[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy is just another word for fatass. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1249380641587.jpg (326 KB, 899x600) Image search: [Google]
1249380641587.jpg
326 KB, 899x600
Comfy is just another word for fatass.

Prove me wrong.
>>
I believe it is a relaxed state of mind and body. Mostly of the mind in my case.
>>
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/comfy

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/comfy

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comfy
>>
Way to totally miss the point.

For a woman or PoC, traditional poetry formats are a vestige of white colonialism. There are groups who are sick of having to play the white male poet's game as it provides little scope for articulating experiences of oppression. Now obviously women and PoC can still write about their experiences in a traditional format but a) by doing so they are upholding the oppressive structures associated with it and b) their work will be judged along by a set of criteria that historically has not concerned itself with anything other than white male European narratives.

What Rupi is doing is subverting this entire paradigm, which is an artistic accomplishment within its own right.
>>
>>474037
You must be the comfiest person in the world.
>>
>>474037
Words can have multiple definitions without invalidate the previous ones. "Literally" for example, used to mean "exceedingly seriously" in its first recorded use back in the 1530s and 1680s. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=literally The first case we can find is somebody saying that somebody was "literally gutted" to describe a character who was laughing, and not a character who was being stabbed. This means that "literally" means "Figuratively". "Literally" being a word that means "Like is used in Literature."

However, today we use the term to mean, "The non-idiomatic interpretation of the previous statement" and interpret it as in "Litera" meaning "By the letter" as if the letter denotes that the word is to be used as a collection of single dictionary words with an autistic disregard for the synthesis of phrases in the language.

Many people want to say that "literally" ONLY means its newer definition, which dates to around the 1800s, and not its much older definition from the 1500s, but they are wrong. The "Wrong" way to use "Literally" is exactly as valid as the newer way, and if you accept the theory that dictionaries are descriptive and not prescriptive then you'd understand that "literally" is used to mean "figuratively" far MORE often.

Therefore, "comfy" means "Soft and relaxing. Easygoing. Low energy. Low effort."

I'd have no trouble accepting that "fatass" also means "Soft and relaxing. Easygoing. Low energy. Low effort" if you want. But that really makes fatass another word for comfy, and not the other way around.
>>
Comfy means comfortable.

People are at comfort when they arent triggered.

So comfy really is just a word for "things that dont trigger or rush me"
>>
>>474423
What if being triggered makes you feel comfortable? *smirk*
>>
>>474048
Where on earth did you ladle that spaghetti from?
>>
Comfy simply means 'this is now a hugbox.'
>>
>>474431
/lit/. That is basically an average post there.
>>
File: gl.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gl.gif
1 MB, 500x500
Comfy is blankets and tea and weekends and sleepiness. It is being comfortable and non-stressed. It is those new keycaps on your keyboard, it's the manga that just arrived in the mail, it's the new favorite album.
Why must everything be a meme.
>>
>>474483
Well that post is obviously a joke and I'm laughing
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.