[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many anons hate anime and "weebshit" now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
Why do so many anons hate anime and "weebshit" now? 4chan exists because of those things
>>
Only the vocal dumbasses that don't want to properly assimilate hate anime. This is something you would know, as you are dropping some rather crappy, but very effective, bait.
>>
File: 1462201505639.jpg (79 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1462201505639.jpg
79 KB, 810x780
reddit moral fags are upset that white females are being used to entertain men
Just redirect them back to redd.it if you see on
>>
>>578265
>Only the vocal dumbasses that don't want to properly assimilate hate anime
This

>>578270
>Just redirect them back to redd.it if you see them***
And this
>>
>>578264
Redditors coming here to shitpost. We need to nuke some boards to remove them.
>>
>>578264
Because Asuka a shit
>>
>>578277
Rei is worst girl.
>>
>>578264
Because animefags are dumb as fuck and lack self awareness. You people are making anime worse by spamming your shit everywhere on the net. You think you're making normalfags mad? Guess again your epic animeme are making more normalfags get an interest into anime.

You guys are the reason why anime is full of normalfags weebs.
>>
>>578264
People grew up

>>578265
>>578270
>>578272
Fuck off retards
>>
>>578300
Fuck off reddit. You don't belong here.
>>
>>578300
r.eddit
>>
>>578300
>he gets triggered by Chinese cartoons
>on a website made for Chinese cartoons
>which is owned by a Chinese man
wew lad
>>
Because we're not 15.
Because anime posters always shitpost with their little girls. They also seem to like to roleplay as little girls.
>>
>>578328
see >>578325
>>
>>578334
ebin
>>
>>578270
kek
>>
>>578264
1. Hating anime is now an ebin maymay, and ebin maymays are now more important to 4chan than anything else.

2. Horsefuckers. When they tried to turn 4chan into one of the internet's largest MLP fan sites, and the rest of us pushed back, they all responded, "B-but then a-anime should be banned, too, i-it's only fair!" So, in the name of "fairness" and "equality," anime is shunned as well.
>>
>>578315
>>578325
>>578313
>DUDE REDDIT LMAO
Fuck off idiot

>>578342
>anything I don't like is a meme
>it's [random boogeyman]
Jesus fuck you /a/utists are laughable
>>
>>578354
Fuck off you redditor.
>>
>>578354
t. normalfag
>>
>>578357
>>578358
Not an argument fucktard
>>
>>578359
There is no argument here, leave or assimilate.
>>
>>578359
>hurr durr not an argument
>fuck off retard xDDD
dumb newfag
>>
File: normalfags.png (375 KB, 800x1400) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.png
375 KB, 800x1400
>>578270
You're no better by putting political shit into anime images, especially Yui.
>>
File: 1465008804667.jpg (265 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
1465008804667.jpg
265 KB, 900x810
>>578388
>that picture
>>
File: file.png (4 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1536x2048
>>>/pol/79550767

Just a reminder, if its an anime poster, they are not cuck
>>
>>578468
It's funny that /pol/fags use anime to shill their political stances and use it to feel as though they are accepted here. That and most of them don't even care for anime since no one who is a fan would bring something like politics into it. High cancer, like this poster >>578459
>>
>>578561
>redd.it
>>
File: 1410020392498.png (98 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1410020392498.png
98 KB, 375x375
>>578568
Brilliant idea, you can go there and post in several of those trump subreddits and leave 4chan for a finite period of time until you are 18.
>>
>>578459
mad normalfag
>>
>>578577
>liking trump is reddit
>>>/co/
>>
>>578603
Putting Trump hats on cute anime girls make you reddit.
>>
>>578577
>HE THINKS REDDIT WAS THE BIRTH PLACE OF THE TRUMP HYPE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA

AHAHA

BAKA FUCK
>>
File: 9230192-30912.png (325 KB, 530x651) Image search: [Google]
9230192-30912.png
325 KB, 530x651
>>578605
You're fucking retarded and this is shit bait

Rick wilson is the reason anime and trump go hand in hand, /pol/ took that in as the contrarian fucks that we are

fucking educate yourself
>>
>>578608
>/pol/ supports bringing reddit onto 4chan
Another reason to burn the whole board to the ground.
>>
>>578605
>OC is reddit
literally the cancer killing 4chan
>>
>>578612
Take your nigger ass back home, you goddamn redditscum, you support bringing in these pieces of shit, you fucking harp about how you support a wall, how about you do instead of saying and start removing these goddamn redditors infesting /pol/.
>>578614
>putting a hat is OC
Kill yourself outta here cancer.
>>
File: 23123123.jpg (2 MB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
23123123.jpg
2 MB, 1365x1024
>>578613
I dont support it, I always knew it was going to be a bad idea, and it has been

I've seen people posting OC from the front page of those subreddits in the generals which came from /pol/

I agree, i want the 4chan population nuked
>>
>>578623
>I dont support it
Then do something. Right now it's looking pretty hypercritical that /pol/ doesn't support migrants yet we get these migrants coming in
>>
>>578628
I WOULD IF HIRO JUST MADE ME A FUCKING JANITOR ON /POL/
>>
>>578631
Then you didn't try hard enough. It's all your fault and now /pol/ is turning into reddit-lite two.
>>
>>578264
How do you feel about Something Awful? 4chan exists because of that too.
>>
>>578636
Something Awful is a SJW shithole.
>>
t. Niwaka
>>
>>578638
And what does that have to do with 4chan coming form Something Awful?
>>
>>578659
UK is SA and we're the US
>>
>>578661
And Anime is our puritan salem witch hunt religion. Yeah.

