[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we stop /sci/ from being so blue pulled? It seems kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 5
File: image_6.jpg (213 KB, 1234x706) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
213 KB, 1234x706
How do we stop /sci/ from being so blue pulled?
It seems kind of ridiculous that a board of """scientists""" to be sjw's
>>>/sci/8199215
>>
>>588360
I dont get what leftwgin about it? Im not a science man
>>
>>588360
>Its a /pol/ gets butthurt and demands censorship episode. Again.
>>
>>588365
The sjw's in the thread trying to say "le go back to /pol/ XDD" and supporting tribal subhumans
>>
Science contradicts retarded /pol/ """ideas""" all the time. And educated people tend to be less /pol/tard like, see the demographics of brexit.

>but muh social studies meme XD
>>
>>588376
Shut up cuck
>>
Education is the ultimate bluepill
>>
>>588360
Maybe you should become a scientist so you can show them all the way!

Hopefully you won't learn that the things you came up with while you were completely unscientific weren't correct!
>>
>>588360
Oh boy! Can we have the gun control debate? Let's have the gun control debate again!

Giving guns to people gives them the CAPABILITY to murder each other, not the capability to protect themselves. Most times when a gun is fired, it is fired at somebody who doesn't have a gun because guns aren't owned by the majority of people. 74% of adults in the US don't own a gun. Guns aren't used for protection, they are used to create the situation that you might need to protect yourself from.

Guns aren't used to protect yourself from the government. The 2nd amendment's justifications have proved irrelevant to today's day and age. In reality, if you took up your arms to defend yourself against the US Army, you would lose, pitifully. The US is not a deeply forested place full of extreme guerillas, ready to take back their country from a corrupt government, and several kinds of weapons that could potentially give you an edge against your government are, in fact, illegal already. Blackjacks, daggers, and brass knuckles are illegal, and the only reason guns aren't illegal is because of Republican Crybabies who want to feel like Dirty Harry.

>If you take away guns then only criminals would have them.
Good! There are fewer dedicated criminals out there than good people who have a moment of weakness. Good people who have a moment of weakness make up the vast majority of firearm deaths. If you take away their guns then in that moment of weakness they don't murder anybody. Crimes of passion disappear, and crimes of dedicated gangsters could only potentially go down in number because guns would become harder to acquire for them (though admittedly not IMPOSSIBLE, it would definitely be harder.) Furthermore, people could be arrested before they actually shot somebody if just carrying the gun were illegal.

>But what even is a gun Anon?
Hasn't stopped us for daggers, blackjacks, and brass knuckles. Shit argument. Judge decides.
>>
>>588481
Goddammit don't drag me back out you fucking Norwegian, I just had a good 18 hours and now your killing my mood.
Furthermore guns are used to give an edge, to protect oneself from the enemy.
>>
>>588506
>>
>>588515
60? Bitch we got 7 years until I can feel that moment again.
>>
>>588516
>>
>>588517
What are you doing?
>>
>>588519
>>
>>588519
Hes triggering your autism, you whiny little boy
>>
>>588521
You're not gonna argue with me and just count up to 100, aren't you?
>>
>>588523
>>
>>588369
Why don't you post some Twitter screencaps?
>>
>>588524
>>
le red-pill army is TEAARING SHIT UP XD
>>
>>588530
>>
>>588506
Already covered in the wall of text. >>588481
>Guns aren't used for protection, they are used to create the situation that you might need to protect yourself from.

