[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/ drawthread art scamming syndicate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: happybirthday2u!.jpg (196 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
happybirthday2u!.jpg
196 KB, 600x696
Why haven't the mods crack down on the art scamming team that has been active on /a/ for all these years?
These guys, consisting of a couple of anime artists, samefags hugbox replies to each other and talk about commissions and link sharing in the Drawthreads and WWDs so they can fool gullible waifufags to pay them for requests.

i mean just look at this, one delivery is made by a random drawfag and another made by one of the people in the ring:
>>>/a/140689012
>>>/a/140689014
The random drawfag literally got no replies while the ring member almost broke the post despite his work is literally a trace of someone else's.

These guys made thousands of dollars from being commissioned on /a/ drawthreads and they always posts their contacts and links whenever necessary. I wish the moderators keep an eye on these people, they're dishonest and they are known to raid /v/ drawthreads, shitting on honest. draw-to-imporve drawfags there to get rid of them so they can replace them with members of their own ring.
>>
Anyhow, read this entire thread >>>/a/140681309 and pay attention to the people talking about commissions at the end of the thread.

Why are they allowed to do this? Lots of drawfags which are better dont even charge as close as the members of the ring, these guys charge $30 for a shitty 5 minute sketch while starving artists do those for literally nothing and put a max $40 for a full color work with them on their highest potential.

A member of the ring, paintr got paid $1000 by the gullible /a/ regular people to draw their waifus on a collage. Imagine that.
>>
lay off the meth anon it's making you paranoid.
>>
>>508150
The proof is literally there. If you've been to /a/ drawthreads, a nobody drawfag will always be ignored while members of the ring (I'm gathering data on them) will always be celebrated no matter what their skill levels are.
And these dishonest people always have comm infos charging ridiculous prices for their mediocre works on their sites.
>>
File: 1241187498915.png (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1241187498915.png
20 KB, 640x480
All drawthreads are trash
>>
>>508170
Only /a/ due to it being a hotbed for scam artists.

Paying attention to this now
>>>/a/140696379

We got other deliveries, but all overlooked.
>>
File: YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.jpg (117 KB, 782x835) Image search: [Google]
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.jpg
117 KB, 782x835
>paying for fanart
A waifufag and his money are soon parted.
>>
>>508247
I'm not joking when i said thousands of dollars were spent of these.
Retrace back the threads and you'll be surprised how much these people got away with shilling.
>>
>>508256
Cry me a fucking river, weeaboo.
>>
Now that the guys has been called out they're pretty much non existent. Or maybe because a non member of their scam syndicate made the OP pic.
>>
>>508256
Good going, are you working with the IRS to figure out a money laundering scheme?
>>
>>508132
Take this to /ic/
Post this thread without the mod stuff and you'll get more of the /ic/ shitposters going to /a/.
>>
>>508132
anon did you draw that anime girl and get upset no one liked it?
>>
>>508342
nope
But i did try to make a point
>>
>>508367
I searched the entire thread and the only links were imugur and a throwaway email.
What are you complaining about again ?
Hug boxes or a scheme ?
>>
>>508159
>members of the ring (I'm gathering data on them)
Who are these shadowy members?
>>
Literally, just look at this.
>>>/a/140711135

/a/ drawthreads are shit because of these fucks
>>
>>508132
Wouldn't charging people count as advertising and be ban worthy?
>>
>>508132
Drawfaggotry should be banned from /a/ in the first place. Why do we even have /i/ or /ic/ if these faggots are allowed to set up a general on any board they want and circlejerk about their drawing all day?
>>
>>508478
You know /a/ isn't the only board that has drawthreads?
>>
>>508149
if anon's wish to pay some artists more for what you perceive to be less it is their right to do so

that's capitalism. If those artists charging only up to $40 were worth it they wouldn't be starving
>>
>>508132
>Going to /a/
There's your problem
>>
Do you have a link where I can continue reading this epic fanfic?
>>
File: 1451621421491.gif (424 KB, 248x300) Image search: [Google]
1451621421491.gif
424 KB, 248x300
>>508132
It's definitely happening, it's just you present it like it's the biggest conspiracy and should be purged. No-name artist don't get recognition and that's nothing new. Drawthreads have their inner circles and their own favorites, who can gain money with traced low-quality sketches: this is nothing new either. I don't really understand what you're trying to do OP, you really cannot change to system by complaining. It's like you've just lately realized how shit the threads are and what sort of circlejerking and drama nest the threads really are. It's not something you can change by spamming this topic on every board.
>>
>>508132
Those threads shouldn't even be on /a/.

>but muh OC

I never see the images from those threads posted anywhere except those threads.
>>
>>508504
>if anon's wish to pay some artists more for what you perceive to be less it is their right to do so
Pretty sure it's against the rules to use this site for your personal business.
>>
>>508524
>you really cannot change to system by complaining
Raising awareness is the ONLY way to promote change, retard.
>>
>>508527
I actually only request stuff there for the purpose of use in other places.
>>
>>508533
Unless you actually manage to change to system by "raising awareness", my original point stands. And we both know what's going to happen in the long run.