There are still plenty of practitioners in puritan protestantism, but it isn't the majority anymore. The majority is video games, politics, and whatever the hell /b/ is posting.

Congrats.
>>
>>578668
So your saying we shouldn't have guns.
>>
>>578672
Shouldn't need 'em. Should be able to pay money to hire a guy to protect me. Should pay for it with my tax dollars. Would be nice if "But then only the criminals would have guns!" Yeah, Criminals, and the cops that arrest them. Yep.

A crime requires motive and volition, and if volition is harder then you get fewer crimes. If having the gun at all is a crime, like it is with Daggers and Switchblades and Brass Knuckles, and Improvised Blackjacks, and the like, then you get fewer murders with that kind of weapon, and the other murder weapons don't pick up the slack as evidence with Japan, Australia, etc. The only countries that have problems with gun violence despite gun bans are the ones that are close enough to the US that weapons are easy to get. No island nation without guns has any gun violence blah blah blah, oh but we need guns because they are magic bullet shields, no they aren't etc etc, but Security Guards are safer even though they're one of the least safe places and statistically the security guards with guns actually manage to get assaulted more often than the ones without guns what the hell! Oh but the second amendment is sacrosanct and the constitution has never been changed before despite the fact that the 2nd Amendment is an amendment and its very existence implies that the US Constitution is changable. Oh but the second amendment is important because it was actually part of the argument about cryptography even though the judge didn't listen to that argument and threw that out of court when it was brought up in that one court case. BLah blah blah second amendment was created because of slavery and wanting to quell slave uprisings before cops existed. BLah blah blah, we're not actually able to overthrow our government. BLah blah blah if bans on guns wouldn't stop criminals from having guns then why even have a constitutional amendment from stopping us from passing guns in the first place etc etc. Okay.
>>
>>578676
Oh but shootings are statistically more likely to happen in gunfree zones! No shit, mass shootings are more likely to happen in places where people congregate and they tend to happen because of some politcal extremism o some kind of crazy deathwish suicidemurderspree thing. Crimes of passion can never be quelled by banning murder. Banning guns would result in more serial knifings but they would'nt result in more knifings than we currently have mass shootings. But Anon I need guns to defend my family! Your family is more likely to shoot you because you have a gun in your house than anybody would shoot you because you don't have a gun. People who own gunget shot accidentaly by their own guns. OH but Anon what about the 12 times in US history that a non military, non off duty cop, non trained professional civilian has thwarted/stopped a shooting! Yeah okay that's great that miracles happen once in awhile. Lemme tell you about the 25 times that a shooter was stopped by an unarmed civilian who snuck up and tackled him blah blah blah.

Have we just about exhausted the gun control argument? No other rich democracy does this shit. It's JUST USA.

But Anon, guns are cool! You fucking got me there. I agree. God bless America's right to fucking murder each other.
>>
>>578681
But Anon, if I 3d print a gun, when does it become a gun? What if I just make a bullet casing and hit it with a hammer? Are hammers guns now, Anon? Anon what if my ship of Theseus gun doesn't have a trigger and fires by a different mechanism? Anon how many rocks do I need to put in a sock before it becomes a deadly weapon and thus becomes a controlled deadly weapon that I'm not allowed to own? You can't logically ban guns! Laws don't actually do anything! I should be allowed to have guns because laws fundamentally don't make any sense because I did a bunch of first order logic to show the undefinablility of all human thoughtforms in the real world!
>>
>>578676
>>578681
>>578684
I'm not reading all this shit. I support owning a gun because if I don't I'm at a disadvantage.
>>
>>578685
Yeah, you won't be as good at killing people without a gun as the people around you are who have guns. That is a really good point. If you wanna be a murderer, you better buy a gun.
>>
>>578270
>>578612

Putting Trump hats on 2D girls is not only insulting to the characters and their creators, but it's an extremely transparent attempt to claim tribal membership to a group of people that openly and fervently reject your existence and see you as no different from your claimed enemies on social media. Many, if not most of you have twitter and reddit accounts which you use for your crusades and you yet you claim to speak for those that despise social media's creeping influence into our communities.
You will never speak for anyone but yourselves.
>>
File: 52343465.png (258 KB, 395x619) Image search: [Google]
52343465.png
258 KB, 395x619
>>578714
>insulting to the characters and their creators
Kek, explain? You think I post these things without watching the show? I enjoy K-on, and its hounouring the show and the character that its being mascot, its the fore front of the movement, you don't put your shit items in the window shop right anon?

> claim tribal membership to a group of people that openly and fervently reject your existence
I dont know what you mean anon, I've been a /pol/ack for 2 years, and been in the trump generals since the start of the year, its a meme you fucking dip

>most of you have twitter and reddit accounts which you use for your crusades and you yet you claim to speak for those that despise social media's creeping influence into our communities.