You're gonna need to back up your claim with some sort of justification.
>>
>>588543
>>Guns aren't used for protection, they are used to create the situation that you might need to protect yourself from.
The situation that's already in place is the reason I need a firearm, ergo I need a firearm to protect myself.
>>
>>588547
Not if we take the guns away and end the situation. If we took away all the guns then we wouldn't need guns to protect ourselves from guns, retard.
>>
>>588549
>take away all the guns
You say that like it's possible you idiot. All your doing is gimping the common citizen who couldn't hide his shit.
>>
>>588551
Yeah, and that gimping would be good because it will stop cucks from shooting their wives, among other things. Most murderers only murder once before going to jail. They are otherwise law abiding citizens. You'd be stopping those law abiding citizens from becoming murderers, as covered here >>588481
>>If you take away guns then only criminals would have them.
>Good! There are fewer dedicated criminals out there than good people who have a moment of weakness. Good people who have a moment of weakness make up the vast majority of firearm deaths. If you take away their guns then in that moment of weakness they don't murder anybody. Crimes of passion disappear, and crimes of dedicated gangsters could only potentially go down in number because guns would become harder to acquire for them (though admittedly not IMPOSSIBLE, it would definitely be harder.) Furthermore, people could be arrested before they actually shot somebody if just carrying the gun were illegal.
>>
>>588551
>You say that like it's possible you idiot.
You remind me of those liberals and "activists" who say "ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DEPORT EVERY ILLEGAL ALIEN"

:^)
>>
>>588555
So you support cuckoldry?
>>588557
I mean it is, doesn't mean you can't get rid of the stupid spic who can't hide well.
>>
>>588566
>>So you support cuckoldry?
You support murder as a justifiable action in response to cuckoldry? Is this the REAL reason you want a gun, Anon? To murder people who sleep with your wife?
>>
>>588360
delete bat guano
>>
>>588568
>You support murder as a justifiable action in response to cuckoldry?
I mean if someone is sleeping around, they're playing with fire and gonna get killed.
>Is this the REAL reason you want a gun, Anon?
No, as said before, it's because I want to protect myself from people who could kill me, as said before 2 weeks back.
>>
>>588573
>I mean if someone is sleeping around, they're playing with fire and gonna get killed.
By you, you murderer.
>No, as said before, it's because I want to protect myself from people who could kill me, as said before 2 weeks back.
You're the one who wants to kill people, Anon. We just established you wanna shoot people who sleep with your wife. We need to take away your guns. We came to the conclusion that you're a murderer who will shoot people for carrying knives two weeks ago, too. You being a murderer just keeps coming up!
>>
>>588566
So you admit that it's not impossible.

I win. :^)
>>
>>588578
>By you, you murderer.
I'm not a murderer and were playing a game of supposes.
>We just established you wanna shoot people who sleep with your wife.
I don't have a wife. Nor a gf. If someone is sleeping around, they're playing with fire, playing with fire can get you burned, if I slept around I could get shot and vise versa.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>588582
no i win
here is my winner badge
>>
>>588582
No it is impossible.
>>
>>588586
You admitted that supposing somebody slept with your wife, that your wife and the guy who slept with her both deserve to get shot, even though that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with protecting yourself.

You're not good at this arguing thing, Anon. You're an autistic retard who doesn't understand that the words coming out of your mouth say a different thing than what you think they say.

> If someone is sleeping around, they're playing with fire, playing with fire can get you burned, if I slept around I could get shot and vise versa.

You're literally condoning the use of guns for straight up murder. Not for self defense.

