[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The /pol/ problem, and no, not that one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1456637438806.jpg (2 MB, 1080x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456637438806.jpg
2 MB, 1080x1200
/pol/ is under attack by people mass promoting their own causes. Professionals that have Youtube channels,
and hop onto the bandwagon of current /pol/itical narratives to establish careers.

Has anybody else not raised red flags about this?

Every day, every hour, these Youtube related faggots spam their shitty content on the board.

Yes, it is related to POLITICS but they spam it for self promotion or 'advertising.'

4Chan has adverts for a reason, yet some individuals promote their causes, their channels which
generate them revenue.

It has become a circle jerk similar to reddit, mass linking of individuals looking to garner attention to their sites.

Where is the mods? I do not see any bans related to this shit.

I am not going to name the names of these professional Youtubers, etc that are shilled or promote themselves every day
because that is what they want: FREE PR/Advertising.

Where is the fucking administration? This has become like /v/, and nobody is doing anything to stop it.

Please help.

What is your take?
>>
File: 0.jpg (67 KB, 381x342) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
67 KB, 381x342
Sounds like a shit board if you ask me.
>>
>>530568
Delete the fucking board already. An anonymous image board for weeb culture and hobbies is not the place to spread your political believes.
>>
>>530568
I agree 100%. What you are describing has made /pol/ unbearable to me over the last year or so to the point where I mostly only browse /news/ now.

I'd just be happy to get rid of the constant "What does /pol/ think of ___" threads where ____ = Milo Yanniopoulis, Ben Shapiro, Paul Joseph Watson, Sargon of Akkad, Gavin McInnis, Sam Hyde, et. al.

On top of all that, there are always at least 8 or 9 kneejerk hugbox threads based on some twitter drama and/or breitbart outrage of the day clickbait story. This would have been unheard of on /pol/ just a few years ago.
>>
How would you even regulate that though? You could argue that pretty much every link to a website, any social media screencap, every link to a Youtube video, every discussion about media personalities and certain sites and channels is "advertising". The potential has always been there to shill, but as lpng as it's not literal spam, there's not much to do about it.

>>530575

Following politics is a hobby.
>>
>>530673
The mods on /v/ were capable of containing this to some degree before moot signed off.

It should be easy for a mod that actually browses /pol/, or any board, to see when a person, channel, etc is being spammed over and over again(advertising). The pattern reveals itself very quickly.

The regulation is easy, it is what they do.
>>
File: end this please.jpg (169 KB, 902x698) Image search: [Google]
end this please.jpg
169 KB, 902x698
>>530568
>What does /pol/ think of milo?
>What does /pol/ think of BlackPigeonSpeaks?
>How about that Stefan Molyneux u guis?
>>
>>530568
I sense a mad tranny
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.