[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For fuck's sake, when is this place going to have some kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 12
For fuck's sake, when is this place going to have some kind of accountability for their mods and janitors???? /co/ and /v/ are the worst offenders for this because the shitheads that have the most power do whatever the fuck they want and don't follow the rules they were hired to enforce.
/co/-
>Generally fast response, but incredibly biased
>If you report something against the rules and it doesn't get deleted in 10 minutes, it means they don't care
>Moderate purely on personal opinion and beliefs
>Easily triggered over anything they don't like, even if its not really against the rules.
>They get away with it by only giving warnings, or nothing at all, so they can inject their opinions without bothering the actual mods for bs

/v/-
>Slow and lazy
>Just sort of glance at the report queue every once in a while and delete what sticks out
>Only moderate in spontaneous waves
>No fun allowed, but they're a little less biased about it at least
>Have trouble recognizing obvious bait threads where the OP isn't aiming for vidya discussion
>Sometimes focus too much on individual threads while the rest of /v/ burns

Hiroyuki sensei I suggest that all Mods and Janitors on every board should have IDs whenever they post or ban someone just as a form of accountability to keep this from happening. That way, if one over steps their bounds, users can report them and they can be held accountable for their abuse of power if they get too many complaints.
>>
>>464470
>/v/

Sorry to say, /vr/ is affected as well. Our Dreamcast threads keep getting deleted for "not retro," even though the sticky clearly states they are retro. Go figure.

The janitor is barely active to begin with, but when he is, he not only deletes Dreamcast discussions, but also nukes random posts from various other threads all in one massive sweep. I started a thread about Gauntlet once. Gone within minutes, and I was even warned for posting it.

And then there's literal homophobia enforced by the janitor. People complain about jannies having a left-wing bias on other boards, but it's the complete opposite on /vr/. You can't talk about LGBT characters who appear in retro games, much less subjects like same-sex romance in The Sims or Baldur's Gate. Even though the janitor is barely active any other time, those posts get deleted *very* quickly.
>>
>>464474
It's pretty hysterical what goes on in /vr/

I saw a post calling someone an annoying nigger faggot. Im cool with that. But the posts responding to the guy were all deleted.

What the fuck man
>>
>>464496
The post in question.
https://desustorage.org/vr/thread/3029714/#3029767

Even my post replying to a replier (which Inthout was funny) was deleted.

https://desustorage.org/vr/thread/3029714/#3030865
>>
>>464496
>I saw a post calling someone an annoying nigger faggot. Im cool with that. But the posts responding to the guy were all deleted.

The weird thing is how arbitrary the post deletions are. Although those posts were deleted, there's an ongoing Gothic thread that's literally 90% shitposting back and forth, complete with death threats. It's been untouched for days despite being incessantly bumped to the first page and reported a dozen times over.
>>
>>464470
/co/ mods are good, though the board is not as fast as /v/, /tv/ etc. I reported some /pol/ bullshit and had to wait for an hour, it did eventually get deleted though
/co/ mods are pretty harsh against shitposting, I tried spamming a thread which gave me 300+ replies on /tv/ and /v/ but /co/ mods saw through my bullshit and banned me

I just wish they would start deleting the NSFW cheesecake/beefcake and ass threads
>>
>>464508
>/co/ mods are good
Yeah, mods that allow anime and video game discussion on a board specifically about western cartoons and comics are great. Not to mention the sjw janitors that delete on topic threads just because they think they are too "problematic". Fuck off.
>>
>>464514
Link to some posts you feel shouldn't have been deleted
>>
>>464515
Nice try janitor
>>
>>464517
Oh so you have nothing to back up your bullshit with?
>>
>>464518
>says im full of shit
>more people have negative things to say about the janitors and mods than positve
>on topic threads of fandoms that mods fucking hate constantly being deleted on /co/
Post some postive examples then hot pocket warrior, otherwise fuck off and go delete a steven universe or Star vs thread for no reason.
>>
>>464520
/sug/ is on 24/7 in trash and there's nothing stopping you from making a star general there too
>>
>>464523
Steven Universe and Star Vs. are western cartoons and the deserve to be discussed on fucking /co/ just as any other fandom. Deleting their threads just because you hate the fanbase is not only juvenile and petty, but its blatant abuse of power. "Allowing" general discussion only during certain times of the week and monitoring the thread for certain content is complete bull shit and you know it.
Why isn't RWBY general subjected to this kind of policing??? They post NSFW content all the time and not a single one gets deleted, but some one posts NSFW fanfiction its gone almost immediately. If you are a janitor/mod you are apart of the problem, because you idiots think nothing is wrong. Everyone fucking hates you guys.
>>
>>464531
Mods allow Rwby threads on /a/ and spend their time cleaning up their generals from shitposts because everyone hates it.

