[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible /film/ board confirmed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: IMG_20160424_144444.jpg (59 KB, 552x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160424_144444.jpg
59 KB, 552x960
Clover has just picked up a new board titled /film/: movies and film. It doesn't have anything and 404s, but it seems to mean that /tv/ will split.
>>
{
"board":"film",
"title":"film \u0026 movies",
"ws_board":1,
"per_page":15,
"pages":10,
"max_filesize":4194304,
"max_webm_filesize":3145728,
"max_comment_chars":2000,
"max_webm_duration":120,
"bump_limit":310,
"image_limit":150,
"cooldowns":{
"threads":600,
"replies":30,
"images":60,
"replies_intra":60,
"images_intra":60},
"meta_description": "\u0026quot;\/film\/ - Film\u0026quot; is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of film.",
"spoilers":1,
"custom_spoilers":5,
"is_archived":1
}

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
https://github.com/Floens/ChanTracking/commit/b9c0706bb87df6131742d33e7bf03b7922537204

Btw, you should really really really update that version of Clover
https://floens.github.io/Clover/
>>
If it's real, you can expect it to become /cape/.
>>
>>506168
at least then Hiro can discuss GoT on /tv/
>>
>>506168
Still waiting on "Western Multimedia Franchises."
>>
Really stupid board name. We don't need more retards who think film and movies are two different things. Just going to lead to more pretentious shitposting.
>>
>>506161
Thank you I didn't known that the Google Play version isn't available.
>>
This is a big mistake, but an even bigger mistake is that it's not /kino/
>>
/film/ is too long and a stupid idea.

Like splitting /v/ into Japanese games and Western Games
>>
>>506182
How about /cin/?
>>
>>506182
>/film/ is too long and a stupid idea.
You mean like >>>/news/ ?
>>
>>506155
Ok, but where are we going to discuss cinéma and kino?
>>
Making a film board wouldn't solve anything because the people from there would still be a bunch of faggots from /tv/ forcing capeshit and kino shit. Chopping a pile of shit into two pieces will just make two piles of shit. One might argue that the film faggots have always been the worst part of /tv/ with frodo, abatap, star wars memes and now this capekino dogshit. There are also capeshit TV shows too though and things like GoT are just as bad if not worse than all the capeshit crap so I don't think there is any silver bullet solution.

Since television and movies are pretty much the absolute most normalfag crap media there is, it's no surprise they cannot form a community because they don't care to because they don't respect 4chan. They prefer to have level headed discussion on leddit because they consider themselves ledditors before they do 4chan users. In other words they literally are only here to shitpost and meme so they can take epic screenshots for /r4chan. Why fucking cater to them at all? They don't deserve jack shit.
>>
>>506155
It's a start. Adding /cel/ would help as well.
>>
>>506168
That stuff should be forced into generals. /marvel/ and /dc/
>>
/film/ means /tv/ has no subject.

It cuts the number of posters in half.

We don't need 1000 boards
>>
This is a mistake. Don't do it hiro
>>
why
tv is not that big board
>>
>>506228
4u.
>>
Ok, fine. Now make a rule that cape should go on /co/ or stay in generals and we can start discussing films on this fucking place.
>>
>>506235
This
>>
>>506226
Yes we fucking need it. /tv/ is past the point of two dead or slower boards are better than the current /v/, /pol/ and /sp/ shitposting grounds.
>>
>>506243
*point of return
>>
Moderation should improve too. I've seen webms being deleted on a Neon Demon thread just because they had an actress in it. Meanwhile cuck and all off topic will stay on the catalog for hours.

In no other board on topic stuff gets treated like that. It wasn't even a waifu thread.
>>
>>506226
Probably more than half actually. /film/ would literally just be the new /tv/ and original /tv/ will get shittier for lack of shit to talk about when faced with the reality that 95% of TV programming is completely undiscussable trash and /tv/ was fine enough supporting the handful of noteworthy shows in existence. It's possible that the place would, with its sudden emptiness, start to attract trashy loser garbage even /tv/ does not want to discuss, as in scripted reality shows and the like. Why would anyone remotely consider giving a niche opening to the exact boring unfunny trash demographic that killed /b/? Those morons are arguably worse than redditors.

Finally, having a film board would naturally invite and embolden the celebrity worshipper/stalker types that mods have fought off of /tv/ for years. Fucking blink, fucking go take a piss and come back, and you will find new celebrity threads popped up. Shit would invite another fappening type fiasco. The anon environment had its benefits but using it as a cover for stalker creeper shit is something mods are aware of and should facilitate. That shit literally can endanger 4chan if it gets out of hand.
>>
>>506251
Also typo
>something mods are aware of and should NOT facilitate
>>
>>506251
>>506253
you're reaching way too far anon
>>
/film/ could be a great board but it is essential that Marvel and DC are forced to stay in eternal generals and every time a block buster comes out that it is contained to a general.
>>
Holy fucking shit, it's real

Fuck you hiro
>>
>>506263
eat my shorts
>>
>>506257
Nah, just looking at the facts of what we'd be dealing with and how it relates to mod policies.

Suffice to say it's a bad idea in that it both wouldn't stop /tv/ from being shit butbonly possibly make it worse, as well as export many very shit parts of /tv/ onto a new board which would doom it from the start.

