[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I'm an everyday user of /pol/. Someone suggested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1460917824375.png (88 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460917824375.png
88 KB, 250x250
Hello,
I'm an everyday user of /pol/.
Someone suggested that the posting limit on our board should be increased to 500 posts instead of the typical 300 that we have.
I in particular sift around a lot of generals on the board which typically die extremely fast then have to be posted again and again.
Are there any arguments on why this is a bad idea? I think it would be better so that /pol/ doesn't have hundreds and hundreds of threads all at the same time flying by faster than anyone can see.
>>
>>571265

Seconding this suggestion. /pol/ regularly follows events where the posting comes in about as fast as during a sports game on /sp/, and threads can finish in much less than 10 minutes. It would help the board a lot if we could get a 500 post limit.
>>
>>571265

Why stop at /pol/? The top 20 boards by traffic should get the push to 500 posts, barring /a/,/b/ and /v/.
>>
>>571272
I can assume that could be in order as well but as of now I'm speaking for /pol/.
That's not a bad idea though; the higher traffic boards SHOULD get more posting room since they have so many people.
>>
>>571272
/b/ no, random makes sense.
>>
Having a long-ass bump limit might be nice if it allows topics to burn themselves out before some chucklefuck decides that they need to remake the thread (several dozen times).
>>
I think it should be decreased to 50 posts and everyone has to type at least 2000 character to post, without it being a text wall of NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS.

And the captcha should be solvable to people with at least 130 IQ.
>>
>>571265
500 would be an improvement, 1000 might be even better. More room in the thread means it hangs around longer and there's a larger window of opportunity for substantive stuff to be written before the thread is archived. The biggest waves don't form in ponds but oceans. Let's go bigger.
>>
>>571278
>How people think we post
>>571279
I don't know about 1000. Maybe there could be some code in the options menu for people who want to create threads with 1000 posts so that OP's can have a bit of regulation on their threads.
>>
>>571280
750 seems to be a good number. We can also have a forced autosage if the thread stays up too long, say 24-48 hours?
>>
>>571283

I'd want to see how it worked before any kind of forced autosage kicked in. I'd only want that if it were really becoming a problem.
>>
>>571283
Nah see it could work like this:
If the OP puts something in his options menu like the word "MAGA" he could keep his thread to 1000 posts indicating that he wants to create a thread for longer discussion.
>>
/pol/ is getting pretty busy, yeah.
But will it be able to sustain it post-election?
I'm trying to think of the last time the numbers were changed for a board, but my memory isn't very good.
>>
>>571284
Well the forced autosage was just to bring attention to it as an option. It's not really necessary most of the time, /pol/ is fast enough that the dead threads get removed quick. Deciding on a good bump limit is far more important right now
>>
>>571265
What /pol/ needs it to have it's post cooldown timer raised to 1 minute like most other boards.
>>
>>571265
Same and agreed. The threads move way too fast on /pol/. I think a 500 bump limit would be great for the board.
>>
Hopefully Hirogoot or an Admin will respond
>>
>>571291
Wow, I just checked and it's 15 seconds.
That's bizarre. Has it always been like that?
Even [s4s] has a minute.
>>
>>571291

I really don't see any harm from the reduced cooldown.

Cunts who spam still get banned by the mods, and it keeps the discussion flowing fast.
>>
File: meh.png (135 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
135 KB, 370x370
>>571265
generalfaggotry is cancer.
your threads die so fast because every two seconds someone makes a new "WOWE RLY MAKES U THINK X BTFO XD^^" meta thread.
>>
>>571265
>/pol/tard
>tripcunt
Please kill yourself, outsider.
>>
>>571278
this
>>
>>571265
Im all for this. This would stop threads from 404ing too quickly
>>
>>571265
I got a better idea, ban all the generals and kill yourself tripfag.
>>
>>571850
no lol
>>
File: 1449878302712.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449878302712.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>571278
>DURR URRR /POL/ BAD HURRRRRRRR

God I love seeing /qa/ compete in the special olympics
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.