I don't have a reddit account, I use twitter to shit post and shill, most people use twitter to shill trump
>>
File: 1460477588937.jpg (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460477588937.jpg
69 KB, 300x300
>>578723
>I've been here for 2 years
gee whizz son, you must really know everything then.
>>
>>578729
I never claimed i did you cunt, but I know what you was trying to imply >"le reddit user"
>>
>>578710
>Yeah, you won't be as good at killing people without a gun as the people around you are who have guns.
No, if they're able to shoot at me, I should be able to shoot back.
>>578723
>he does it for free
>he supports bringing in redditors
>he goes on fucking twitter (which is where reddit goes too)
>he ruins perfectly fine reaction images with shitty edits
Take your nigger ass back to >>>/r/eddit 3.0 you jabroni mark.
>>
>>578731
what!?
>>
>>578735
The redditor is being a bitch.
>>
>>578723
Would these girls really be interested in social media political campaigns or are they just innocent girls interested in the SoL joy that has nothing to do with the gritty ugliness of real life politics? People like these shows because they're separate from the real world, you know.

>I've been a /pol/ack for 2 years
I meant the rest of the site, not /pol/ itself. The insinuation is that if you dislike the Trump hat meme that you must dislike anime, and that's far from true.

>I use twitter to shit post and shill
This is related to my first paragraph. The ugliness on social media is something many people don't enjoy, and that's why we're posting here instead of there. The problem is that when you do this stuff on social media it attracts those same people we hate, and nothing good can come from that.

Thank you for the level-headed response, anon.
>>
>>578732
How are you supposed to shoot back after you've been shot? You're dead.
>>
>>578738
>How are you supposed to shoot back after you've been shot? You're dead.
>You're dead
But you haven't shot me, what is this, some freeform shit you wanna do? Is this what Norwegian goons do?
>>
>>578612
>educate yourself
You dipshits are as bad as SJWs.

>rick wilson
are you implying anime became linked to trump supporters because of rick wilson? Why would he have made the comments he did if they weren't already linked? Think about what you're saying for a second
>>
>>578739
You're dead after you've been shot, genius.
>>
>>578745
Where was I shot?
>>
>>578746
If you haven't been shot then why do you need a gun to shoot back?
>>
>>578732
>he does it for free
What? Because I want a political party what involves change to my life, ok then famalam

>>he supports bringing in redditors
No I don't, where did I say I did?

>>he goes on fucking twitter (which is where reddit goes too)
They also go on 4chan, which I dont like, whats your point?
Also do you think I bring them here? No I fucking don't, most twitter users who follow me or who I follow are the alt-right twitter sphere so 99% of them are aware of 4chan

>>he ruins perfectly fine reaction images with shitty edits
Most of them are my own screenshots, like I said, I watch the shows you fucking cunt

>>578737
>Would these girls really be interested in social media political campaigns or are they just innocent girls interested in the SoL joy that has nothing to do with the gritty ugliness of real life politics? People like these shows because they're separate from the real world, you know.

I dont know what to say anon

>I meant the rest of the site, not /pol/ itself. The insinuation is that if you dislike the Trump hat meme that you must dislike anime, and that's far from true.

I first went on /b/ for first couple of months, but then I went on /pol/ i switch around between /a/ /jp/ /3/ /v/g but /pol/ is home board

>This is related to my first paragraph. The ugliness on social media is something many people don't enjoy, and that's why we're posting here instead of there. The problem is that when you do this stuff on social media it attracts those same people we hate, and nothing good can come from that.

Well that's a different issue, but you'll find after the elections it will decrease massively
>>
File: 22131231231.png (97 KB, 323x214) Image search: [Google]
22131231231.png
97 KB, 323x214
>>578743
>You dipshits are as bad as SJWs.
Nani? Because I don't spout shit I know nothing about?

>are you implying anime became linked to trump supporters because of rick wilson? Why would he have made the comments he did if they weren't already linked? Think about what you're saying for a second

Some what my mistake,yeah there would've been a small % already, but his comments ramped it up intensely on /pol/ and thats why these are everywhere
>>
>>578747
Because they might shoot me.
>>578748
>What? Because I want a political party what involves change to my life, ok then famalam
No, because your literally doing it for free.
>No I don't, where did I say I did?
By posting that Trump hat shit. By supporting that reddit colony, by doing nothing in removing them.
>Also do you think I bring them here? No I fucking don't, most twitter users who follow me or who I follow are the alt-right twitter sphere so 99% of them are aware of 4chan
Oh. So your bringing more fuckers from Stormfront, Great. Fuck you there as bad as the redditors.
>Most of them are my own screenshots, like I said, I watch the shows you fucking cunt
Doesn't fucking matter. You are ruining the fucking pictures.
Again, take your jabroni ass back home.
>>
the op's question was about
>Why do so many anons hate anime and "weebshit" now? 4chan exists because of those things