It's not like /v/-/vg/ or /co/-/mlp/ where new distinct guidelines/rules went into their making; those boards were made under stressful times that were literally tearing the original community apart and you don't see such friction on /tv/ itself in its users. The friction is there a bit because some people take a stand against all the capeshit, but no one seems to care, in other words they got run over and diluted out by a tidal wave of the people they hated, just like /v/. Furthermore /film/ would be flooded with capeshit anyway. Once those faggots are here the dream of a capeshit-free film board would only be accomplished by mods making a special ruling against it being there, and I doubt /co/ would appreciate being flooded with capekino shit threads all day and their knowledgeable backgrounds in these movies getting drowned out with various useless shitposts.
>>
>>506243
get rid of the spam and /tv/ is normal sized
>>
>>506155
Why not call it /mov/?
>>
So /tv/ is just going to be television only?
>>
File: sigh.jpg (92 KB, 577x341) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
92 KB, 577x341
>>506225
>/dc/ general
>people huddled together in a hug box trying to convince themselves that Luthor piss was the best part of the movie
>>
>>506288
and capeshit
>>
so now instead of two boards dedicated to capeshit we'll have three

hip hip hooray for hirohito
>>
>>506294
Wouldn't that go to /film/ now?
>>
>>506305
yes but some anons are delusional
>>
>>506305
ya
people have some notion that /cape/ will go to /tv/ because thats what they want, but there's literally no reason for that other than because they want it that way
>>
The initial clusterfuck will be fun. Same as /his/ at start.
>>
How about /yt/?
>>
>>506310
it'll be kind of odd since you'll still have many anons filing into /tv/ assuming it's the same as always
>>
>>506321
And then they go to film and see it is exactly what /tv/ is now minus like 3 generals. Pointless fucking change.
>>
Horrible idea. TV already has very little to talk about outside of capeshit films, Game of Thrones, and baneposting/Sheevposting. Very rarely is there actually a TV show/film worth talking about that couldn't be discussed on /co/. The only recent example I can think of is Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Just split /co/ into /ca/ and /cpsht/ are use /cpsht/ as a containment boards for capeshit films. Problem solved.
>>
Good idea, Hiro!
/tv/ is too fast. This will slow things down a bit.
>>
>>506330
i agree with this but i'm ok with /film/ instead

also test:
>>>/film/
>>>/aldsfkjwo/
>>
File: 1340507656726.png (2 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1340507656726.png
2 KB, 209x215
>Still no /lpol/

Come on. What the fuck, the stormfag have had their own boards for years now.

Also 8ch /leftypol/ is an unusable fucking shithole of gamergaters and the website barely even fucking functions.
>>
While we're on this subject might I suggest filtering "kino" to "shit" on /film/? That way people would be saying capeshit trying to force that retarded phrase.
>>
Should've kept flicks and capeshit in /tv/ and made a cinema board with certain rules
>>
>>506338
/tv/ is too fast because of spam, not posting. posting is actually low, thread creation is too high

That's because of spammed threads
>>
>>506344
We have a board for leftist politics, it's called /pol/.
>>
reddit btfo

based hiro
>>
>>506349
You cannot post leftist discussion on /pol/ you get spammed off the board in minutes.

/pol/s userbase board polices like crazy.
>>
>>506352
Democrat here. That's false. /pol/ has Bernie generals all the time.
>>
Hiro you fool you can't expect the userbase to suddenly become serious because you made a second board.

And thinking that more boards somehow just makes things better is stupid too
>>
>>506348
Bunch of faggot ledditors all want to make epic meme threads and post how many (you)s they got from them in screencaps on /r4chan.

I wish I was joking, but I'm not.
>>
>>506354
Yeah and you'll become a bern victim in seconds.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (14 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
14 KB, 432x288
>>506354
>Democrat
>Left wing
>>
>>506356
slowing down traffic and refining definitions of boards usually helps minimize shitposting due to easier moderation
>>
File: Chin Chong Nippon Hiro.jpg (73 KB, 530x356) Image search: [Google]
Chin Chong Nippon Hiro.jpg
73 KB, 530x356
>>506155
>letsu makeru mole boardu
>letsu notto fix moderasu
If you want this site to becoem reddit so much, then PLEASE force every user to only post with an account. Sill anonymous to the users but you need to login to post.
>>
>>506357
>tfw the only remnants of old /tv/ are the fetishists
I never thought it would get so shit that but that's the current state of things
>>
>>506352
>spammed off the board
But spamming brings your thread to the top of the board. Do you mean sliding?
>>
>>506364
how in the fuck does a new board make moderation easier?

Mods already can't do shit about /tv/ or they would. What makes you think the same mods will do anything now?
>>
>>506370
"Television and film" is such a broad definition that a lot of content can be passed off as on-topic when it isnt. I believe that a lot of this content wouldn't fall into either /tv/ or /film/ and could thus be sent to
>>>/trash/
>>
>>506359
>Demands high taxes on the people who work
>Want to break up banks, but only ones that dont donate to them
>Wants unlimited immigration but only from Islamic countries.
>Wants UHC
>Gives convicted felons the right to vote but denies them the right to bear arms.
Totally not left wing, nope not at all. Must be those damn capitalistic fascists ruining my special snowflake ideology.
>>
>>506374
The same could be said of any board.

But mods are users and clamp down on spam on any board besides /tv/

The point isn't that on topic is so vast. It's that shitty "on-topic" reposted stale memes are spammed.
>>
>>506370
They can control things much more if they wanted to, but they choose not to for whatever arbitrary reasons.

Make it so people can't start threads with "blacked", " cuck" or "easter" in them, "mfw" too if you feel like it, and you fixed a good chunk of /int/. Make it so people can't start threads with "cuck", "what did ___ mean by this" or "kino" in /tv/ and that also helps.

The thing is those only help against garbage thread spamming and can't stop people from being shitters in threads themselves. But it at least forces people to put some thought into threads instead of start out with shitposting right off the bat with nothing more expected from the thread.