Guns are a tool of murder and they need to be banned. You lose. You conceded the point.
>>
>>588594
>protecting yourself.
Someone is in my house, I kinda have the right to remove the person by force.
>>
>>588599
Remove them from this earth with lethal force, huh? You're a fucking murderer, bro. Your wife invited them in and then you murdered them. That's murder.
>>
>>588604
That isn't my wife then. She's trash if she cheats.
>>
>>588607
I'm sure that'll hold up in court.
>>
>>588608
>Oops I think she got shot too
That's manslaughter.
>>
>>588611
So you accidentally shot them with your gun?
>>
>>588464
>Being this butthurt when your made up shit falls apart
It sucks being a /pol/fag, doesnt it?
>>
>>588614
>I panicked and shot the person.
See, there you go, now you can get manslaughter by proving that it isn't murder.
Also stop with the cuck shit, it's gross.
>>
Someone make a shitty straw man ms paint of some red pill tardo not understanding what self defense is.
>>
>>588618
You're a fucking retard. I'm not in favor of manslaughter either. I don't like it when children accidentally shoot their parents with the guns their parents own. I don't like it when people miss their target, the bullet ricochets, and it hits an innocent bystander. I don't like it when you shoot anybody for any reason at all. I don't like the idea that everybody around me might potentially shoot me. I don't like the idea that the only defense against being shot, in your mind, is shooting people first. It's a psychotic Mad Max hellscape. You're a fucking retard who can't tell when you're wrong.
>>
>>588623
>I don't like the idea that everybody around me might potentially shoot me.
Then why are you living in a shithole where you can get shot? Just face facts that you need to be able to protect yourself from the evils of this world.
>>
>>588623
If you came at me with this shit, I'd shoot you just out of principle.
>>
>>588628
We could make that shithole nicer by taking away the guns, retard. Like Japan, Australia, and nearly every other rich democracy. USA is a holdout because of its history with exterminating Indians, and keeping slaves from having an uprising.
>>
>>588629
I GOTTA DEFEND MY OPINIONS WITH LETHAL FORCE.
>>
>>588632
To be fair, Japan is mostly rural paddywhackers and Australia is mostly shit and desert. People are getting shot because all the loonies are seeing the other loonies on TV getting their life story told and they think "I'd like that," it's not because we're all packing.
>>
>>588632
>Japan, Australia, and nearly every other rich democracy
>an Island country that can't get shipments of guns have a harder time to find guns
Gee wilkers who would of thought?
Also you got Mexico where you can buy blow and guns supplied from the US back to you for cheap.
So no, you have a bad heart, and you aren't thinking shit through.
>>
>>588637
It requires both, you idiot. You can't shoot people without guns. You supplied motive and I'm supplying method. Remove one and you remove the need for the other. It's way easier to remove capability than culpability.

Ban guns and you ban mass shootings. Simple as that.
>>
>>588638
We're going o be keeping the mexicans out with the trump wall. Mexicans aren't going to be able to smuggle guns into the US after the Trump Wall goes up. We can ban guns easy.
>>
>>588642
>an American goes across the border to buy an AR-15 and manages to smuggle it back to shoot up someone
You don't get it.
>>
>>588648
And then it gets confiscated by the TSA. Because guns are banned.
>>
>>588651
>The TSA gets bribed and now he can shoot up a school because of the corrupt nature of there service in which they fuck up and can't do anything right
>>
>>588655
So you're against the TSA then? And you don't think the Trump Wall is gonna work?
>>
>>588658
You can always fly, and you can always take a boat back.
>And you don't think the Trump Wall is gonna work?
It'll stop the idiots who think by land will get them in here.
>>
>>588662
Banning guns will stop the idiots who are too stupid to hide their guns, who have a tremendous overlap with being a violent murderer. Good enough for me.
>>
Actual scientists tend to be either liberal or apolitical (don't like either side, don't vote etc), close to 50-50 split between those two camps. Only 6% are conservative.

Scientists often work in academia, which is naturally reliant on government endowments and grants to exist at all, so anyone suggesting the government cut funding for research or institutions (such as the Bush years holding back stem cell research), of course those people are shitlisted. Many institutes and unis are fucking broke as it is; many scientists spend 10 years in post HS education only to make 38k a year as a postdoc with a 100k debt load because no funding for new labs. Few groups of people on this earth get more of a raw deal than scientists.

Conservatives also are outright anti-science in being anti evolution, anti big bang etc. They are the geocentrics and flat earthers of our day; why would people be remotely surprised scientists hate them? For that matter only a tiny minority of scientists are religious too, and out of those the biologists are I think as small as 2% religious. When you understand life on many layers deeper than the public even contemplates, you realize it is not so special anymore and it is quite rational we arose from random chaos given how fucking random and sloppy our bodies and genomes really are.
>>
>>588664
So now you give people who did hide there guns the ability to harm those without the guns to protect themselves from the people who have the guns because they were able to protect it by hiding it. Or by signing on to the militia.
>>
>>588667
You'll still be able to defend yourself because of your hidden guns.

