[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I delete my own posts and threads? You used to able to.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: can't.png (6 KB, 613x221) Image search: [Google]
can't.png
6 KB, 613x221
Why can't I delete my own posts and threads? You used to able to.
>>
>>573794
Unless you are talking about /qst/ you can delete your threads/posts, you just need to wait a while before you can do that. We want to have a little extra time to laugh at you for your craappy thread/post. You can't delete your own threads on /qst/.
>>
>>573796
I see. How much time has to pass? It's been 15 minutes and still can't. I used the wrong board by mistake and don't want to get banned.
>>
>>573797
If you're trying to delete a thread, you can't. It got disabled after people kept false-flagging by making threads and deleting them to make it look like they had been banned.
>>
>>573796
What, the fuck, is the window for deletion? If I wait to delete a post, I get the message "YOU CAN'T DELETE A POST THIS OLD." So, I have to wait to delete, but then after enough time I cannot delete.

What's the premise?
>>
>>573855
If you're mobileposting, posting in a different browser, posting in incognito/inprivate, have a dynamic ip, or a multitude of other things, it may not register the post as "yours". It's the same thing when someone replies to a post you made but the chain doesn't have (You) in it. Happens to me all the time, it's just something you have to deal with.
>>
>>573794
Because people abused the fuck out of it.
>>
>>573889
You're misunderstanding me completely. If I make a thread, then it has run its literal course, I cannot delete it. Not because I'm trying from a different machine or changing IPs. It literally tells me that I cannot delete posts that old. The site's robotics know I am the right person, but I am outside of some window.

>Please wait before deleting this post

>[time passes]

>You cannot delete a post this old

What is the logic in this?
>>
>>573913
people would make on-topic threads, let them get dozens of replies, delete the thread, and then accuse the mods of censorship.

i think deleting your own thread is disabled completely on certain boards.
>>
>>573913
If the thread has run it's course you are supposed to let it fall off of the board. Are you constantly hovering at the thread limit per IP or something?
>>
It's so you can get banned for accidentally making the wrong thread on the wrong board.
>>
Only fags delete their posts
>>
>>575976
delete this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.