I'm convinced they make the threads themselves and that's why it's so closely protected.
>>
>>464517
So you have no links?
>>
File: 1mdk5nnh.png (106 KB, 1046x252) Image search: [Google]
1mdk5nnh.png
106 KB, 1046x252
Interest bump.
This seriously needs to be addressed, since Ive been getting banned from these two places in particular for bullshit reasons.
>>
>>464470
I've given up hope on /v/ being improved.

New moot doesn't seem to give a fuck with the malware ads and zero word on any of the actual problems. Throw a few new boards and call it a day. I don't blame him for ignoring us though with the metric fuckton of legitimately mentally disabled people calling for another board split because people discuss japanese games.

>>464845
Culture posting needs to go friendo; that was justified.
>>
>>464845
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>464845
>bullshit reason

You know full well that wasn't a video game thread. It was a thread for that Rugrats meme and the text was a weak attempt to try and pretend you were being on topic. The thread was a bunch of off topic bullshit.
>>
>>464851
>>464855
>>464875
Not my fault thread turned into meme spouting instead of video game discussion. The OP specifically asked for games, and I got banned unjustly for it.
>>
>>464878
No it fucking didn't. Go fuck yourself, you stupid piece of shit.
>>
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/80281852/#80281852
>>
Is that nigger redwood still a mod over at /co/?
>>
>>464904
No one knows for sure, but they lie all the time whenever someone asks about it.
>>
I have no strong feelings on this but I found it odd that this post >>>/co/80513436 was allowed to stay up despite being an off-topic shitpost
>>
>>464950
No, it was on-topic.
>>
>>464845
How does one get to that page again?
>>
>waaaah I got banned for shitposting
>I'm a special snowflake and must be allowed to shitpost!

Like 50% of /qa/ threads now.
>>
http://www.4chan.org/bans

Not sure if there's a link on the site outside of the boards
>>
>>464998
Shit forgot to link >>464977
>>
>>464990
50% of the threads, and 80% of the users.
>>
Can they just instantly ban all of this

>witcher 3/DA:I shitposter
>Corrin's feet shitposter
>Oh shit, I'm sorry
>Rugg and his Why do we hate consoles?
>constant console/nintendo vs sony/pc war bullshit
>is he dead/dying, what do you think of x youtube/twitch user
>I LIKE THAT JUMP/tranny speedrunner garbage
>sjw/gg/twitter screencap shit
>filename threads
>random faggots jumping into threads shouting about shills
>are you winning, son?
>COME
>obvious waifufaggot/husbando thread
>zootopia bunny thread
>a deals a deal
>[spoiler]LOL[/spoiler]
>gamerfuel
>buyfag hotglue shit
>THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE, THIS IS PS4
>randoma asshats posting image/roll derails
>barneyfag
>vidya related request/question with offtopic image
>/v/ visits a news site, doesn't check the catalog, and then posts 10 of the same thread
>all the other shit
>>
>>465093
That would be a good starting point.
>>
>>464474
>start an AVGN thread on /vr/ a couple weeks ago intended purely for legitimate discussion, figure it's okay because there's two Mark Bussler/Classic Game Room threads in the catalog
>my thread gets deleted within 20 minutes and I'm banned from /vr/ for 24 hours

>meanwhile >>>/vr/3027664 has been up for two weeks despite the majority of the discussion being about cuckolding, James' wife and people telling other people to go back to /v/

i don't get it
>>
What exactly do you lose when you get banned that would be worthy of the mods giving you some sort of compensation?