So they can do shit with filters but choose not to. There was surprisingly little backlash against the Reddit filtering, and it seems the majority of people across a wide range of boards seriously appreciate the baka desu senpai filters. Not everyone likes being knee deep in shit; I suspect the people who want to keep /tv/ that way do so because they don't actually respect the place or see it as home. They are happy to shit in the house of someone they don't like but wouldn't shit their own beds every day in their own house. In other words ledditors purposefully trash the place and you will have to strong-arm them into submission.
>>
>>506378
i don't disagree, i'm saying is that it will help. at this point i'll take anything
>>
>>506375
God you americans are a joke. The Democrats would be considered right to most conservative/neo-lib parties in the rest of the west.
>>
>>506379
man filters just make f a m into famm or f@m or whatever.

Filters don't replace mods
>>
>>506385
Filters that let posts go through can be easily avoided, but blocking new threads with certain words from being born in the first place is a different matter that can be used to put shit on a leash.
>>
>>506348
Well, it's still too fast, even if it's because of thread creations.

This will slow things down, and most importantly, /tv/ will be free from starshit and capeshit.
>>
>>506388
Yeah in like ten fucking years. Maybe more actually; Disney outright said they will continue to pump out new Star Wars for basically forever as long as it makes money.
>>
This is a good idea. I don't give a flat fuck about TV shows.
>>
>>506390
Starshit will be moved to /film/, of course. /tv/ will be free from it.
>>
>not calling it /cinema/
>>
>>506387
so cunny just becomes cunni or c u n n y

filters don't replace mods because you change the word a slight bit and the thread gets spammed anyway
>>
>>506388
it will only keep things fast on a new named board.

/tv/ will be /got/, /who/, Better Call Saul, and Walking Dead and that's it, aside from the still rampant cunny and blacked spam
>>
>>506399
1) Filter those things too.
2) With a filter in place, the mods can now ban people for bypassing the filter and so it's even more clear cut.
>>
>>506402
There are always new TV shows for TV watching plebs to get obsessed over

That's the style of their disposable garbage entertainment
>>
>>506403
Adding more filters exponentially increases server load.
Checking every post for specific combinations of letters doesn't sound very taxing until you realize that the server is searching for many different combinations on thousands of posts per minute. Every filter added just makes it worse.
>>
>>506403
then the word gets changed evenmore

Have you heard of Bui?

They tried filtering him and it never worked, the copypasta just got shittier as more things got tweaked about it.

Then you got 1000 filters and it takes forever to post because it has a 1000 filters to get checked on
>>
>>506399
I think that's determined more by the posters themselves rather than assuming everyone will circumvent it. The spam filter for leddit shit stoppsd that dead in its tracks. People aren't trying to constantly invent new ways to say it.

If blocking some current hot shitposting words stops not even a majority of people using them but some significant chunk of them, they're worth it because that still helps. It's hard to 100% kill a shitpost/low quality post habit instantly, but they can at the very least be curbed sometimes.
>>
>>506407
reddit isn't filtered, just desu baka and senpai
>>
>>506402
There will be discussions about old shows too.
Sopranos, The wire, Seinfeld etc. Happens all the time on /tv/ but they tend to drown in the sea of capeshit and starshit.
>>
>>506412
And there's always new episodes of the HOT NEW SHOW GUYS LETS GET IN ON THIS HOT NEW THING GOING ON WHAT EPISODE ARE YOU GUYS UP TO? WHOA SPOILERS THIS GUY DIES
>>
>>506412
so get rid of the spam. The real spam.

What did he mean by this?
Bane?
>>
>>506411
Go back to rheddit

Remember that one?
>>
File: 1402859265895.jpg (22 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1402859265895.jpg
22 KB, 600x300
>>506412
>mfw Star Trek can be discussed on both boards
>>
Why not just make more threads

We don't need two boards
>>
>>506421
>We don't need two boards

That's what people said about /v/, /vr/ and /vg/

Protip: You're wrong.
>>
>>506422
/vr/ is dead as fuck and /vg/ serves a different purpose
>>
File: 4chanstats.png (133 KB, 1814x623) Image search: [Google]
4chanstats.png
133 KB, 1814x623
>>506421
we have roughly the third most new threads/min of any borad on 4chan yet a average/below avergae post/min rate
that just means people are posting new threads but nobody is replying
that causes a lot of 404ing for threads that didn't get replied to for 5 minutes but were active
>>
>>506425
that means spam.

People are tired of /tv/ being the shitposting board so OP posts the spam and it 404s
>>
>>506426
yes theres a lot of spam
splitting up the boards will minimize this, so you can just filter/hide spam threads and actual discussion can take place
>>
>>506429
how does more boards minimize spam?

It just means more boards to spam.

The actual userbase gets split so they're easier to get pushed out by spammers
>>
>>506429
This
>>
>>506431
>The actual userbase gets split so they're easier to get pushed out by spammers

Do you have evidence to back this up? Making /vg/ made /v/ incredibly readable
>>
>>506431
i mean you have a point, they can spam both boards, but they're still limited by the post-timer, which is theoretically the only thing holding them back from spamming constantly
so having two different places for them to spam technically splits their spamming in half
>>
>>506434
that is an entirely different case.

This isn't making /tvg/

This is splitting television and movies.

How many Television discussing people do you actually think there are?
>>
>>506431
If there's less traffic more users will report bad threads.
More reports = better mod response = less spamming.
>>
>>506435
spammers aren't limited by post timers.

That's an Ip limitation. If they were limited to one IP they'd just be banned.
>>
>>506441
Report all you fucking want, mods don't answer.
>>
>>506442
is there a way to change your IP in less than 60 seconds?
>>
>>506440
A lot more than you think.