why am i being bullied
>>
>>578753
How are you going to shoot back if you get shot?
>>
>>578756
>How are you going to shoot back if you get shot?
Depends where I got shot. This is real life, nigga, not a video game.
>>
>>578757
You're actually more likely to survive a gunshot in a video game than in real life. In real life, people die when they are killed.
>>
>>578758
In real life, if you got shot in the head, you might die.
>>
>>578759
How are you supposed to shoot back if you get shot in the head?
>>
>>578761
But you didn't shoot me in the head. You didn't shoot me at all. All you did is just write words.
>>
>>578723
>You think I post these things without watching the show?
It's not about watching the show, it's about appropriating the work of others to send your own message.
>>
>>578762
Then why do you need a gun if nobody shot you?
>>
>>578764
So I can protect myself and have a fighting chance so if I do get shot at (and hopefully it misses) I can shoot back and live on.
>>
>>578765
But you haven't been shot, Anon. You don't need to shoot back if nobody shot you.
>>
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>578767
But I have to shoot back. They're going to kill me. Goddammit now your trying to do something.
>>
>>578769
Nobody shot you, Anon. Are you shot? No. You're not. It never happened. So why do you need a gun to shoot back when there was never a shot fired in the first place?
>>
>>578748
>but you'll find after the elections it will decrease massively
I think so, too, but it's still a pretty rough right now with a population spike. I don't have the chart handy but there's a graph with /pol/'s post count growth and it's massive this year.
I don't have any issue with /pol/ itself, I just wish they wouldn't attract so many outsiders with their campaigns.
>>
>>578753
>No, because your literally doing it for free.
If you're being charged for supporting somthing anon, then shits on you. I'm sorry for supporting an idea

>by posting that Trump hat shit. By supporting that reddit colony, by doing nothing in removing them.
I dont support "reddit colony", it think its fucking cancer, but what can I do? I point it out when I can but im not a mod, theres no rules agaisnt it

>Oh. So your bringing more fuckers from Stormfront, Great. Fuck you there as bad as the redditors.
>Stormfront boogieman
atleast they're conservative and don't want your media being infested with liberal propaganda, most of them are weebs as well so idk anon

>Doesn't fucking matter. You are ruining the fucking pictures.
Again, take your jabroni ass back home.
I don't know anon, memes.

>>578763
What website are you on? as well, with all honesty, if one of the creators said "stop doing this" i think it would stop and the meme would be killed off, or it would increase intensely

i would stop
>>
>>578750
By using "educate yourself" you're saying not only am I objectively right and you're wrong, but also that my time is clearly so precious and valuable to me that I can't even be bothered to engage in the discussion and provide reasoning for my claims. It's the sort of lazy, arrogant tactics SJWs use in arguments, in particular, I've seen the "educate yourself" phrase used by them all the time.

Sure, Wilson's comments increased the connection between the two, but there was certainly more than "a small %" before then. There's no way /pol/fags shilling for trump on twitter weren't using anime avatars before then. I saw anime-trump on various boards before the comments as well - it's the sort of thing that happens every election cycle, going right back to the "Ron Paul will make anime real" shit in 2008.
>>
>>578770
So I can protect myself from the possibility of getting shot at so in the event I do get shot at I can shoot back.
>>
>>578774
But you can't shoot back if you get shot.
>>
>>578769
>>578770
*spins around, unsheathing two katana-guns*
Heh. Words are one thing, but I'm a man of action.
This conversation bores me.
*shoots you both*
And so I'm alone once more.
>>
>>578776
*somehow, miraculously, shoots you back even though I'm dead, because that's apparently possible*
>>
>>578772
>I'm sorry for supporting an idea
I'm sorry you aren't getting paid.
>I dont support "reddit colony", it think its fucking cancer, but what can I do? I point it out when I can but im not a mod, theres no rules agaisnt it
Then do something about it. You do nothing which makes you as bad as the redditors that ruin the fucking board.
>most of them are weebs as well so idk anon
No no, most of them are not. They are the fucking vocal ones who get pissy and act like pussies over fucking anime pictures.
>I don't know anon, memes.
Fuck your memes.
>>578775
No, you can, depends on where you get shot at, also depends on how well you are at taking pain.
>>
>>578772
>What website are you on?
A website where the vast majority of people outside /pol/ don't have an agenda. Not that there's anything wrong with having a cause you want to fight for, but it irritates me when people bring it into boards where it's not relevant. I think using a character to tell a shitty joke or as a reaction image is pretty different from using a them to support a political campaign.

>with all honesty, if one of the creators said "stop doing this" i think it would stop and the meme would be killed off, or it would increase intensely
Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.
>>
>>578778
If people miss when they shoot guns, what good are they?
>>
>>578781
>If people miss when they shoot guns, what good are they?
Bad shots. If they do hit, you can still shoot, sometimes.
>>
great pro-anime anti-normalfag discussion /qa/
>>
>>578782
Then what good is shooting back?
>>
>>578277
Rei*
FTFY.
>>
>>578784
So you can kill the guy who just shot you so you can dial 911 and get some help from the doctors who can fix you up.
>>
>>578787
But Anon, if you shoot him, he might not even die, just like you.
>>
>>578788
Then you try to shoot at him again while he shoots at you.
Why are you trying to turn me on?
>>
>>578789
What if we banned guns and he didn't even have a gun? Then he wouldn't be able to shoot you. Would you still need a gun?
>>
>>578791
Yeah, because now he has a knife and I just shoot him.
>>
>>578783
nice shitpost, Australia
>>
>>578792
But guns are banned, Anon. Why do you have a gun?
>>
I get that not everyone likes anime or has any interest in it, but it's bizarre how it makes people angry to the point where they'll go to anime sites like 4chan and demand them to stop mentioning it.

Honestly it's probably not even Reddit, because I've sometimes seen anime threads on /r/movies getting to the frontpage and there's no whining about it like there is here, or if there is it gets downvoted to oblivion.