Why exactly should the mods be held accountable at all? Are you losing money? Do you turn a profit off of your 4chan posting?
>>
>>464508
>I tried spamming a thread which gave me 300+ replies on /tv/ and /v/

Why would you do this?
>>
>>465261
It was hilarious
search the archives for "reddit and memey god summer first" with no quotes
>>
File: 1457486267657.png (16 KB, 1326x206) Image search: [Google]
1457486267657.png
16 KB, 1326x206
>>464470
It's also a problem on /u/. By the current global rules, yuri is defined as being of Japanese origin, yet western content isn't removed or deleted. Any posts attempting to discuss whether or not western threads are allowed on /u/ are deleted. What's worse is that the mods refuse to either give an official stance or update the global rules to include western content.

They aren't even consistent with how they apply the rules.
>>
>>465233
Its not about being compensated,dickhead its about mods and janitors upholding the rules they were hired to enforce. I don't know about you, but I find being constantly banned for having an opinion the mods don't like or making threads they don't like even if they are on topic to be kind of annoying. Having accountability of your moderation team is normal for most internet forum's to keep them from acting like highschool cliques.
>>
>>465539
samefag here.
As far as I know, 4chan little to no accountablility for their mods and janitors. That's how those IRC leaks happened and how so much bullshit keeps happening on boards.
>>
>>465287
Oh man, I remember those. You even posted it on /qa/.
>>
/co/'s mods are so active and good at cutting through the BS. We need that kind of moderation on /v/. Hell, we just need the /co/ mods to start moderating /v/ instead.
>>
>>465093
>waifufag threads
They can be OK sometimes. The characters are all from video games, and it's not like they are the worst threads on /v/. The real problems start when people start posting lewd or start to ERP, or even worse, furry posters come in. I know /c/ exists, but /c/ feels like more of a heartless image dump, and some actual discussion can be had in the waifu threads on /v/, even if it is a bit unlikely. I'd say cosplay threads are a bigger problem. There's a board specifically for cosplay and all cosplay things, and many of the posts aren't people cosplaying as video game characters on /v/. They post people cosplaying as anime characters! /s/ dumps seem to be common in those threads as well. You've got people posting sexy anime cosplay on the video games board, when a board for cosplay and a board for sexy girls exist? I don't get it. It's like the people that try to force LOL threads that have little to nothing to do with video games! People need to leave /v/ if they don't want to post about things directly related to video games!
>>
>>465549
>/c/ feels like more of a heartless image dump

I have to disagree with this. I can feel the love emanating from these posters as they fawn over their waifus, and they don't hesitate to have some discussion if someone actually breaks the ice.
>>
>>465550
Their attraction seems all physical (like most waifufags). Video games are my hobby, so the discussions that can be had on /v/ are more interesting to me even when the people there are mostly physical as well. I distrust /c/, and even /a/ to an extent. I don't properly trust /v/, but again, the discussions there are much more familiar to me. I'm pretty terrible at getting along with most other waifufags anywhere I go, anyway.
>>
>>465544
Then only certain games would be allowed to talk about since /co/ mods ban discussion of cartoon fandoms they hate.Also /co/ is full of kids and women.
>>
>>465571
Good. I'd really like to see how something like that would turn out. What would they ban, and what would they allow? How mad would /v/ be, and how hilarious would it be that they could do nothing about it?
>>
>>465581
>advocating mod corruption for epik lulz
You sound like a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>465540
We need another massive leak. That way we can actually show Hiro proof of how corrupt the mods are
>>
>>464508
>/co/ mods are good, though the board is not as fast as /v/, /tv/ etc. I reported some /pol/ bullshit and had to wait for an hour, it did eventually get deleted though
>/co/ mods are pretty harsh against shitposting, I tried spamming a thread which gave me 300+ replies on /tv/ and /v/ but /co/ mods saw through my bullshit and banned me
Nah, man. Just nah.
>>465544
>/co/'s mods are so active and good at cutting through the BS.

The mods on /co/ have never been particularly good for one reason or another for as long as I have known, but in the past few months it's like they're almost nonexistent at times. There's a lot of shitposting that gets ignored entirely and things that get deleted for unknown reasons. Sometimes, whenever I'm in a thread I notice random posts getting deleted for whatever reason very, shit that nobody would probably bother reporting, but even the most blatant shitposting is ignored entirely most of the time.