Sometimes I browse /tv/ and see entirely TV show based characters or concepts and have no idea what's going on or if there are any film threads worth posting in.
>>
>>506445
any asshole with a phone can

I'm sure there are other more technically involved ones too
>>
>>506435
Post timers don't apply across boards except for the cross-board thread creation cooldown.
>>
POST YOUR TOP FIVE FILMS

Lawrence of Arabia
Apocalypse Now
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
Rosemary's Baby
2001: A Space Odyssey
>>
>>506243
This. /v/ split three times and now it's totally fixed.
>>
>>506461
/v/ is fixed by being replaced by better alternatives. The rule with board splits is that the cancer always stays put.
>>
>>506463
Dude I've read the /vg/ Five Nights at Freddy's general and it's nothing but furry tripfag ERP shitposting.

Fuck off with your shitty, uninformed opinion tbqh
>>
>>506243
Take the memo and fuck off to some normalfag shit hole to discuss your American television bullshit.
>>
>>506434
>Making /vg/ made /v/ incredibly readable
>/v/ incredibly readable
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>506478
Take this mango. *hands you a mango*
>>
>>506482
Anon please keep that away from me!
I'm allergic!
>>
Fucking retarded. The whole reason you split a board in two is when the types of discussion are incompatible or when one crowds out the other. TV shows and movies have been discussed equally on /tv/ since it's inception. Splitting it would only disrupt the board culture.
>>
>>506536
exactly but Hiro is dumb and thinks more boards = more ad money
>>
>>506536
>when one crowds out the other
As is happening with capeshit and starshit crowding out TV-discussions.

And board culture on /tv/? Who needs it? JUST
>>
HOW MUCH LONGER UNTIL IT OPENS?
>>
>>506552
Hiro went to sleep according to a thread on /tv/
>>
>>506251
>implying fappening was a bad thing

It showed moots true colors and gave him an excuse to leave this shithole.
It made 4chan feel like 4chan and not reddit: edgy edition.

Why do people not like fun?
It's not like the website can be sued for something a user uploads.
They just have to take it down within reason and no one expects mods to be machines and completely purge "undesirable" content within milliseconds.

If people find out about 4chan they will come and visit.
If they are meant to stay, they will stay. The rest will be repulsed and leave, which is great.

Stop trying to treat an imageboard like it's serious bussiness.
>>
FOUR LETTER BOARD NAMES

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>506561
Well, the fappening is part of the reason why I ever came back to 4chan after taking a three year absence.
>>
>>506566
>>>/news/
>>
>>506566
>>506574
Oh please
>>>/trash/
>>
>>506566
moot started that trend with /lgbt/.
>>
>>506561
hiro is after those facebook dollars
>>
>>506461
>now it's totally fixed
/v/ is nowhere close to being fixed and /vr/ was completely unnecessary
>>
>>506579
>>506578
>>506574
and look all shitty or dead boards
>>
>>506590
b-b-b-but anon, correlation and causation aren't the same thing!!
but i understand why you might not know that, you learn it in 8th grade XD
>>
>>506590
So a dead board is one that isn't filled with shitposters and has good discussions ?
Pretty sad if you actually enjoy any of the mainstream boards.
>>
>>506605
/news/ is dead as fuck
>>
File: 2016-04-25-141230_364x572_scrot.png (216 KB, 364x572) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-25-141230_364x572_scrot.png
216 KB, 364x572
>>506605
People who treat 4chan and believe everything about it should be super serious high quality discussion are just equally as bad as low effort shitposters.

Thanks captcha, that makes a lot of sense.
>>
>demand a /film/ board
>/film/ created
>bitch about /film/ being created
Are you fuckers never happy?
>>
File: where do.jpg (35 KB, 700x509) Image search: [Google]
where do.jpg
35 KB, 700x509
>>506625
>Are you fuckers never happy?
>>
>>506625
I'm happy.
>>
>>506614
4chan is entertainment.
The fast paced boards are always the same old boring meme shit.

>>506611
Image boards were a mistake.
The only reason /news/ doesn't get a lot of traffic is because everyone interested in reasonable discusion goes to reddit.

To many underage fuckers with no life other than 4chan and shitty image macros.
>>
>>506625
idiots who don't understand the repercussions wanted a /film/ board.

There's idiots that want every single board that ever could exist.
>>
>>506631
the reason /news/ doesn't work despite hiro shilling it multiple times is because we already have /pol/

moot knew to only make a board if it was needed
>>
how come /lit/ and /mu/ are somehow so much better than /tv/ at this?? this makes no sense
>>
>>506348
/tv/ would benefit from a longer post time immensely
>>
>>506375
>neoliberalism
well ill be!
>>
>>506385
>>it forces them to think
"f@m" looks disgusting and people would think of more elegant solutions to the problem of moderation cracking down on it. that's the real problem here: a good forum is a constant bitch fight between moderation and users. that's what makes it interesting.
>>
>>506634
You're an idiot for one and obviously biased since you don't acknowledge how successful /his/ is.
But I get it, Hiro isn't Moot and you're lonely.

And /news/ is not an image board and that's its issue. If you were on the board during its release you would know that was the #1 complaint.
>>
>>506635
>Music
About music
>Literature
About books
>/tv/
About television and films, literally two separate mediums
>>
>>506631
>everyone interested in reasonable discusion goes to reddit.
No, you are just fucking retarded. Anyone looking for reasonable discussion wouldn't be using fucking reddit, they would be going to small forum/anon board. Reddit is the last place you go for any actual real discussion.

>>506631
>The fast paced boards are always the same old boring meme shit.
Depends on which one and that's because of idiots. The exact same idiots who'll use /tv/ and /film/. Boards spilts are fucking retarded.
>>
>>506638
spammers don't wait for timers

Timers are based on ips
>>
>>506443
I've gotten literally dozens of posts deleted in the past week by reporting them
>>
>>506644
did I mention /his/?