But I can speculate on a few reasons why anime inspires so much psychotic (even legitimately psychotic) rage in normalfags.

- It's thought to be for children, and since normalfags have a need to police everyone they can't stand adults having anything to do with childish things. It's probably a reflection of their own insecurities and fears.

- There's still a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment in the US, and it has spread to other countries as a meme.

- People, mainly Americans, are jealous of the success of anime and bitter about the failures of American/Western animation. Anime is beating America at its "own" game and that's unacceptable.

- Moe has become a trendy facet of anime and several things about it trigger normalfags and make them want to police moe fans for their social transgressions. Not only are moe fans attracted to drawn characters, but they're even romantically attracted to them. Romantic love even towards real people is now considered passe or even objectionable (you're supposed to netflix and chill instead, to show how detached you are).

Normalfags aren't consciously aware of any of this though, they just lash out in fits of rage.
>>
>>578794
Because I'm not stupid and I want to keep myself armed.
>>
>>578797
Sounds to me like a gun control ban would benefit you.
>>
>>578773
Ill concede to you on that point mainly because I wasn't on /pol/ when the ron Paul stuff was going on, I know theres always been a "x anime" meme on /pol/
>>
>>578799
But it wouldn't.
>>
>>578804
Sure it would. Now you could shoot people without them being able to shoot back, and you could be the murderer you've always wanted to be without the pretenses.
>>
>>578806
Why the hell would I kill someone?
>>
>>578807
Why else would you need a gun?
>>
>>578809
So I can protect myself from people with knifes.
>>
>>578810
If we banned guns then you can go murder every knife owner without needing to worry about being shot.
>>
>>578811
>murder
Murder implies malice you idiot.
>>
>>578812
I agree. That's why I said it. I was implying malice.
>>
>>578814
Why are you trying to bully me? All I wanted to do is protect myself from people with weapons so I can have a chance at surviving.
>>
>>578816
Anon, I don't care what your motive is. It's still murder.
>>
>>578818
Why are we talking about murder you goddamn goon?
>>
>>578819
Because you want to go on a genocidal killing spree against everybody with a knife.
>>
>>578796
You do not need a line break for every sentence, man.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 860x571) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 860x571
>>578780
>A website where the vast majority of people outside /pol/ don't have an agenda.

Everyone has an agenda anon, everyone has some beliefs.

>but it irritates me when people bring it into boards where it's not relevant.

Fair enough yeah, I've seen the cross board shitposting on other boards as well

>I think using a character to tell a shitty joke or as a reaction image is pretty different from using a them to support a political campaign.

I dont know anon, maybe it is, what people find funny and entertaining is subjective, like pick related
>>
>>578822
It was a list. Note the "-".
>>
>>578821
Why you trying to twist my words?
>>
>>578783
Welcome to /qa/
>>
>>578825
I'm not. You said that if we banned guns, you'd need to have a gun to shoot people with knives to defend yourself. Remember? >>578792 You imagined a knife in the unarmed man's hand, and shot him for no reason.

You want to kill everybody.
>>
>>578828
If someone is coming at me with a knife then I'm going to shoot back.
>>
>>578829
You can't shoot back if they never shot you. That would just be you shooting them. You shot him when he didn't shoot you. That isn't shooting back. That's murder.
>>
Why is a libcuck arguing against self-defense here? The fuck does that have to do with anime or 4chan?
>>
>>578830
They're going to stab me with a knife. So I'm going to shoot them so I don't get stabbed.
>>
>>578831
Shooting people isn't self defense. It's offense.
>>
File: 1467512394704.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
1467512394704.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>578780
Also, don't know if its related but its a rallying cry, /trump/ general has been going none stop, since it starts last year, with a 300 post limit and no mod support, when ever there a live stream of his speech or something happening its gets posted to keep people up

sad I know but it is, they are used for reactionary purposes
>>
>>578833
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>578832
You have paranoid schizophrenia, Anon. He isn't real. You don't need to shoot him. He's imaginary. You made him up. Put down the gun, Anon. Anon, please don't shoot.
>>
>>578836
What are you talking about? None of this is real, gun culture is here first and shall stay. So is anime.
>>
>>578835
A sentence on 4chan. The preceding sentence, and this one, are also both sentences on 4chan. You wrote a sentence on 4chan too.
>>
>>578838
Anon, I beg you, please don't shoot anymore people. They were helpless victims. The danger is all in your mind. You're a murderer. Turn yourself in.
>>
>>578840
What are you talking about? I didn't kill anyone, I've been sitting here.
>>
>>578839
>>578840
You're mentally ill.
>>
>>578841
If you didn't kill anybody, then why do you need a gun?
>>
>>578843
Because I live in Flint and I want to protect myself.
>>
>>578841
This is why we don't need guns people, ban all guns, and anime
>>
>>578844
How many people have you shot, Anon?
>>
>>578845
No, it's part of the culture you nerd.
>>
So what do guns have to do with newfags hating anime?
>>
>>578849
you cant predict when erp comes in
>>
>>578846
None.
>>578849
Because people who want to take away guns are on par with people who want to take away anime
>>
>>578851
>None
How eagerly do you await somebody finally shooting at you so that you can kill them?
>>
>>578852
Not at all, because that's mean.
>>
>>578853
You must spend a lot of time practicing how to use your gun that you'll never actually use for its intended purpose.
>>
>>578854
It's fun, that's why I like it.
>>
>>578857
I thought you have a gun to defend yourself. Now you're telling me that you have a gun for fun? Which is it?
>>
>>578859
I have a gun to defend myself and I like shooting it at the range because it's fun and I can practice my aim.
>>
>>578823
I went from being annoyed by these memesters to outright hating them yesterday.
Why? Because ZUN was speaking at a con and these fucking retards couldn't leave their Trump hats at home- and even had the disrespect to do some shitty "BUILD WALL" shit when given the privilege to ask him a question. Then other morons in the audience chanted some more Trump shit and ZUN was understandably confused.
You can start here for a basic run-down and see /jp/'s response as well: https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S15478051#p15479435