>>464514
This guy has a point. Off-topic subjects are very easy to sneak onto /co/ nowadays. Sometimes they get deleted very quickly, but other times they are ignored entirely. A common excuse for off-topic threads on /co/ by the people who post them is that the appropriate board is either full of meanies or would probably never ever discuss the subject (even though they're always wrong about that; even hated things like Naruto or the upcoming Ghostbusters movie are discussed on their respective boards).

>>464964
No, it wasn't. The thread was about dead webcomics but that one is still alive. It's a common webcomic to post in threads like LOL threads, and it's usually a guaranteed thread derailing.

tl;dr /co/ mods are garbage
>>
>>465698
I'm pretty sure he can get into the IRC if he wants.
>>
/co/ drawthreads are a weird place for mods
they will leave up shitposting and derailing attempts but the exact moment someone posts anything even slightly lewd they'll all jump on that shit and ban everyone
>>
File: 1445246050358.png (80 KB, 232x216) Image search: [Google]
1445246050358.png
80 KB, 232x216
>3 megaman threads deleted on /v/ even though they were consistently discussing the games
>almost all the other threads on /v/ are "funposting" threads

At this point we'd really be better off just nuking large chunks of the site and moderation/janitorial team.
>>
I'd rather change the /v/ users, desu.
>>
>>466070
Always post a link or screenshot of the thread.
I bet 20 bucks they were loli/shota fap image bumps.
>>
>>466086
As it is, it looks like less than ~30% of /v/'s userbase make worthwhile posts.
>>
>>464470
>/o/
>shitposters are all but confirmed mods themselves
>shitposting threads up for hours if not days
>>
>>466115
I guess your 20 bucks are mine. We were discussing the series mainly, and although there was minimal waifu talk, discussion was focused mostly on the games.

Hell it was one of the few decent megaman threads we had that didn't devolve into shitposting in a while, and some faggot decided to ruin it.
>>
>>465587
Everything sounds like a fag to a fag, fag. Fag.
>>
>>468627
You have to be 18+ to post here little man
>>
>>468651
And why are you telling me this, kid?
>>
http://desustorage.org/co/thread/80810107/
I have no idea why this thread got deleted. It didn't even devolve into waifufaggotry with little girls or whatever that generally gets The Simpsons threads deleted in the first place. I am pretty sure it was deleted at least an hour after the final reply, too.

Whoops. Wrong thread.
>>
>>464508
>>464470
>/co/ mods
>>>/co/80830552/
>>
>>470209
Whoops, link doesn't work properly.
>>>/co/80830552
>>
>>470210
Will nothing be done about this? From what I could tell, none of those posts were breaking the rules, and alot of people probably got banned. This is what happens when you hire people with mental disorders to run a site.
>>
>>470210
Can someone sum up what exactly happened here?
>>
>>470216
Janitor/mod got angry about... something. He probably has a thing against furries.
From some of the replies/earlier posts I've seen, certain generals in /co/ have this problem frequently.

>>470213
There's nothing we can do, since we don't know who janitors are and there's no way to actually report stupid things they do.
>>
>>470221
This is why Hiroyuki needs to give mods and janitors ID's that are given to a user whenever they are banned. That way they can report them if they do autistic shit like this. It will probably never happen, but its the only thing I can think of to stop shit like this from happening.
>>
>>470227
DM it to him on Twitter.
>>
File: Its_ogre.gif (1 MB, 380x206) Image search: [Google]
Its_ogre.gif
1 MB, 380x206
>tfw /g/
Why do mods and janitors hate us
>>
What most people find shocking is /co/ was balanced in free speech FOR YEARS. People could bitch about Liberals or mock the Right and as long as it was /co/-related, nobody tried to shut it down. Then one day, people come on and find Jannies deleting things out of nothing but a Left-wing attitude.
>>
>>470949
I remember when suddenly out of nowhere when we got new janitors, for the first time I got banned on /co/. It was unreal. I mostly followed the rules and stuff so it was weird being banned for just simply expressing your opinion that obviously upset a janitor.
>>
>>464496
I always assume the person posting nigger faggot is a baiting mod and or janny
>>
>>464518
>>464701
You both can't be that retarded.
>>
>>464845
Rugrats 4am posting was fun.
But this is no fun allowed, remember?
>>464851
>Culture posting needs to go friendo
Just burn down the site while you're at it.
>>
>>472660
>replying to almost 2 week old posts
I think we know who the retarded one is.
>>
>>464851
Go back to your sterile shithole called r/games.