/his/ has been wanted since 08 at least. It serves a purpose, /news/ and /film/ don't

and hiro fucked up /his/ by throwing religion in there too for some fucking reason so we wind up with "bitch about jews thread #600" instead of a pure history board
>>
>>506648
where, /tv/?

even if that's true, I doubt it, but that's dozens of hundreds and hundreds of shitpost threads
>>
>>506590
>shitty
/lgbt/ and /news/ are great you fool
>>
Why doesn't /tv/ allow music video threads? YouTube video discussion? It has recorded audio and visuals. It's like a short show or movie. Totally the same medium! Just like television and film are the same! Just throw it all together! Why have separate boards for separate mediums?
>>
>>506614
nah, i think they're at least a good bit better. not entirely redeemable creatures, but definitely not as bad as the latter group.
>>
>>506651
>/news/

sorry I can't go back to a month ago and talk to you, because that's how long threads last in /news/.

That board is deeeeead. Enjoy your less than 10 post threads.
>>
>>506652
>YouTube video discussion?

there really should be a board for internet culture.

>youtube "stars"
>streamers
>maymays

there would be an audience for it
>>
>>506645
you don't understand. /lit/ and /mu/ have on average (though they definitely have shit elements) pretty good taste. why doesn't /tv/? why can't a couple autists band together and shitpost good actual taste onto the board until everyone gives up and acquiesces? i know some people do do that on /tv/, but clearly not enough. it's strange.
>>
>>506652
For the exact same reason why /a/ is anime and manga. Stop being retarded.

>>506657
>there really should be a board for internet culture.
No there shouldn't be, kill yourself. This one will ALWAYS be one of the most stupidest of board suggestions. There is already two boards for that garbage,
>>
>>506657
/v/ really hate E-celeb discussion for a reason
That kinda shit has no place on 4chan
>>
>>506659
>good taste.
>caring about this shit
Kill yourself. I wish people like you never invaded /a/.
>>
>>506224
>meanwhile celeb gawking shit will still clog /hr/

thanks
>>
>>506655
slow boards ≠ bad boards, Anon
>>
>>506664
>>506665
that shit leaks into so many fucking boards right now though. why is it a bad idea to give it its own board to contain it?
>>
>>506676
Dead boards that dead mean that they shouldn't have been made.

Fix /pol/ first. Hiro knows he fucked up with /news/, that's why he's tried shilling it in the Announcements multiple times begging people to post in it.
>>
>>506678
people really fucking need to give up on this containment board bullshit
we already have /trash/
>>
>>506678
Because containment boards are RETARDED and DO NOT FUCKING WORK. If you have to contain it, ban it. Fuck off with your retarded mentality and kill yourself alongside generalfags.
>>
>>506659
>/mu/
>good taste
>>
>>506678
Also, we already have 'containment boards' for shit that doesn't belong in other boards. You know what they are called? >>>/b/ and >>>/trash/ that is their fucking purpose.
>>
>>506688
Nice meem
>>
>>506681
There is nothing wrong with /news/. If you don't like /news/ then don't go there.
>>
It's going to be a text based board just like /news/ is to /pol/. Don't get your tiddies in a twist
>>
>>506691
see what you say with 4chan has 300 boards because hiro is after that facebook cash
>>
>>506456
>The Road Warrior
I hate you and your kind so much. The first Mad Max is the only one with any real merit

Sebastiane
Phantom of the Paradise
THX1138
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
Day of the Dead

>>506635
Can't speak for /mu/ but /lit/ is absolutely awful. 45% John Green/Mira Gonzales/slam-poetry hate-posting, 45% posters who have skimmed the wikipedia pages of famous thinkers trying to out-pretentious each-other, 10% discussion of literature. The only ones on the board who seem to sincerely enjoy reading are the science-fiction and fantasy posters.
>>
>>506694
I genuinely don't understand what you think is wrong with that. Do you have any idea how many boards 2ch has?
>>
>>506705
4chan isn't 2ch and shouldn't be treated as such.
>>
>>506705
and do you have any idea of how that would affect 4chan if we tried to copy 2ch's model?

2ch is shit for Western people. It works for Japanese people with Japanese mindsets.

Go to reddit or some other site if you want a board for yourself.
>>
>>506705
more boards means more shitposts and circlejerks. You can only split a pie so many times before it's just dust.

The more specific you get in topics the more strangled the posters are.

Go look at /mlp/, they have nothing to talk about, they stumble around with fetish fanfiction because they have nothing to talk about.

Hiro will drain the life out of 4chan, putting us into smaller and smaller cages.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with new boards. 4chan needs about 15 or 20 more boards to handle all the overcrowding and conflicting userbase issues.

ITT faggots who fear change.
>>
File: 1461551271757.jpg (35 KB, 696x423) Image search: [Google]
1461551271757.jpg
35 KB, 696x423
>>506713
>>
>>506702
>sincerely enjoy reading are the science-fiction and fantasy posters
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>506713
4chan doesn't have an overcrowding issue, it has an entitlement issue, where people want to have their own board because they don't want to have to look at differing opinions
>>
File: 1394923478071.jpg (103 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1394923478071.jpg
103 KB, 680x680
>>506712
>Go look at /mlp/
>>
>>506723
I don't think that 90% of a board's catalog being off-topic or post-ironic meta-memeing can be considered different opinions. I can't tell if the capeshit posters on /tv/ are serious anymore or if it's all a joke at everybody's expense including their own with no ending.
>>
Now ill have two boards to post racebait threads on hooray
>>
>>506713
While speed isn't 4chans friend, it doesn't have a overcrowding issue. Fuck off.