You should just avoid the threads if you've become aware of the cancer plaguing them. The only possible result of your awareness campaign is to get mods to ban the threads as they devolve around marketing, but then again, that wouldn't be "changing the system" but "eradicating the system", and I don't know if that's even your ultimate goal, as you seem to be fighting against perceived injustice, not the threads itself.
>>
>>508132
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRl7OC1tvAw
>>
>>508527
I don't know where you look at, but I see plenty of images from those threads getting posted on other threads, boards and sites.
>>
>>508132
Hey Maldraw getting banned 8 times from every board with a drawthread and perma banned from /pol/ wasn't enough for you?
>>
>>508541
He spammed his his tumblr and keep begging for money from people in the threads. He has done it is other draw threads too and is mad that people told him to fuck off and the fact that in ban evaded like 6 bans a day in the /a/ drawthreads becuase he was he was getting reported for trying to scam people.
>>
File: chink.jpg (2 MB, 846x4069) Image search: [Google]
chink.jpg
2 MB, 846x4069
>>508545
Reminds me of somebody.
>>
>>508548
>i got banned for asking a question
>you can literally see he got banned for advertising

My sides are on fire
>>
>>508548
I guess it's fitting that a /pol/tard came up with this retarded conspiracy theory: >>508132
>>
>>508551
I think he thought the /a/ waifufags would make him good money or something, but they are in fact actually pretty smart. Funny seeing him in a thread on /a/ trying to tell someone if they send him $60 then he could get a tablet and draw his waifu better.
>>
>>508558
/a/ drawthreads actually have pretty high quality drawings when people want to do them. There's actually quite a few professional artists that drop by to draw. So in that sense /a/ got spoiled, so when malfag comes to /a/ thinking he's the shit because the people in /pol/ think he's good, he gets ass blasted because even the worst drawfags on /a/ are better than him.
>>
>>508558
Waifufags are willing to pay drawfags that charge $120 and higher, but those guys are good. He isn't. He thinks that the replies and the people asking if they can see their page is a tactic to push commissions. Thing is, this rarely happens, and when it happens it's a new drawfag that's just good.
>>
>>508470
ok now this is getting sketchy.
>>
>>508607
no, but looking at it, they're just tracing the reference pose and just placing the desired character on it. which is a taboo among artist, so i can see OP's point along with my previous statement >>508609
>>
>>508615
All he did was took an artist who traced (and who was called out within an hour of doing them) and is acting like /a/ commissions them to draw.

Unless they're really cheap, the people /a/ commissions are usually pretty decent.
>>
>>508615
It's literally what they requested, well the abridged version of it, but as others said he was quickly called out on tracing.
>>
>>508132
OP, did you draw that picture of Tamaki?
>>
>>508486
That's why I specified "any board they want".

/a/ is just the only board I actually care about keeping this garbage out of.
>>
>>508824
How hard is it to ignore 1 thread out of 100? Does the knowledge that there is a drawthread trigger you?
>>
>>508834
>this meme again
A problem doesn't go away if you ignore it. Off-topic threads are a problem. Drawthreads are completely off-topic.

Especially if money is getting involved, meaning it'll attract shit like >>508548, then it needs to be on the art boards where it belongs. If generals for old shows get banned for being nothing but shitposting and/or waifu circlejerks then drawthreads sure as hell should be banned considering they're not even anime to begin with.
>>
>>508845
generals rarely get banned, they're just frowned upon because it rarely amounts to anything productive.

Meanwhile in the drawthreads we get productive shit done.
>>
>>508845
wonder what would happen if /qa/ had a draw bread...
>>
>>508854
There's nothing wrong with commissions or blogs as they're just information.

Same way someone might hear about blurays and ask how to buy them from overseas. Or ask for the source on a hard to find image/video.

Nobody treats drawthreads as a business, its just free work done in their spare time. 4chan is hardly the best place to advertise yourself.
>>
>>508865
These aren't by drawfags though, they're by people talking about commissioning artists which is unrelated to the threads.
There's no drawfags there going
>here's my site commission me!

This isn't any worse than people stating they're buying LNs or figmas.
Buying shit isn't against any rules nor is stating you're buying shit.
And neither is other people being curious and wanting it as well.
>>
>>508873
Talking about commissions is totally allowed and does not equal to home run. Just let it go instead of bitching in /qa/. The threads are cancer anyway and that fact isn't going to change no matter how many links you post here.
>>
You know, this type of trolling only works when you're convincing enough that people believe you. When you act so ridiculous people don't actually believe anything you say, they just think you're a dumbass.
>>
File: 1384707133339.png (180 KB, 371x387) Image search: [Google]
1384707133339.png
180 KB, 371x387
You're so butthurt it's ridiculous.
>>
>>508892
the dumb frogposter is right for once
we need to nuke the board
>>
>>508897
That bullshit [spoiler]I've even done 3 deliveries today.[/spoiler] But the threads are kind of shit anyway.
>>
>>508852
There's nothing whatsoever you can't do on /a/ that can't be done on /i/ or /ic/, and /a/ is crowded enough as it is. The only reason drawfags stay directly on-board is because they get more attention that way, which is dangerously close to the same mentality shitposters, advertisers, and trolls have.