Also fuck these mods for ruining /v/
>>
>>465549
> there is a cosplay board
/cgl/ is starting to get increasingly bothered by fetish cosplay shitposting threads though. It isn't that they don't belong necessarily but picture of feet with three inches of cosplay or shitty cosplay with the tits out is going to get shitpost to hell and back. I think sexy cosplay should live on /s/ just because it doesn't seem as hostile.
>>
File: 1413859733618.png (7 KB, 320x299) Image search: [Google]
1413859733618.png
7 KB, 320x299
>>464474
No!

Bully /v/ all you want but leave the other boards out of it.
>>
>>472756
>sexy cosplay should live on /s/
If the theme of the thread and images are obviously sexual, then why shouldn't they be on /s/ as long as it the people posted are female and it isn't hardcore (/hc/)? /cgl/ is a blue board after all, so obviously sexy stuff doesn't work well with the theme of the board. http://www.4chan.org/rules#s As long as it fits, people should post it there.

I swear, /b/ becoming a porn dump board is really rubbing off on other boards in a negative way.
>>
>>464470
/co/ literally has sjw cuck mods and janitors from tumblr. Its no surprise they are hypocrites that stifle free speech.
>>
>>472655
>>470210
Meanwhile, this MLP thread is somehow allowed to stay up for over 300 posts.
>>>/co/80897334
Totally not terrible moderation at all.
>>
>>464470
Putting aside anything to do with /v/ or /co/, I support 100% the idea that all mods and janitors should have unique IDs attached to all of their actions. They should show up when posts are deleted, on a user's /banned page, and on the site's /bans page.

The mods already know who we are due to our IPs, I think we deserve the same accountability of them.
>>
>>465698
>another massive leak
What/when/where was the first one?
>>
>>473921
Sometime before Moot decided to sell 4chan and the janit.eam reform(they required all janitors and mods to provide reallife ids). As you can imagine, most of the janitors and mods quit, because they didn't like the idea of their identities being put on record so that they can be held accountable for their actions, and many of them quit that same day. 4chan hired some new mods, and some of the old ones came back when your ID wasn't required any more so, nothing really changed.
>>
>>472660
They are janitors trying to find that anon's IP so they can fuck him up.
>>
I'm less concerned with the mods deleting things that mostly deserve to be banned, and far more concerned by how they will ignore entire threads for hours. Threads that should be deleted, staying up for a very long time, seem to be a better indication of bias to me.

Still, I know giving the mods individual IDs would be bad for the website. So many people would complain about the mods that have an understanding of the finer points of the rules. Most users are blind to all but the most blatant infractions, and don't realize that it is often the smaller and far more numerous details that are what make the website worse.
>>
>>474055
How would that be bad for the site?
It's just a form of accountability for your workers, especially since 4chan doesn't really have one in place. A mod can ruin someone's life with the information they have on a user, but we aren't allowed to have any kind of way to protect ourselves in case they decide to take something personally? This happened one before when a mod was going to post a tripfag's personal information, but Moot fired him on the spot. No one can stop them now if they decided to this today however. They are all cowards anyway because they fled like roaches when they made it mandatory for real ID's to be provided. From my point of view, it won't hurt the mods, just help keep them in check. And they can ignore bogus complaints obviously if this plan was implemented. No one is going to take a complaint seriously if it came from a user posting CP or whatever.
>>
Correct me if im wrong, but weren't janitors and mods required to always show their trips whenever they posted a long time ago? They post anonymously along side the users now, so they can be in a thread and no one would be the wiser.
>>
>>474110
It's not about protecting the mods, it's about how people will start even more complaints towards mods when they themselves can't understand why something is deleted or what rule was broken. People are still complaining about GG being thrown out for the continued existence of 4chan. and as I mentioned before, most people don't understand the rules well enough to know why they were banned. I just want to avoid all the drama people would always kick up from this. It really won't help if people are going to be unwilling to admit they actually should have gotten their thread deleted, and/or themselves banned.
>>
>>474144
"drama" is an inevitable consequence of accountability. Only a completely mechanical, totalitarian system could ever eliminate "drama"
>>
>>474144
Just because you implement some kind of accountability, doesn't mean complaints are just going to magically pop up. There will always be complaints from users. Common sense will filter out complaints from justifiable bans and deletions. Its not rocket science.The point is to acknowledge REAL issues when a mod or janitor over steps their bounds and start doing autistic shit like banning people for talking about shit they don't like and not because its rule breaking. I stand by my belief that the entire jani.team needs unique IDs whenever they post, ban or delete a thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 262x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 262x417
>>474234
The point is users can complain now, as they always have. The only thing IDs change is now they identify the /source/ of the thing they're complaining about with sufficent clarity to petition for redress.