Human garbage. /pol/ has no allies on these boards and I hope you subhuman filth understand this.
>>
>>578860
But you don't defend yourself with it. You told me you've never shot anybody before.
>>
>>578862
It's incredible how mentally ill you are.
>>
>>578864
What does me being mentally ill have to do with you spending hours and hours learning to use a worthless piece of metal?
>>
>>578862
And that's a good thing, but I have it just in case.
>>
>>578866
I'm not the guy you're "arguing" with. I'm just pointing out you're hardcore insane.
>>
>>578868
Just in case? In case of what? You've never shot anybody. Do you remember here when I asked you what if you get shot and you said that you haven't been shot? >>578739 Well that applies here too. You haven't been shot, Anon. So why do you need a gun?
>>
>>578870
Oh. Okay. Well thank you for your contribution to this thread.
>>
>>578871
>you haven't been in a car crash, anon. so why do you need a seatbelt?
>you haven't been in a fire, anon. so why do you need a fire extinguisher?
>you haven't been in a blackout, anon. so why do you need a flashlight?
>you haven't had a heart attack, anon. so why do you need to excercise and eat healthily?
>>
>>578871
>So why do you need a gun?
So I can protect myself.
>>
>>578876
From what?
>>
Ban guns/anime NOW
>>
>>578878
People who might kill me.
>>
>>578874
Yes, those are all libertarian talking points. Do you have anything to contribute?
>>
>>578881
>Do you have anything to contribute?
Aside from pointing out how idiotic and obviously false your argument is? No, I guess not.
>>
>>578880
You want to shoot everybody who MIGHT kill you? How unstable are you?
>>
>>578883
That's not what I just said you bully.
>>
>>578882
Thank you for your contribution to this thread, Anon.
>>
>>578884
That is exactly what you just said. You just said you need a gun so that you can use a gun on people who might kill you.
>>
>>578885
It's very obvious that you have no counter-argument to what I said.
>>
>>578887
I said I want to protect myself from people who might kill me.
>>
>>578888
That is a leap of intuition that you are making in your own mind. I am merely not presenting a counter argument to what you've said.

>>578891
Yes. And we've established that you believe protecting yourself means shooting people. You protect yourself using a gun by shooting people dead.
>>
>>578893
So you concede that you have no counter-argument and that you are wrong and have lost the debate. We're done here, then.
>>
>>578895
I am not conceding because I am not challenging you. You're just kind of saying things and I'm listening. Thank you for posting, Anon! You made a valuable contribution to this thread, I guess!
>>
>>578893
What else am I suppose to do, throw it?
>>
>>578896
This thread isn't even about gun control or self-defense you fucking retard.
>>
>>578899
It's about anime and I'm trying to draw parallels between the fact that the site is for posting anime and people like >>578896 are trying to take it away. Just like people who want to grab peoples guns.
>>
>>578898
I'm not here to debate the functional fixedness of a firearm, Anon. I'm here to debate the viability and usefulness of them.

>>578899
Is the topic set by OP sacrosanct and dictated down from Heaven, Anon? The conversation has moved on from anime to guns, and I wasn't the one who brought guns up. This post did: >>578672 If you have any grievances about guns, you should be making it at the gentleman who is supporting the right to bear arms, not me.
>>
>>578902
>The conversation has moved on from anime to guns
Because you're a fucking lunatic, not because the topic has any reason to exist in this thread.
>>
>>578902
But your telling me I'm loony because I want to protect my house.
>>
>>578904
But I didn't bring up the topic, Anon. The gentleman who wants to shoot everybody who might pose a threat to him did.

>>578905
It's not your wish to protect things that I'm challenging. It's your method of doing so.
>>
>>578908
So I can't use a gun to protect myself and my property. What is this bullshit?
>>
>>578909
How viable do you think a gun is at stopping a bullet from hitting you? So far the only method of "protection" you've described is a nuanced revenge machine that allows you kill people who first attempt to kill you.
>>
>>578910
>So far the only method of "protection" you've described is a nuanced revenge machine that allows you kill people who first attempt to kill you.
That's exactly how self-defense with a gun works and is supposed to work.
>>
>>578910
>How viable do you think a gun is at stopping a bullet from hitting you?
It isn't. That's why people have walls and doors so they can protect themselves from bullets and use it as cover
>>
>>578912
So you don't actually carry the gun to protect yourself. You carry the gun to kill people, and you have a moral code that says that you only kill people if they've mad an effort on your life first.
>>
>>578919
>you have a moral code that says that you only kill people if they've mad an effort on your life first.
Yes. That's how it works you s l u t
>>
>>578919
You defend yourself by killing someone who is trying to kill you. If you don't know what self-defense means then go look it up in the dictionary.
>>
>>578914
This, I always remember to bring my front door as ballistics protection with me when I go out.
>>
>>578923
Okay. Let's go back a little bit. We've established that self defense is killing people, and that guns are needed for self defense, and that if there were to be a ban on guns, then you would still have a gun for self defense.

Wouldn't a ban on guns make you safer? There would be fewer people with guns, and you would still have one.
>>
>>578928
>Wouldn't a ban on guns make you safer?
No. Because as we established people can still kill you with a knife or with something else.
>>
>>578928
How would I have a gun if they are banned?
>>
>>578931
As pro-gun Anon said: >>578797 "Because I'm not stupid and I want to keep myself armed."

>>578930
But you have a gun and can just shoot them without fear of them shooting you back because you don't have a gun.
>>
>>578933
Just because I want something doesn't mean I can get it. I have no criminal connections and no idea where I could illegally get a gun.

Banning guns overwhelmingly favors criminals.
>>
>>578933
But we already established that I wouldn't of killed someone unless they attack.
>>
at least on /v/, a lot of shitposters or people who announce bad opinions use anime reaction images, so that's possibly where it came from
>>
>>578934
It also benefits the police. The police can more easily identify criminals and put them behind bars. For instance, anyone with a gun.
>>
>>578939
That's wrong though, because a criminal would hide there gun.
>>
>>578939
That's not how it works.
>>
>>578941
Is there something about police I don't understand? Do they not punish evildoers? Would anybody other than an evildoer have a gun in this case?

>>578940
It's more difficult to hide a gun than to hide killing intent with guns readily available. Controlling for volition is much easier than controlling for motive. You need both for violence to happen.
>>
>>578946
No you don't, that's a lie and you know it.
>>
>>578946
Criminals hide their guns and in most countries the police cannot and will not search anyone they come across.
>>
>>578359
You never provided an argument.
>>
File: 1456064488953.png (66 KB, 367x506) Image search: [Google]
1456064488953.png
66 KB, 367x506
So anime huh? I guess the MAGA hat thing came from these other hats.
>>
>>578948
Well yeah, you're right. Sometimes people shoot people when they don't have a motive, by accident, for example. But nobody shoots somebody without a gun. When there are fewer guns to go around, fewer people get shot.

>>578949
The behavior of most countries isn't relevant. In most rich democracies, there are fewer murders because there are fewer guns because of strict laws restricting them. I've chosen not to bring up Japan's complete lack of gun violence and Australia's sudden drop in mass shootings as of the implementation of stricter gun control laws for this argument though because it would be a non-sequitur.
>>
>>578955
>correlations equals causation
>>
>>578955
Again: criminals hide their guns and the police doesn't search every person they meet. Not even if they're allowed to do that.
>>
>>578956
How would I shoot somebody without a gun, Anon?
>>
>>578958
I'll go ahead and concede the point that guns would still be in the hands of criminals. In this situation where guns would only be in the hands of criminals there would be fewer white suburban teenagers without gang affiliations shooting up their schools. There would be fewer cucks getting mad and shooting their wives and then themselves when they walk in on her cheating on them. The only people with guns would be gangs and the police. Crimes of passion would disappear unless that crime of passion was a cold, concerted, and premeditated plan, that involved navigating the criminal underworld and finding a gun on the black market. You might lose your opportunity to get a revenge kill on a professional hitman, but in exchange, you no longer need to fear every last person you encounter being a potential threat to your life.

And chances are, that professional hitman would have been a better shot than you anyway.
>>
>>578959
Because you still have a gun and you can use it.
>>
>>578964
I see. In a situation where I don't have a gun, I still have a gun.

Anon, why don't you want guns banned? It wouldn't even change anything. Shouldn't you be neutral on whether or not guns are banned? If they take away your guns, you still have your guns, right?
>>
>>578962
People have a right to defend themselves and guns are necessary for self-defense. Therefore guns should be allowed.
>>
>>578966
What if somebody attacks you with an armored vehicle?
>>
>>578965
Why are you trying to act like a girl who wants to take away my guns?
>>
>>578969

What?
>>
What if guns didn't exist though?
>>
>>578975
But they do exist.
>>
>>578970
What does that matter? If I take your guns away, you'll still have them. What are you afraid of?
>>
>>578966
Guns aren't necessary for self defense unless they have guns too.

Why do you want everybody who wants you dead to have a gun?
>>
>>578978
>What are you afraid of?
Other people losing there guns.
>>
>>578980
Those people might have shot you with their guns. Wouldn't you be safer if they didn't have them?
>>
>>578979
If your opponent is physically much superior, you need a gun. If there are multiple attackers, you need a gun. Even if you are able to win without a gun, you can't necessarily know you're able to win and even if you do win you may suffer serious injuries in the process.

>Why do you want everybody who wants you dead to have a gun?
I don't and I never said I do.
>>
>>578981
No. It isn't about the "safer" it's the fact that they have guns and I have guns and we have a thing of deterrence.
>>
>>578982
The same logic applies if they're a better shot with a gun than you are.

>>578983
But Anon, are you saying that you would shoot them if they didn't have a gun? I thought you only use your gun in cases of self defense. Why do you need to be deterred?
>>
>>578984
>The same logic applies if they're a better shot with a gun than you are.
How does it apply?
>>
>>578984
>Why do you need to be deterred?
I don't shoot them, they don't shoot me, we all cool.
Again your starting to scare me.
>>
>>578987
You'll lose in a gunfight if they're a better shot than you, and you miss. If you face multiple attackers, all with guns, then you'll lose in the gunfight.

>>578988
Anon, they can't shoot you without a gun. Why are you afraid of >>578980 "Other people losing there guns."?
>>
>>578989
>Anon, they can't shoot you without a gun
And that makes me tyrant because I might be able to have a gun. Your really scarring me and it's not funny.
>>
>>578989
Not everyone will (be able to) carry a gun even if it's legal, and even if they do carry one it doesn't mean they'll be able to deploy their guns before you do, and at worst you're just substituting an unfavorable situation (a physical fight you can't win) for a less unfavorable one (a gun fight).
>>
>>578990
Why are you frightened by a situation where you're safer?

>>578991
Yeah, but not everyone will be physically stronger than you, or physically capable of fighting on your level.

Gun fights are physical fights, Anon. Your skill with a gun and your skill with martial arts are just skills. You could practice at the firing range, or you could practice at your gym/dojo. It's all the same. This argument in favor of guns doesn't hold water.
>>
>>578994
Because they aren't safer. Your scarring me and it's weird.
>>
>>578994
>Yeah, but not everyone will be physically stronger than you, or physically capable of fighting on your level.
And maybe a gun won't be needed in those situations. Of course, you can't really know how dangerous someone is, and you can still die or get injured due to a mistake or bad luck. So if someone is posing a threat to you, it's acceptable to deploy your gun.

>Gun fights are physical fights, Anon.
Don't pretend to be stupid, you know exactly what distinction I am making.
>>
>>578995
But they are safe. You would never kill somebody unless it was in self defense, and if they can't attack you with a gun, then you would never shoot them.
>>
>>578997
This is some scary women logic and I don't like it, please stop, the world isn't going to be safer with or without guns.
>>
>>578997
You can shoot someone in self-defense even if they don't have a gun or don't appear to have one.
>>
>>578996
And you know just the equivalency that I'm trying to draw. Are you so arrogant that you can't imagine a situation where somebody might be better at using a gun than you are, Anon?

>>578998
So what you're saying is, you would kill somebody for no reason, unless you feared reprisal.

I think you're the one we should be taking guns away from, Anon. I think you're a paranoid schizophrenic.

>>578999
"Self Defense" is just what you gun nuts call murder, isn't it? When somebody else does it, it's wrong, but when you do it, it's right. You have whatever justification you want, don't you? Your "Fear" is truth.

You'd kill somebody who poses zero threat to you just because you felt like it, and then you call it self defense because there's a possible future in which he posed a threat.

You're all disgusting.
>>
>>579001
That's not what I just said. I said people should be armed so they can be able to protect themselves. I'm scared and your making me nervous.
>>
>>579002
You think people should have guns to protect themselves from you. You fear what you're capable of, and you fear giving up that capability, that culpability, even more.
>>
>>579003
Twisting my words again, I said they should be armed so they can protect themselves from each other.
Scarring me and making me nervous anon.
>>
>>579001
>Are you so arrogant that you can't imagine a situation where somebody might be better at using a gun than you are, Anon?
What the hell are you talking about?

>"Self Defense" is just what you gun nuts call murder, isn't it?
Self-defense is not murder. Not legally, not morally, not logically.

>Your "Fear" is truth.
As it turns out, people fear death and injury and will take steps necessary to prevent them from occuring. Such as shooting someone who is trying to kill or injure them. This is known as "self-defense."

>You'd kill somebody who poses zero threat to you just because you felt like it
Cite the post where I have said or implied that. Protip: you can't.
>>
Hey guys, I gotta go. My girlfriend wants to watch a movie and she's been waiting patiently for me to quit calling you all murderers for a while. Sorry. We'll play more the next time this idiot who doesn't know how to use the correct "there/they're/their" draws another false equivalency.

You'll find that every single point we've raised was covered in these three posts. >>578676 >>578681 >>578684 I hope you had fun not reading those and instead going through them all in chatroom format!

It's been fun!
>>
>>579008
>a fucking lesbian
>>
>>579009
Haha, yeah. Oh, btw, I own a gun. I have one because if I ever join an LGBT pride parade, I gotta be able to shoot the shooter who inevitably shows up. I love killing, afterall. Bye.
>>
>>579008
>Hey guys, I gotta go. I got completely fucked in this debate and am unable to continue.
Fixed.
>>
>>579008
I wouldn't read this retarded thread if you paid me
Unless you paid me in weed
>>
>>579010
So that explains your fuckwad argument, and the fact that you got me scarred.
>>
>>579015
I mean, that post is a lie, but yeah. Sure explains it! I'm a Lesbian Norwegian Islamic Something Awful goon. Sure! It all adds up.

Okay I really gotta go this time. Bye.
>>
>>579016
No, your a dyke from Norway. That's it.
>>
>5 hours of arguing about stupid shit unrelated to the OP
simply ebin, anons
>>
>>579022
Guns are very important anon.
>>
>>579023
They should be outlawed
>>
>>579026
They should not, they are important to America and protects us.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.