[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been reading 2ch lately and I'm amazed at how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 33797903.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
33797903.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
I've been reading 2ch lately and I'm amazed at how on-topic they are.

Why is 4chan such a shithole in comparison? Is it the diversity? Are the topics too broad?
>>
>>517833
I agree can we have a ramen board
>>
>>517833
They aren't delusional enough to think that what makes something "good" is an objective set of standards completely unrelated to your enjoyment of that site.

Which sadly seems to be what at least 50% of 4chan users think today.
Personally I think it's because they all want to be able to tell someone they use 4chan one day and not be embarassed. So they're constantly trying to police 4chan and make it look clean and cool. Instead of just taking it easy and enjoying themselves while they're here now.
>>
>>517833
>frogposter
>reading 2ch

Don't lie.
>>
>>517869
What's the matter? The artificial lines you draw on 4chan to neatly categorize users based on the type of images they post isn't working?
>>
>>517833
4chan has been based off of edginess for years now. You can't do much better than the shit foundation you stand on.
>>
It's because normalfags don't go there.
>>
>>517882
I was just trolling but that's pretty good, I'm gonna use it when people complain about anime posters.
>>
>>517888
It's Japanese Reddit though
>>
>>517910
Defend.
>>
>>517910
You should see what they say about this place.
>>
>>517833

It's a culture difference, both in the sense of Japanese or East Asian culture vs rest of the Internet in English, along with website culture differences.

moot was a big part of why we are shit now. He, in my opinion, tried to solve problems with short sighted solutions that appealed to newcomers rather than long time users, and involving as little "innovation"/new code as possible. Stuff like generals and creating /vg/, policies on /a/ with loli and other topics, etc. Also, his antics.

He was a good founder, all things considered, with his intentions and everything. But the main thing I feel like he did wrong was his lack of trust and acknowledgement of his own shortcomings in regards to leading the site and not addressing them at all, when the site really needed them.
>>
2ch is a textboard, right?
That's your answer. Textboards are better, less shitposting.
>>
>>517990
How do we make textboards big in the west?
>>
>>517833
It's because 2channel is like the facebook of japan.
>>
>>518037
Are you two friends? >>517910
>>
>>518041
2channel and 2ch are completely different sites.

2ch is a textboard, calling it Japanese reddit is accurate.

2channel is a chan.
>>
>>517992
I don't know. 4chan used to have textboards, but they sucked because they were already associated with 4chans shitposting weeb-culture.

>>518045
But you can't create your own boards on 2ch, so it's not like reddit.
>>
>>517992
In "the west" I wouldn't really have a solid idea and also regular forums are still quite fucking popular, just not the same as 2ch's format but functionally similar for all kinds of interests. However I would vouch to bring back 4chan textboards, especially for things that do not have imageboards but do not actually need constant images, so that people actually have a logical reason to use them.

/prog/ - programming
Would help people escape the vapid consumer product whoring that is modern /g/

/lang/ - language
A perfect place for DJT on /a/ to go

/qst/ should have been a text board, so it would be like the text RPGs on 80s/early 90s PCs.

Some text boards could prove interesting alternates to some popular boards here. For example a /pol/ or /v/ without images would remove some (not all, just some) of the common shitposting avenues that shit up those boards. There's no guarantee they would be any more of civilized places than the current iterations, but a /pol/ where people can't post their jew memes and pictures making fun of various races/politicians/parties could be a different beast altogether, in that it might be favorable to people who actually want to discuss politics.
>>
>>518045
2channel is the textboard, which has URL "2ch"
futaba has the URL "2chan" and it's the imageboard

and why the hell would you even think either of them is like reddit?
>>
>>517976
>both in the sense of Japanese or East Asian culture

It's just Japanese culture. Koreans and Chinese people are massive shitposters on their respective memeforums compared to Japanese people.
>>
if the bigger boards were split up it'd decrease a lot of the shitposting
eg. /v/ gets split up into netgames and videogames
/g/ gets split up into /prog/, /technews/, /hardware/
>>
>>518108

It depends on where you look. I can only speak for Chinese people since I've browsed around in some of their forums. They tend to be pretty respectful to each other with some of their anime and game boards, barring the stupid forum threads they have for inflating postcounts where you find a lot of stupid stuff there and sometimes there is drama. But impact is mostly limited due to large population.
>>
Would there be demand for an English messageboard? Would you post there?
>>
>>518060
>Actually want political discussion here
Othersites like faggeddit serves it already.

Bringing in politics killed the site.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.