Back when moot owner and actively operated the site, this wouldn't have been so much of an issue since he could see what was going on and take corrective action as needed. Hiro on the other hand speaks very little English, is on a completely different time zone than most of the anglosphere, and has to juggle other responsibilities, like keeping an eye on 2ch. The only way to preserve accountability is if users can identify issues with specific staff members and bring them to hiro's attention.

I don't understand what's so hard about this.
>>
>>474228
Drama will happen either way. I think this kind system of would cause more drama. I just want to avoid that.

>>474234
I'm more concerned about what they don't delete. Most of what they do delete does deserve to be deleted.
>>
>>474254
By relying on staff to resolve issues internall is kind of a gamble since the jani.team is really cliquey and bound to ignore majority of the complaints if its directed towards one of their pals. Its like what happens when a Police Department gets media attention after they shoot an unarmed black teenager and hold an internal investigation. Of course they're going to say you didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>474270
Which is, of course, why they have badge numbers.

Now I understand fully that 4chan is not a democracy. Hiro owns it, and his word is law. But that also means he has responsibility for his employees. They derive their authority from him. That means hiro is the ultimate and final arbitrator, and to arbitrate, he needs to know what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>474278
What's the difference between hiro arbitrating personally and hiro dumping all arbitration duties on the mythical three-man team that moot left behind?
>>
Imagine if barneyfag became a janitor. Sounds crazy right?
Well guess what, there are probably many people just like him who are janitors.
>>
File: 1448379857619.png (815 KB, 736x711) Image search: [Google]
1448379857619.png
815 KB, 736x711
/k/ reporting out of a similar sentiment. A lot of people are pissed about the five-month standing rule on "no politics, current events, or gun control," I'd actually say the majority of the board. Frankly, it seems very politically biased, and has definitely reduced board traffic. I don't mean it in the sense where "Gee, Leftists get to come in and say things! Waah!" but again in the sense that some threads seem to get entirely ignored while others last for hours of shitposting, with no recourse. Lots of people coming in saying "Wow Americans, how can you deal with this gun violence, you plebs?" or some similar shitpost that lasts for bump limit, while legitimate questions about gun control get deleted. It's very frustrating.

Way back, I'd say about 1/3rd of the whole board was about politics and current events of some form, but almost always relative to gun control or the military, of which /k/ is the de facto
board. There was a bit of a problem regarding /pol/ spillover, which I admit has gone down, but is still clearly fucking present and was not worth the loss of discussion otherwise.

A lot of people came to /k/ in ignorance or fear of guns, or even a hatred, and it used to be that you could post legitimate arguments and discuss the matter with relative civility, and that is gone now. It was as huge as taking generals off /v/, but now there is no board to really discuss it. We all know how much a cesspool /pol/ is about that sort of thing.

The fact of the matter is, knowing about gun control and political measures relative to guns, as well as the very laws of their possession and manufacture, US, EU, or otherwise, is intrinsically important and central to gun ownership and the discussion of such. And quite a lot of the board is pissed that that is entirely shut down now after an entirely arbitrary decision we had no say in.

tl;dr: /k/ agrees, we need some form of ID, complaint form, something, to gain accountability and account for community wishes.
>>
>>474291
What ever happened to that supposed triumvirate anyway? Do they still have any role with governance of the site or not?
>>
>>474303
>no politics, current events, or gun control
But what about the upcoming presidential election? Don't you think this rule will be useful over the next year? It will definitely help keep /k/ out of the mess /pol/ wants to create.