Banning guns has a huge upside (fewer murders) and ZERO downside because only stupid people will lose their guns, and stupid people don't deserve guns in the first place.

QED.
>>
>>588670
And then you give me the ability to kill people who have knives because they might come at me. Dammit I believe in equality and I think they should be armed with guns.
>>
>>588671
I believe in equality and think that you should be disarmed, because you're a violent serial killer only kept in check by your paranoia that they might have a gun. If you ever find out that a given person doesn't have a gun, then you'll shoot them for any reason you can think of. Terrifying.

YOU, Anon, need to be disarmed.
>>
>>588672
No, now your going crazy again, if people are armed they can protect themselves from thugs.
>>
>>588674
Anon, you just brought up, out of fucking nowhere, that you would kill people who have knives.

I didn't bring this up. You did. Why the fuck would you do that? Because you think they might attack you? If that isn't a paranoid delusion, I don't know what is.

You lose. This is the third time you've lost in this thread alone. Guns are wrong and you fucking know it. You're a paranoid schizophrenic psychopath autist with no scruples who would shoot a man for sleeping with your hypothetical wife and then lie on the stand to claim it was manslaughter for a lesser sentence.

You're everything wrong with America, and you're every reason guns need to be banned. You EMBODY the reason guns need to be banned. You're a loose cannon, and people need to pull the wick out before something, anything, sets of a spark that lights you and makes you shoot somebody for no fucking reason.
>>
>>588676
>Anon, you just brought up, out of fucking nowhere, that you would kill people who have knives.
Then you're reading it wrong, because it said the ability. keyword senpai. All I want is the world to be armed so we all can have deterrence, you don't shoot me, I don't shoot you.
>>
>>588676
best post i've ever read
>>
>>588676
You should really just reply with numbers like I do until he stops replying to your numbers. It's fun.
>>
>>588666
>he never heard of Lubos Motl
>>
>How do we stop /sci/ from being so blue pulled?

Post stats and hard numbers to back your arguments.
>>
>>588639
Why not cut out the middle man and ban mass shootings?
>>
>>589043
Because that doesn't work
>>
>>589046
Well why not?
>>
>>589050
Because they still happen.
>>
>>589057
I guess there's not a whole lot we can do about it then
>>
>>589060
I mean if we just arm the people...
>>
>>589061
Then everyone will just shoot everyone else. We just have to accept that the price we pay for living in such a glorious society is that people will randomly massacre other people. It's the best possible solution
>>
>>589063
There we go, someone who actually gets the point.
>>
>>589070
>>589063
>>589061
>>589060
>>589057
>>589050
>>589046
>>589043
How come only America has to pay such a high price for being a great country? Why is it that other countries, like Norway, are greater than us, more free than us, smarter than us, and don't have any mass shootings? What's their secret?
>>
>>589079
>What's their secret?
They just get one mass shooting, where he kills white people.
>>
>>589085
Norway hasn't had a mass shooting in a century and the united states had two during the gun control debate we're having right now.
>>
>>589087
Breivik would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>589092
Shit guess I didn't know what I was talking about. Sounds like you know more about Norway than I do. Tell me all about how many people die in mass shootings per capita there compared to the US. I'll provide some mass shootings in the US stats!
>>
>>589096
I don't. The only reason I know about it is because it's the biggest mass shooting. In which he shot children, people who weren't armed and weren't able to protect themselves from him. People like him are scum. This is why we need to arm ourselves to protect.
>>
>>589102
THat shit happens every day in the US though because everybody in the whole damn country is capable of doing that so it's inevitible that people do.

Arming the public doesn't protect anything. In fact, unarmed people have stopped shootings before.
---
John Laufer, a 24-year-old graduate student spending time at the mall with a friend, watched the woman walk toward him and at around ten yards away she lifted her gun to take aim. While he assumed she was firing blanks, he thought she should not be doing it, so he grabbed her.

"You picked the wrong person to fool with," he said. "I'm going to turn you in now."

"I'm a woman," she mumbled, "and I have family problems and I have seizures."

Without replying, Laufer guided her into a shoe store 30 yards away and made her sit down in a chair. People outside in the mall were screaming and running, but he remained calm. He ordered her to sit right where she was while he went in search of a security guard.

She obeyed him, and the female guard, who had heard the commotion and seen the bleeding people lying around the hall, placed the shooter on the floor and handcuffed her.
>>
>>589110
>THat shit happens every day in the US though because everybody in the whole damn country is capable of doing that so it's inevitible that people do.
You mean being able to plot, build a bomb, go over to an island and shoot up the whole place?
>unarmed people have stopped shootings before.
One case of a man calming a woman down doesn't change shit.
>>
>>589131
Not talking about bombings. Talking about shootings. Bombs are already illegal to own and possess in the US.
>>
>>589136
Oh, but someone can still make them.
Also lets not forget he holds the high score for shooting people in general. Also, hell if we really want to get into it, we should just disarm the muslims, that's the only point I'll concede with.
>>
>>589136
Murder is pretty illegal too
>>
>>589147
Illegal, and easy because we demand that everybody has the right to own a thing that is used for killing people, and nothing else.

I'm in favor of everybody in America walking around in a bullet proof vest, but we don't talk about that. For some reason whenever we talk about "Self Defense" we're talking about shooting other people.
>>
>>589146
I'd be super happy with disarming blacks, muslims, mexicans, jews, and every other minority /pol/ hates, just so long as we disarm the white people too.
>>
>>589153
Because it's the fact of life. It's something one must accept in this day in age and you refuse to accept it.
>>
>>589158
Doesn't have to be. Australia implemented stricter gun control laws and mass shootings vanished.
>>
>>589157
>just so long as we disarm the white people too.
That's not gonna happen.
>>
>>589162
Sure it will. Australia's mostly white and they banned guns. We can do it too. What's the matter, too much of a pussy to actually improve your country?
>>
>>589166
Anon there's a place called Mexico.
In that place you can get cocaine, and lots of other shit smuggled into the US, including guns.
Aussies don't have that.
>>
>>589166
You might be taking this a little too seriously. Also, you Don't even live in America so you are uninformed at best as to what it's actually like over here.
>>
>>589169
We're going to build the Trump Wall, aren't we? The mexicans won't be coming into this country anymore after that. No more guns coming in, and if we shut down the large successful NRA endoursed factories, then the only guns left will be shit-tier hand made ones, and we'll have fewer shootings than we currently have bombings. We will eliminate three nines worth of shootings.
>>
>>588360
>wahhh someone disagreed with me!
>>
>>589181
>We're going to build the Trump Wall, aren't we?
And some can fly over, bribe the TSA, and now we got guns again.
It makes me sick that someone like you who lives in this country doesn't understand shit about it. What state you live in, you already know mine.
>>
>>589192
What's the point of building the Trump wall at all then if it won't keep the Mexicans out? I don't understand.
>>
>>589196
Grandstanding and nationalism. Now answer my question, what state do you live in?
>>
File: laughter.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg (63 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
63 KB, 1180x842
>>589192
>Doubting the Trump wall.
Just got 20 feet higher.
>>
>>589198
I live in Burma.
>>
>>589202
I don't believe you.
Shouldn't you be having another civil war over some stupid shit?
>>
>>589204
>I don't believe you.

Is that supposed to matter to me? I was lying. I'm actually from Yugoslavia.
>>
>>589212
>Yugoslavia
That's gone you fucking idiot. Disarming a population isn't a good idea, it breeds a horrible culture of wolves and rabbits, where the wolf is armed and the rabbit isn't.
>>
>>589218
So's Burma. I'm sorry you're so slow you don't get the joke.
>>
>>589219
No I got the joke, it's called Mymamar or whatever the hell they want to call themselves and I will still call it Burma because it's a better name.
Dammit your getting my sidetracked again over this shit.
>>
>>589222
>This damage control
We all know you looked it up just now because you wanted to fact check me and now you're just pretending that you always knew it. You got owned, kid.
>>
>>589228
>implying
Yugoslavia is gone, panslavic shit is dead. Burma is still alive.
>>
>>588573
>I mean if someone is sleeping around, they're playing with fire and gonna get killed.
Sleeping around doesn't justify murder. Your wife being disloyal to you is not a direct threat to your life.
>>
>>589238
No it's not. New name out of a new government because of a revolution. You're a retard and you don't know what you're talking about. But we already knew you were retarded from that time you replied to numbers for 60 fucking posts.
>>
>>588599
>Someone is in my house, I kinda have the right to remove the person by force.
No, you do not. Only if they are threatening you.
>>
>>589240
An unjust revolution. It's still Burma in my heart you jackass.
>>
>>589245
Your feelings aren't reality. You're a stupid retard who lets your feelings cloud your judgement. Burma is no more and no amount of you believing something in your heart is going to change that.
>>
>>589249
>You're a stupid retard who lets your feelings cloud your judgement
Said the same man who can't accept reality that we literally can't disarm ourselves.
>>
If there were no guns, shitty threads like this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>589250
You're the one who can't accept reality. Other countries do it. We can do it too. We're not helpless and it's honestly a little insulting that you think the US is literally incapable of doing something other countries are capable of doing. Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's impossible and you're an idiot with no vision.
>>
>>589255
And it's insulting to imply that the US should follow other countries. The US is the strongest and by God I will not have my rights taken away because some pansy asshole wants to support a culture that fails to arm itself against the tyrants of Islam.
>>
>>589260
And there it is. You're a religious extremist terrorist who points fingers at mirrors. Go fuck yourself, psycho.
>>
>>589266
>You're a religious extremist terrorist who points fingers at mirrors
Religion plays no role here. Islam is not the culture of Europe.
>>
File: 1435273525499.gif (1 MB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1435273525499.gif
1 MB, 450x402
THE GUN CRISIS WON'T BE SOLVED ON 4CHAN SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
>>
>>589269
Yeah, and Breivik wasn't Islamic. He was Christian. I dunno how to break this to you but not only are not all muslims terrorist, but not all terrorists are muslim. Crazy, right?

And as a 2014 study by University of North Carolina found, since the 9/11 attacks, Muslim-linked terrorism has claimed the lives of 37 Americans. In that same time period, more than 190,000 Americans were murdered. http://sites.duke.edu/tcths/files/2013/06/Kurzman_Muslim-American_Terrorism_in_2013.pdf

Islam is many things. It's anti-woman, anti-gay, and it's very disgusting for those two reasons, but there are actually more Christian terrorists than Islamic ones. All of the little Utopias we have on this rock, Norway, Japan, etc, whenever they have a big terrorist attack, it's usually Christians. Like the Tokyo Subway Sarin Gas Attacks.
>>
>>589290
>Christian
"Cultured" Christian isn't a Christian you dope. There are only three true paths to Christianity: Catholicism, Orthodoxy, or Protestantism.
Now on the topic of it, Protestantism is an evil of this world. Orthodoxy can't spread, and Catholicism is the one that will spread the word of God.
If you want to point fingers, you little shit, point it at the devil itself, point it at the prots who have no control, who have no leaders, who can't fucking do anything right and just ruin Europe.
>>
File: pol downside of diversity.jpg (84 KB, 614x529) Image search: [Google]
pol downside of diversity.jpg
84 KB, 614x529
>>588360
the same way /pol/ does it with everybody, use evidence and studies
>>
>>589297
>Doesn't like it when all Christians are lumped together.
>Lumps all Muslims together.

You're a retard with no self awareness. You've probably heard the term "Sunnis" and "Shiites" before. Well there are more. It's just as, if not more diverse than Christianity, and no amount of #NotAllMen is going to make you sound like anything other than a butthurt apologist.

You don't actually believe in Zombie Jesus do you? Are you retarded?
>>
>>589303
Your right. Sunnis are the real trouble of this world, they can't control the Wahhabi (who follow the tennets of Islam pretty close if I might add) or ISIS, who are on par with the Jesuits (which is the militant order).
Shiites can stay, Persians girls are better.
>>
every one of you faggots needs to take this discussion to some other board

this is /qa/, not /pol/ or /sci/ or /int/
>>
>>589316
This is the worksafe random board.
>>
>>589317
no, /b/ and /r9k/ are random boards.

bringing off topic crap into other boards is a big reason why this site has gone downhill. Keep it in the boards it belongs, it will even help those boards get less trashy.
>>
>>589326
But that's the fun of it. /qa/ is an afterthought, a board that shouldn't exist.
>>
>gun control debate
>it's just /pol/ and /sjw/ arguing

nuance in america is fucking dead
>>
>>589347
I think it's some shitter kid and some normal idiot running through the most tired debate and cliches.
>>
>>588506
>Furthermore guns are used to give an edge, to protect oneself from the enemy.
Which is rendered moot when the "enemy" not only also has a firearm but is more likely to shoot to kill because unlike your legally owned weapon, his weapon likely belongs to someone else by his possession of it, the point is entirely for aggression.
America isn't South Africa. Your average legal gun owner isn't going to shoot first without thinking whereas the illegal gun possessor more than likely is. The criminal already has the upper hand and having firearms is large circulation, it gives them an even greater upper hand over the normal populace.
Americans who think owning guns is a "right" are fucking stupid and have no idea what it is like to live in a region where guns are used as more than just expensive manhood extensions.
>>
>>589326
/b/ and /r9k/ aren't worksafe random.

If you make a /wsb/ I'll leave /qa/ forever. Promise.
>>
Does anyone want a comic dump?
>>
>>589358
>second amendment ain't real
>>589362
Something from Itou please. Like the story with the guy who dreams in years.
>>
>>589372
>>second amendment ain't real
We got rid of the 18th, we can get rid of the 2nd.
>>
>>589362
Oh man, do you happen to have any of those Scrooge McDuck comics that are way better than they have any business being?
>>
>>589377
>we can get rid of the 2nd.
That's not happening.
>>
>>589383
Did it say so in your Crystal Ball?
>>
>>589424
No, it's called the times. People aren't willing to give it up.
>>
>>588360
What the fuck do you expect? Scientists are rational and objective empiricists, and liberalism is the rationally, objectively and empirically correct world view.
>>
>>589426
Oh, you mean it isn't literally happening right this second. Well no shit, Sherlock. But that doesn't mean it'll never happen ever in the future.
>>
>>589454
I'm not gonna agree on the point about liberalism being correct... but I'll agree that conservatism is very misguided.
>>
>>588638
>>588642
>>589192
>>589169
>>589181
>guns in the US come from Mexico

Holy shit, how stupid can you be? It's the other way arround.
>"According to [U.S.] Justice Department figures, 94,000 weapons were recovered from Mexican drug cartels in the five years between 2006 and 2011, of which 64,000 -- 70 percent -- come from the United States."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggling_of_firearms_into_Mexico
>"Gunwalking", or "letting guns walk", was a tactic of the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), which ran a series of sting operations between 2006 and 2011 in the Tucson and Phoenix area where the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders and arrest them."
>they failed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal
>>
>>589577
Oh I know they don't. The mexico thing started because of the pro-gun person brought this silly point up >>589169 and rather than point out how fucking retarded it was, I thought I'd shitpost about how the Trump Wall isn't viable because I thought that it was highly likely that somebody on 4chan who is pro-gun is also pro-Trump, on a demographics probability thing.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.