[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we turn /int/ into "/int/ - Languages" or just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1400942841175.jpg (57 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1400942841175.jpg
57 KB, 720x720
Can we turn /int/ into "/int/ - Languages" or just outright create a languages board? Here's my reasoning in a few topic:
>/his/, /trv/ and /news/ have all taken away from /int/ the few topics it had to discuss, or simply do them better, making /int/ a redundant board. Except for the topic of languages, which do not belong on any of those boards.
>giving /int/ a strict topic would make it easier to curb shitposting as it would become more clear what is on-topic and what isn't.
>/int/ generals could be turned into language generals instead which would re-purpose their current chat-like format into something actually useful.
>Ultimately languages are already the main topic of whatever serious discussion /int/ ever has.
Truth be told I simply enjoy language learning and wish there was a place on this website for it, /int/ could be that place but as of right now it's relegated to "/b/ with flags" status. Maybe even a general "learning/studies/self-improvement" board with a language general would be good enough for me.

I'm also open to alternatives.
>>
why are people here obsessed with getting rid of shitposting as it just magically appeared in the last few years
>>
>>525803
Because they magically appeared in the last few years and still don't understand how 4chan works.
>>
>>525756
>Truth be told I simply enjoy language learning and wish there was a place on this website for it
They have a language learning general on /a/.
You can pretty much create any general on /a/ as long as you are consistent in spamming it and act out like a screaming autist every time the mods try to moderate it. Eventually the mods will give up and allow it to exist, with complete immunity from moderation.

Have a look yourself: boards.4chan.org/a/thread/141316049/
If you want such a space, just brute force your own general. /a/ has dogshit moderation so it will eventually end up becoming a permanent fixture. What language/s are you interested in?
>>
>>525756
/int/ is about International because people like to wave flags.
I have recently been doing Ancestry shit and found out I'm only 5/8ths of what I originally thought I was 100% of. I contemplated making a thread about it, but realized the /int/pol/ overlap is too large and people would shitpost about it.

And no, I'm not German, Jewish, Black, Mexican, or Asian.
>>
/int/ is the place for people from all over the world to gather and shitpost together about every little thing/use their local languages for a change

as for language learning, just go to general x to practice, locals wouldn't act like dicks if you're actually trying
>>
>>525900
>still don't understand how 4chan works
Le Epic meme generator?

>>526053
yeah, you're argentinian, canadian or indian
>>
>>526239
>yeah, you're argentinian, canadian or indian
>/qa/ can't stop the banter seekers
>>525756
true a language learning board would be awesome
>>
>>526248
>>525756
there used to be a /lang/ sub-board. it was text-only IIRC
guess why it got closed down
>>
>>526255
>guess why it got closed down
Because moot was a complete faggot.
>>
>>525756
/trv/ predates /int/. I used to go there before /int/ was made.
>>
>>525756
stay away from my board you cunt, /int/ is perfect
>>
>>525803
Well when i started browsing /b/ and /v/ when i joined gamer gate shit posting made sense. But now Im on other boards and I see this is how it is all the time.

I was hoping that when all the mayhem died down this site would become a cooler badboys reddit
>>
>>526271
why it died?
>>
Fuck off OP, you don't understand what makes /int/ great
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.