>but now there is no board to really discuss it. We all know how much a cesspool /pol/ is about that sort of thing.
That seems to be the trade-off.
>>
>>474402
Not that anon, but /k/ was always the place you could talk about gun related politics without being swarmed with memes and racist idiots. Now, some mod deletes anything thats not just strictly guns. Which I guess is keeping up with the board theme, but weapons is much broader and deeper than just circlejerking over AKs and handgus.
>>
>>474560
Is the removal of that rule worth the inevitable storm /pol/ would bring there this year and into the next? Once they take root, it would be hard to remove them.
>>
>>464474
I tried to make a thread today discussing wether or not GBA should be considered retro since it's now 15 years old and it got deleted and I was warned.
I wasn't even trying to discuss GBA itself, nor make some kind of shit-thread, but the mods won't have it. Pretty dumb.
>>
>>472772
Sorry bud, but /vr/'s going down the shitter, and it's going down fast.
>>
>>464845
Anon, that IS garbage.
>>
File: 1447287769965.jpg (177 KB, 1194x796) Image search: [Google]
1447287769965.jpg
177 KB, 1194x796
>>474402
>But what about the upcoming presidential election?

Did I stutter? It almost always kept to military politics and gun control, and the only time that came up it was about Presidential support for gun control, and it was rare aside from Obama speeches and shootings. /k/ is perfectly capable of arguing /pol/ into a corner to fuck off.

>That seems to be the trade-off
Yes it is, and it was a terrible one. Like I said, it was tantamount to removing as much of /v/ as /vg/ and /vr/ did with no replacement and no recourse.

Some people only love guns and came to understand them, not fear them in ignorance, due to the information and calm discourse provided on /k/ for almost a decade before the past five months. That includes me. Now, that whole limb is gone, and it was not a particularly popular decision.

We've also had an uptick of shitposting from /pol/ in that regard, and lots of supposed Euro posters making the same five "Wow America come one you don't NEED guns" threads. And that's what I mean by uneven moderation; those can stay up for hours with people bickering and trolling, but if someone actually specifically tries to talk about gun control they get shut down. Maybe the mods just automatically filter it, but that's another matter.

>>474560
Exactly this. There was a lot more to talk about, there's a phantom limb in the place of where the discussion should be. There's plenty that isn't just guns or weapons, as with any board's culture; we were just robbed of that bit.

>>474565
We've done it often before and we would be fine with trimming spam. That's not what it is.

The major thing is (And this is why I posted it in this thread instead of a new one) is that it was entirely a unilateral moderation decision with no community say in the matter. I, and many others, probably wouldn't mind if there was a vote or some consideration or even some way to file a complaint or have accountability or ANYTHING, but there isn't, and there wasn't. That's the problem.
>>
>>464470
When we start paying them.
>>
What the fuck is with /v/ and Dragon Ball threads?
They never even talk about the games, and when someone tells them to go to /a/ they just get mocked.
>>
You people are all talking to a brick wall.
The mods never do anything about anything people complain about in /qa/ threads.
>>
>>474656
They added new boards based on complaints from /qa/
>>
I wish CRT threads would be removed from /vr/
Literally nothing video games about them. Just a bunch of people jerking off to photos of EXTREME CLOSEUPS of their shitty televisions.
>>
>>474873
It's neat though. Something exclusive to /vr/ too. I'm fascinated by it.