>waah waah stop fearing change
Isn't a reason and is more you being an insecure fuck just saying you have to agree with me despite the fact I can't give a good reason why.
>>
Finally there will be room to discuss patrician shows on /tv/.
>>
>>506727
and that's an overcrowding issue?

that's just straightup mods need to ban shitposters issue
>>
>>506732
>mods need to ban shitposters issue
The UN will achieve world-peace before that starts happening so I think that the new board isn't too bad an idea.
>>
>>506727
>I don't think that 90% of a board's catalog being off-topic or post-ironic meta-memeing can be considered different opinions.
That sort of shit isn't solved with new boards. That is a moderation and user problem. That anon, however, is right. Most people who ask for new boards for shit do it because they don't like x group on current board and don't want to be near them. This sort of shit is only even more reason why y board shouldn't be made.
>>
>>506734
You can't fix a moderation and user problem with new boards. In actual fact, it only makes everything fucking worse.
>>
>>506734
why do you think /film/ isn't going to be capeshit and cunny spam? The same mods are going to watch over it and now it will be two boards to watch
>>
>>506739
I'll always be a retarded starry eyed idealist, I'll never let go of the hope that one day people who like movies and have things to say about them will be able to discuss them on 4chan.

Can't it get new mods? Can't a new board be a chance for a better board culture to come about? I know it's all insane but what else can we try?
>>
>>506743
where do you think they'll get the mods for it?

Instead of just passing the buck and making a new board, why not fix /tv/ so it's not the shitposting headquarters
>>
I just want the textboards back famalams pĂªh
>>
>>506745
>why not fix /tv/ so it's not the shitposting headquarters
That's the obvious solution, but after years of asking I'm starting to think it'll never happen.
>>
>>506745
/tv/ is too fast now. Seriously, they're different mediums. Why not? People are just being needlessly fatalistic.

Of course it'll suck at the start because of new board shenanigans, and because of people intentionally spamming it to prove it to themselves, but I would hope that 4chan can be better than the Golden Globes and can split the mediums.
>>
>>506746
Why don't any alternate textboards become big? Textboards are even more dead than alternate imageboards.
>>
>>506751
/tv/ is too fast because of spam and low quality threads being made every minute because it's seen as the shitposting headquarters.

Get rid of the shitposts.

This is the same dumb hiro that wanted to make East /v/ and West /v/, that made /trash/ thinking it wouldn't be a furry board, that ruined /asp/ making it a shitpost haven for wwe manchildren. He has no idea how to run 4chan and just listens to whatever complaining retard on /qa/ thinking they're the majority voice of 4chan, even when they're contradicting themselves.
>>
>>506750 (Dead)
>I'm starting to think it'll never happen.
And yet, no one has actually bothered fucking asking hiro and instead has spammed him with stupid board requests and other stupid shit. You know there is a problem, but instead of attempting to fix it, you go right for the cheap cop-out that does NOTHING and only makes everything worse because you want to have some sort of false hope that somehow everything will work out. It won't work out, it'll only make everything worse. Spitting /v/ did nothing but make it worse and its split boards are just as bad.
>>
>>506755
They clearly either don't have the mod manpower to deal with the threads in a timely manner or don't care. So it's actually quite a simple solution to just split the board. The shitposts get split up and there might be breathing room for higher quality threads.

And again, even if /tv/ was a high quality board at its current speed, it still feels inappropriate to lop the two mediums together.
>>
/tv/ will be generals and shitposting and /film/ will be capeshit and shitposting

not sure if it'll be better or worse.
>>
Good
Fucking cancerous mods once again enabling the game of plebs after school hangout and then again not forcing all that trash into the one thread
>>
>>506753
The explanation I always hear basically goes like this: westerners are attention whores with short attention spans.
>>
>>506757
spiltting up the userbase doesn't split up shitposts.

Spammers spam at the same speed and there's less posters to post non shitposts.

You end in a net gain in percentage of shitposts
>>
if trash like >>>/tv/68698304 is now considered /tv/ related because the teens from /v/ won't go to /b/ then this split is welcome 2bh.
>>
>>506756
I once asked Hiro to purge /tv/'s moderation staff, he didn't reply.

I don't want to split /tv/, but nothing else seems to have a chance of happening. I don't like new boards at all, but at the moment /tv/ is so bad that sometimes I think we might as well kill it. I think that the most likely outcome of the split will be >>506758, if nothing else, it'll bring more attention to the issues.

Maybe after it's tried and failed Hiroyuki will ask 'do you rike new board?' and we can tell him 'no' and then we'll fix it from there.

Also, maybe we'll colonize alpha centauri in 2030.
>>
>>506758
sounds better, at least for /tv/. Most generals will die in the offseason. /tv/ only has /got/, /who/, sometimes a letterboxd general and those are pretty much the only consistent generals. The tendency to make and sustain generals doesn't seem very strong among the userbase there. You have redditors sustaining /got/ and tumblrites sustaining /who/ and that's it
>>
>>506718
>saving shit (literally and figuratively) analogies like this
>>
>>506762
nope, he and other youtubers talk about movies so he's going to /film/

Enjoy two shitposting boards
>>
>>506763
people have been telling him they don't like /trash/ or the /asp/ change for months now, he doesn't give a fuck unless you are paying him
>>
>>506760
I tend to think people pretty much just stick with whatever they have to begin with as long as it still works and nothing shinier comes along.

As far as I know Japan got big on textboards first and so they don't really need to move to imageboards.
The west got hooked on imageboards first and doesn't see the point in going changing either.

I bet people would migrate from imageboards to something akin to a textboard if someone made something that was actually fundamentally different and unique.

