[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Sad_Cena.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Cena.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
I had a dream I asked Hiro about this and he approved.

Best name currently is Alternative media

The board would be for YouTube, twitch, Podcasts, etc. Basically things that don't really fit any current board but /b/ maybe.

What do you guys think?
>>
It'd work as a board, but it'd also just an advertising cesspool.

I suppose it could work as a containment board, too. Lord knows /tv/ doesn't need more RLM spamming.
>>
>>587122
If someone posts shit that has incredibly low views it's obviously self advertising and usually any other board they get torn apart. I think it'll be fine.

Honestly Youtube has replaced TV for me mostly, would like a board where I can discuss content without feeling like I'd get banned
>>
What a coincidence, I fell asleep for 5 minutes right after I saw this thread and I had a dream too. In my dream I came up with some suggestions for names that may fit that board, which I saw Hiro give a thumbs up to. Just pick one, Hiro approved of them all after all.

Shilled Media
Goy Media
Second Stage Subversion
E-faggotry
Global Cancer Centre
>>
>>587125
So are you OK with an entire board dedicated to Pokemon and MLP, but not a containment board for Youtube stuff?
>>
I'd really love a place to talk about podcasts. I listen to over 10 hours of podcasts a week and no board seems right to discuss some of them.
>>
>>587126
Of course, those are niche interests.

There is no reason to have a board for something as broad as internet media itself, which is huge and already have an abundance of communities all over the Internet. When you have a specific interest you can go to a board that fits that interest and find relevant videos to discuss. Hopefully it won't be a board filled with normalfags who, without exception, will shit up any discussion with e-drama and shit that no one cares about.

What would there even be on that board? I can imagine youtube links everywhere that no one will click, paid posters who will shill channels regularly, designated self-advertisement generals(because people will get sick of seeing half the catalog filled with people asking for views on their own channels, even though those will never ever go away), vlog threads with attention whores, streamer threads with attention whores, e-drama threads for popular youtuber x/y/z and all kinds of other cancer. I don't know, maybe if we got one nice podcast thread for thatparticularintereststhatpecialanonhas it would be worth it.
>>
>>587142
Maybe all the YouTube threads flooding other boards would go there? The twitch threads? Do you know what a containment board is?
>>
Start posting them in /g/. I doubt they'd complain. They don't talk about technology anymore anyway.
>>
>>587143
no, we solve the problem by banning them
it's not a containment board if it attracts more cancer than there was before
people aren't even going to completely stop posting youtube videos
>>
>>587146
Not really talking about just posts of YT videos in threads.

Its the RLM generals

The agdq

The channel awesome threads

Avgn threads

Giant bomb threads

Food reviewer threads

Etc

>Just ban them

Yeah, because getting around a ban is super hard. Not even going to touch on that middle part because of how retarded it is
>>
File: h8ApdGX.png (789 KB, 1106x770) Image search: [Google]
h8ApdGX.png
789 KB, 1106x770
>>587118
>The board would be for YouTube, twitch, Podcasts
So things enjoyed by fucking normalfag, underage cancer?
Just look at the shit that's on the "popular" page or whatever(granted it's local to my country), Youtube is fucking garbage,
>>
File: LeGrandHat.jpg (88 KB, 674x503) Image search: [Google]
LeGrandHat.jpg
88 KB, 674x503
>>587118
>I want the twitch audience

kappa
>>
>>587265
>>587167
So what boards do you go to that dont have constant YouTube threads?
>>
>>587579
the good ones
>>
>>587124
>Honestly Youtube has replaced TV for me mostly
This is why you aren't qualified to make decisions about anything. This is a horrible idea and you might as well call any prospective youtube/e-ceeleb board "/spam/ - media whores and pageviews", because that's what it would end up as.
>>
>>587584
I don't watch let's plays and reviewers. The history channel is dead and that's what I usually watched. I mostly watch historical shows, aerospace shows, and firearms shows, philosophy stuff. You seem to have a very limited knowledge of the quality content on YouTube.
>>
>board for attwhores and minecraft kids
NOPE
O
P
E
Or better, make it for 2017's April Fools' Day and permaban everyone who posts on it, just like we did with /fur/.
>>
File: 1358201206177.gif (494 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1358201206177.gif
494 KB, 500x385
>>587745
>we
>>
>>587118
Are you trying to create a reddit board?!
>>
>>587745
>we
>>
>>587783
A containment board
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.