[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chef Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: woodland track.jpg (109 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
woodland track.jpg
109 KB, 640x480
You are a chef. You have been travelling west over several weeks on foot on a mixture of paved roads and dirt tracks, on a journey to visit your brother. So as to lessen the weight of your knapsack and preserve more space for your cooking equipment, as well as to practice your philosophy that food should be eaten fresh, you have decided not to carry any food with you on your journey and instead rely upon your own skill at foraging, identification and cooking.

You are on a dirt track in a broadleaf wood; it is a sunny day at around 5:00 PM. You have decided that it is time to prepare yourself dinner. You unpack your knapsack and check that all your equipment is still in good condition:
>>
collect some wood to make a fire
>>
>>210618
This
Also check around for mushrooms or berries whilst gathering wood
>>
>>210621
>>210618
Thanks for the enthusiasm, but please wait; I'm trying to tell you your equipment first.
>>
>2 leather flasks of boiled stream water

Check.
>>
File: leather flask.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
leather flask.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>210626
>>
File: flint and steel.jpg (449 KB, 1500x1285) Image search: [Google]
flint and steel.jpg
449 KB, 1500x1285
>A flint and steel

Check.
>>
File: meat cleaver.jpg (52 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
meat cleaver.jpg
52 KB, 570x570
>A meat cleaver

Check.
>>
>A fruit knife

Check.
>>
File: fruit knife.jpg (91 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
fruit knife.jpg
91 KB, 1900x1000
>>210643
>>
File: baking tray.jpg (102 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
baking tray.jpg
102 KB, 2000x2000
>A baking tray / griddle

Check.
>>
File: wooden bowl.png (562 KB, 783x442) Image search: [Google]
wooden bowl.png
562 KB, 783x442
>A wooden bowl

Check.
>>
>A general-purpose knife

Check.
>>
File: general-purpose knife.jpg (267 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
general-purpose knife.jpg
267 KB, 850x500
>>210663
>>
File: cooking pot.jpg (68 KB, 1216x775) Image search: [Google]
cooking pot.jpg
68 KB, 1216x775
>A cooking pot

Check.
>>
File: cutlery.jpg (139 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
cutlery.jpg
139 KB, 2000x2000
>A set of cutlery

Check.
>>
File: mystery alcohol.jpg (101 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mystery alcohol.jpg
101 KB, 800x800
>A flask of mystery alcohol (anons choose)

Check.
>>
>>210691
how about some white wine?
fits perfect for a cook
>>
You check all of your equipment until you are assured that there is no damage to any item. You pack all the items back into your knapsack.

>>210618
Give me 1d4

>>210621
Give me 1d6, unless you only want to only want to search for one thing.
>>
dice+1d4

>>210730
>>
>>210744
Sorry, that is my first time doing this and the mod post isnt helpful at all
>>
>>210751
That's okay. The dice command goes in the Options field.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

okay thanks
>>
>>210760
>collect some wood to make a fire

You forage for wood and find a small amount of dry branches and twigs on the ground and a larger amount of damp wood, some of which is rotting. On a fallen, rotting trunk, you find some large white mushrooms, which you don't recognise at a first glance. Do you want to roll to identify them? You also see that some acorns have fallen onto the ground.

Do you want to cut some fresh wood from the trees?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

rolling for a Strong Red wine
>>
>>210797
take the dry branches and twigs
Identify the mushrooms
and cut some fresh wood from a tree
>>
>>210819
You gather up as many dry branches and twigs as you can hold, shaking off a few insects as you pick them up from the forest floor.

If you want to identify the mushrooms, please roll 1d6.

You use your general-purpose knife to saw some branches off a few small silver birch trees. The small branches you just snap off the trunk. You take all the firewood back to your 'camp' on the path.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>210832
>>
>>210835
You identify the mushrooms as forest pearl mushrooms, an edible mushroom.
>>
>>210841
cut the mushrooms of with the general purpose knife. then shake the dirt from the mushrooms off with ur hands. check if there are maggots or bit marks on the mushrooms; cut the spots away if so.

also put the acorns in a free bag of the knapsack
>>
>>210863
Roll me 1d6.

You examine the mushrooms for any imperfections which would disqualify them for cooking. You find that one of the mushrooms has been badly eaten, but the other mushrooms are in good condition. You check one of the mushrooms further by chopping it in half and examining the inside; you don't find any issues with it.

You gather the acorns from the ground; they are mostly of acceptable quality, but some have maggot-holes and so you discard them. You get a pretty good haul of acorns and fill the whole free bag of the knapsack.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>210884
>>
>>210892
Whilst you are gathering acorns, you come upon a chestnut tree which looks to be in fruiting season. Some of the chestnuts have fallen onto the ground, but most of the nuts are still on the branches of the tree, which are all at least ten foot above the ground.
>>
>>210905
shaking the tree and look what happens
>>
>>210929
The chestnut tree is too large for you to shake easily. You manage to make the trunk move back and forth a little, but you only make the chestnuts wobble and none of the nuts fall. The bark is quite rough; you think that you could climb the tree.
>>
>>210970
i dont have a good feel about this. just collect the chestnuts on the ground and go back to the `camp' and make a fireplace
>>
>>210970
You collect the chestnuts from the ground, which are ripe and mostly untouched by pests, and put the chestnuts in your knapsack. Would you like to try charging and ramming the tree?
>>
>>210996
ok lets be retarded and ram that tree
>>
Rolled 9 (1d15)

>>211017
You charge at the tree and ram it. It shakes and [see roll] chestnuts fall down.
>>
>>211022
well collect them and make the fireplace at the camp
>>
>>211035
You collect the fresh chestnuts, stash them in your knapsack, pick up your pile of firewood and return to your 'camp' at the forest path. You use 3/4 of your firewood to make a firewood pile which you light with your flint and steel.
>>
>>211056
Use the cooking pot to grill the mushrooms.
Then throw in the chest nuts and add a splash of white wine

noideaWhatImdoing.jpg
>>
>>211418
>implying I know what I'm doing

You slice the mushrooms into halves and the chestnuts into quarters and throw them into the cooking pot, adding a splash of white wine from your flask. You're not sure that the white wine will be enough liquid to boil the vegetables.
>>
>>211418
I didn't read your post that well; disregard my last post. You halve the mushrooms and quarter the chestnuts, grill the mushrooms first and then add the chestnuts with a splash of white wine from your flask. It smells good and you're grilling quite a lot of chestnuts You can afford to leave them grilling for a few minutes.
>>
>>211474
Check around if there's any edible herbs to spice up the dish.
>>
>>211643
Roll me 1d3.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>211689
Rolling.
>>
>>211720
You take the vegetables of the grill and set off into the forest, searching for herbs, possibly to complement your grilled mushrooms and chestnuts. After searching for some time, you have found some rosemary, thyme, sorrel and mint growing wild around the forest floor. You also find some small edible mushrooms, some poisonous mushrooms and unfamiliar fungi which you reject, and a wild strawberry bush. Roll me 3d20.
>>
Rolled 1, 18, 1 = 20 (3d20)

>>211831

>Captcha: select all images with fries.
>>
>>211848
You find a brilliant crop of strawberries on the bush: 18 ripe strawberries and 1 unripe strawberry. You pick 15 ripe strawberries and leave the rest for the birds and for later travellers. As they are wild strawberries, they are not quite as large as domestic cultivars; but you know from experience that they have a sharpness and intensity of flavour often lacking in bred strawberries.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK