[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I just realized how we can better optimize our posts, that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: LetterFromKhubilaiToJapan1266.jpg (801 KB, 1744x2376) Image search: [Google]
LetterFromKhubilaiToJapan1266.jpg
801 KB, 1744x2376
Guys
I just realized how we can better optimize our posts, that they might be more full of meaning, with less bloat. How? The answer is simple : Classical chinese.

Now you might be saying : "nigga, 4chan is an anime website, I don't need no chink shit here", and while that is true, with classical chinese we can make our anime discussion hella better.

You see, classical chinese's grammar is much simpler than that of english or Japanese, meaning complex things can be stated with few words. Adding to this, unlike modern Chinese, most words in Classical Chinese are represented by a single character, that is, there are few compound words, leading to shorter passages.

An example of how this would benefit us :

4chan's character limit for posts is 2000. One might waste characters in a language with an alphabet typing unnecessary letters to spell out words. However, with classical chinese, one could cut down drastically, as each word is represented by a single character.

Comment with your thoughts below.
>>
yeah I was about to read your shit but then I looked at your namefield and it was different than "Anonymous", and then I immediately realized you are a gay nigger
>>
Anonymous
>>
File: chinkchar.jpg (151 KB, 795x356) Image search: [Google]
chinkchar.jpg
151 KB, 795x356
Do they?
It wouldn't seem so.
>>
>>584768
for
>>584759
>>
Anonymous
>>
>>584756
idk, i prefer Japanese
>>
>>584756
Unironically this might be able to save the site, just blocks the normies out
>>
>>584794
吾應除正人
>>
>>584794
Do you want to get invaded by over a billion chink normies?
>>
>>584852
I thought chinese people couldn't post here without passes?
>>
>>584852
They can't possibly be more insufferable than western ones.
Unless China's internet is also suffering from "meme magic" shit
>>
>>584758
That's actually what 曰糞人 translates as
>>
I prefer Japanese, because for one, lessons are easy to come by. I have no idea where I'd learn classical Chinese.
>>
>>584855
But there're so many more of them.
Anyway, meme magic is a funny meme.
>>
>>584756
>Comment with your thoughts below.
Using the reasoning you have presented, it would be easier to justify calling for Japanese over both "classical" Chinese and English.
>>
>>584852
Chinese people can't use Google Captcha, they'd be forced to buy 4chan passes to post.
>>
>>584942
>Chinese people can't use Google Captcha
Yes they can.
>>
>>584953
Everything I google seems to point to it not being available in mainland china.
>>
>>584852
Chinks normies can't post without a GOLD account. 4chan goes through the great firewall, sure, but Google captcha doesn't.
>>
example of meme in classical chinese

>tfw no friends

>無朋
(lit:not have friend[s] / companion[s] )

in this case, the subject is implied ( I ), and the tfw is implied by the fact that it is in greentext, and also expressing negativity at social matters. However, in a different context, one could take it to mean something more like
>not having friends
in a way implying the person being replied to is a friendless autist
>>
>>585097
>無朋
>>
>>585100
不喜汝
但是雙美
>>
>>584991
>not proxying the captcha
>>
>>585100
>>無朋
>無朋
>>
>>585124
>normalfags
>proxying
>>
I have translated another meme.
this time from /r9k/

>tfw women don't like me
REEEEE

>女不愛吾
呱呱呱呱呱

(lit : female[s] no like/love me)
(frog imitation)
>>
Youre a strange motherfucker OP
>>
>>585827
>女不愛吾
呱呱呱呱呱
>>
>>584756
This is a very good idea. I approve of it, OP.
>>
All posts should be written in the form of mid tang poems as if we're exiles leaving messages for each other.
>>
>>585864
thank
>>
>>584960
You're fucking grossly naive.
>>
>>586441
lolwut?
seriously, google recaptcha china, the first page of results is mostly shit about it not working in China.
>>
>>584942
And they're better without it. Fuck that botnet training data labeling app.
>>
>>586638
>lolwut?
Fuck off.
>seriously, google recaptcha china, the first page of results is mostly shit about it not working in China.
Post the link and if it is English, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>586696
here's the chinese wikipedia page for sites blocked in china

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%AD%E5%8D%8E%E4%BA%BA%E6%B0%91%E5%85%B1%E5%92%8C%E5%9B%BD%E8%A2%AB%E5%B0%81%E9%94%81%E7%BD%91%E7%AB%99%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8#.E8.87.B3.E4.BB.8A.E5.AE.8C.E5.85.A8-.7B.E5.B1.8F.7D-.E8.94.BD

it would seem google's under the "fully blocked" section of the article.
>>
here is another r9k meme

i kill normies

我殺正人
>>
>>586702
>here's the chinese wikipedia page
I didn't ask for that, did I?
>for sites blocked in china
Shifting the goalposts. We are talking about PEOPLE, not sites. There are sites which have blocked access in the nation I live in but that doesn't stop millions of people still accessing that content.

The original point of contention was:
Yes, Chinese PEOPLE can use Google Captcha, within China. I know people who do it every fucking day.
>>
>>588122
>Yes, Chinese PEOPLE can use Google Captcha, within China. I know people who do it every fucking day.
anecdotes aren't proof.
>>
>>588265
Also, the original "chinese people can't use google captcha" >>584942 , was in response to a post about mainland china (over a billion chink normies), so it's kind of implied that's where we're talking about, so bringing up a list of sites blocked there isn't "shifting the goalposts".
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.