Try and have an open mind.
>>
>>474586
Well, I do browse /k/, but I very rarely contribute. I'm not too interested in guns, more of a vehicle guy myself. Anyway, I don't have much say in what's better for /k/ because of this. I hope someone will say something about that rule on /k/, because it seems to be of some importance. Maybe a temporary drop of that rule soon, and then if things start to go the way of /pol/, then it could be put back in place? I don't know. The only thing I can say for sure is that /pol/ is not a very good place to actually discuss things.
>>
>>466070
>game discussion getting deleted on /v/
Just go to 8.chan /v/ to talk about games dude
>>
>>464470
/v/ is a fucking mess, just yesterday there was a thread lasting for 707 fucking posts while pornposters went rampant and declared the board dead

thats all the proof I need to know that mods aren't global

if it were on /a/ it would get deleted within a few minutes

but SEVEN HUNDRED SEVEN POSTS

fuck this man I'm tired of it. and its been happening more frequently too
>>
>>475992
/v/ was really bad yesterday. I would say it was in the top 10 worst days for /v/ so far this year.
>>
>>465093
>Rugg and his Why do we hate consoles?
this fucker needs to get raided
>>
>>475992
727*
>>
>>464851
>e metric fuckton of legitimately mentally disabled people calling for another board split because people discuss japanese games.

This, remember that the people who want their own hugbox to talk about games are from ribbit

its nice and ordered for them there, so they're trying to push their system unto us

same thing is happening to porn
>>
Whoever's looking over /v/ today has been deleting Dead Or Alive threads.
Deleting video game threads, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>476264
Maybe you should focus more on talking about the games themselves and not about how you're going to jack it to the girls while turning it into an ecchi dump. I'd just ban the game from /v/. All people ever want to do is jerk off in threads about it.
>>
File: 1458504798517.jpg (224 KB, 1280x1619) Image search: [Google]
1458504798517.jpg
224 KB, 1280x1619
I don't really visit /co/ that much but I got a 3 day ban for posting this picture there. I was actually pretty surprised because I post stuff on /a/ and /v/ that's waaaaay lewder than this (not with malicious or shitposting intentions) and nobody bats an eye. Apparently this counts as porn on /co/?

Not sure if that's a regular thing on /co/ or if it was just one mod that was in a bad mood.
>>
>>476502
The mods that lurk /co/ are just autistic. I've been banned for a lot less than that.
>>
>>464474
/vr/ is a piece of shit. AVGN and other e-celeb threads with nothing but /v/-tier shitposting stay up for days or weeks while legitimate threads about actual retro games get deleted at random.

Fuck. These. Mods.
>>
>>464470
What exactly are the things that make something off-topic anyway? I got permabanned from /co/ for describing a human racist belief system when someone asked how those work in a thread discussing teaching of such things to children in fiction.
I'm still salty about that 4 days later. Porn dumps only result in 3 day bans.
>>
>>476859
>What exactly are the things that make something off-topic anyway?
Anything a mod doesn't like.
>>
>>474602
That's very much /co/ and almost any off-topic subject on there.
>>
>>475048
it's not video games, though.
it should probably be on /g/
>>
So, let's see here
We've got posts from /a/, /c/, /co/, /k/, /u/, /v/, /vr/ and probably more that I missed saying that the mods and janitors are shit.

That's pretty bad.
>>
>>476859
Banned for being "off topic" is just a convient umbrella term the mods realy like using because its an excuse they can use to literally ban you for anything they don't like.
>>
/co/ mods are probably some of the most genuinely autistic mods on 4chan. It doesn't help that one of their mods, Redwood, displayed some of the most blatant examples of corruption and unprofessionalism and he's probably still a mod or atleast a janitor.
>>
4chan has been around for what, 13 years? And they still don't have a decent moderation team. Reddit's been around less than that, and their system is flawed, but its way better than 4chan's. Moot's first mistake was hiring a bunch of idiots he knew personally irl rather than people interested in making 4chan a good place of free, uncensored anonymous discussion
>>
>>464470
I said I didn't like Zach Snyder on /co/ and my post got deleted
>>
Has does someone even become a mod or janitor? Besides applying for it. Do they just pick random people or do you have to know someone
>>
File: Untitled.png (94 KB, 765x388) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
94 KB, 765x388
Heres the most recent example of our great /co/ mods hard at work keeping those problematic shitlords at bay.
Thread for context
>>>/co/81172838
Many of the posts were deleted since they were offensive towards gays
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 637x513) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 637x513
>>479194
>>
>>478396
For janitors they announce every so often that you can apply to become one. You fill out a little form, and if they think you're a good fit, you get approved.

Mods are a paid position, so you get hired for it just like any other job.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.