[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: troll.jpg (230 KB, 1336x881) Image search: [Google]
troll.jpg
230 KB, 1336x881
Explain yourselves
>>
One thing that's wrong about that is that trolling has never been group based. It has ALWAYS been something done for personal satisfaction. But it's mostly accurate.

I don't understand why people purposely respond to trolls now. It's like everyone suddenly became very stupid.
>>
>>477716
2007 and 2010 saw a huge influx of American youth. They are both extremely stupid and extremely egocentric which naturally leads to a posting culture of cheap and easy flaming for instant attention. People respond to it because they treat threads like a stage with an audience, not an anonymous fleeting space for honest discussion. It has gotten so bad that I am overly hesitant to make lengthy posts or really open up for discussion because the more of your mind and thought you post, the more vulnerable it becomes for some little shit some come out of nowhere, mock something out of context for an obviously absurd brand of "ironic funposting" that will spark another handful of these narcissistic fucking manchildren to respond with the same level of tactless flamebaiting and suddenly a quarter of the thread has gone to shit.

The Internet culture of the early 2000s has gone for good and the new "fun" is more accurately "highly aggressive and antagonistic insult throwing for an audience that doesn't exist". It fundamentally lacks creativity and spark. Hell, the old copypasta spammers were more creative than the spam shit you see now. It's just all too fucking predictates.
Last week in a thread on both /a/ and /g/ I made over half the posts in the threads, using multiple IPs, taking posts from older versions of those threads from the catalogue and they all responded the same fucking way and it fell into the same arguments, and all I could do was sit back and watch, making posts ever other moment that did not relate to the stupid pointless arguments the rest of them were going on with. None of my fucking posts were deleted. The anons in the thread may as well have been fucking posting bots with programmed responses to input.

They newer generations of anons straight up have an autistic lack of imagination and seem to be on the constant backfoot, afraid of organic discussion and spontaneous expression; stuck in some sort of pavlovian conditioning.
>>
>>477746
Tl;dr
>>
Case in point, like clockwork.
>>
>>477746
Oh fuck I feelt that flashback syndrome way too many times on /v/. Every response seems automated with a slight variation of attached image and 1-2 words.
>>
>>477713
It's a fucking myth. OG trolling composed of posting 1 furry pic and you derailed a thread to oblivion

People need to stop romanticizing old 4chan.
>>
>>477746
>It has gotten so bad that I am overly hesitant to make lengthy posts

Those times when you make on-topic replies, addressing what the OP wanted, but you dared go above one sentence, and further dared post a whole paragraph.

When did a lengthy reply become a bellwether for "you're from another website?" I get this sensation that people have become overly familiar with text-messages and Twitter, if a paragraph a jarring and insurmountable obstacles.
>>
>>477746
>he doesn't like irony
>he doesn't like funposting

Wow who let the reddit in
>>
>>477713
>Wasn't the main form of interaction
maybe not for you.
>>
>>477872
>When did a lengthy reply become a bellwether for "you're from another website?" I get this sensation that people have become overly familiar with text-messages and Twitter, if a paragraph a jarring and insurmountable obstacles.

>>477894
>Wow who let the reddit in
>>
>>477746
this is only on the worst boards, but I can't name the better boards where I have seen the very opposite sort of posts as described here, that have formed the best moments I've ever experienced on this site, lest the treasure be found and ever besmirched. Ah, all of it will fade away in time.
>>478137
this
>>
>>477746
>Hell, the old copypasta spammers were more creative than the spam shit you see now.
Fuck off. This is a damn lie and you know it.
>>
File: 1177726629028.png (19 KB, 864x787) Image search: [Google]
1177726629028.png
19 KB, 864x787
great thread. A++++ would read again
>>
>>478137
I like the irony in this post because its made by a redditor
>>
>>478227
LOL
>>
>>478200
>This is a damn lie and you know it.
It isn't a lie and you know why I know this? I was there.

>>478206
>07
That the year the site went to hell, newfriend.
>>
>>478206

>Hiro will never accidentally reset all the post numbers then post "oops" on /b/ while everyone panics
>>
>>478241
requesting this for april fools's
>>
>>477746
I'm seriously thinking of making a shitpost generator using Markov chains by datamining each board and studying word frequencies and shit. At this point 4chan has gotten so bad most of its posts sound computer-generated anyway.
>>
>>479214
/pol/ did that by raiding a chatbot.
>>
>>477716
millennials happened
>>
>>477713
Here
>>
>>477713
What was cool got old and stale but is effectively the exact same thing.
>>
>>479214
You'd only have to use data from the past week for most popular boards.
>>
>>480886
bair is rhe bew troll
>>
>>477716
How do I even distinguish the troll and serious post?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.