It always upsets me when I see how many alternatives there are out there, yet almost nobody has even tried to do anything different. They just make a xerox copy of the same old shit.
8ch tried something different, and that's why it got the attention it did. Turns out it wasn't a good idea, but people are looking for something new. We just have a serious lack of image/text-board creators willing to create anything new.
>>
File: 1426026207398.jpg (94 KB, 466x732) Image search: [Google]
1426026207398.jpg
94 KB, 466x732
>>506155
Sweet, another board in which I can funpost on
>>
>>506770
Ganbare frog poster. Ganbare.
>>
>>506769
It's because these sites depend first and foremost on an active community in order to be attractive to new users. Anything new or innovative you're doing is secondary.

That's why copycat sites pop up and try to take advantage of turmoil or dissatisfaction. You give users a site that's pretty much the same that an exodus can launch to, and then when you have the userbase that's when you can try your new stuff.
>>
Long time fat/tv/irgin here, this is a really terrible idea.

A dedicated /cel/ board would have been the ideal solution only a couple of years ago, but moot's incompetence/arrogance/eventual post-fappening paranoia allowed waifufaggotry to mutate into dedicated shitposting as the only waifufags who stayed on were the ones who did it for attention, whereas the true blue posters moved onto 8gag and wikieat.

Splitting /tv/ in two isn't going to remove some subversive element from /tv/, because the population that posts about television is the same one that posts about movies, that posts stale memes, that spams cunny, and that posts cuck threads. It's not going to halve the problem, it's going to double it, and with no benefit for the community whatsoever.

Please reconsider this decision.
>>
>>506781
filtered
>>
>the board still doesn't work
>>
>>506781
A /cel/ board has always been one of the most retarded ideas and people who suggest it should kill themselves. Those posters should be banned, not given their own little hug box.
>>
I really hope hiro didn't take this to be a strict separation between tv and film. We've been asking for /film/ for years now as an equivalent to /lit/, a slow board for more serious discussion. Not to have an entire board Avengers and Star Wars and another board for Got and TWD

Obviously the easy solution would have been some fucking moderation but its a good 4 years too late for that now

>>506781
If its just slower /tv/ I'll take it. I'm sick of movie threads dying after 8 posts in an hour, and half of those being "literally who" shitposts, or hitting the bump limit due to aggressive intentional shitposting. Take away the people that come to /tv/ for superhero movies and GoT and you probably take away those people too
>>
>>506783
If I were him I would add it during the least trafficked time of day to minimize 'fun' posting. But with the start up of Game of Thrones the board is already going to be high traffic so timing's bad regardless.
>>
>>506785
/film/ will have capeshit. hiro just wants more people and is stupid enough to think more boards = more people
>>
>>506784
Well even though a /cel/ would still be cool to have, it's not really a fix anymore because people don't post celebrities that much anymore on /tv/ and /mu//, which were the two boards that had it the worst in like the 2011-13 period.
But talking from a purely historical pov, fuck you, /cel/ was the answer. Waifuposters made genuine and quality contributions to on-topic threads all the time, and had the sort of institutional memory that /tv/ utterly lacks now. The "just ban them until they go away" worked in so far as it stopped the waifuposting by exiling some of /tv/'s best posters. Now you're stuck with
>fortunate son starts playing
>tell that to zod's snapped neck
>le 4u xDDD
congrats man, well fucking done
>>
>>506757
/tv/ has next to no moderation, but occasionally someone comes through and deletes threads at random it seems. Yesterday threads on "comedy shows that never went bad" and Wes Anderson movies both were deleted for absolutely no reason within 15 minutes of the last post
>>
>>506790
Baneposting was classic 4chan/tv humor.
>>
>>506785
>Not to have an entire board Avengers and Star Wars and another board for Got and TWD
Someone wake me up from the nightmare
>>
>>506790
>Waifuposters made genuine and quality contributions to on-topic threads all the time

>what's her foot game like
>let's discuss her body of work
>what did she mean by this
>>
>>506790
I never thought I'd say it but I sincerely miss waifu-era /tv/. When people talk about board culture thats what comes to mind, not the shitposting you mentioned now.

You really don't know what you've got till it's gone.
>>
>>506800
But then you'd see those same trips in regular discussions all the time.
>>
>>506801
Most things seem better in the past. But they weren't, just different. One day you'll have people nostalgic for current day /tv/, I guarantee it.
>>
>>506790
No, fuck you. /cel/ was never the answer as it would of only made everything worse and if it was made waifufagging would be 2 - 4x worse than how it is right now, retard. "containment boards" are NEVER the answer.
>>
>>506788
and /lit/ has genreshit. just not in large numbers. it has like one general and sometimes people come out of it to be like 'oh has anyone heard of GENE WOLFE' and they get shunned/spammed by '>reading genre fiction', '>reading for plot', '>reading for setting', and then they go back to the general. People got freaking meme'd into reading the Ancient Greeks in Ancient Greek on that board, and then they started making posts in AG, not even kidding, it's crazy
>>
>>506807
/lit/ was not made from /tv/ posters.

/film/ is already thought to be the /kino/ meme made flesh

It might as well have "what did he mean by this?" as it's tagline
>>
>>506797
Nooope.
>>506800
Well I can only speak for the people with tripcodes because they're the only people whose posts you can track. But the old guard definitely had a lot of insight into television from the 80s and 90s, and all manner of schlocky and comfy and less well known films and they would regularly contribute to on-topic discussion. OBSVR and Dem Lov and PosterParent and PHF and Davey and Momsen and :) and Saetre and Eli and Dat Santana all come to mind.
>>506801
For the longest time I had this sort of frame of mind where I thought that it was just nostalgia like >>506804 said. Muffin said it a couple of times too, and it was kind of convincing. But just recently foolz reopened as view only, and I spent a few days looking back over threads from not too long ago, like 2010/2012, and they were just so fucking good. I miss oval. I miss /brba/. I miss summer glau. And I miss the community. The posters were funnier and more knowledgeable and even a little bit cliquey, in a good way.

