[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the captchas be controlled at all? Whenever I post a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1459558520574.png (568 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1459558520574.png
568 KB, 800x900
Can the captchas be controlled at all?

Whenever I post a lot in a short time (usually across multiple boards) I start getting the "difficult" captchas with two scrambled words, usually I just have street numbers. They're not actually difficult, but it seems like if you don't wait for another, unspecified cool down time, they always fail you.
>>
>>534926
There is a difficulty slider that they slide to highest difficulty during pass sales.
>>
>>534926
The captchas 4chan uses aren't made by 4chan but by Google, and they really weren't meant for what we use them for.

Basically, captchas are meant for stuff like registering accounts, not for every single post. 4chan is basically the only place on the internet where captchas are the way they are, where you fill out hundreds of them a month. They get harder and harder because they figure that you must be a bot if you're filling out as many as you are.

But, you know, doing things every single other website in the known universe does like have registration and shit like that would make us reddit so deal with it or pay 20 something awful dollars to get to not have to fill out passes for a year. I don't care.
>>
>>535058
It would be pretty simple:
>fill out captcha
>receive cookie that allows you to post
If we can have user identity without account registration, we should be able to implement captcha right without account registration.
>>
Of course with captchas being primarily a revenue source now I don't expect much.
>>
>whenever i post like a spambot, i get harder captchas
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.