearing.
>>
File: angry delex.png (34 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
angry delex.png
34 KB, 500x445
>>246731
The delex's shell extends further covering their faces. Increased hormonal production in their glands have caused their muscles to bulk up. The hormone also has the side-effect of making the delex highly aggressive and territorial.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x281
>>249834
This is art
>>
File: flock.png (23 KB, 746x494) Image search: [Google]
flock.png
23 KB, 746x494
>>246666
The 4-eyed tailed Lurriks are now travelling in flocks/packs with an alpha leading them. The alphas usually develop larger beak crests to denote their position within the group.
>>
File: Larodd.png (12 KB, 501x354) Image search: [Google]
Larodd.png
12 KB, 501x354
>>246569
Larodd develops a light shell protecting it from attacks from above also working as camouflage for any situations the bulb doesn't help with.

Tips of front tentacles are slightly hardened for more damage and won't get worn down
>>
File: Chloros.png (107 KB, 721x466) Image search: [Google]
Chloros.png
107 KB, 721x466
>>248798
Chloros start growing fruit
>>
File: Lurrik.png (10 KB, 610x336) Image search: [Google]
Lurrik.png
10 KB, 610x336
>>249934
Fur has been changed to gills allowing them to dive into the water for prey.
>>
File: Delex.jpg (10 KB, 125x111) Image search: [Google]
Delex.jpg
10 KB, 125x111
>>249834
The delex grow a small pair of arms on their backs and spikes on their shell
>>
File: Lurrikac.png (10 KB, 423x344) Image search: [Google]
Lurrikac.png
10 KB, 423x344
>>246576
The Lurrik evolves a sack to carry poison in, more muscular legs with large feet to maintain balance, and front-set eyes to focus on prey along with muscles to move their eyes around for better depth perception. And thus, The Lurrikac is born.
>>
File: Sans titre-1.png (248 KB, 508x344) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-1.png
248 KB, 508x344
>>250099
...Are you making Omega Flowey ?
>>
>>250587
I don't play undertale so I have no idea what that is
>>
Glad to see this back, although the creatures look stranger this time.
>>
File: Sans titre-2.png (19 KB, 528x344) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-2.png
19 KB, 528x344
>>248669
The main stem grow fatter, allowing some Chloros to live in arid zones
>>
>>249976
The light shell covers more of Larodd.
It become flatter for more agility and discretion.
>>
File: Sans titre-3.png (29 KB, 501x354) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-3.png
29 KB, 501x354
>>250993
sh*t
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 551x354) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22 KB, 551x354
>>249976
Had become more durable, they are now had time to life sufficiantly. This is shown with specimens growing a more intricate but fragile 'lamp post' and elongated placement for jaws and pedipalp-tentacle
>>
File: Delex.jpg (14 KB, 183x150) Image search: [Google]
Delex.jpg
14 KB, 183x150
>>250099
The second pair of arms grow and because of this growth their shell's shape changes slightly. They also grow more spikes
>>
File: Detrux.png (7 KB, 402x344) Image search: [Google]
Detrux.png
7 KB, 402x344
>>246565
The Delex's jaw becomes more of a pincer-like structure in order to better snatch and crush plants from little nooks that normally couldn't be reached. The arms are more muscular now to pull itself across the ocean floor with more strength. The eyes are bigger and closer together to look for more food in the mucky water and to look out for predators on land. Namely, the relatives of the lurrik.

I swear I didn't mean to make it look like a guy with a moustache and a hat. But I named it the Detrux because I thought he looked a little like a trucker.
>>
Can we have an extinction test soon?
>>
Since evOP is gone, I'll suggest my evo.
>>255415
>>255415
>>255415
>>
File: F5 b.gif (164 KB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
F5 b.gif
164 KB, 450x270
bumping
>>
Are you still there OP?
please...
>>
File: Crested Larodd.png (16 KB, 497x357) Image search: [Google]
Crested Larodd.png
16 KB, 497x357
>>246544
Larodds develop crests, making them look larger and scarier to other creatures. Every Larodd's crest is different, they choose their mates through their crest size and crest shape.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.