Whatever anime/manga-related discussion drawfags contribute to /a/ are overshadowed by the discussion of the fanwork itself and requests/commissions (which are also against the rules). The core issue here is that anime and manga is not the subject of drawthreads. If it revolved around discussing artistic aspects of anime/manga (even with a direct link to the drawthread in another board) it would probably be one of the best threads on /a/. However it is not that, instead it's just people circlejerking about their drawings and taking requests outside of boards that exist for requests.

And frankly, the idea you seem to have that drawing something that happens to be based off of anime and/or manga grants you special privileges on the site is a problem in itself. Should we also have an anime politics thread? And an anime cooking thread? And an anime social thread? What makes drawing any different?

Also what happened to drawthreads being restricted to one day per week?
>>
>>508901
There's no drawings in the thread made 3 hours ago.
go figure.

http://drawfriends.booru.org/index.php

knock yourself out and go cherry pick the beginner fags and post them here to pretend all drawfags on /a/ are shit.
>>
>>508905
I don't really understand who the last line is supposed to be directed towards.
>>
>>508905
>56,337 pictures
Holy shit.
>>
>>508908
not at the person I quoted, the empty lines are a delimiter between my quote and talking to the general thread (i.e. the 1-3 shitposters pretending they're multiple people
>>
ITT: maldraws can't get any money from /a/ drawthreads so he wants them destroyed.
>>
>>508923
>not knowing advertising your shit is against 4chans rules
>>
>>508928
Hi maldraws.
>>
>>508928
You should know that maldraws
>>
File: 3_00.jpg (595 KB, 1200x1655) Image search: [Google]
3_00.jpg
595 KB, 1200x1655
Heres a theory, recently since this whole thing began the amount of people complaining about "lewd" art in /a/ draw threads has skyrocketed, with almost whole threads being derailed by the same (very few) shitposters who complain about something which doesnt really effect them at all.

Or does it?

These art scammers (or just greedy drawfags thinking they can make a career from commissions alone) try to find any way to get you to commission, keeping people from drawing lewd art creates a demand, and when the only "artists" available who are willing put their lewd are behind a pay wall, it forces people to pay for lewd art that they would normally get for free.
This is why so many "artists" pitch childish fits when a drawfag draws good quality lewd material, despite the lewd material not being posted (usually linked) which follows the rules of the board, and is extremely easy to ignore by anyone not interested in seeing something lewd.

A drawfag willing to do lewd art (which is more desired) for free takes away from the scammer's potential profits, and so they shitpost any time someone deliver's lewd material in the hope that the drawfag who delivered will feel unwelcome and leave, leaving only the artists who would be more than happy to draw lewd art for "commission"

These types of people often argue that they are artists themselves, and lewd deliveries bring down the quality of the majority of the requests in the threads, when in reality this is false, and their shitposting and whining is what really destroys the quality of the threads.

Someone doing a charitable act for someone else, unrelated to you, does not effect you in the slightest, unless you lose something to gain, and for these people making lewd art something which *must* be commissioned is their end goal.

TL;DR
The whole "dont draw lewds" shit is a ploy to force people to only commission lewd material
>>
>>508942
You posted this already in the earlier threads, didn't you?
>>
>>508944
Repeating the same thing over and over while never deviating is a sign of autism, what did you expect?
>>
>>508945
It was shorter last time.
>>
>>508950
He wasn't as frustrated and angry last time.
>>
>>508942
How can you derail something that wasn't on-topic in the first place?
>>
>>508931
>>508941
who?
I rarely go on /a/
you can even check the archives about that as well
also nice comeback
>lets call him another namefag from a board so we can feel better about ourselves
>>
>>509038
>they got all butthurt when the one that has all the replies didn't get the OP

Holy fuck it's real.
>>
>>509043
Yeah, this is seriously suspicious behavior.
>>
>>508859
/a/ is entirely against all those things
>>
And yet /co/'s draw threads are the ones that are nuked.
>>
>>509223
That's because /co/ has good mods that actually delete rulebreaking threads (as such, they get called Nazi mods, tumblr, and other whiny insults). /a/ mods sit around doing nothing and leaving up "HURR DURR CULTURE" threads and so they're called "the best mods". Fucking stupid site.
>>
Yeah no fuck off Maldraw
>>
>>508931
>>508941
Wow, excellent rebuttal. malaysiafag should be banned along with the rest of the tracefags there.
>>
>>509225
How new?
>>
>>509350
Good question. I too wonder how new are the people who claim /co/ has bad moderation. My guess is, "very new."
>>
>>509010
>I rarely go on /a/
You defend weebs every second post, so I really doubt that.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.