[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ should be like /int/ and /pol/. Let's add OS flags to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: os_icons[1].png (6 KB, 424x124) Image search: [Google]
os_icons[1].png
6 KB, 424x124
/g/ should be like /int/ and /pol/. Let's add OS flags to every post, down to the distro if using linux
>>
>>>/g/55275374
>>
I agree
>>
>>572304
This
>>
I don't see why not. Sure, lets add OS flags to /g/
>>
Should each individual windows OS like 7/8.1/10 get their own individual flag? What about for Mac OS X?
>>
>>572313
>Should each individual windows OS like 7/8.1/10
Yes, we need to know who uses W10
>>
File: os.png (131 KB, 973x694) Image search: [Google]
os.png
131 KB, 973x694
>>572304
This is how it would look
>>
>>572319
That looks sexy.
I'd fug it
>>
>>572319
Awesome, this would be a great thing to add to /g/.
>>
DO IT
>>
File: g.png (184 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
g.png
184 KB, 660x720
>>572304
Please do it
>>
>>572304
upvoted
>>
>>572304
Agreed.
>>
>>572304
>>572319
Voting for this. Maybe with better lo/g/os.
Tux and android are okay, windows logo is okay but maybe a most recent one would be better, mac OS X is ugly and the iphone logo is garbage tier.
>>
>>572304
AGREED
>>
>>572304
I support this. Weed out the gaymen speccy fags.
>i have nothing to hide xd
Make it happen Goot.
>>
Phoneposters and gaymin kids aside, /g/ has enough problems with brand tribalism and fanboyism without adding this.
>>
>>572349
That elitism is necessary to keep the cancer at bay. It's why /a/ hasn't fallen like /b/ or /v/ has.
>>
>>572335
>iphone logo is garbage tier.
Yes, and?
>>
>>572304
They'd all make fun of me for using Kubuntu though. :(
>>
>>572304
This
>>
>>572304
This is such a fucking stupid fucking idea I actually like it. But no, its just going to cause just as much shitposting as flags. It would work best as a gag and that should be done only if the window logo has a dick on it.
>>
DO IT HIROSHIMOOT
>>
>>572359
A bunch of windows 10 users would tell you to install gentoo.
>>
>>572352
Elitism of that kind doesn't improve the board, it just results in more threads being shat up by people deflecting discussion. The OS wars are bad enough in their own threads, giving them an opportunity to drag it into unrelated discussion is a terrible idea.

Elitism only tends to work when the board isn't already a mess and there is a high standard of posting. The consumer kids are long settled in and I doubt anything short of a board split or nazi moderation will get rid of them.
>>
>>572304
Do it, I'd get free (you)s for running OS X.
>>
>>572358
yeah you're right. It's not like people are gonna post from apple hardware on /g/ anyway
>>
>>572304
would be fun for the first couple of weeks

then everyone would just spoof gentoo to keep the trolls off of them
>>
>>572304
>OS logos introduced
>99% of /g/ is a filthy phone poster
>>
>>572319

That would be fun, but it would take a while to contain shit posting levels.
>>
>>572349
This
I would be totally down for making it optional, though, it sounds like fun.
Also, people can just spoof their user agent, and how would it treat operating systems that aren't explicitly specified? I post here a lot from hipster shit.

>>572352
/a/ elitism doesn't turn every thread into a console war like this kind of trivial bullshit would, OS choice is not indicative of user knowledge or posting quality, you'd think years of OS war threads would have taught you this by now.
>>
>>572365
You would get more (you)s for running windows 10
>>
>>572371

At least they would have little excuse to not filter them.
>>
>>572369
Good and nobody will talk about winblows anymore.
>>
>>572371
This
>>
>>572304
It would be a fun April Fools thing...something temporary. But making it permanent would just be horrible in my opinion.

I would rather have actual in-thread ids per poster (like /pol/).
>>
>>572304
Tfw botnet

Fuck off skynet r3eeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>572304
This is a terrible idea. Freetards who are obsessed with Richard Stallman will ignore or argue with people who use Windows and vice versa. (I'm not talking about every Linux user, just those who think that it's their duty to insult other people based on which OS they use)
>>
>>574069
Are you unable to handle the bants?
>>
>install mint on a vm
>os flags become utterly worthless
this idea is awful.
>>
>>574069
They should be ignored. If you haven't at least developed enough tech literacy to realize who _obviously_ inferior windows is then you're probably the type to not consider all evidence and just close your eyes believing whatever you want and defending that position irrationally. Their opinions are not worth considering and they are probably beyond helping.
>>
>>575727
Windows isn't inferior. It created the standard for software development and brought everyone under the same OS.

Without Windows, every country would be running their own OS and every country would be running their own closed off internet. Freetards only understand small time tinkering and hacking. Without Microsoft, computers would be little more than spreadsheet machines.
>>
>>575727
Holy shit, fuck off. People like you are the cancer of /g/.

I never said that Linux is worse, in fact I think it's much better than Windows but who fucking cares? I use Windows because there are applications that are only available for Windows so I pretty much don't have a choice.

But as I said, who cares which OS I use? Use whatever OS you prefer and get over it.
>>
>>572304
+1
>>
Its funny to see how this thread went from a cool idea to a typical YOSPOS cesspool
>>
>>572304
yes!

as the other anon said "/g/ never has serious discussion anyway", so let's the flame rise even more
>>
bad idea, people may just shitpost towards your post simply based on OS
>>
>>575773
thats the point. It's like India posting on /pol/ or /int/
>>
How about browser flags instead of OS flags?
>>
>>577078
That's even worse
>>
>>572304
>implying i wouldn't edit my user agent in order to shitpost
>>
I still usually post from my Vista computer, so I think I would just flat out stop.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.