[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else noticed captchas becoming insanely difficult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: cute anime pic 0662.png (175 KB, 482x436) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0662.png
175 KB, 482x436
Has anyone else noticed captchas becoming insanely difficult after having made more than 40 posts in one day?
If you have legacy (v1) captchas enabled, google flat out punishes you by imposing the impossible captchas.

The ones with no vowels and you have to get both words correctly, and often it'll reject you anyway and force you to fill out 5 capchas before it accepts you.

When is bunnyman going to ditch google recaptchas and replace it with an inhouse system?
It's quite clear from google's recaptcha docs that all current users of legacy captcha are grandfathered in and nobody is allowed to generate new API keys to use legacy captcha.
They're going to discontinue the legacy captcha shortly and soon you won't be able to use 4chan anymore without using the mouse.
>>
>>572211
Yes. Everybody has noticed it.

Every fucking week with this shit. Buy a 4chan pass or shut up. You make 40 posts a day. Christ. That's like at least 3 hours of 4chan use, right? You spend three hours a day playing 4chan. Why the hell are you still filling out captchas?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 KB, 300x57
>>572241
I've made at least 200 posts today and I'm still getting these captchas
>>
>>572241
This is how I viewed it. Even valuing my time at minimum wage, the pass easily pays for itself over the course of a year.

The problem with the system though is that it wasn't really meant to be used this way. It's meant for stuff like user registrations. So if you're doing the captcha a lot, you're creating a lot of accounts, and are probably a spammer. Whereas if you're posting a lot on 4chan and aren't IP banned, you're probably not a spammer.
>>
>>572211
share your cute anime pic folder
>>
>>572244
Frankly, "Spammer" and "Not a Spammer" are just far too stupid of terms. The emergent behavior of everybody collectively all believing the same thing is what produces this emergent bullshit on 4chan. Everybody has shitposted ONCE before. Some people shitpost a whole bunch, but to be totally clear, the board's just too fast and MAN i don't even know what I'm fucking talking about right now I'm just FRUSTRATED. Nobody is ALL good, and nobody is ALL bad and everybody is SOME or whatever we all have good and bad tendencies and it's too black and white with fuckers. The 4chan pass and the captcha aren't designed for--

Now I realize what you're talking about. You're saying GOOGLE'S captcha isn't intended for hundreds of posts. okay sure. Yeah.
>>
AAAA now that I understand what OP meant about replacing the captcha with an inhouse solution I understand and agree. AAAAA
>>
>>572211
Nah my legacy captchas are all easy as fuck, albeit they're all in french but they're the same words every time.
>>
Yeah it does happen. If I post too much it gives me the impossible ones and I have to use the picture captchas.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.