Anyway I feel ike i'm attention whoring and I'm becoming self conscious of the fact that I care way too much about this.
>>
>>506809
there are so many people into not-mediocre films on /his/ and /lit/ but I guess they probably wouldn't care to deal with the /tv/ crowd. :/
>>
>>506806
Let me rephrase that. "containment" is NEVER the answer. That includes fucking generals.
>>
>>506806
I agree that containment is not a solution. I disagree that /cel/ would have been containment as much as it would have been an outlet for something a lot of the community demanded. And I do think there's a meaningful difference. Containment is /mlp/, where something frustrates a lot of the community and needs to be segregated. Outlet is /asp/, where there's something that a lot of the community enjoys but isn't quite consistent with the subject of the boards it tends to end up on.
>>
>>506804
Absolutely not. I hate current /tv/ and wish I had something better to do with my endless free time

Sure, 2010-12 was when I was a teenager so I may have a nostalgic look at /tv/, but it really felt smaller back then. Like I was talking with the same people every night. I was happy to be there and stay up all night to see the oval before bed. Now I avoid the board unless I have absolutely nothing else to do, and then have 2/3rds of the threads hidden. I feel like I'm wasting my time whenever I write more than 3 sentences because threads die so suddenly or the one response is a shitpost. In the past 6 months the board has went from bad to unreadable in my eyes. It's easy to blame TFA/BVS/TWD/GOT/Avengers but it's building off shit thats existed for a while now

>>506812
>Anyway I feel ike i'm attention whoring and I'm becoming self conscious of the fact that I care way too much about this.
I feel the same but fuck it, someone has to remember when the board was decent and not a cynical timewaster.

I'm going to bed and maybe /film/ will be up by the time I wake up. I just want some place to casually talk about movies, thats all.
>>
>>506813
the /tv/ crowd has more manpower than anything else

The shitposter always win because rock beats scissors. Spammers post faster than ontopic people. You need mods to beat shitposters and without bans the board goes to shit.

Making a second piece of paper doesn't make it scissors-proof.
>>
Have you faggots finally accepted that we need new boards?
>>
so many people overseeing the main thing this will solve: TV AND FILM ARE NOT THE SAME MEDIUM. they have completely different languages, icons, references, audiences, etc. im very invested on knowing about film, but not much interested on tv, so my chances of finding something interesting are cut by half just out of format.

tv and film together is manga and anime together. its comics and literature together. not only are there mediums with subdivisions, there are board for specific franchises (pokemon, mlp) so its pretty ridiculous that it took this long.
>>
>>506829
Reality television and serial dramas have completely different languages, icons, references, audiences, etc. I guess we'd better split /tv/ in two as well after we split it from film, right dickhead?
>>
FILTER ANNE ERIN.
DO NOT REPLY TO ANNE ERIN.
REPORT ANNE ERIN.
>>
>>506829
tv and film do not have "different languages", the language is identical outside of experimental film. The distribution is different, two different ways of showing motion pictures
>>
>>506829
>tv and film together is manga and anime together.
You only only providing reasons to keep them together, mate. Anime and manga SHOULD BE TOGETHER and its one of the reasons why the board was ever good. They might be different things but they are similar and a lot of the time intertwined, which is why they share a board. Kill yourself, retard. We don't need everything separate. This place is more fun and interesting when shit is put together, not segregated from each other.
>>
>>506828
you have no reason except "I don't like talking to those guys over there, I want my own place to self fellatio"
>>
>>506829
tv and film use the same actors and actresses, use the same franchises, use the same companies

They are interconnected
>>
>>506829
>TV AND FILM ARE NOT THE SAME MEDIUM
they get closer every week. hbo/netflix/starz/etc have already begun taking over the middle ground of audiovisual entertainment. that's partly why movies are all becoming blockbusters or oscarbait . all the other stuff is slowly moving to high budget cable and network shows. even mid-low budget shooty-stabby and jumpscare movies are being produced by companies tied to television production.
>>
>>506833
Suck a dick
>>
>>506845
This tripfag is violating GR3.
>>
>>506838
Well get over it already. Hiro is making new boards whether you faggots like it or not. Some of us here are very grateful. Don't worry, I'll be happy to thank Hiro more than enough for both of us.
>>
>>506847
Look at what hiro has made! does anything except /his/ work? And /his/ has tacked on religion shitposting

/film/ is just another shitpile for shitposts, fix /tv/ instead
>>
>>506831
because this has already been done for other mediums, hopefully.
>>506834
yeah okay maybe i went too far with that, but film is much more advanced than tv just out of time. at the very least the language of film is not very often properly applied to tv. which is why people refer to some recent tv shows (sopranos, breaking bad) as "cinematic"... it just feels like different enough cultures.
>>506836
>kill yourself, retard
embarassing.
>>506841
not that often, really. companies havent been relevant in the creative process for decades. i dont know about many franchises that are interconnected (star wars? pokemon? who gives a shit, not that many), and even the actor part is very segregated too.
>>506843
if anything more and more television shows are employing elements from film, but its still a far enough.

anyway i have no saying on whether the board will actually exist or not and i have too much to do to stay arguing. whatever works.
>>
>>506847
Hiro listens to /qa/, despite that most of the time being a terrible idea.

Maybe he'll see this and rethink things like he rethought the /v/ split
>>
>>506848
Your definition of "work" and the reality are two different things. Thank God you aren't a mod or janitor, your standards are way too damn high.
>>
>>506850
I hope he does listen to /qa/ because I've been asking for many more boards to be made here besides /film/.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.