[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starship Skirmish Beta III Take 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: PB.png (277 KB, 541x324) Image search: [Google]
PB.png
277 KB, 541x324
Hopefully At a Better Timeslot Edition

To recap: the famous pirate Purple Beard stands between a bunch of genetically engineered slaves and their freedom with his flagship and poor fashion sense. Destroy him or chase him off.

>How to join:
>Select a name for yourself and your ship
>Put it in your trip
>Copy the stats of your ship into the end of your posts

Due to being a test, only one ship class is available:

Beta III-class frigate

Thrust: 1 hex for 2 AP

HP 13 AP 4 Shields 3/3 (recharge 1)
System thr. 12/9/7/5/3/1

Systems:

2xLight Turbolaser (direct) FPS - to hit 7/6/5 dmg 4/2/1 - Charge to strafe
6xLight Torpedo (seeker) - to hit 4/5/6/6 dmg 4 at all ranges - Blast, ammo 24
PD Chaingun (direct) - to hit 6 dmg 1 - Point Defense, strafe
Shield Generator 1
Shield emitter 1 x3 (count as one system, one destroyed on each 'damaged' result)
Engine
>>
File: Rules1.png (144 KB, 685x594) Image search: [Google]
Rules1.png
144 KB, 685x594
>>127032
The rules are in picrelated.
>>
File: Rules2.png (179 KB, 685x783) Image search: [Google]
Rules2.png
179 KB, 685x783
>>127038

Intel says the stats of Purple Beard's ship are:

Queen Padme's Revenge

Thrust: 1 hex for 3 AP

HP 30 AP 7 Shields 4/4 (recharge 1)
System thr. 26/22/19/16/13/10/7/4/1

Systems:

Spinal Railgun (projectile) F - to hit 4/7/5/2 dmg 12 at all ranges - Charge
2xPD Chaingun (direct) x2 - to hit 6 dmg 1 - Point Defense, strafe
4xLight Missile x3(seeker) - to hit 4/6/7 dmg 4 at all ranges - Blast, ammo 48
Shield Generator 1
Shield emitter 1 x4 (count as one system, one destroyed on each 'damaged' result)
Engine
>>
File: Rules3.png (39 KB, 678x504) Image search: [Google]
Rules3.png
39 KB, 678x504
>>127046
Have fun!
>>
File: Map.png (1 MB, 1124x841) Image search: [Google]
Map.png
1 MB, 1124x841
>>127050
Here's the map, by the way. Deploy wherever you like.
>>
Be sure to link to this quest in the Quest Discussion General.
>>
>>127032

nice art upgrade
>>
well I kinda want to play this now
>>
If I wasn't up late I would have joined. And didn't have a schedule. Cool quest though, will keep watch on this.
>>
>>136058
>>140829

For the people who might want to join, know that I'm still watching this thread.
If it falls off the board without anyone joining though, there will be no take 3. I'll maybe try a skirmish with simpler rules instead.
>>
>>144262
Spoofing trips is a dubious way of having fun
>>
>>144039
lets give it a try then
>deploy somewhere in the SW quadrant

Captain Pat Harding

Beta III-class frigate, Dream Chaser

System thr. 12/9/7/5/3/1

Systems:

Shield Generator 1
Shield emitter 1 x3 (count as one system, one destroyed on each 'damaged' result)
Engine
>>
>>144415
I'm really sorry for the wait anon. This is the first time I could get to a PC again and the soonest I can actually run the skirmish is in about 8 hours.
>>
>>144415
I'm ready to run now. If there's anyone who wishes to join, welcome.
>>
>>148943
well If you are fine with one player I'm still here
>>
>>149185
Nice! Map inbound.
>>
File: Turn 0.png (1 MB, 1124x841) Image search: [Google]
Turn 0.png
1 MB, 1124x841
>>149185

Purple Beard: Greetings, my firend! You must forgive my impertinence in calling you a friend even though I fully intend to kill you horribly.

Command&Control: Deployment complete. Your designation is [1] Pat Harding. Good luck.

>Make your move!
>>
>>149292
>Thrust [West or 5]-2AP
>Thrust [West or 5]-2AP
Captain Pat Harding

System thr. 12/9/7/5/3/1

Systems:

Shield Generator 1
Engine
>>
File: Turn 1.png (817 KB, 825x833) Image search: [Google]
Turn 1.png
817 KB, 825x833
>>149325
>Purple Beard fires his spinal railgun and one of the quad missile launchers at Pat, anticipating his acceleration. But Pat accelerates more sharply than expected, and the railgun shot passes harmlessly behind his stern.
>Missiles turn to intercept. One is shot down by Pat's PD and the rest can't lock on.

