[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chan vs Reddit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: ea08_tesla_edison_dd.jpg (45 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
ea08_tesla_edison_dd.jpg
45 KB, 600x607
Post advantages/disadvantages for both.
>>
>>573474
There isn't
Both have cicrlejerking fedorafags except 4chan is anonymous so youngfags can get away with shite and reddit literally is for younger audiences.
>>
>>573480
>reddit literally is for younger audiences

The userbase of 4chan is much younger than reddit.
>>
>>573484
Didn't I just address why?
Anonymity is why they can get away with jt
>>
>>573480
>reddit literally is for younger audiences.
Both websites have a large student user base
>>
>>573488
I just said because of fucking anonymity that's how they're able to get away with it
Holy shite mate
>>
>>573474
reddit attracts more knowledgeable and passionate posters at the cost of having to sift through shitty memes from last year and circlejerks

4chan attracts retards and bikeshedders in droves but at least you can tell them to fuck off and call them a nigger without getting banned forever
>>
>>573493
Shut up nigger
>>
reddit is 4chan for the grown ups.

most 4channers are kids that want to post memes and be edgy on the Internet. When they get older they move on to reddit or facebook or wherever.
>>
>>573496
t.reddit
We both know that's never true
>>
>>573498
average age on 4chan is 14 - 18

average on reddit is 18 -29
>>
I used to make bait threads on /r9k/ with two hundred replies then post screen caps of the thread on /r/4chan for upvote karma back in 2014.
>>
>>573503
When redditors have a shitpost clogging up their bowels they come to 4chan to release it.
>>
>>573502
Fuck off Reddit
>>
4chan cons:
- stonewall and occasionally fascist moderation
- shitposters
- lowest-common-denominator garbage floats to the top every time
- rest of the internet treats it like a garbage dump

reddit cons:
- pretentious and occasionally fascist moderation
- lowest-common-denominator garbage upvoted every time
- reply threading is super shit
>>
>>573521
forgot to add that unpopular opinions are regularly downvoted into oblivion on reddit, which is an actual problem rather than just a user problem

also both sites are flooded with underage retards (who are very mature for their age)
>>
>>573525
That's why many sub-reddits only let something be upvoted or not after a set length in many cases very long.
>>
Hey guys! I use both. I've got about 4000 comment karma. I don't post very much. I'm on 4chan way more often. I go to reddit occasionally when I want to find something super specific because I love the way there's a subreddit for literally everything. I was first turned onto that site when I found out that the subreddit for a game I played was more popular than the game's own forums.

Anywho, the main advantage to Reddit is also its main disadvantage. Severe balkanization and specificity. There really is a specific subreddit for just about any topic! That being said, you quickly realize how small your niche thing you like really is. It kind of hurts when you find that there are really only 50 people out there who like something like Irisu Syndrome, or whatever.

The other main pro/con that reddit and 4chan has is that popular things get upvoted and unpopular things get downvoted. This is sort of a throwing out the baby with the bathwater thing, because it definitely cuts down on shitposting considerably, it also cuts down on contrary opinions. But if you agree with the majority (which, statistically, you probably do) then you're PROBABLY going to like the front page of reddit most of the time.

If, on the other hand, you greatly prefer "RAW" discussion and don't mind shitposters being on the same footing as non-shitposters, then 4chan is definitely the way to go.

And finally, you'll find that anything that gets downvoted in one place will be upvoted in another place on Reddit. /r/funny is a fucking shithole just like /b/ is. Blah blah blah, you get the idea.
>>
>>573529
tldr
>>
>>573474
There online forums. Both are worth precisely as much as you're willing to put into them.
>>
>>573474
kill yourself
>>
>>573474
Well, at least they're not forums:

>quote
>>quote
>>>quote in quote
>>>>quote
>>>response 1
>>response 2
>response
lol
>>
>>573496
Reddit is for normalfags cancer
kill yourself with your 3DPD
>>
4chan: Born from people pretending to be retarded, degenerated into muh serious discussion no fun allowed delete this

Reddit: Born for "serious discussion", degenerated into clickbait memespam
>>
4chan is kind of hard to say, aside from the anonymity, since it depends heavily on the boards you use.

Reddit has the advantage that the moderation is much better, you can contact the mods, and the reporting system is much better than 4chan's. There are many small communities and hobbies which are kept alive in reddit, which is kind of nice I guess.

The bad thing about reddit is that its users are normalfag as fuck, the upvoting system means that you either have to agree with the hivemind or your comment will go unnoticed.

It's kind of sad to see how many boards are hit by redditors migrating, a lot of them are present at /int/ and /pol/, and mainly use those boards to unwind with their "epic bantz", It has something to do with some 4chan colony on reddit but I wouldn't know either way.
>>
The upvote/downvote system is unforgivable. I can't use any website with it
>>
>>573529
>starts post with "Hey guys!"
>I'm on 4chan more often
bull fucking shit
>>
>>575621
>I make up retarded fantasies so they're the same
>>
File: 1457679220197.png (165 KB, 492x378) Image search: [Google]
1457679220197.png
165 KB, 492x378
>>575621
That's one shitty analogy god fucking dammit.
Go get bitten by a shark if you love surfing so much you have to """"subtly""""" claim it high and wide
>>
I sometimes wind up on reddit if I'm googling a tech issue or for information on something and its the only relevant result that comes up. I don't have a reddit account and I never will, but I do find useful information on the site occasionally.

That said I doubt I would ever be able to have fun posting there. Too many people trying to be taken seriously, and the posts that are supposed to be fun feel like they're just competing with each other for upvotes. There's also the fact that reddit's humor is often just lifted from other websites, and usually watered down so as not to offend their communities. They care too much about their reputations and their accounts to make jokes freely, or compose original humor. Much safer to just use other peoples' jokes and ideas since they are already approved of.

There's just something about that shrewd, calculating approach to social activity I can't stand. It makes me feel like they're nothing but phonies too scared to be honest.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.