[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11
File: po-banner-reresized.gif (133 KB, 468x60) Image search: [Google]
po-banner-reresized.gif
133 KB, 468x60
I submitted this banner for the contest last week, but it's not showing up in the list to vote.

Did this banner break some rule?

I thought I read the rules very carefully...then again I am stupid.

Was it just not up to standards? Did the mods leave it out because it was bad?

Moderators please respond.
>>
>>572699
I think that is a great banner and i would have certainly voted for it IF i had 4chan gold account :^)
>>
>>572700
Thanks.
I guess it's too late now...
>>
MODS PLS STICKY
seriously what the hell swaglord?
>>
I have spent hours on my banners for s4s and cute/male and now youre telling me that my submission could be ignored..?
>>
>>572703
Exactly.
This is bullshit!
Mods get to cherry pick before the contest apparently.
There's one banner with a fucking toilet paper roll for /po/. I don't see how that got picked over the op.
>>
>>572699
I think your banner would have won for sure. It's too bad it didn't get picked to be in the contest.
>>
this is blatant cencorship
>>
Had the same problem with my banners.
They appeared after I messaged a mod on 4chan's IRC - not sure if coincidence or they fixed it manually.
I got lucky, but I fucking knew there could have been other people with the same problem.
>>
File: Ban.png (65 KB, 468x60) Image search: [Google]
Ban.png
65 KB, 468x60
>>572703
It's mostly the jokes banners who're winning right now so don't overdo it.
For example, I did this one expecting the rule about high quality was gonna be harsh but it isn't at all, and you don't have to put the description of the board in your banner.
>>
Also, OP, are you sure that your banner was successfully submitted?
After you upload it, you should get a message saying so as well as a link to check your banner's status that looks like https://www.4chan.org/banner-contest/status/[codehere]
If you didn't get it, your banner wasn't even uploaded. There seems to be a bug and sometimes if fails to upload
If you did get the banner code, could you check the status? Does it say "pending approval'?
>>
File: vomit-the-cake.png (28 KB, 165x165) Image search: [Google]
vomit-the-cake.png
28 KB, 165x165
>>572738
I never got a status link.

I filled out the name and email fields, chose /po/ from the list, browsed to my banner and then clicked submit. I was taken back to the contest page.

I didn't realize you were supposed to get a link. I don't see anywhere where it says you're supposed to. I thought my entry had been submitted when I clicked submit.

I wonder how many other people this happened to.

How many banners ended up in the twilight zone?
>>
>>572771
Yeah, I got the same thing at first.
It seems that the actual file size limit is about 120-130kb, so if you submit a bigger file it fails to upload without giving an error. Wouldn't be surprised if there's other bugs that don't let your upload through.

Next time if you don't get the status link, try to lower the file size or edit the image in any way so that the image hash changes and try submitting again until you get it.
>>
File: jackpot.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
jackpot.png
19 KB, 200x200
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>572771
If you're not sure about your banner just resubmit it again. If it was sent in you'll get a message saying it already exists.
>>
>>572804
He thought he had submitted it though.
>>
>>572771
this thing was rigged from the start
>>
>>572870
What could the possibly stand to gain from rigging this contest though?
>>
>>572699
shame, I actually like this banner
>>
People are voting for the garbage reddit-tier banners anyways.
>>
>>572998
Why are they doing that?
>>
File: po banner.png (45 KB, 468x60) Image search: [Google]
po banner.png
45 KB, 468x60
Mine was rejected as well... :(
>>
>>573022
RIGGED!
>>
File: 0003-wsr.png (25 KB, 468x60) Image search: [Google]
0003-wsr.png
25 KB, 468x60
Thanks for making this thread, OP; I didn't realize there was a banner contest. I submitted this one for /wsr/. Wish me luck!
>>
>>572699
Well, 133kb is larger than 128kb, OP.
>>
File: Selection_891.png (86 KB, 997x507) Image search: [Google]
Selection_891.png
86 KB, 997x507
>>573039
>>
File: uh.png (85 KB, 883x673) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
85 KB, 883x673
>>573050
Where did you find that?
>>
File: Selection_892.png (107 KB, 1436x991) Image search: [Google]
Selection_892.png
107 KB, 1436x991
>>573053
The fuck?

It says 150 when I look at it.

This contest is obviously rigged.
>>
>>573054
What the fuck? That is weird as hell. Did they change it? Do you have like a cached thing happened? Ctrl + F5 and see if it changes. ...is there like... a regional thing and you live in a different place from me? I don't understand.
>>
>>573055
Rigged.
>>
this is an outrage u_u
>>
File: 1458351902893.jpg (187 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
1458351902893.jpg
187 KB, 960x539
>>572699
I do not think you suck I think you are a nice and amazing person, anon!
>>
>>573055
>>573054
It says 150 for me as well. The actual limit seems to be indeed 128kb, but why does it show the wrong number for some I've no idea
>>
Moderators please respond.
>>
>>573312
That's extremely unlikely to happen, anon.
>>
>this wasn't rejected
>>
>>573191
isnt there a version of this where the ears are blueish? am i going crazy?
>>
>>573191
OP here and I think you're a faggot
>>
>>573317
Why is that?

Is it because they don't want to admit they fucked up?
>>
>>572777
>it fails to upload without giving an error.

I think it should at least give an error message.
How are people supposed to know their uploads failed?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.