Command&Control: Be advised that Purple Beard's missiles are shorter ranged than yours. You may also want to switch your turbolaser to point defence if it's out of effective range.
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 3 = 9 (3d10)

>>149384
I'll try that C&C but I don't promise anything, this Purple Beard looks like a dangerous fellow
>Turn to [4]
>Overdrive
>Thrust -2AP
>Switch both turbo lasers to PD(if it takes 1AP i'll fire one less torpedo)
>Fire Torpedo -1AP
>Fire Torpedo -1AP

System thr. 12/9/7/5/3/1

Systems:

Shield Generator 1
Engine
>>
>>149450
C&C:
>I'll try that C&C but I don't promise anything, this Purple Beard looks like a dangerous fellow
He has to be, to survive in the pirate business with a nickname like this.

>Switch both turbo lasers to PD(if it takes 1AP i'll fire one less torpedo)
>Fire Torpedo -1AP
>Fire Torpedo -1AP

Actually, you have one mount of dual turbolasers and one mount of sextuple torpedo tubes. A mount can fire some or all of its weapons for a single AP, which I'll assume you do and roll the rest of the dice myself.
And yes, switching any amount of weapons/mounts to PD costs 1 AP

>Fuckup found: ship info format isn't clear.
>Fuckup #2: last round PB shouldn't have been able to shoot any missiles as he was out of range.
>>
File: Turn 2.png (833 KB, 831x841) Image search: [Google]
Turn 2.png
833 KB, 831x841
>>149450
Purple Beard's railgun is once again poorly aimed
Five of the Pat's missiles are shot down but the sixth one hits something really, really important.

Purple Beard: That was my booze stash! Of course it was important! And now it's burning! Setting on fire vital combat systems! AAARGH!

>I rolled a 1 for you. It was a splendid hit.
>Purple Beard suffers engine damage, 2 shield emitters destroyed, PD gun destroyed, another one damaged, shield generator damaged.
>Queen Padme's Revenge has 9 HP left
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 10 = 20 (3d10)

>>149591
Do I have to reload the torpedos to fire them again?
>>
>>149600
No, they reload automatically.
What did you roll for?
>>
Rolled 7, 6, 2, 2, 10, 6, 3 = 36 (7d10)

>>149612
For nothing I just forgot to clear the options field
>C&C wish me luck I think we are close
>Turn to [6]
>Overdrive (first dice)
>Thrust -2AP
>Aim -1AP
>Fire all the torpedos x6 -1AP

System thr. 12/9/7/5/3/1

Systems:

2xLight Turbolaser (direct) FPS - to hit 7/6/5 dmg 4/2/1 - Charge to strafe, in PD mode
6xLight Torpedo (seeker) - to hit 4/5/6/6 dmg 4 at all ranges - Blast, ammo 18
Shield Generator 1
Engine
>>
File: Turn 2.5.png (836 KB, 836x841) Image search: [Google]
Turn 2.5.png
836 KB, 836x841
>>149627
Heroic repair efforts are occuring on Purple Beard's ship. The fires are put out, power rerouted, damaged parts replaced by spares. The bridge staff correctly predicts Pat's maneuvers this time. Railgun shell sets out into the darkness, passing six approaching torpedoes on the way. Point defence chaingun revs up...

>Railgun shot: critical miss.
>Point defence: 0 hits.

Slave trading must be really bad karma.
>>
>>149692

Two of Pat's torpedoes miss, but it doesn't change anything.
Queen Padme's Revenge partially vaporised, partially torn apart by thermal shock.

C&C: Did... did I just see what I think I did?
Someone please tell me you recorded this!

>Those rolls
>And to think it was meant to be a 1-on-3 battle

You win!
>>
File: Turn 3.png (375 KB, 471x531) Image search: [Google]
Turn 3.png
375 KB, 471x531
>>149763
I think the lesson is that blast weapons are really scary.
>>
Thanks for participating, anon!
>>
>That last shot scared me but we did it C&C, sadly I don't think we will be able to reclaim any of that booze

pretty neat quest op, torpedo spam is op, do you plan to run a second mission any time soon or is this just an oneshot?
>>
>>149799
If you're up for it, I will run another mission at Saturday beginning at around 1 PM GMT

I'll try to nerf the missiles in the meantime.
>>
>>149799
By the way, were the rules hard to understand/memorize?
>>
>>149831
Neat, I'll be there, /tg/ as some net skirmish games and they even have a IRC channel so you could try to recruit more players there.
Rules where simple enough the stats block was a bit difficult to read (having 6 missiles pods instead of a pod with 6 missiles) and inertia combat is a bit tricky but fun.
Also some suggestions, moving is a bit too expensive compared with firing a missile spam specially when moving is most of the fun, and you could add a turn radius per phase, smaller ships can turn more than bigger so they can burn, turn 2 to the left, fire and turn 2 to the right and burn out that way you can have more nimble fighter crafts. If you want more feedback feel free to ask
>>
>>149892
>tfw I actually tried to recruit people on that channel but all of them have incompatible shedules
I think I'll run on /tg/ next time, actually. Maybe the audience will be bigger.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK