[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/'s quality has gotten worse.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: quality_of_tg.jpg (714 KB, 1824x927) Image search: [Google]
quality_of_tg.jpg
714 KB, 1824x927
Congratulations to whoever the 'board manager' is. You moved a completely irrelevant group of people and didn't even bother tackling the larger problems of the board.

Look at this, this is /tg/ right now. I'm glad you got rid of those quest threads so we didn't push out the latest in "Shantae reference" or "what kind of dragon would you fuck?". Or how about that 'clang clang clang' thread that belongs in /wsr/?

This isn't just about poor quality threads and thinly disguised requests, no no. Let's talk about a bigger problem at hand:
>>
File: 38_generals.jpg (902 KB, 1815x939) Image search: [Google]
38_generals.jpg
902 KB, 1815x939
>>521616
Thirty eight fucking general threads.

That's three, followed by an eight. I couldn't even fit them inside of this screenshot.

There is no reason for /tg/ to have thirty eight general threads. That's absurd.

Why was /qst/ created, of which there have never been more than thirty quests on the board at a time, when /tgg/ - /tg/ Generals would have served far more people and had a much wider variety of topics?

Last week has been more of a failure in meddling with perfectly static communities than it has been fixing glaring problems of a board. You just need to stop.
>>
>>521618
maybe give it more than a week
>>
>>521616
>>521618
Agreed, mods should watch for suspicious activity and ban the butthurt questfags that are creating these new generals.
>>
>>521616
>>521618
What a weird false flag. Quests are still on /tg/, why would anything have changed?
>>
Cry your salty tears.
>>
Christ that's a lot of generals.
I don't use /tg/ but it saddens me all the same to see another board suffer that much - especially since it's a new vector for cancer to spread from.
>>
>>521688
>New
I've seen every single one of those generals around for literally months or years.
But I also don't think generals are really a problem inherently. It's when they start festering that they get bad. Right now, people can and do make threads that could very well be in an already existing general and get answers that aren't just "take it to the general".
The most recent one I noticed was someone asking about the X-wing miniatures game, and they got all of their questions and concerns addressed and there was literally one guy who even mentioned the general, at the end of an otherwise constructive post.
>>
>>521738
So this OP is falseflagging, huh? /tg/ seems pretty good right now. Maybe OP's feeling a little unsafe because he's no longer in control.
>>
>>521691
>>521743
>falseflag

Do you even know what this word means?
>>
>>521743
you can say it's pretty good right now, but your board still has thirty eight generals on it.
that's not 'pretty good' unless you hang around inside a general all day yourself.
>>
>>521616
>Look at this, this is /tg/ right now.
it looks completely fine you fucking crybaby.

It looks like a good blend of generals, discussion, quest, and a few funposting threads.
>>
>>521914
>>521914
Half of that screenshot is general threads. Is that how /tg/ is normally?

I don't know what constitutes a 'good blend' in that case.
>>
>>521848
Either it's a retard or an anti-quester trying to present an intentionally flawed version of his opponents position.
>>
>>522026
Op said there were 38 general threads, out of the 150 on the catalogue id say thats not that big of a deal.
generals do tend to get bumped to the front more tho
>>
>>521618
This is why you never listen to /qa/. Hiroshimoot take notice
>>
>>522115
Especially considering what it would be like if all the questions and discussion in those generals was strewn about in /tg/.
>>
>>521618
Consider that, unlike video games, TTGs get continuous content releases. There is no such thing as a thread that hits everyone on the board, as every game is separate from every other one; there is almost no overlap, save for worldbuilding threads.

If every single card release or meta change needed its own thread for every game the board would be unusable. Some of those are also ongoing projects, where separate threads do not make sense.
>>
>>521856
>I am triggered by a word

see

>>521738
>>
>>522032
Check >>>/qst/5

The Questfags started trying to convince people that Generals are worse than quests. It's their new tactic for shitting on /tg/
>>
>>521618
>Why was /qst/ created, of which there have never been more than thirty quests on the board at a time, when /tgg/ - /tg/ Generals would have served far more people and had a much wider variety of topics?

because those generals are /tg/ related. Quests are not
>>
>>522115
According to certain people who have been making a lot of noise recently, the front page is literally the only important part of the board and any thread that gets bumped a lot should be culled to make room for other threads that inevitably die because they can't sit on the front page.
Presumably, you then get rid of the next most popular thing to make room on the front page for something less popular, ad nauseam until there's only poker threads or something.
>>
>>522351
>t. A questfag so anally anguished about fanfics being moved off /tg/ they sre trying to sabotage the board
>>
>>521618
Generals aren't even a /tg/ exclusive problem, this cancer has spread all over the site. People are no longer capable of discussing anything here without making their own subreddit.
>>
It's really refreshing when I go to /tg/ right now. Sure, generals still need to be taken care of but exiling quests to their own board is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>523137
But they're not removing quests.

They gave questfags their own board AND they protect them on /tg/
>>
>>523154
It's that trial thingy, right? When /qst/ graduates from being a test board /tg/ will be rid of quests, right? Just like how /d/ was freed of western filth?
>>
>>522303
Quests were /tg/ related for ten years. You want to tell me that those thirty eight general threads about

>SS13
>Minecraft
>Jojo's bizarre adventure
>Capeshit
>Custom cards
>Towergirls

ARE /tg/ related? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>523154
>But they're not removing quests.
Right, they're removing you for shitposting in /tg/ like a retard.

https://desustorage.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/
>>
>>523137
>It's really refreshing when I go to /tg/ right now.

You can literally not tell the difference between the front page then and the front page now. Generals have ALWAYS been more prolific on /tg/ than quest threads.

Furthermore, there are still quest threads on /tg/, so any difference you are seeing is because of placebo that you're too dumb to not recognize.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.